Obsidian working on a Star Wars RPG set between Episode 3 and 4.

GhostDrone

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://pc.gamespy.com/articles/122/1227372p1.html

Well, it isn't KOTOR 3 but...

It's still a new Star Wars game.

Better yet; it's a Star Wars RPG.

And of course, the developers of KOTOR 2 are working on it.

OLAY! should be great. I think 2013 will become known as the Great Second Re-Wakening of star wars! hahaha, so much stuff is going on O_O

OLAY! should be great. I think 2013 will become known as the Great Second Re-Wakening of star wars! hahaha, so much stuff is going on O_O

Yeah, the coming years will be very Star Wars heavy, as well.

I imagine this new RPG will be a few years (Maybe 2-3 years. Since it didn't even start development yet.) until it comes out. Then you've also got all the Star Wars movies being announced and worked on.

It's a great feeling, Star Wars making a comeback. Will stop people from forgetting about it in the more distant future, too (Though that is pretty unlikely either way.)

Edited by GhostDrone

Like it was mentioned above, they are not making anything (yet). It's just a pitch to Disney/Lucasarts.

I would like to see this happen but I wouldn't get my hopes up since Disney has already stated they have no interest in any other than social & mobile games now but you never know. Maybe Mr. Urquhart can convince them.

Edited by Oudomou

Awesome! I really hope this gets off the ground. If KOTOR II is anything to go by, this will be a great game. Then again, I'm also a little disappointed because this means its unlikely we'll be seeing a KOTOR 3 :(

Seems to me that Star Wars is beginning to focus on that pretty unexplored period between Revenge of the Sith and A New Hope. We've got Star Wars 1313 and the possible Star Wars: Underworld live action series coming up... I wonder what sort of game we'll be seeing here. Are we going to be wielding lightsabers? Blasters? And what will the graphics look like? Something like SWTOR or something more real?

I'm thinking concerning story that you might play one of the few remaining Jedi who survived Order 66 and are fleeing from the Empire (opportunity for light/dark paths here.) But then again, a Jedi's path to rediscovery has kinda been done and done again in KOTOR I and II - so maybe Obsidian will do something different.

Nonetheless, I'm sure it will be great and I look forward to adding another videogame to my Star Wars collection! :D

To be honest, even though the Old Republic period is great, rich with characters and lore and all; i honestly miss the good ol' time period everyone instantly recognizes and loves.

Between this mystery game and Star Wars 1313, it'll be a breath of fresh air to come back to the original setting.

Who knows, maybe they even provide closure to what happened to Mace Windu. As unrealistic and silly as it may be, i hope he survived that fall and somehow makes it or is at least mentioned in this new RPG.

To be honest, even though the Old Republic period is great, rich with characters and lore and all; i honestly miss the good ol' time period everyone instantly recognizes and loves.

Between this mystery game and Star Wars 1313, it'll be a breath of fresh air to come back to the original setting.

Who knows, maybe they even provide closure to what happened to Mace Windu. As unrealistic and silly as it may be, i hope he survived that fall and somehow makes it or is at least mentioned in this new RPG.

Agreed, apart from that last part. I just don't think Windu has anything more to give.

Agreed, apart from that last part. I just don't think Windu has anything more to give.

Well, i guess i can still hope one day the prequels get a remake and someone does Mace justice (Including a lot of other characters).

Deep down inside i hope for Wesley Snipes to play him in some way, shape or form. He's got a huge amount of experience with martial arts, sword fighting (You definitely know what i'm talking about if you've seen all the Blade movies. Especially the final fight of Blade 1).

He'd fit the role like a glove, in my opinion. (Except maybe keep some hair on him for effect).

I've strayed off topic long enough now though, lol.

I feel the exact opposite. The Original and Prequel Trilogy eras have been explored more than enough. It seems like half the EU is devoted to, "Oh, and by the way, this ALSO happened," stuff surrounding the movies. I like Boba Fett, Mace Windu, and all the rest as much as the next guy, but when they're in everything, they're oversaturated.

There are thousands of years of untouched history - and future - to explore. I've had quite enough of Vader and his gang, cool as they are. It's time for fresh stories.

It was also one of their first games made back in the day. Ever since then they've gathered alot more experience and, for a first attempt that was rushed out, KOTOR 2 turned out pretty well.

Agreed, they had the release date bumped up by several months by Lucasarts, they had to cut out a lot of stuff (and cut out an entire planet), in order to finish the game. Their story was also better than what was seen in KotOR I.

This sounds awesome, but I'm going to remain pessimistic about this one until it is confirmed in development. Disney said they want to focus on mobile and casual games. I swear I'm really getting sick of this focus on casuals and soccer mom games. I miss the days when games were made for gamers.

Disney will sign off on it, kotor 1 and 2 were one of the best selling games on the xbox, their is too much profit to be made not to turn down the game . it's all about money to be made in the game of business and another odsidian star wars rpg is one that will bring in a ton of money . its just a matter of when they sign off on the deal, which will most likely this year .

Spoiler from EP3, he died

This sounds awesome, but I'm going to remain pessimistic about this one until it is confirmed in development. Disney said they want to focus on mobile and casual games. I swear I'm really getting sick of this focus on casuals and soccer mom games. I miss the days when games were made for gamers.

The industry has learned in the past year that social gaming was a mistake. Zynga was the king of that and it's stock is in the toilet as it's just not a money maker. Real major games with mass appeal is the wave of the future.