Bug - (Daily) The Trail Of Light (Rep)

Avorniel

When I am using the seeker it keeps tellimg me the location is inside the cliff next to the waterfall on the right side faceing the waterfall.

Have logged out of game,swapped instances,reset quest and even managed to get on top of the cliff but it still will not update.Was a few of us republic players who could not get the update.

Red Eclipse Server

have done a ticket 16028778

thnks

Edited by Avorniel

When I am using the seeker it keeps tellimg me the location is inside the cliff next to the waterfall on the right side faceing the waterfall.

Have logged out of game,swapped instances,reset quest and even managed to get on top of the cliff but it still will not update.Was a few of us republic players who could not get the update.

Red Eclipse Server

have done a ticket 16028778

thnks

Is this the part of the quest where you have to dig up the treasure?

If so - I posted about this a while back.

Ignore what the probe is telling you and dig exclusively on the "freshly dug earth" piles. There are about 6 or 7 of them arranged in a circle - dig at one, and then move around in a circle and one of them will give you the treasure (guaranteed).

The probe pointing towards the wall is indeed a bug - but ignore that and only dig on those piles of earth.

have gone over the whole area several times and no treasure.Also it wasn't just me who had the same issue ,not sure if they did a bug report or not...

was hoping for a server restart to see if that fixes it but we didn't have one.I'll give it one more week if it still doesn't work I'll just delete the daily and not do it anymore,it's not a major loss :)

Edited by Avorniel

I've just run this mission today - and it's still working the same way it always has done, well for me anyway.

I cannot find the other thread which I posted in, but at the time of posting I'd run the mission no less than 20 times on various characters and had the same result each time - that being you don't use the probe once you're looking for the treasure you simply circle around the freshly dug areas and one of them will give you the treasure.

The only issue I ever had was when two of us were there, the other guy got the treasure and that resets it's location, so I had to start the piles from the beginning again.

Might be server specific I guess - I've done it today on Red Eclipse without any issue.

I've had a similar problem happening with gathering nodes. For example, each node can spawn in one of five specific locations.

Nearly all locations are working fine, but some locations (I know of one on Nar Shaddaa that is definitely bugged) are inside a wall. The icon shows up correctly on the minimap and you can see parts of the node, but it is not clickable.

If the servers stay up long enough and the instance does not get closed, eventually, after being gathered enough times, the node will spawn in the bugged location. Since no one can gather it there, it will be stuck in the wall forever until the next server reset.

I have a suspicion that something similar is the case for some of the GSI missions where you search for a long time but still can't find it; it may very well be that one of the spawnpoints is bugged.

As far as I know, from time to time the location gets refreshed automatically if no one finds it for a while, at least for GSI missions, but things like gathering nodes will stay in place even if no one gathers them.

Edited by Jerba