Do the sugesstion threads matter?

cool-dude

There are literally hundreds of posts in the suggestion section of the forum, and I have a feeling nobody from the SWTOR development team looks at them. I think feedback from the test servers get attention, but not the suggestion section. If I am right, does that mean the suggestion section is useless?

• Dev Post
There are literally hundreds of posts in the suggestion section of the forum, and I have a feeling nobody from the SWTOR development team looks at them. I think feedback from the test servers get attention, but not the suggestion section. If I am right, does that mean the suggestion section is useless?

Far from it! We do read the suggestions forum frequently to get a better idea of what players are asking for! We're not often able to comment about what might be coming in the future (and suggestions, by their nature, are mostly related to future content), which means we may post less in suggestion threads. However, we are definitely always reading it and the other forums to get information about what players want!

They're called the Suggestion Forums for a reason. To discuss cool ideas in the CHANCE that they will be implemented into the game. It's like making a wish. Just because you think your idea is amazing doesn't mean it'll be implemented. The forums are there for ideas, not certainties.

You'd think feedback from the pts would get attention, but sadly this is rarely the case.

They may take a suggestion and implement it but I read somewhere a while back that they dont post there because then the OP can claim to some monetary compensation if Bioware implements his/her idea(s) and has proof that Bioware might have taken that idea from him.

Player: "You guys should implement this into the game, I think it would be great!"

AllissonBerryman: Great idea! Ill forward this to James Ohlen right away!"

6 months later...

Lawyer: My client is demanding $10,000 compensation for his idea which you implemented on the latest patch of the game, which we have proof you took on this day."

/shrug ... makes sense to me.

Edited by MasterKayote

Of course they read each and every one of them!

And I come to a complete stop at all stop signs and red lights, and never speed. Least, that's what I'd tell my insurance company.

Edited by Kourage

Of course they read each and every one of them!

And I come to a complete stop at all stop signs and red lights, and never speed. Least, that's what I'd tell my insurance company.

guess they must have discussed the 17.000 threads and over 120.000 posts in the suggestion box in a 12 hour internal expansion update meeting...

Edited by Lord_Ravenhurst

Far from it! We do read the suggestions forum frequently to get a better idea of what players are asking for! We're not often able to comment about what might be coming in the future (and suggestions, by their nature, are mostly related to future content), which means we may post less in suggestion threads. However, we are definitely always reading it and the other forums to get information about what players want!

Can you show us an example?

Just highlight the post, including date, and when that suggestion was added into the game or what game addition was directly modified due to that suggestion.

As it's happening all the time, it shouldn't be hard for you to find just one single example. We'll wait.

Ok, heres the thing, the have all of these transfers going on, with Destination servers and Origin servers. If you make a server a Destination server. Why the heck do you only allow certain servers to transfer it. My server was Sith Wyrm, recently added to the Origin list. My current server is The Harbinger. Why won't you let me transfer to The Harbinger from Sith Wyrm. We have to be allowed a choice on destination servers cause you don't know if we play on a preticular server or not. My tank is on Sith Wyrm while my entire guild moved to Harbinger. LET ME MOVE MY TANK OVER!!:mad:

Quite frankly, alot of people have bad idea's.

True.. I'm still looking for the suggestion that spaceships should leave the planet when you click the door.

Also the one suggestion that companions should vanish when you ride in a two seated taxi. And my all time favourite: Beaming effect on quicktravel and waving to an invisible shuttle you never see.

Can you show us an example?

Just highlight the post, including date, and when that suggestion was added into the game or what game addition was directly modified due to that suggestion.

As it's happening all the time, it shouldn't be hard for you to find just one single example. We'll wait.

I have two examples of threads where the things suggested were implemented. Of course that doesn't proof that these specific threads were responsible for this, but as someone mentioned, they can't say that or they would have to pay the poster for his idea.

Here are they:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=210259 (Re-spec is free now, if I remember correctly)

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=209722 (You can search for specific armor slots on the GTN, if I remember correctly. If the poster didn't make a mistake, it wasn't possible at first.)

Frankly I doubt they read ALL, but sure do ignore most all post.. IMO the only post they ever respond or idea are ones that are already in the pipe.. It makes it look like the community had input.. I have read countless great ideas to make this game better, and NOTHING from the company..

But it wasn't at the beginning. So they saw that some suggested it and others didn't want it and tried to implement something that pleases both sides.

Forgive me if im wrong on this but it always went up if i did alot of respecs and the longer i left it between respecs the lower the price went until it finally hit zero again, i think they just adjusted the time for a retune back to zero.

Edited by Shingara

Forgive me if im wrong on this but it always went up if i did alot of respecs and the longer i left it between respecs the lower the price went until it finally hit zero again, i think they just adjusted the time for a retune back to zero.

Hmm, maybe. But that would still mean that they were aware that some suggested free respec and others didn't want it and they somehow listened to the suggestion by lowering the time for a free respec to once a week.

But it wasn't at the beginning. So they saw that some suggested it and others didn't want it and tried to implement something that pleases both sides.

It was free when it was put in game back in beta (2010ish). It changed to free once a week before live and has been that from day one. So this is in fact an example of where a change was made (from free to not free) even though a lot of members of the community were saying that was a bad change (as they were saying that back in beta as well).

The change you are confused about is the tool tip used to be messed up and display your free change as costing money. That was corrected.

Good try though.

Still waiting!

Edited by lexiekaboom

It was free when it was put in game back in beta (2010ish). It changed to free once a week before live and has been that from day one. So this is in fact an example of where a change was made (from free to not free) even though a lot of members of the community were saying that was a bad change (as they were saying that back in beta as well).

The change you are confused about is the tool tip used to be messed up and display your free change as costing money. That was corrected.

Good try though.

Still waiting!

Okay. Since I have no obligation to defend Bioware, I just took the easy ones:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=153882

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=217143

When I open up my crew crafting window, letter N, I'd like for the things that I can craft to be sorted however I want and to stay that way for the next time I press N. I'd like to see the sort method persist, even if I log off. Edited by VinceTam