Defeating the Emperor

demonicwarlord

I'm up to fighting the emperor in the story quest but I can't defeat him the droid companion is useless and I'm a guardian so I can't really dps quickly enough before I die. I have read a strategy is to pull him out to the ramp where the tree is but I tried that and he just lost aggro and reset..

Does anyone have a strategy for this boss that they have used?

When he starts to focus and glow red, interrupt him. That's really the only thing that you should have a problem with. Also, gearing T2 can really help. Remember to stop that super push.

Wow thanks interrupting those skills worked I did it first try pretty easy thanks

Honestly, my problem with him wasn't interrupts*, but the mass of clones, and thinking I untargetted him. Also, any kind of lag spike will kill you in that battle.

(* though I'd say that they're not adequetely explained in the game, since at least one guildie hadn't realized the importance of them even though he'd reached Tatooine)

• 2 weeks later...

The trouble is, for many of us, the T7 chest is bugged (myself included), fortunately I had him fairly well geared because I stated alternating companions during the 40's.

The clones are fairly useless, they don't cause a lot of damage, just a lot of headache, and they only take 1 slash to remove. Personally I didn't bother with the clones and just focused on the Emperor.

Interrupting his Jazz Hands is the key to winning the fight (as well as putting up your wards when you can). But it's been said many times (myself being one of them), that there is a bit of a bug (not a bit, really a major issue), where he can fire his "I've got you now!" move without casting it, and even while casting a completely different skill.

The fight is SO fast paced, and the clones are SO distracting, it took me several tries before I discovered I wasn't doing anything wrong (I was swearing I was missing the interrupt). When I finally beat him it's because he played fair.

I beat him after my third try as a lvl 48 Guardian Tank. First time I was too busy running around killing all the clones and realized my error. second time I got bugged and one shotted. Third time was the trick. Turned all of T7's threat abilities off, Kept the clones on me with AOE. Everytime I started to lose track where the True Emperoro was I would either back out of the melee and leap back in or push him out to re id him. Had a STR stim on for extra DPS and couple medpacks. interrupted EVERYTHING i could, rotation of Hilt Strike, Stasis, Kick and Push to keep his abilities on lock down. wasn't too hard once I figured it out. It can be disorientating though.

Here's how I did it:

Basically, I was vigilance DPS (5/33/3). My guardian is an alt so he was in full purple 49s.

I 'Respecced' T7 to DPS. You do this by giving him a generator instead of a shield, swapping all of his gear to straight aim/endurance and accuracy/power/crit/surge, put him in Targeting Process and turn off Stimulus Applicator (I think that's his taunt), Flare Gun, EMP.

Now, in the beginning you target the Emperor and keep him targeted at all costs. Stand near t7 and just do your dps rotation. I didn't even really have to interrupt anything, or LOS around the pillars, or anything like that. He just died. It wasn't a buggy one-shot or anything either, nothing weird happened with his life bar or anything. I just burned him down. I did have to pop Heroic Moment to keep T7 alive, but at the end T7 was still at half health and I was virtually unscathed (Thanks to cooldowns and one blue 48 medpack.).

I actually kinda think I overprepared for this fight, it was trivial.

Edited by Onager

• 2 weeks later...
It really isn't that hard to do. The Emperor has one ability to watch out for, the super force push (can't remember name) which is a insta-kill (not a glitch). You just need to use the kick, force push, and stasis to stop him when he uses those. No matter how mad T7 is (he had nothing for me) you can still use your heroic moment at the beginning of the fight. With a stim and health pack you make it with a good amount of health to spare. Most of my gear at the time was orange and had a above average loadout overall. Edited by Cromagnum

I haven't faced the emperor yet but I think I'm getting very close (just finished Corellia). I don't want to read too much in this thread to avoid spoilers, but I just want the answer to one thing. Is T7 the only companion I'll be using in that fight?

I haven't faced the emperor yet but I think I'm getting very close (just finished Corellia). I don't want to read too much in this thread to avoid spoilers, but I just want the answer to one thing. Is T7 the only companion I'll be using in that fight?

Yes, unfortunately. However, I ended up doing this fight today for the first time with a severely under geared T7. He's not really essential but at the same time, he doesn't contribute anything (except maybe as a punching bag) either.

For JK's last fight with the emperor, you can only bring T7. There's a lot of talk about their T7 under geared, but do note that you can buy all the 7 pieces of droid orange moddable items with credits or commendation, from a few planet's npc. Thereafter, just throw lvl49 green (rating 106) mods or better still blue (rating 116) mods. Buy the mods from GTN or Corellia mod npc (green) or corellia commendation (blue).

Is the trouble you are having that you can't damage him fast enough so he eventually kills you? Or are you being one hit k0ed?

I found this to be the easiest boss in the game after finding out about his 1 hit k0.

Here is what I copy & paste to every post asking for help on the Emp

He is definitely the easiest... if you can't beat the Emperor is because you havn't found out he has a 1 hit k0 attack or it is a simply a L2P issue.

I will explain why it is easy too.

Emperor only has 30k hp. None of his moves hurt you apart from his 1 hit k0 move which he will charge up like Goku does in Dragon Ball Z (Kamekamehawe? You know the one lol) So just attack him looking out for that move.

At 75%, 50% and 25% health he spawns about 4 clones... THESE DIE IN ONE HIT!! Just one hit of the attack that costs no focus will kill them!! The only problem here is that you might get distracted and not see the Emperor do the Kamekamehawe so be sure to watch any of them that do this.

Now you have all the knowledge you need... this is what a guide for killing the Emperor would look like:

Attack the 30k hp Emperor till he is dead... if he charges up kamekamehawe intterupt it. When he spawns clones, start back peddling. The spawns will chase you. Hit them once with your no focus cost attack and they will die in one hit. Make sure Emperor is not charging his attack when you do this. Once clones are dead... back to killing the Emperor.

Now try telling me that sounds like the most difficult boss in the game?

I was a Sentinel doing this. T7 died instantly so it really was a solo attempt. If you can't do it still after reading this, then I would suggest either gearing yourself up as much as possible or... bring a friend/random :)