Buy Diplomacy Items Other Places than GTN?

biggyhosp

I'm new to the crafting/crew skills area. I initially picked slicing because it seemed very straight forward and easy for me. I've recently added in BioChem and BioAnalysis into the mix. I've had some success... but it seems I'm always missing 'Medical' items from the Diplomacy skill. I'm not sure if I'm just waiting too long - but no matter what - I can never seem to find any diplomacy crafting materials on the GTN. I've had very limited success finding things on the Hutt Network too.

Am I really going to have to scrap slicing (400) to pick up Diplomacy? I guess I was expecting to be able to buy what I needed to on the limited occasions I needed to... Can you buy these things any other place? My only other thought is to level an alt just to run these missions... but that seems like a waste of my time. Thanks for the help!

Just get diplomacy imo. The purple items gathered from diplomacy are going for 5,000+ per piece and it often takes 2-4 of these pieces to craft the item. Bioelectric toxin is regularly posted for 8,000 credits per one piece of it.

So, for example, many purple quality implants you craft, say in the mid 30's range, would sell for 15,000 credits on the GTN. Well it takes 4 of those Bioelectric toxins to craft the item(plus the other 4 materials). To buy those 4 would cost you 32,000 credits just for the rare pieces. The crafted item only sells for 15,000.....

See where I'm going here?

Don't get me wrong, you can find some of thsoe rares posted cheaply sometimes, but most times, rare items are 5,000+ credits per piece of material. Diplomacy materials are expensive as hell right now, and in low supply. Not reliable to buy them.

Yeah - I was worried I was going to have to re-train into Diplomacy. At this point, I'm not even sure it's worth it. I don't especially enjoy crafting - I'm just looking to make money.

If you want to make money, drop crafting, take mission skills, and sell the rare resources.

currently the GTN and HTN system is so "hard" to use

- Can't search well

- 2 day MAX listing. So if someone put a bunch of item on Monday and you play only on weekends, well, you are out of luck.

- GTN and HTN are not linked. You can only access GTN on fleet and HTN on Nar Shaadar.