[UT] What is wrong with Grade 4 Metals missions???

Oteefo

What exactly is the problem? I am thinking of 2 possible things that I know of

1) You are getting shafted by the RNG not showing a metal mission instead of companion gifts and fabrics? Generally the fastest solution (depends on your real life tech afoot), is to log out and back in OR zone. Key here is to cause a loading screen which usually generates a new list. You could also go the route I did before I knew about this and just send a companion on your quickest grade 1 UT mission :confused:

2)You are clicking the UT crew skill icon that you put into a quickslot and it's not bringing up your full level range of missions? Would have to obviously go use the one from the Crew Skill window instead.

These are the only 2 that I have run across myself. Sorry if this doesn't encompass what is bothering you at this time.

I've been trying all week to harvest these.,.....and constantly, NO missions at all.......is there some trick to making them appear?

Going on forever. Way too many companion gifts. I've actually tested this and proved it out.

Best way to work around it is to be on your ship, have your five companions take five missions in that category, then log off and on (when in your ship, logging seems to be faster then jumping on and off your ship to reset the missions). You may have to do this a couple of times to get the required mission to pop. Once it does, drop the mission from your best crafter and take that one. Then drop all the others for a full refund. Pray for a crit.

G'luck

I had 3 at one time last night, 2 abundant yields and 1 rich yield all grade 4. BioWare decided that was too many and by the time I got to the rich yield it disappeared. Pissed was the least of my emotions at that time. I sent them all on grade 4 crew skills for gifts and fabrics as well, logged on another toon, came back and cancelled all the gift and fabric missions and at least 2 moderate yield UT missions popped up for metals. Sent my other pet out on gift mission and logged onto yet another toon and forgot about the gift missions.

It's all rng.

I have two UTs and can go weeks where one gets a ton of rich and bountiful (only one's I run) metal missions at all levels and the other gets none. Then it switches around.

My rule of thumb is that if you want a specific purple mat, you are not going to get it. I just cycle through my characters and run the rich and bountiful missions that come up at the time and store the hits. By gathering in advance, I always have a cargo hold full of all levels of purples in all areas when I need them. I also build a second gathering skill on all of my characters so say if my UT guy comes up empty in that area, there are Arch or Scav missions to run. I use those mats by the ton to craft MK kits. I also run a load of slicing missions and that has given me a cargo hold full of UT (and other) missons at all levels to run when I have a specific target.

You may question the devs intentions, but I think the system is running as intended.