Surge

ellrochell

I believe it is 75% but I could be wrong. Most guides for gearing have it set to about 75%.

Softcap is somewhere around 70% - not reasonable to push higher at lower gear levels, because you also need 110% accuracy to hit raid bosses. Hardcap - not really sure. Reached 78% on my Carnage Marauder in PvE gear (he needs less accuracy on gear due to talents, thus I can afford extra Power/Surge enhancements).

Softcap is somewhere around 70% - not reasonable to push higher at lower gear levels, because you also need 110% accuracy to hit raid bosses. Hardcap - not really sure. Reached 78% on my Carnage Marauder in PvE gear (he needs less accuracy on gear due to talents, thus I can afford extra Power/Surge enhancements).

For a Carnage Mara, would you be better off using some Alacrity Enhancements instead of Surge, due to the hard cap? What about extra accuracy to get more offhand hits?

For a Carnage Mara, would you be better off using some Alacrity Enhancements instead of Surge, due to the hard cap? What about extra accuracy to get more offhand hits?

Alacrity is bad, m'kay? At least for Warriors. Basically, Alacrity means that you get to Strike/Assault more often. Exciting.

Accuracy is needed not for offhand hits, but rather for reliable mainhand hits. Sucks to have that Deadly Throw miss that Sorcerer because he has 10% baseline defense, allowing him to ignore the root. A significant part of your control as Carnage is tied to "white" attacks, so Accuracy isn't the worst support stat for you. So going beyond 110% on specials is not reasonable.

That said, Surge hardcap isn't something you can easily acquire. I still benefit from Surge rating on my Marauder. Granted, his PvP gear is, frankly, better than PvE gear - so I don't have a high-grade budget. Might want to ask someone more into PvE math, because I am not certain about the "true" hard cap, and which level of gear you typically achieve it with.

Edited by Helig