Force Leap needs a nerf

RaithHarth

lol...you use to be able to jump it with out a leap. Haven't seen it in awhile, so maybe they changed the gap or something. Anyway, being able to leap the gap is fine. It goes both ways :D

You are correct. When they tweaked the pvp maps that took away all the short cuts and fun additions the developers originally put in to allow some fun variety. Its exploiting apparently.

The map changes I hated. Especially to Civil War. I wish on Nova Coast you could get on the roof of the bunker. they want everything so vanilla. I like a little chocalate and don't know who complained about the maps, but I hey. To each their own.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Then don't stand near the edge?

I jump to people across that ledge all the time and I successfully manage to plant maybe 5% of the time because there is usually somebody else there too.

What happened to you was pretty much an anomaly.

Here's what you do in the future; Don't stand in front of it. As others have said it's a long gap and somebody has to be standing pretty much right by the ledge for you to make it.

It still needs a nerf regardless, maybe shorten the distance of the leap abit

How does it need a nerf? It's been this way since th game started, Bioware gave Jedi/Sith a 30m gap closer for pvp against range classes, in voidstar they made the gap 28m, it's an oversight by Bioware, if anything needs fixing its the map NOT nerfing force leap.

I was in a lowbie VS game yesterday and two leapers on defense jumped the gap and made it harder for us to get the bridges down. Never saw it before, I've seen sorcs pull friendlies over the gap before but I guess leapers can do it on their own now.

They can only jump if a person is standing there for them to jump to PERIOD.

I love how people don't know how a class works yet calls for nerfs lol

shadows/assasins can get across that gap as well, if they are really good at timing their jump and force speed.

If they can clear 28m by using force speed and hitting there jump key then yeah Bioware definitely needs to nerf that, but I doubt they can. I'm calling BS on this one

That gap is too far and the force fields too high for any jump to work and I'm fairly certain that said force fields don't drop until the bridge is all the way across anyway.

So, for whatever reason that individual got across the gap Force Leap probably was not the cause.

The gap is not too far at all. People will often try to get back over to the other side (from a defender's viewpoint) via a sorc pull or even an intercede. This is dangerous to do, though, as a competent jumper will notice and jump over himself for a nice handy cap.

The only 'nerf' needed here is to nerf stupidity. Nobody should stand in the middle of the two shielded areas after dying. It's just asking for someone to leap you.

actually it wasn't me who stood on the other side it was one of my teammates, but the matter of the fact is the leap has too far of an advantage over all other abilities put together, and I thought it was overused in Huttball but now this? Look at the distance between the two sides between the bridge that's just crazy being able to leap over there!

Then you need to nerf Sorc/Sage force pull, it has the same range as force leap... While your at it nerf sorc/sage force speed, it allows them to run right threw the fire pits taking virtually not damage....

Also Nerf Bounty Hunters grapple cable, 30m is to long for that also.... Ah yeah nerf all the CC in this game because im tired of being CC locked for 8+ seconds, which is an eternity in pvp.

Oh yeah if you nerf Jedi Force Leap you need to decrease the distance Range DPS can fire, After all Force leap is suppose to be a gap closer for PvP, so if it gets nerfed then range dps gets nerfed also to keep it balanced.

Oh yeah we also need to nerf stealth, its unfair someone can stay in stealth indefinatly, i think they should only be able to go into stealth for 10 seconds before coming out again.

And lastly we need to nerf Muraders/Sentinels, I don't think it's fair they have TWO lightsabers, they should only get one.

P.S. Nerf Healers to, because their healing can be really annoying when your trying ot kill someone

shadows/assasins can get across that gap as well, if they are really good at timing their jump and force speed.

If they can clear 28m by using force speed and hitting there jump key then yeah Bioware definitely needs to nerf that, but I doubt they can. I'm calling BS on this one

The terminal on the side with the bridge controls was not always there. It was very easy for a sprinter to jump the gap. With the terminal, it's not possible, all video of this happening is prior to 1.2.

Don't change force leap

Its not too far to jump, i do it when ever i see someoen stupid enough to stand there. want to know a funny trick though? stand on the edge as far forward as you can, they will jump to you and fall to their deaths.

Oh and ps, the idea that they should nerf an ability because of one thing that can happen in one wz if someone is stupid enough to let it happen is laughable, unfortunately bioware listenes to people like this and that is why they failed so hard. i hope they have learned their lesson.

Edited by Mallorik

That gap is too far and the force fields too high for any jump to work and I'm fairly certain that said force fields don't drop until the bridge is all the way across anyway.

So, for whatever reason that individual got across the gap Force Leap probably was not the cause.

In the dead center between the bridges, where the ramp is near the doors(if you look under it there's a speed buff on a ledge) and the space opposite, there is no force field. I have had people punt me over that area to fall to my death.

Edited by beattlebilly

It still needs a nerf regardless, maybe shorten the distance of the leap abit

It wasn't a hack, it is indeed possible for jedi knights/sith warriors to jump across the gap if someone is standing too close to the edge.

RaithHarth, why are you standing here? :confused::D

ITS A TRICK not a hack! :p

Edited by Glower

lol, of all the abilities that could be nerfed, you choose force leap?

*sees 3 lolsmash juggs all smash and insta kill 3 teammates at the same time.*

*sees warrior leap across the gap to guy standing right on the edge.*

"Bioware, Force Leap needs a nerf!"

Don't stand on the edge for them to leap to you, same deal as huttball. "oh, but I'm a sniper in cover!" Don't Stand on the edge for them to stun and leap to you. Also, given the apparently 28-29m range between the gap, Don't stand on the edge for PTs/VGs/Sins/Shadows to pull you.

And when you see somebody standing on the edge, rage at them in the game, don't give them a pass then come to the forums asking for nerfs because teammates don't know how to play and unintentionally or intentionally aid the enemy team.

Moral of the story: Don't stand on the edge.

/thread

I was just playing voidstar and somehow when the Bridges weren't even down yet, a Sith Juggernaut was able to force leap over onto the other side and set a bomb on the door, this is the first time I ever seen this happen.

leap really needs looked into. its causing a lo of pvp issues

That's what happens when you have idiot teammates that stand at the ledge and let people jump to them...that is a l2p issue my friend. You don't blame the jugg in huttball when he jumps to a guy standing at the platform like a dummy.

lol nice said ...

Still the distance between the bridge to the other side is crazy, the force leap needs to be nerfed down abit, it just gives leapers an unfair advantage to other players that can't reach them

Then don't *********** stand there. You have no business being over there anyways unless you have a pull to kill an idiot wandering around on the other side.