Greetings

SoraStrife

So, Ive played on and off since release, going solo never really accomplishing anything, but Ive decided to settle in and make TOR my main game, as I always seem to come back to it in one way or another and I always find it fun. So the winner of the random home server draw was shadowlands, and just thought I would introduce myself to the community so... hi!

When I get a character leveled, Ill likely look in to doing PVE stuff mostly. I'm not really looking in to guilds right now, though probably will in the near future. Right now it feels like the thing Ill be playing most is my Marauder, but who knows, Ive also got a mid level vanguard I could level, but Im not feeling it right this moment.

A few questions:

1) Any community memes I should be aware of?

2) Any big guilds we all look up to in awe?

3) Is there an altaholics anonymous I can join around here?

Thanks to all who reply~

So, Ive played on and off since release, going solo never really accomplishing anything, but Ive decided to settle in and make TOR my main game, as I always seem to come back to it in one way or another and I always find it fun. So the winner of the random home server draw was shadowlands, and just thought I would introduce myself to the community so... hi!

When I get a character leveled, Ill likely look in to doing PVE stuff mostly. I'm not really looking in to guilds right now, though probably will in the near future. Right now it feels like the thing Ill be playing most is my Marauder, but who knows, Ive also got a mid level vanguard I could level, but Im not feeling it right this moment.

A few questions:

Thanks to all who reply~

1) I think the JAWA meme still goes on.

2) There are some decent pve guilds and pvp guilds on the server

3) There are quite a lot of guilds with many toons with multiple alts...

A few questions:

Thanks to all who reply~

(1) I've haven't seen too many community memes, but I don't spend a whole lot of my time here. There does seem to be this random, oft repeated joke in the game of a Jedi, a trooper, and a smuggler walking into a cantina. (It pops up occasionally on the Imperial side as a Sith, a bounty hunter, and an Imperial agent.)

(2) I don't believe that Aftermath or Fires of Heaven have a presence in SW:TOR like they did in EverQuest or World of WarCraft. So there are none of which I'm aware.

(3) The Forceful guild on the Galactic Republic side of the fence hosts a few altcoholics' characters. Right now, it's small - but it has some decent folks that are on fairly regularly. They have a nominal presence in the Sith Empire under the banner of Enforced, but that's mostly comprised of the current Forceful guild leader and one other officer.

A few questions:

1. The Jawa one is definitely still prevalent - seemingly on both sides.

2. Honestly, no - the way this game is set up there are no guilds that are so incredibly far and beyond any others that one might look at them in awe (as previous poster said, nothing like FoH was in EQ where they would beat everyone in content by weeks). It seems to me all the 8s and 16s beat the content in a similar timeline. On this server, The Grey Order (TGO) has consistently been the first to clear, and get titles on 8 man. There are only 3 16 man guilds now (a week ago there was only 1, Carnage Gaming) - that being said, for the current tier of content no one has beaten Kephess in EC NiM in 16, and only Carnage has gotten tanks. If you are looking serverwide, then Ace and FriendlyFire are generally regarded to be two of the best. Otherwise, just check the progression spreadsheets which are maintained.

3. I'm not sure if there are specific guilds designed for altaholics - but there are plenty of casual guilds that can probably cater to such a person. Covenant of the Phoenix (COTP) might be a fit, and they are certainly one of my favorite casual guilds.

Thanks for the replies everyone. Glad to be here. I think I certainly will begin the guild hunt to settle in.

Also, the altaholics thing was mostly just a joke about how I rarely get anything down because I get too distracted with alts. I swear Im going to finish a character this time around though! :p

Edited by SoraStrife

• 2 months later...

The jaws meme needs to die slowly and painfully in a fire and its ashes pissed on.

Lachris STD conversations come up every now and then. We also like to talk about how hot rattatakis are. And watch out for that Zenod guy. Just because he has a crown he thinks he's the king.

EDIT: Just realized this thread is a couple of months old. I still stand by what I said.

Edited by Dedrayge