Planet suggestion thread

Vitas

The *only* planet that I'm particularly interested in seeing is Ryloth, the Twi'lek homeworld.

I don't recall ever hearing about it being included in a game. Also, with the upcoming expansion, Rise of the Hutt Cartel, it makes sense, given that the Hutts, among others, have been fighting for control of the planet (and enslaving the twi'leks) due to it being a MAJOR source of Ryll spice.

It doesn't even have to have anything related to the Republic/Empire war, or even class stories.

Actually, here's a thought: species-focused stories for new story content! Stories and how they progress would depend on which *species* you are, rather than which faction. On Ryloth, for example, a twi'lek would obviously have a completely different experience (not to mention reactions of NPCs) from other species who visit. Twi'leks would see them as one of their own, while whoever is currently in control of the planet would treat twi'lek PCs as "just another slave getting an attitude"--much to their dismay (or death, for darksiders) when they discover their mistake.

Non-twi'leks, of course, would have a *very* different experience. NPC twi'leks would view them with suspicion and distrust, while the overlords would either view them similarly, or welcome them with open arms (though likely something in between the two).

If a planet were to be added with such a route taken for it, Rep and Imp players might be able to group together (but only on that planet) for missions, setting aside their differences to deal with another issue that's just as important to both sides (while being neutral, strategically, as far as the war goes).

Ryloth would also provide a number of possibilities both for current twi'lek companions, and for gaining new (twi'lek, of course) companions through a number of ways/means such as purchasing a slave, aiding a slave in escaping, or even "take my daughter/son with you so that they won't be forced to work in the mines!"

All of these possibilities also match current existing lore.

Edited by VelvetSanity

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The *only* planet that I'm particularly interested in seeing is Ryloth, the Twi'lek homeworld.

I don't recall ever hearing about it being included in a game. Also, with the upcoming expansion, Rise of the Hutt Cartel, it makes sense, given that the Hutts, among others, have been fighting for control of the planet (and enslaving the twi'leks) due to it being a MAJOR source of Ryll spice.

It doesn't even have to have anything related to the Republic/Empire war, or even class stories.

Actually, here's a thought: species-focused stories for new story content! Stories and how they progress would depend on which *species* you are, rather than which faction. On Ryloth, for example, a twi'lek would obviously have a completely different experience (not to mention reactions of NPCs) from other species who visit. Twi'leks would see them as one of their own, while whoever is currently in control of the planet would treat twi'lek PCs as "just another slave getting an attitude"--much to their dismay (or death, for darksiders) when they discover their mistake.

Non-twi'leks, of course, would have a *very* different experience. NPC twi'leks would view them with suspicion and distrust, while the overlords would either view them similarly, or welcome them with open arms (though likely something in between the two).

If a planet were to be added with such a route taken for it, Rep and Imp players might be able to group together (but only on that planet) for missions, setting aside their differences to deal with another issue that's just as important to both sides (while being neutral, strategically, as far as the war goes).

Ryloth would also provide a number of possibilities both for current twi'lek companions, and for gaining new (twi'lek, of course) companions through a number of ways/means such as purchasing a slave, aiding a slave in escaping, or even "take my daughter/son with you so that they won't be forced to work in the mines!"

All of these possibilities also match current existing lore.

In the past Ryloth has been featured in the video games: Star Wars: Racer Revenge, Star Wars: Empire at War and Star Wars: Rebellion. Yes hopefully Ryloth will be made explorable in the game. Other worlds which I think would've been perfect for the expansion were Varl and even Boz Pity which matches the same situation as Makeb, albeit the Gargantelles.

• 3 weeks later...
Refering to the original post: Very nice work!, i would definetly like to see more planets added, i love exploring all corners of the galaxy and in particular would love to be able to visit Yavin 4, and see the sub-sith race of ancient warriors, ect.

Being the "Sith Warrior" and a "personal gown oriented-Jedi Knight" my 2 favorite characters with the lore that surrounds them, this planet would feel like heaven for me.

Just imagine with Yavin 4, exploring the tombs of Naga Sadow and Exar Kun and even encountering their spirits either to battle or do their bidding. Encountering the Massassi, you could fight them, have them worship you and maybe even the oppertunity of gaining one as a companion.

Just imagine with Yavin 4, exploring the tombs of Naga Sadow and Exar Kun and even encountering their spirits either to battle or do their bidding. Encountering the Massassi, you could fight them, have them worship you and maybe even the oppertunity of gaining one as a companion.

exactly, i get the chills just of thinking of it :) this game has so much potential, so much lore it could exploit and expand around, Yavin 4 being a perfect example....

exactly, i get the chills just of thinking of it :) this game has so much potential, so much lore it could exploit and expand around, Yavin 4 being a perfect example....

Also since both the Republic and Sith know of its location, they could already have bases set-up. Both could have taken over one of the temples and like in Episode IV, you could be able to land in one them.

As well Naga Sadow's spirit has shown to be a threat. Like Malgus and the Dread Masters, Sadow could also start his own splinter faction having acquired a host to fight against the Republic and Empire posing as the true Sith Emperor.

Another two potential locations to add to the list of possible explorable worlds:

Byss

Not to be confused with the Outer Rim world of the same name, Byss is a lush and fertile planet located in the Deep Core. A world of myth and once ruled by the Infinite Empire, it was a natural conduit of the Force and viewed as a legendary world of serene, paradisiacal natural beauty. After the colonization of the Republic, many structures were built over the ancient Rakatan ruins where many secrets lay hidden. The world became a paradise retreat away from most of the galaxy's conflicts and considered to be the perfect place to live.

Ryloth

A harsh, rocky planet in the Gaulus sector of the Outer Rim and the homeworld of the Twi'leks. The world was known for its illegal buisness operations, mainly slave trading which the local populace were affected by. People travelled here either to be entertained by the Twi'leks or to deal some sort of underground transaction such as the drug Ryll which was found here. The planet had some natural wonders and many dangerous fauna such as the Lylek which resembled the Sand Demon of Tatooine. One side of the planet was in permanent night which was known as the Nightlands.

Edited by Vitas

Wow Vitas, you really know your planets. What a great read this was.

I've been looking at a map over the Outer Rim and was thinking, what about Bonadan?

It's supposed to have 10 gigantic spaceports, and be very polluted, with industrial centers, and eroded wastes. Also there's a lot of different species living there, including the Tiss'shar and the Hiitians.

You also have the Bonadan cough, which was a contagiuos virus from this planet.

Maybe Bioware could make it look like a really lively world, with lots of things happening everywhere (as opposed to maybe in-game Coruscant, which might feel kinda empty, and "closed". Coronet alone almost feels bigger in-game).

Two more potential worlds which would be great to explore in the game:

Bonadan

An idustrial world loacted in the Outer Rim, it featured 10 huge spaceports and a massive industry involving strip mining and producing weapons, armor, consumer goods, foods and ships, some produced using heavy materials. The planet became highly polluted to which a weather station was built to help clean the air. Dozens of species from different worlds came here to work in its factories, the world itself ruled by various corporations and wealthy families. One of the planet's surving fauna was the Tortapo. The Bonadan Cough was a viral disease which originated here that gave its victim a hoarse cough and deep fatigue.

Yavin 8

The eighth moon of the gas giant Yavin, a dry and cold world and the homeworld of the Melodies, sentient humanoids who evolved into mermaids, and another unamed sentient bipedal species. When the Sith Lord Exar Kun gained control of the Massassi and imprisoned their children in a device known as the Golden Globe, some of the Massassi fled to Yavin 8 seeking help to free their children from the Sith Lord's device. They left carvings and messages behind on the world hoping someone would be able to help but were unsuccessful. The moon's native fauna included the Ropedancers, Avril, Reel, Raith and Purella.

Edited by Vitas

been reading "Tales of the Jedi" this last week, and damm now im really into seen Onderon ;)

Pretty much most worlds, if not all, from the Tales of the Jedi series should be considered to become explorable in the game. Empress Teta, Kirrek, Ossus, Ziost, Khar Delba, Khar Shian, Rhelg, Ch'hodos, Yavin IV, Arkania, Onderon, Dxun, Ambria, H'ratth, Vo Dasha, Dantooine, Deneba, Teedio & Exis station and Rhen Var are all potential explorable worlds, there's just too many to list.

In the next possible expansion, I think both Onderon and Dxun should considered to be implemented and made explorable. Whilst both worlds could be accessible to either faction, Onderon could be the Republic staging ground whilst Dxun can be the Imperial base. On Onderon Republic players could land in Iziz starport and Imperial players could land somewhere in a Naddist encampment or temple. On Dxun, Imperial players can land at the Mandalorian camp whilst Republic players could land at a small area hidden in the jungle like in KOTOR II or at some minor Republic camp that's been built.

Edited by Vitas

Ossus

Wasent Ossus the one destroyed? the planet that had the big library?

Yes Ziost is another of my favs, have u been following the Dawn of the Jedi new comics? love them so far!!!

Edited by YeIIow

Amazing post. I support the OP's idea.

Instance everyone of these planets, clone, all the current,planets,

change a few things, use maps, from other planets. It should be easy.

Make a few notable planets part of new stories, and flashpoints.

Make some, pure sandbox style content, and possible future planets for player housing(if they ever add that.)

Just make some planets, endless mob/loot/exploration places.

Wasent Ossus the one destroyed? the planet that thad the big library?

Yes Ziost is another of my favs, have u been following the Dawn of the Jedi new comics? love them so far!!!

Ossus wasn't destroyed, it was just devasated after the destruction of the Cron Cluster and then attacked by Exar Kun and Ulic Qel-Droma. After the attack there were still survivors, with most of the population evolving into the Ysanna. One Net Jedi named Ood Bnar stayed behind to protect the world. Whilst many artifacts were later moved to other worlds like Kamino, there were still some left behind.

I'd imagine what could happen here is, the Jedi along with the Republic have come to Ossus searching for any artifacts which have still survived and any other secrets left behind which could aid their cause in the war whilst also looking into any possibilities of restoring the world. Whilst the Sith have arrived to halt the actions of the Republic and to also look for anything which they could use to their advantage.

Yes Ziost would also make for a great world to explore. The Dawn of the Jedi series has already shown so much about each world of the Tython system, exploring them would also be interesting. Tython's moons Ashla and Bogan I'd like to freely visit. Players who have a dark side alignment could come to Bogan whilst those who are light side could visit Ashla. Although a player of any alignment or faction could come to either world, there'd some missions which are specifically for their alignment.

Edited by Vitas

Ossus wasn't destroyed, it was just devasated after the destruction of the Cron Cluster and then attacked by Exar Kun and Ulic Qel-Droma. After the attack there were still survivors, with most of the population evolving into the Ysanna. One Net Jedi named Ood Bnar stayed behind to protect the world. Whilst many artifacts were later moved to other worlds like Kamino, there were still some left behind.

I'd imagine what could happen here is, the Jedi along with the Republic have come to Ossus searching for any artifacts which have still survived and any other secrets left behind which could aid their cause in the war whilst also looking into any possibilities of restoring the world. Whilst the Sith have arrived to halt the actions of the Republic and to also look for anything which they could use to their advantage.

Yes Ziost would also make for a great world to explore. The Dawn of the Jedi series has already shown so much about each world of the Tython system, exploring them would also be interesting. Tython's moons Ashla and Bogan I'd like to freely visit. Players who have a dark side alignment could come to Bogan whilst those who are light side could visit Ashla. Although a player of any alignment or faction could come to either world, there'd some missions which are specifically for their alignment.

oh i believed Ossus was completly devasted with no survivors, can u send me a link or the name comic/book that follows the story of the planet?

Yea he idea of Tython's moons sound really good, specially some alignment side quest, that would be soemthing new for a change....

oh i believed Ossus was completly devasted with no survivors, can u send me a link or the name comic/book that follows the story of the planet?

Yea he idea of Tython's moons sound really good, specially some alignment side quest, that would be soemthing new for a change....

Devastated yes but not uninhabitable. Ossus predominantly appears in most issues of the Tales of the Jedi series and much later during the New Republic era in the Dark Empire II and Empire's End series. Ossus' first appearance in Star Wars media was in Tales of the Jedi: The Freedon Nadd Uprising 1. You can start off by checking out these links for more information on the world:

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Ossus

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Ysanna

and much later during the New Republic era in the Dark Empire II and Empire's End series.

oh ok, yea i am not a big fan of Classic-Legacy Era so all i know about Ossus was from Tales of the Jedi and the other Comics from around that ERA.

Edited by YeIIow

Great post.

I would like to see five open worlds for all kinds of mini qests and collections here are mine

1) Yavin. This places is crawling with dark side potential

2) Dantooine. I was surprised it was not here already

3) kashyykk. Obviously people love wools and it a good place to hunt

4) Mustafar. A Ton of old republic technology here why?

5) Manaan. Another important local from KOTOR

A bonus, Dagobah

Why? another place flowing with force power and I would love to learn the history of this planet. This could just be a flashpoint tbh

Some ruiner ups

Ryloth

Rodia

Dathomir. This wold be on first list but no night sisters yet in our time period

Sullust

Seriously just five open world areas and we would good

We have a lot of planets already and swg never had coruscant

Just a few open worlds would be Awesome

Of course expadanding on current worlds and adding open world areas would be good too

Sorry for typos did this on my phone and that auto spell check is annoying lol

Edited by kirorx

One more location to add to the list of potential worlds to explore in the game:

Dagobah

A remote world located in the Outer Rim, Dagobah's terrain primarily consisted of dense jungles and swamps and was the homeworld of the Hepsalum Tash, a peaceful species who could grow up to 8 meters tall although were reclusive. It consisted of a multitude of fauna and flora, many of which were dangerous such as the Swamp slug, Dragonsnake and Knobby white spider. The Bogwing and Sleen, two creatures native to Dagobah, have been introduced to Taris, Belsavis and Dromund Kaas. Research teams would come here to study the environment and on some occasions, ships would crash here becoming stranded leading to the crew either dying or resorting to cannibalism.

Edited by Vitas