PvP is totally completely utterly broken

Dawginole

And I'm not even talking about bolster.

You have increased damage 60% (as you stated) and it is so drastic that a single stun from one single opponent that has a stun that allows them to keep attacking you without breaking stun can burn down an opponent with over 27k health before stun wears.

You have allowed for multiple instant cast self cures on healing classes that allow them to almost be invincible. That not just my experience, that's from watching all the videos that healers post here bragging.

You have made it extremely difficult for melee classes to compete being that they need to actually be next to their opponent to attack. Not sure if the lab coats on the battle team remembered this as they were too busy buffing their Snipers and Sorcs for 2.0. It doesn't matter if a scoundral or sent has two cc breaks if every three seconds you are being knocked back to root, rooted, slowed, or stunned. If your a primary ranged class in pvp, you probably don't notice this much as I don't really find this to be a problem on my vanguard.

In the end, almost everything I am still reading a year and half into this games pvp life right now besides bolster is STILL comes down to stun locks and resolve. You have known about this problem for a year and a half now. To boot, you were warned over and over on the PTS forum that the damage buff was making it way way worse because players could be burned down by a single opponent from a single stun lock.

I came into this game a pvp'er. I have spent the majority of my time since launch in pvp. But it has become very clear over the last several months, both content wise in the lack of new arenas and an over year long "pre-season" of ranked, and from the actual game play mechanics, to bolster, to propping up PvE'ers that want to drop into a wz at their leisure and believe they should be as good as someone who's spent months gearing, to stealing everyone's WH/EWH gear that they use in the field, that you guys don't give two dumps about building a well balanced and enjoyable pvp system. It's just a waste of time.

If you want to fix this garbage system you have in place:

1) Drop bolster from 55. Period.

2) Fix the resolve and the stun locks

3) Work on class balance

4) Provide some actual wz and open world content.

That's it. It's not complicated.

p.s. Oh, and purchase some damn bandwidth...

Edited by Dawginole

The problem with pvp right now is there are two extremes with TTK. There is no middle ground, no *********** balance what so ever. Either you get burned down within seconds or no one dies through the entire game because healing/guard is such a powerful combo. So matches either turn into one big offensive zerg or one big defensive turtling match. Both extreme's are boring.

pvp is fine, just matchmaking system sucks ... maybe also premades vs pug = problem ... but classes are pretty balanced now

Yeah, that's why there are 5-6 Inquisitors in every wz now, because classes are balanced...

pvp is fine, just matchmaking system sucks ... maybe also premades vs pug = problem ... but classes are pretty balanced now

PvP is fine (minus the bolster fiasco), but premades are breaking PUG's. How cute is this, lol.

PvP definitely isn't balanced, I'm a casual and I know this. However, with the amount of time and money BW spent on making this game the "ultimate mmo" with the largest files being the audio files lol, what did people expect? This is my first mmo and I didn't even start pvping until 4 or 5 months after I really got into this game. Too many snipers and sorcs, healing is way too flipping powerful, trooper dps was gutted and now what used to take a modicum of skill to achieve (breaking a million damage or healing) now seems like everyone else can do it.

I don't do much 55 pvp but it's great to me to be able to jump in and compete but it is unfair to the people who spent countless months min/maxing and all that jazz to just be able to be defeated by some ******e in tionese gear. I say put it back to what it was, recruit gear, maybe up the comm count a few comms, give a new set of gear and keep the gear in now and **** should be fine.

If you want to fix this garbage system you have in place:

1) Drop bolster from 55. Period.

2) Fix the resolve and the stun locks

3) Work on class balance

4) Provide some actual wz and open world content.

I'd be happy with just 1 at this point, even if I'm stunlocked and lolsmashed to death for the next year in the same 5 warzones.

Easiest/cheapest fix for them too, click bolster off for that bracket, problem solved.

I agree with all your points though, but I honestly don't see 2-4 happening any time soon/ever....1 may have a chance, but even right now, it's more like 50/50. Only way I see bolster being removed is if the next quarterly earnings report shows a huge drop in subs, then they may remove it to entice players to come back.

I agree 100%. PVErs feeling mighty in PVP, though they have no skill. I fight, i kill, i try to win for PVP gear. I should be rewarded and not get 3 GCDed(9k heyy) by a Opearation runner, who has rank 0.

Period.