Subscriber benefits

AstroPilot

So I just got this game yesterday and I bought a subscription,and received the expansion as part of the sub.So my question is,after my subscription is up do I still get the expansion content?

EDIT: See below. BioWare has just confirmed that you keep the expansion after you subscribe.

More features that you loose are at http://www.swtor.com/free/features . You will become a Preferred player when you quit being a sub. Most of the Preferred account locks can be unlocked from permanent unlocks or weekly passes for in game credits from the Global Trade Network.

EDIT: See below. BioWare has just confirmed that you keep the expansion after you subscribe.

Yes, you will still have access to RotHC content after your subscription expires.

Anywhere I can find written proof of this?I take your word for it but just want to confirm because I am short on money and don't want to shell out another 20$ for the expansion

Anywhere I can find written proof of this?I take your word for it but just want to confirm because I am short on money and don't want to shell out another 20$ for the expansion

http://www.swtor.com/info/news/news-article/20130910

it's not 100% clear but it more or less states it's a gift for those subscribed during that period, meaning you got it and get to keep it. It's not a trail or anything.

That would be this:

Greetings FluxAB,

Thanks for contacting us.

Just to confirm, as NicAX has stated, you won't lose the Rise of the Hutt Cartel content when your sub lapses.

Additionally, you can see the differences between Preferred and Subscriber accounts here.

Thanks.

Full thread is here.

• 1 year later...

For the OP:

Are you talking about Shadow of Revan or Rise of the Hutt Cartel? The latter is free with a sub. The former is $20 regardless of subscription. I hope this clarifies things.

For the OP:

Are you talking about Shadow of Revan or Rise of the Hutt Cartel? The latter is free with a sub. The former is $20 regardless of subscription. I hope this clarifies things.

He was asking about RotHC. His post is dated Sept. 30, 2013, more than a year before SoR was announced.

• 8 months later...
Does buying the one time purchase subscription thing give you less benefits than the re-occurring subscription or are they the same?

If you are talking about the 1-month plan vs the 3-month vs the 6-month, the only difference is how much you pay per month: 1-month = $15/month, 3-month = $14/month, 6-month = $13/month.

Does buying the one time purchase subscription thing give you less benefits than the re-occurring subscription or are they the same?

The only differences between a non-recurring 60 days subscription and a monthly billed one are that you

1. pay a bit more per month

2. get 525 cartel coins per month instead of 500 (90 days: 550, 180 days: 600)

3. are in danger of your sub running out inadvertently during promotional actions like the HK chapter

4. have the convenience of having to do absolutely nothing if you want to unsub.

Edited by Mubrak

• 3 months later...
  • 6 months later...