How to kill a smash marra/sent and tank sin/shadow?

Mularky

It seems that these classes I have the most trouble with on my Vanguard. Currently I am 4/6/31 I have about 1340 power.

First off the problem I have with sin tanks is that they negate about 2/3s of my burst. What I mean by using their force shroud. Does anyone use a specific tacit with taking them down? All my HiB are deflected too.

With Smash marras I am always slowed. Is there a certain stun that i should use when they start using something? I was thinking neural surge with ravage and cryo with GTBF/UR.

One comment on PVP is if you are trying to avoid being smashed don't be near other players. If you notice their defensive buff up there are a few things you can do.

Neural Surge and run.

Cryo Grenade and run

Wait to use your shield until after they have force leaped

Use Full auto instead of HIB

It's a lot for anyone to deal with right now, use adrenaline rush to help get some health back.

The tree i use for PVP is this

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#801hMhZMsMRRrfodsZb.2

You get massive aoe reduction, increased reduction if you are stunned, your AOE slows the enemy, and you are melee anyway so a good gut can go a long way.

It seems that these classes I have the most trouble with on my Vanguard. Currently I am 4/6/31 I have about 1340 power.

First off the problem I have with sin tanks is that they negate about 2/3s of my burst. What I mean by using their force shroud. Does anyone use a specific tacit with taking them down? All my HiB are deflected too.

With Smash marras I am always slowed. Is there a certain stun that i should use when they start using something? I was thinking neural surge with ravage and cryo with GTBF/UR.

I'd use those the other way around - use Neural Surge on Undying Rage, since it breaks on damage and you're not going to be wasting time attacking him through 99% DR, and use Cryo Grenade when he does Ravage so that you'll interrupt it but can keep hitting him while he's stunned. Then again, all you need to do with the Ravage is interrupt it, so Neural Surge can work there, too.

On the other hand, if there's someone else fighting him too (or you already have a burn or bleed on him), you might want to use the Cryo on Undying Rage because Neural Surge will break.

neural surge does not break on damage

...huh. My apologies, I thought it was like the Sith Warrior's Intimidating Roar, which does break on damage.

In that case, scratch everything I said, you're absolutely right about which to use on which ability. Bonus if the Neural Surge hits another enemy too. :D

Hey there,

With the upcoming changes I think these smash types will be easier to deal with. I play an Assault VG and I'm looking forward to the changes. I would say I'm 50-50 vs these dudes and it really comes down to if I have any of my CC abilites and sheild on cooldown. When I have neural surge, cryo nade and sheild up, I wreck them, if they are on cooldown, I get wrecked, it's just the nature of the beast. Gone are the days where at 30m I could hit them with IR/AP/HIB/CRYO/Repeat and by the time they were in melee range, they were at 1/4 health....SIGH...

Here is a list of things that will help vs Smash Mara and for that matter, any other class.

1. Hold the line will give us the ability to kite better and removes any slows your are inflicted with. When these smash dudes leap to you, pop HTL and start kiting.

2. A new Passive ability, Into the Fray, has been added. Into the Fray increases the duration of Reactive Shield by 3 seconds. In addition, suffering direct damage from area of effect attacks restores 2 Energy Cells and heals players for 0.25% of total health. This effect cannot occur more than once every 3 seconds. Pop your sheild and soak up damage while you get a bit of healing.

3. Shoulder Canon - added burst while kiting. On the PTS it was hitting 1.6K/missle.

4. Spec into having diversion remove all movement imparing effects

5. Spec into Electro Sheild. While your shield is active, it will ZAP attackers with elemental damage.

6. If they are leaping to you, pop your WZ Adrenal. Get that 15% reduction in damage when they are smashing.

7. Always try and interrupt. RIOT STRIKE has saved my Bacon many times and it helps me lock down healers.

8. I don't see alot of people using this but I always use a seismic v-1 or cryo grenade that can be purchased on GTN and used in WZ. Just another interrupt/CC that can be used. Works the same way as neural surge. Has an AOE effect and knocks down enemies for a few secs. The effect ends on damage.

Plus you still have Cryo Nade and Neural Surge. Vanguards wil have good CC, a bit more survivability and some more burst and better kiting. I'm looking forward to the changes. I'm crossing everything that I can cross that BW/EA don't bork it up somehow.

Whether you spec Assault, Tactics or Hybrid As/T, I think VG will still have a strong showing in PVP, but it's going to really come down to player's skillz and their ability to integrate these changes that will determine individual success with the class.

Edited by ZillaElite