Future 3D Space Combat

Rohanshot

• Replies 716
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why would they? All they have to do is mention something like "it's still in development and it's AMAZING, in fact, I just played it this afternoon" and every dreamer goes wild thinking about how awesome it's going to be!!!

And unsub until they get some real news. :V

Why would they? All they have to do is mention something like "it's still in development and it's AMAZING, in fact, I just played it this afternoon" and every dreamer goes wild thinking about how awesome it's going to be!!! It's a carrot on a string...nothing more. It's funny seeing how many people actually believe it's coming.

any time soon...hell, they advertised a cat headed human for over a year...a new space game would dwarf that for impact.

Actually a german CM did that a few months ago. (Maybe 5 or 6)

After someone said that it will take 2 years anyways to come out if not forever he replied that what he saw does not look like it would take another 2 years.

Sounded very exciting but since then nothing new happend.

And so passed more than a year of waiting for these "incredibly exciting features" to come to life :D

Truth is, as someone already said, if it took a year to make some cat face humans this sounds like a business for the next 3-4 years at the least :rolleyes:

I don't care about other space combat games.

I want something like,

1) the trench run from A New Hope

2) the battle on Hoth from Empire Strikes Back

3) the speeder bike chase from Return of the Jedi

4) the pod race from Phantom Menace

5) jango vs canobi over Geonosis from Attack of The Clones

6) battle over Coruscant in Revenge of the Sith

There's more bug you get the point (running the Death Star core in the falcon for example)

The point is, these are all in the spirit of starwars. Iconic, memorable, high points in the movies. Their pace and movement are just awesome.

I want it like that and I want it to be Star Wars.

Some people might say that we'll never get the SSP because Bioware has a track record of really slow development and empty promises.

But MAYBE their development has seemed slow BECAUSE they were devoting so much of their staff to the SSP!

</tinfoilhat>

:D

they are alot better at not letting any info out this time. Maybe, just maybe it is because they are doing it the right way. they do have MOUNTAINS of player feedback on the subject, it's not like they don't know that the community is craving this stuff.

• 1 month later...

I miss having a z-95 :/

I miss flying around some other star wars games...

:hope_01:

I'm a subby and I love SWTOR I'm going to stick with this game regardless, but I would go bat-**** crazy for Space combat and ship customisation!

:csw_snowspeeder:

Imagine if the new dye mods and colour crystals were applicable to the ships? wouldn't that be awesome?

:csw_vadertie:

Definately should have the Shipwright profession added, making ship parts and special - craft only vessels that are unable through other means, it would be awesome.

:csw_destroyer:

I know that Galaxies is dead and TOR is awesome, but the thought of maybe somday getting a z-95 look-a like craft and flying around the star systems makes me giddy!

Come on Bioware! I want to come out of lightspeed in my starship and yell :mon_trap: and open fire with my blasters! I don't want to ride a rollercoaster in space where none of my skill as a pilot is used...

Edited by BlackHeartMav

I don't care about other space combat games.

I want something like,

1) the trench run from A New Hope

2) the battle on Hoth from Empire Strikes Back

3) the speeder bike chase from Return of the Jedi

4) the pod race from Phantom Menace

5) jango vs canobi over Geonosis from Attack of The Clones

6) battle over Coruscant in Revenge of the Sith

There's more bug you get the point (running the Death Star core in the falcon for example)

The point is, these are all in the spirit of starwars. Iconic, memorable, high points in the movies. Their pace and movement are just awesome.

I want it like that and I want it to be Star Wars.

This was the Star Wars Arcade game that came out in the early 2000s, or at least that's when I first started seeing it. Lot of fun, and usually only takes about $3-4 to completely clear if you're halfway decent at it. Look for it at your local movie theaters or Chuck-E-Cheeses.

SWTOR may never have 3D space now that everything seems to be focused on the Cartel Market. Remember, the Devs said something about this before the Cartel Market was here and has said nothing about it since then. I wouldn't hold your breath. Hope for the best, expect the worst.

SWTOR may never have 3D space now that everything seems to be focused on the Cartel Market. Remember, the Devs said something about this before the Cartel Market was here and has said nothing about it since then. I wouldn't hold your breath. Hope for the best, expect the worst.

Do you think the SSSP is or is_not 3d free flight space combat?

Because it is very much alive and progressing, based on the info Dulfy extracted from the Germany Cantina Event.

AND... not to short sheet your bed, or pull your socks up over your eyeballs... but in that same Dulfy extract.. they made it clear in QandA that only a small percentage of their development team is working on CM content. :D

Edited by Andryah

Keep this thread bumped till we get a response from the yellow people!

You know why they use yellow? Because they are chicken. :rolleyes: ROFL They are pretty much scared of the community and fear giving us any information do to the reaction they might receive from it.

That is my theory on why they use yellow. :p

On the subject of 3D Space Combat. I think that ship has sailed without us. It was just a thought in minds of a few Devs and SWTOR Devs never really started it. They are just hoping that we someday forget about the fact that someone ever mentioned the SSSP that was only just an idea and never a plan or project.

If it was a true project then they would have mentioned more on it and maybe even shown some real images of it by now. Instead they only mentioned it like enough times to actually count it on one hand and look how long it has been since it was first mentioned.

I pretty much gave up on the SSSP. Not even sure if it would be enough to make me resub. :(

I will say that if they do ever make it, it will be because we never forgot about it and nagged them to much to make them give in and make something. But it will more than likely not be what we wanted. At the rate and direction they are going it would more than likely be completely dependent on the Cartel Market to do anything or experience it at all.

I think the best bet for us to experience some Star Wars Space is to just wait for the new BattleFront game by DICE and hope they add in some Space Battles. :cool:

I don't think its a good idea.

1.) It takes lots of resources which could be used in better ways

2.) 3D space combat is a complete different game. I don't see the benefit for TOR

3.) Only a small number of players will be interested in such a feature. 3D space combat is much too difficult for most of the players.

Nice troll... I'll bite, though.

1) No. That's not how it works.

2) Is it? That would depend on how it's implemented. Besides space combat is a huge part of Star Wars and, therefore, a gaping hole in this game. It could also open up more story. That's a good thing, IMHO.

3) Right, that's why it won the poll. :rolleyes: The second part of what you wrote doesn't even make sense.

Space combat is important to Star Wars and it would add another gameplay option. That's good. There is no negative to it. If it's not your cup of tea, do as little as possible with it. Just like any current aspect of the game that you may not like (PvP, Ops, Dailies, etc.).

2) Is it? That would depend on how it's implemented. Besides space combat is a huge part of Star Wars and, therefore, a gaping hole in this game. It could also open up more story. That's a good thing, IMHO.

3) Right, that's why it won the poll. :rolleyes: The second part of what you wrote doesn't even make sense.

Space combat is important to Star Wars and it would add another gameplay option. That's good. There is no negative to it. If it's not your cup of tea, do as little as possible with it. Just like any current aspect of the game that you may not like (PvP, Ops, Dailies, etc.).

So true.

On your last paragraph: that is a very good point. GamePlay options is what MMORPG's are about. People being able to play the game in multiple ways to fit their desired option of fun. For example. How many players out their do things like mostly Craft? How many just like to PVP, or vise verse PVE? How many players like to RP? How many like to just explore the game world? Or how many just joined this game because it was Star Wars? It is all in what people want to get out of the game and as it is right now so many people wanted to experience Space as part of this game. It is Star Wars after all and the main setting for it is Space. It is the one major thing that this game was Lacking out of the gate, even with its attempt at a Rail Shooter Mini-Game. BioWare thought that their idea would be one that most people liked and it turned out to not be hence its lack in popularity. Sure their are many that like it but not as many as the amount of people that want the 3D Free Roaming Space. It would bring so much to the game and would only help it. It definitely would give this game more options in how to enjoy it. ;)

This game already has "space combat" as another option...and there's no "negative"...unless of course it costs money to produce...we, the players, benefit whether we use it or not, but EA doesn't unless it increases sales/subs.

This game already has "space combat" as another option...and there's no "negative"...unless of course it costs money to produce...we, the players, benefit whether we use it or not, but EA doesn't unless it increases sales/subs.

There's some truth to that. But, they've already decided to do something, so they must think that it will add value. Personally, I agree. I think, at the least, it will keep a lot of people subbed longer. At the best, it will bring in more subs if it offers compelling gameplay that some people think this game is missing.

One thing is sure; they will not lose money doing this. It is just a question of how much more they make from it.

Wow. You bit on a "troll post" that was over year old... That must taste horrible! :D

One thing is sure; they will not lose money doing this. It is just a question of how much more they make from it.

You have no idea what it costs to produce, nor any idea how much they'll recoup from the investment. Investors are a finicky bunch...

As far as them having "something"....uh huh...I'll believe it when I see it...but you're right...they do have "something"...they have people fooled imo. I hope I'm wrong...but I just keep thinking back to how they promoted Cathar for a FULL YEAR before releasing them...that was a freaking cat head...you think they wouldn't be promoting space a bit more?!