Force of Wills: The Ties that Bind

Earthmama

Just because, here is a snippet from my outline. Take a peak inside my brain.

Avacynne and crew take Jorgan hostage to draw out Mitka.

Blizz has the last data cube, hidden in his pile of junk…total accident. Ava and Jorgan talk. doubts doubts doubts.

Skadge dies

Pierce joins Ardyth on her quest to hunt down and kill Scourge…poor Pierce.

Lord Ardyth Eldrazzi, Darth Kozilek, the Emperor’s Wrath (stop forgetting her names!)

Ainsley, Shiloh, Akaavi, Corso and Lokin reunite with Scorpio on super secret Star chambers Space station, figure **** out. Shiloh goes more crazy, sees both Vector and Quinn, talks to them. Track cubes, go after cubes.

Teah and Marek scene!! Write it, make it work! discover missing Shiloh and dead Quinn. Lose Oriah trail, Marek gets pissy. Teah speaks to Kaervrek about missing Shiloh, Kaervrek is going crazy senile or something.

Cohen & Oriah & Aaron??? Fluffy fluff, Love triangle? Oriah falling for??

Havoc and BH crew meet and greet.

Akaavi and Corso and Ainsley say hi! Get cube from Blizz. Proposition, Cabal will pay to off Ardyth, Republic won’t. Crew decides to hear them out, look at pay.

Mitka Jorgan reunited, Havoc has doubts about Star Cabal, Mitka decides she will hear her mother out.

Scourge still unstable, cute fluff regarding tea and perfume and other Scourge senses stuff. Kianna Scourge kiss?? Maybe later…..tease Kabeone.

Lokin starts up the Hunter initiative again, in secret. Dun dun duuuuun.

Shiloh, tracks Kianna to Voss. Reunites with Phi-ton.

Dirty angry Pierce and Ardyth “sex scene”, Pierce feels yucky, does it anyways, kinda hates himself, but loves her, omg conflicted emotions. Off to go ambush Scourge.

Scourge ambushed by Ardyth. Epic fight…..STUPID EPIC FIGHT!! Write it, make it work….

Shiloh saves the day by stopping Pierce from taking a pot shot at Scourge, keeping epic fight fair. Shiloh kills/maims/ angry death strikes Pierce (he killed Vector remember, I know you love him…shut up) Pierce dies :(

Kianna and Scourge Kiss? Maybe.

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Coruscant

Mitka and the rest of her squad stood at attention while the grand chancellor lamented her not bringing in General Rackton alive, wishing she could ransom him off back to the Empire. Mitka was biting her tongue so hard she tasted blood. She desperately wanted to know when this idiot had been put in power, and why she didn’t remember voting. Mitka marched Havoc out of the opulent room having accepted the hollow medals of honor, she could feel her blood boiling, she really hated politicians.

General Garza dismissed them, Mitka waited until her squad was gone, Aric hung back waiting just outside the door.

“Yes Major? Anything else?” Her tough CO asked her.

“Actually General, I have a lead on a major imperial target.” Mitka cut straight to the chase, it was how Garza operated.

The general closed the door, her lips set in a grim line. “Who’s the target?” She asked in her clipped and stern voice.

“Darth Kozilek, the Emperor’s Wrath.” Mitka brought up the holo image of her biological mother. “I have her estates location.”

“That location is on Drummond Kaas, Major. How did you expect to take out this target?” Mitka knew that tone, she was being shut down. Garza either didn’t know about Var Suthra’s potential strike, or, more likely, she was choosing to keep Havoc in the dark. Then there’s the possibility that the bounty hunter was wrong. Someone was lying to her, though after her eighteen months in Havoc squad, she was more inclined to distrust the senate and command then a mercenary, even if that mercenary did kidnap her fiancé.

Mitka was going nowhere with her commanding officer. “Sir, just doing my part, if ever we do decide to invade Drummund Kaas…” Idiot.

“I’ll pass the intel on to the proper Jedi authorities, was there anything else Major?” Garza’s voice had taken on a decidedly condescending tone.

“No sir.” Mitka replied through grit teeth and burning ears. Idiot, idiot, idiot. Mitka saluted smartly and left the room.

Aric fell in step beside her, keeping silent until they cleared the senate tower. He knew just by looking at her that Garza wasn’t playing ball.

“I take it we’re on our own for this project?” He’s met with a short nod, and frowning lips.

“Yeah.” She sighed, which meant that her squad wouldn’t be getting their marching orders from Garza, which would raise certain alarms for at least two in her squad. “Dorne and Yuun are out. Vik is in, and I think 4X would jump at the chance at tearing up as much of Drummund Kaas as he can.” Jaxo would be in she thought to herself sadly.

“Balkar” Aric said. He saw the surprise in Mitka’s eyes that he even suggested the SIS agent. “He’s a cocky sob, but he’s had our backs right from the start, and he’s no fan of Garza. Just think about it, I think he could help us.” Mitka nodded slowly, Aric was right. She just wasn’t sure if he was a fan of hers anymore. Balkar and Jaxo had been close, intimatly close, Mitka had given the order that had killed her. She wasn’t sure if Jonas had forgiven her yet, or if he even could.

“First things first, let’s get to that meeting, there’s not even a guarantee there will be a strike or that our target will even be on the planet. There are a lot of unknowns here, I’ll feel a lot better after talking to mom and seeing who this employer of hers is. I’v never known her to work for anyone but herself.” Mitka says exasperated, she hated the unknown.

They passed by a flower vendor on the way to the taxi hub, Aric stopped to buy her a sunflower, the bright yellow petals matching her eyes. They walked hand in hand in their dress uniforms, Mitka holding the large yellow flower.

“There’s a little chapel around the corner, with a nice old Jedi. Let’s get married.” He grabs her hand and pulls her close.

“My father would kill us!” Mitka replies, but she considers the idea.

“Didn’t you tell me your parents eloped? You’re mom marrying them on the bridge of her ship? Why shouldn’t we? I mean unless you want the big wedding and the white dress.” He laughs when Mitka makes a face.

In the end they decided to wait, Mitka arguing that her mother could marry them, and it would make her dad happy. They rent a small but comfortable Corellian corvette and load what few belongings they have into their temporary new home. Mitka puts her sunflower in a tall glass full of water, deciding it makes the ship homey. They striped out of their uniforms, out of their ranks and protocol, Mitka put away her doubts and misgivings about what’s to come and simply enjoyed being able to be alone, utterly alone with the man she loves. She remembered the last time it had just been the two of them, it seemed so long ago, and she had been so intimidated by the hardened and angry soldier by her side. The soldier she was supposed to command, her only squad mate. She was sitting on his lap now as he taxied out of the Corucanti atmosphere, the hardened and angry soldier smiled and laughed quite a bit she had learned. When they broke orbit, and he had plotted the Hyperspace jump he picked her up and brought her to the tiny Captains quarters, the bed the only piece of furniture, it was all they needed.

Star Chamber Space Station

Ainsley watched through the wall sized window as her tough old ship, the Weather Light taxied into the hangar bay. She was on pins and needles, anxious to see her sons. She hadn't seen Cohen since the night before he stole her ship, and the last time she saw Aaron was before his last deployment. Her heart was aching to see her boys. She was biting her nails when Corso came in, gently taking her hand in his and squeezing it. Mitka had confirmed she was in the system but still a good six hours out, Ainsley would have her entire family in one place for the first time in three years. She wished it was for a different reason, she knew she had a lot of explaining to do to both her husband and her kids, especially Cohen, who was more like her then he realized.

She vaulted herself down the steps into the hangar two steps at a time waiting for the gangplank to lower, Aaron was the first to come out. Serious face, only more than serious, troubled and angry, she saw his face contort, as her sensitive boy fought back whatever emotions where plaguing him, relief swept over his features. She was wrapped up in his bear hug in a matter of seconds. When she pulled back she looked him over, running her hands over his arms and shoulders, taking inventory of him, making sure he was still in one piece. Once satisfied she pulled him back into her embrace, kissing him on each cheek.

The red head Oriah was next to exit, her bright blue eyes puffy and blood shot. She was so young, Ainsley thought to herself, couldn’t be more then 19. Without thinking she gave the girl a hug, she looked like she could use one, she looked so much like her father, Ainsley clenched her jaw and gave the girl a hard squeeze, she would tell her in good time. Oriah answered the affection by returning the hug, all be it weakly.

“You alright kid?” Ainsley asked, ever the mother, with a look of genuine concern. Oriah glanced quickly at Aaron, who had his back to her, quietly talking to Corso.

“Yes, thank you. Captain Isiz correct?” Oriah replied, seeming to remember herself as she straightened her back and blinked back whatever was troubling her.

“Call me Ainsley.” She gave the girls shoulder a squeeze, so much like her father.

Ainsley glanced up the gangplank, Cohen stood there, hands deep in his pockets, eyes downcast seemingly studying the pattern the old metal made. Ainsley felt her heart constrict, he was five years old again, caught red handed with his hand in the cookie jar. Something had happened on the ship between these three, it was obvious. Any residual anger she had at her younger wayward son dissipated when he finally managed to look his mother in the eyes. She walked up the gangplank to meet him.

“I’m sorry mom.” Was all he managed to whisper when she wrapped him up in a big hug. “I messed up bad…I’m sorry.”

Ainsley was surprised when she felt his shoulders start to shake, her Cohen who was always so quick with an excuse or a charming apology. She gripped him more tightly, absently smoothing out the cowlick on the back of his head like she had done when he was a boy.

“Oh sweetheart.” She didn't know what to say to him, she just held onto him tightly as he got a hold of himself. Her guilt flared, she should have told him, should have explained, but until he disappeared in the night with her ship, there had never been a reason to.

“Here.” He handed her the last two cubes, then wiped his eyes roughly with the back of his hands.

Mother and son finally descended the gangplank together, Ainsley noticed the glares her son was getting from both the petite red head and his brother. Corso’s arms were crossed in front of his chest with that same look he used to get when Cohen’s teachers would call the house when he skipped class. Disappointment.

“What did you do?” Ainsley murmured to her clearly uncomfortable son.

“I wasn't much of a brother.” He glanced at Oriah, “or friend…or son for that matter. Each family needs one right? A screw up?” He tried the weak joke, and was met with silence. “Tough crowd.”

“I ought to knock you on your hide son, Force knows you deserve it.” Corso finally spoke to his second son, his problem child. He loved him, but he was also the reason for most of his grey hair. “What in Galaxy’s name possessed you to steal your own mothers ship?”

Cohen was back to staring at the floor, feeling three feet tall. “Dad, I’m sorry.”

“Did you even care how worried your mother was? How worried I was? Did it even cross your mind to let us know you were alive?” Corso threw his hand up in the air, paced a few steps then hugged Cohen fiercely, unable to stay angry with his children for long. “You pull a stunt like that again and you will be missing teeth from that charming smile of yours.” He clapped him hard on the back.

“I’m going to go bring these to Scorpio, Corso, get the boys and Oriah settled in some rooms.” Ainsley gave Cohen’s arm a squeeze while he pleads with his eyes for her to stay, his only ally. Love him as she did, he needed this.

Ainsley and Corso waited in the spacious and comfortably furnished meeting room, Ainsley was pacing, anxious, Corso watched her, his own questions in his head. Mitka and Aric had arrived an hour earlier, it was getting late but Ainsley wanted to talk to her family before they went to sleep. Her daughter was the first to arrive, followed by Aaron, then Cohen, finally Lokin arrived and closed the door. Lokin sat himself down in one of the plush chairs, Mitka and Aaron on opposite ends of a couch, Cohen stood near the door, leaning on the wall, Corso leaned on the opposite wall, Ainsley stood surrounded by her family.

“I don’t know where to start, so I’ll just start at the beginning. My name is not Ainsley Isiz, Ainsley Isiz was a young smuggler I killed almost thirty years ago, I assumed her identity.” Ainsley took a deep breath.

“I am Hunter number 587. Hunters have existed for as long as the Star Cabal has existed. We are genetically engineered watchdogs and agents for the organization. My sisters and me, and every other Hunter that has ever been, is based off of a cloned copy of the first Hunter. Because clones tend to be weak and unhealthy, additional genetic material is added to the cloned ovum, producing stronger Hunters.” She looked at Lokin who smiled and nodded.

“I myself am not a clone, but the result of selective breeding, you could say I’m only a quarter clone. Hunters are built, not born, we’re grown in a petri dish, and then a kolto tank. All of our genetic material, or at least the best attributes, are integrated into the master copy, or the original clone. That way, should the main Hunter and her backups be killed in some way, a new clone is produced, and the breeding process starts all over again. The aim is to produce smarter, stronger, more agile, and finally , more complacent Hunters.” Ainsley could feel the horror and disbelief in the room, she forced herself to meet each of her children’s eyes. Although she couldn't bring herself to look at Corso.

“Doctor Lokin here is my biological father, he was a scientist working on the Hunter initiative for the Star Cabal in the old regime, as well as an embedded Imperial agent. Being a man of exceptional intelligence, and resilience as an Imperial Cipher agent, he donated his own genetics, and they were combined with a previous generations Hunters ovum, producing me and my sister. My sister was selected over me as the more desirable twin, to be trained as the next primary Hunter. I was found to be too independent minded, my mind not easily malleable or indoctrinated. I blame my father in this.” She gave Lokin a knowing grin.

“She was also resistant to the experimental control serums that had been added to the master copy, it was supposed to add extra incentive to the Hunter to be loyal, and so they could be controlled more easily, up until Ainsley it had been working as intended. I was asked to install her cybernetics instead, a poor replacement to the biological solution her system was rejecting. The serum was extracted from the master copy, as unreliable. I was to find a better way when our now current leader, Shiloh, brought down the old regime. She is also very much morally opposed to such control measures.” Lokin added both seriously and genially. He did not let on his opposition to Shiloh’s ideals, nor that he thought he had found the replacement he had been charged to find all those years ago.

Ainsley watched as the people she loved most digested the information she had just given them. That their mother, and wife was the results of a century spanning science experiment. She suddenly felt very scared and alone, afraid they would reject her. Corso finally came up to her, putting his arms around her, having already heard much of her story before, under Mitka's tree.

“You’ll always be Ainsley to me, you’re my wife, and I love you, and I don’t care how you came to be, I’m just glad you exist and that we met.” He kissed her softly.

The Riggs children considered their mothers words, asked questions about the Star Cabal, Ainsley’s childhood, and those who raised her. Ainsley did her best to answer, echoing Shiloh’s vision for the revived secret society. Mitka gave her mother a hearty hug and kissed her cheeks, Aaron was somber needing time to process and review the information, he embraced his mother, the beating heart of their family. He would have more questions later, but for now he just needed to feel her near him, and smell her familiar smell, she was still “mom” regardless of where she came from.

Eventually the lateness of the hour drove all but Cohen and Ainsley from the room, he had remained silent through it all, thoughtful frown on his handsome face. He finally sat down heavily on the couch beside his mother.

“That control serum the doctor was talking about, it was intended to become a genetic trait, right? Is it possible, even if it didn't work with you, that you could have passed it down?” He was looking straight ahead as he spoke, a mixture of anger and fear tinged his voice.

“It’s possible.” Ainsley answered, her smart boy, she knew he would figure it out, wishing her suspicions had been wrong.

“Don’t you think this is something you should have told us about?” He looked at her accusingly.

“Up until the day you left with my ship, there was never any reason, it never manifested itself. You and Aaron were always independent, always knew your own minds. How could I have guessed it had affected you, YOU, my strong willed boy. The only way you ever learned anything was by doing, and learning from your mistakes, it didn't matter how much advice or warning me or your dad gave you, you did it anyways.” She tried to take his hand, he flinched. “I thought you were safe from the worst of my genes. That all you got was that hair and my stubbornness and that brilliant mind of yours. If I had known…I would have told you Co.”

“All I wanted was to find a job, make a quick buck so I could buy myself a ship. When that Ratattaki, Kaliyo.” Cohen squeezed his eyes shut, seeing her pale corpse ripped apart on the floor. “It’s like, I couldn't stop, she mentioned the Star Cabal, and I had to see where the rabbit hole went, I couldn't stop. When I was stealing your ship, I was screaming at myself, but my fingers did it anyways. I wanted to stop when I heard about Risha. I wanted to come home, but I couldn't stop, mom I couldn't stop myself, even when I wanted to. I thought I was going crazy, to find out now that I was born with this compulsion. Every time I wanted out, it’s like I started living outside my own skin.” He ran his hands through his blonde hair, thick and honey coloured just like his mother.

“Now that you know, now that you’re here, how do you feel, are you still being pulled?” She asked quietly, wanting so badly to offer him comfort, knowing better and offering space instead.

“Good.” Cohen laughed a bitter laugh. “I mean, apart from the guilt and self hate for having treated everyone I care about like dirt to get here. I feel good, less anxious, like I belong and have purpose. It’s weird, I feel at home here, even more so then at the ranch, and it hasn't even been twenty four hours.”

“Cohen, I’m here for you, even if you don’t like me very much right now, I’m here to answer any questions, you can ask Doc Lokin to, he’s better with the science behind it. I love you sweetheart, I’m sorry I wasn't there to help you through it.” She stood up, so she could leave him alone with his thoughts.

“Mom?” Cohen called out when she reached the door. “If you knew all this about yourself, why did you have kids, it doesn't make sense.”

Ainsley looked back at her second son, the one she had so vehemently opposed having. Aaron had been unplanned, one of Corso’s swimmers got past the usual protection and Ainsley had been terrified the entire time. Scared of what her genetics would produce, not having a mother or sister or anyone to talk to, tell her what was normal, what wasn’t. When he was born, he was perfect, and looked like his dad, and Ainsley fell in love. Then Corso wanted another, and Ainsley didn’t want to explain why she didn’t, why she was so scared, because that would mean tearing down the lies she had built around her, it meant the possibility of losing not only Corso, but Aaron to. She got lucky once, she couldn’t get away with normal twice, could she? Then they moved to the ranch, and life was boring and normal and peaceful. Corso told her about growing up with his siblings, and wore down her resolve, and she was safe, her sister was dead, and she was still hidden. It was ok, her children would be ok, so she gave in, and agreed to one more, and her blue eyed boy full of mischief was born. She looks back now, not able to imagine a life without them.

“The heart doesn’t always make sense kiddo.”

Hrm. Does Ainsley realize that she's just pushed Mitka in between a rock and a hard place? Aaron too, for that matter?

The Star Cabal is a behind the scenes, very black and often outright criminal organization of unknown resources that seeks to control the Republic and Empire from the inside without the consent of said powers leadership or citizenry. Two of Ainsley's children are Military, and therefore flat out oath bound to not only report the location of that station, but the identities of everyone one it. If need be, they're required to take everyone there out.

If they're both willing to be upstanding Republic Officers, that is. Wouldn't be the first time family ties made otherwise good soldiers embrace treason.

Edited by Serris_Kell

Hrm. Does Ainsley realize that she's just pushed Mitka in between a rock and a hard place? Aaron too, for that matter?

The Star Cabal is a behind the scenes, very black and often outright criminal organization of unknown resources that seeks to control the Republic and Empire from the inside without the consent of said powers leadership or citizenry. Two of Ainsley's children are Military, and therefore flat out oath bound to not only report the location of that station, but the identities of everyone one it. If need be, they're required to take everyone there out.

If they're both willing to be upstanding Republic Officers, that is. Wouldn't be the first time family ties made otherwise good soldiers embrace treason.

I think in this story line the Star Cabal is gone completely and they're going to rebuild it. Can't report something that doesn't exist. :cool: Though I'm sure we'll get to see if they feel the need to report it once they find out what Shiloh intends to do with it.

Ainsley watched through the wall sized window as her tough old ship, the Weather Light taxied into the hangar bay. She was on pins and needles, anxious to see her sons. She hadn't seen Cohen since the night before he stole her ship, and the last time she saw Aaron was before his last deployment. Her heart was aching to see her boys. She was biting her nails when Corso came in, gently taking her hand in his and squeezing it. Mitka had confirmed she was in the system but still a good six hours out, Ainsley would have her entire family in one place for the first time in three years. She wished it was for a different reason, she knew she had a lot of explaining to do to both her husband and her kids, especially Cohen, who was more like her then he realized.

She vaulted herself down the steps into the hangar two steps at a time waiting for the gangplank to lower, Aaron was the first to come out. Serious face, only more than serious, troubled and angry, she saw his face contort, as her sensitive boy fought back whatever emotions where plaguing him, relief swept over his features. She was wrapped up in his bear hug in a matter of seconds. When she pulled back she looked him over, running her hands over his arms and shoulders, taking inventory of him, making sure he was still in one piece. Once satisfied she pulled him back into her embrace, kissing him on each cheek.

The red head Oriah was next to exit, her bright blue eyes puffy and blood shot. She was so young, Ainsley thought to herself, couldn’t be more then 19. Without thinking she gave the girl a hug, she looked like she could use one, she looked so much like her father, Ainsley clenched her jaw and gave the girl a hard squeeze, she would tell her in good time. Oriah answered the affection by returning the hug, all be it weakly.

“You alright kid?” Ainsley asked, ever the mother, with a look of genuine concern. Oriah glanced quickly at Aaron, who had his back to her, quietly talking to Corso.

“Yes, thank you. Captain Isiz correct?” Oriah replied, seeming to remember herself as she straightened her back and blinked back whatever was troubling her.

“Call me Ainsley.” She gave the girls shoulder a squeeze, so much like her father.

Ainsley glanced up the gangplank, Cohen stood there, hands deep in his pockets, eyes downcast seemingly studying the pattern the old metal made. Ainsley felt her heart constrict, he was five years old again, caught red handed with his hand in the cookie jar. Something had happened on the ship between these three, it was obvious. Any residual anger she had at her younger wayward son dissipated when he finally managed to look his mother in the eyes. She walked up the gangplank to meet him.

“I’m sorry mom.” Was all he managed to whisper when she wrapped him up in a big hug. “I messed up bad…I’m sorry.”

Ainsley was surprised when she felt his shoulders start to shake, her Cohen who was always so quick with an excuse or a charming apology. She gripped him more tightly, absently smoothing out the cowlick on the back of his head like she had done when he was a boy.

“Oh sweetheart.” She didn't know what to say to him, she just held onto him tightly as he got a hold of himself. Her guilt flared, she should have told him, should have explained, but until he disappeared in the night with her ship, there had never been a reason to.

“Here.” He handed her the last two cubes, then wiped his eyes roughly with the back of his hands.

Mother and son finally descended the gangplank together, Ainsley noticed the glares her son was getting from both the petite red head and his brother. Corso’s arms were crossed in front of his chest with that same look he used to get when Cohen’s teachers would call the house when he skipped class. Disappointment.

“What did you do?” Ainsley murmured to her clearly uncomfortable son.

“I wasn't much of a brother.” He glanced at Oriah, “or friend…or son for that matter. Each family needs one right? A screw up?” He tried the weak joke, and was met with silence. “Tough crowd.”

“I ought to knock you on your hide son, Force knows you deserve it.” Corso finally spoke to his second son, his problem child. He loved him, but he was also the reason for most of his grey hair. “What in Galaxy’s name possessed you to steal your own mothers ship?”

Cohen was back to staring at the floor, feeling three feet tall. “Dad, I’m sorry.”

“Did you even care how worried your mother was? How worried I was? Did it even cross your mind to let us know you were alive?” Corso threw his hand up in the air, paced a few steps then hugged Cohen fiercely, unable to stay angry with his children for long. “You pull a stunt like that again and you will be missing teeth from that charming smile of yours.” He clapped him hard on the back.

“I’m going to go bring these to Scorpio, Corso, get the boys and Oriah settled in some rooms.” Ainsley gave Cohen’s arm a squeeze while he pleads with his eyes for her to stay, his only ally. Love him as she did, he needed this.

Ainsley and Corso waited in the spacious and comfortably furnished meeting room, Ainsley was pacing, anxious, Corso watched her, his own questions in his head. Mitka and Aric had arrived an hour earlier, it was getting late but Ainsley wanted to talk to her family before they went to sleep. Her daughter was the first to arrive, followed by Aaron, then Cohen, finally Lokin arrived and closed the door. Lokin sat himself down in one of the plush chairs, Mitka and Aaron on opposite ends of a couch, Cohen stood near the door, leaning on the wall, Corso leaned on the opposite wall, Ainsley stood surrounded by her family.

“I don’t know where to start, so I’ll just start at the beginning. My name is not Ainsley Isiz, Ainsley Isiz was a young smuggler I killed almost thirty years ago, I assumed her identity.” Ainsley took a deep breath.

“I am Hunter number 587. Hunters have existed for as long as the Star Cabal has existed. We are genetically engineered watchdogs and agents for the organization. My sisters and me, and every other Hunter that has ever been, is based off of a cloned copy of the first Hunter. Because clones tend to be weak and unhealthy, additional genetic material is added to the cloned ovum, producing stronger Hunters.” She looked at Lokin who smiled and nodded.

“I myself am not a clone, but the result of selective breeding, you could say I’m only a quarter clone. Hunters are built, not born, we’re grown in a petri dish, and then a kolto tank. All of our genetic material, or at least the best attributes, are integrated into the master copy, or the original clone. That way, should the main Hunter and her backups be killed in some way, a new clone is produced, and the breeding process starts all over again. The aim is to produce smarter, stronger, more agile, and finally , more complacent Hunters.” Ainsley could feel the horror and disbelief in the room, she forced herself to meet each of her children’s eyes. Although she couldn't bring herself to look at Corso.

“Doctor Lokin here is my biological father, he was a scientist working on the Hunter initiative for the Star Cabal in the old regime, as well as an embedded Imperial agent. Being a man of exceptional intelligence, and resilience as an Imperial Cipher agent, he donated his own genetics, and they were combined with a previous generations Hunters ovum, producing me and my sister. My sister was selected over me as the more desirable twin, to be trained as the next primary Hunter. I was found to be too independent minded, my mind not easily malleable or indoctrinated. I blame my father in this.” She gave Lokin a knowing grin.

“She was also resistant to the experimental control serums that had been added to the master copy, it was supposed to add extra incentive to the Hunter to be loyal, and so they could be controlled more easily, up until Ainsley it had been working as intended. I was asked to install her cybernetics instead, a poor replacement to the biological solution her system was rejecting. The serum was extracted from the master copy, as unreliable. I was to find a better way when our now current leader, Shiloh, brought down the old regime. She is also very much morally opposed to such control measures.” Lokin added both seriously and genially. He did not let on his opposition to Shiloh’s ideals, nor that he thought he had found the replacement he had been charged to find all those years ago.

Ainsley watched as the people she loved most digested the information she had just given them. That their mother, and wife was the results of a century spanning science experiment. She suddenly felt very scared and alone, afraid they would reject her. Corso finally came up to her, putting his arms around her, having already heard much of her story before, under Mitka's tree.

“You’ll always be Ainsley to me, you’re my wife, and I love you, and I don’t care how you came to be, I’m just glad you exist and that we met.” He kissed her softly.

The Riggs children considered their mothers words, asked questions about the Star Cabal, Ainsley’s childhood, and those who raised her. Ainsley did her best to answer, echoing Shiloh’s vision for the revived secret society. Mitka gave her mother a hearty hug and kissed her cheeks, Aaron was somber needing time to process and review the information, he embraced his mother, the beating heart of their family. He would have more questions later, but for now he just needed to feel her near him, and smell her familiar smell, she was still “mom” regardless of where she came from.

Eventually the lateness of the hour drove all but Cohen and Ainsley from the room, he had remained silent through it all, thoughtful frown on his handsome face. He finally sat down heavily on the couch beside his mother.

“That control serum the doctor was talking about, it was intended to become a genetic trait, right? Is it possible, even if it didn't work with you, that you could have passed it down?” He was looking straight ahead as he spoke, a mixture of anger and fear tinged his voice.

“It’s possible.” Ainsley answered, her smart boy, she knew he would figure it out, wishing her suspicions had been wrong.

“Don’t you think this is something you should have told us about?” He looked at her accusingly.

“Up until the day you left with my ship, there was never any reason, it never manifested itself. You and Aaron were always independent, always knew your own minds. How could I have guessed it had affected you, YOU, my strong willed boy. The only way you ever learned anything was by doing, and learning from your mistakes, it didn't matter how much advice or warning me or your dad gave you, you did it anyways.” She tried to take his hand, he flinched. “I thought you were safe from the worst of my genes. That all you got was that hair and my stubbornness and that brilliant mind of yours. If I had known…I would have told you Co.”

“All I wanted was to find a job, make a quick buck so I could buy myself a ship. When that Ratattaki, Kaliyo.” Cohen squeezed his eyes shut, seeing her pale corpse ripped apart on the floor. “It’s like, I couldn't stop, she mentioned the Star Cabal, and I had to see where the rabbit hole went, I couldn't stop. When I was stealing your ship, I was screaming at myself, but my fingers did it anyways. I wanted to stop when I heard about Risha. I wanted to come home, but I couldn't stop, mom I couldn't stop myself, even when I wanted to. I thought I was going crazy, to find out now that I was born with this compulsion. Every time I wanted out, it’s like I started living outside my own skin.” He ran his hands through his blonde hair, thick and honey coloured just like his mother.

“Now that you know, now that you’re here, how do you feel, are you still being pulled?” She asked quietly, wanting so badly to offer him comfort, knowing better and offering space instead.

“Good.” Cohen laughed a bitter laugh. “I mean, apart from the guilt and self hate for having treated everyone I care about like dirt to get here. I feel good, less anxious, like I belong and have purpose. It’s weird, I feel at home here, even more so then at the ranch, and it hasn't even been twenty four hours.”

“Cohen, I’m here for you, even if you don’t like me very much right now, I’m here to answer any questions, you can ask Doc Lokin to, he’s better with the science behind it. I love you sweetheart, I’m sorry I wasn't there to help you through it.” She stood up, so she could leave him alone with his thoughts.

“Mom?” Cohen called out when she reached the door. “If you knew all this about yourself, why did you have kids, it doesn't make sense.”

Ainsley looked back at her second son, the one she had so vehemently opposed having. Aaron had been unplanned, one of Corso’s swimmers got past the usual protection and Ainsley had been terrified the entire time. Scared of what her genetics would produce, not having a mother or sister or anyone to talk to, tell her what was normal, what wasn’t. When he was born, he was perfect, and looked like his dad, and Ainsley fell in love. Then Corso wanted another, and Ainsley didn’t want to explain why she didn’t, why she was so scared, because that would mean tearing down the lies she had built around her, it meant the possibility of losing not only Corso, but Aaron to. She got lucky once, she couldn’t get away with normal twice, could she? Then they moved to the ranch, and life was boring and normal and peaceful. Corso told her about growing up with his siblings, and wore down her resolve, and she was safe, her sister was dead, and she was still hidden. It was ok, her children would be ok, so she gave in, and agreed to one more, and her blue eyed boy full of mischief was born. She looks back now, not able to imagine a life without them.

“The heart doesn’t always make sense kiddo.”

So much love! <3

This is way this series is Force of Wills: The Ties That Bind

Edited by MilaniGrey

Can I just say. Eep!! over 10 000 views. I wonder how many are me obsessing over the chapters? To everyone reading who has posted or is just lurking *waves* Thank you so much, I hope you've enjoyed reading as much as I've enjoyed (and hated and agonized and obsessed and loved) writing it. More coming soon, I'm in the middle of writing the next post.

Dude!! over 10, 000 views, plus the views from Part 1 of Force of Wills, I am up to 80, 000 + words written total between Parts 1 and 2, and more to come. This is by far the most ambitious personal project I've ever taken on. No pressure Earth....no pressure...lol.

Aaron was up early, he threw on an old basic training t-shirt, his sweats and running shoes. He had tossed and turned the night before, his punching bag was still on the Light, and he needed to think. He told the service droid to bring him breakfast in an hour as he headed out the door. He needed to feel his blood pumping in his veins, he was thinking hard about what his mother had shared the night before. The implications, from what little she had told them of the Star Cabal he knew that they had come into conflict with the Republic before, and they would again, he wasn't sure how that made him feel. He wasn't sure where his loyalties were anymore.

Loyalties, that was something else, his mind rounded on his brother as he picked up the pace his feet slapping the hard metal of the hallway. He knew deep down he loved Cohen, he had to, but he was still angry. No it wasn't Cohen he was angry with, Aaron had expected a move like that from the moment the three of them had boarded the ship. Aaron wasn't even angry with Oriah, disappointed, hurt, jealous, but not angry. She was a big girl, she could make her own choices, and obviously Aaron wasn't who she wanted, although he wished he was. He had been so sure there had been something between them, something more, that spark. He was angry with himself, for letting his guard down, for letting her in. Aarons muscles were burning as he skipped up the stairs into the upper mezzanine of the space stations central ring. He was angry for being fooled, for thinking a girl like her, with brains like that, with that kind of smile would have ever been interested in him. He had tried going up against his brother once, for a girl when they were kids, he had lost then to.

Beads of sweat dripped off the tips of his hair, he should apologize to Oriah. She had been trying to talk to him, but he hadn’t been ready to face her, to hear her tell him he wasn’t the one for her. He stopped running then, breathing hard, hands braced on his legs. He had to stop, his mother, his career, his family, the whole galaxy potentially was on the verge of something big, important, and all his thoughts could do was round back to Oriah. He walked back to his room, he would take a shower, eat, then go find her. He needed closure, he needed to hear her say there was nothing between them so he could move on and figure out where his place was in this big mess.

Oriah was up early, a droid having delivered her some breakfast in her room. She felt awkward, as if she was intruding by being in this place. She ate in silence, desperately missing the early morning companionship between her and Aaron. Ever since he had seen her and Cohen kissing, Aaron had been avoiding her, locking himself in the cargo hold of the Weather Light, she had heard him boxing, abusing the old weathered punching bag. It was all a mess, Cohen had left her alone, not apologizing but not pursuing her either. Oriah had spent time crying, confused by her own emotions, angry at the way everything had turned out. She was inexperienced, she lacked the words to explain, and worst of all is that she felt like she had lost two dear friends, which hurt the most.

She threw on some comfortable pants and her boots, put her long hair in a low pony tail, and a simple white button down shirt and a warm sweater. She decided to go exploring in the early morning hours. She didn’t meet anyone as she walked. She took the lift to the top floor of the space station which was a giant reinforced clear dome, with a perfect view of the Dark Nebula that Cohen had shown her. The floor was comfortably furnished, tables and couches and plush chairs, in the far corner was a bar with a powered down serving droid. She imagined this room was used as a lounge or bar at some point, she went to the far end of the room and perched herself on a comfortable chair, pulling her legs in and resting her chin on her knees. Oriah heard the lift slide open and someone walk in. They walked towards her taking the chair across from her.

“Oriah Quinn!” Dr. Eckard Lokin declared congenially. “I knew your father, he was a brilliant man. I was truly saddened that we weren't able to save him.”

“I’m sorry?” Oriah asked quizzically, her father, so far as she knew had been dead for sixteen years.

“Your father Malavai Quinn, he was with Shiloh when Ainsley and I went to retrieve her from that Imperial prison on Nar Shaddaa, what’s it called…Shadowtown. I truly did my best, but he was ill, and his body wasn't able to withstand the surgery to remove the cranial explosive. He would have been an asset to the organization.” Lokin explained to the girl, she was supposed to have a sharp mind, though he supposed she wouldn't have had any reason to doubt the official records.

“He was alive? All this time?” Was it possible to grieve for a person she barely remembered twice?

“Yes, yes, never trust the official line, especially in the Empire, it’s almost always a lie, or a cover up.” He spoke dismissively waving his hand in the air, and then gave her another brilliant smile, “I wanted to talk to you about you’re academy grades, you seemed to favor biology and languages. Diplomatic corp?”

“Diplomatic corp or medical would have been my preferred choices yes, though my mother and grandfather had me slated to go to Intelligence, I was being groomed for the Watcher program.” She narrowed her eyes at him, not trusting him.

“Of course, you even had a natural aptitude without any genetics tampering, impressive indeed. Just like your father.” He gave her a warm smile, she was perfect. “Forgive me, I’m not a young man anymore, I’m not able to do as much as I once did, and I find myself in need of an assistant, an intern if you will, and I find myself with a perfect candidate sitting right in front of me. It would be mostly medical work, some slicing, would you be interested?”

“I…I suppose…” Oriah’s head was reeling.

“Wonderful, come to my lab, at your leisure, I’ll show you around my current projects, we wouldn't want a mind like yours to be idle for long. It’s a muscle you know, it needs to be exercised.” He patted her gently on the knee. “Just ask Scorpio where to find it, she’ll let me know you’re coming.”

Oriah nodded her head absently, she was looking for a purpose here. Perhaps he knew more about her father. Something about Doctor Lokin made her feel uneasy, though her judge of character was terrible as she had recently discovered, it was worth hearing him out she decided.

“Wait who’s Scorpio?” She turned but he had already left down the lift.

“I am the Star Cabals defense system, I am also this space stations integrated systems, I am available to assist you with your inquiries.” A deep feminine voice sounded across the domed room, as if coming from space itself.

Oriah startled, “Where would I be able to find Dr. Lokins lab?” She asked tentatively into the empty space.

“Fifth floor, lab thirty two dash B.”

“Thank you.”

“You are welcome Oriah Quinn.”

Aaron nearly knocked Aric over he was so pre-occupied rehearsing what he was going to say to Oriah in his head, convincing himself he wasn’t heading towards humiliations, they were friends.

“Geez, sorry sir.” Aaron said as he steadied the Cathar on his feet.

“Hey, we’re both on leave, don’t sir me here, and besides we’ll be brothers soon, just call me Aric.” The Cathar offered with a friendly smile.

“That’s right! Mitka told me, congratulations sir…Aric.” Aaron chastised himself, they weren't even in uniform.

“Don’t suppose you’ve seen Oriah floating around? I checked her room but she wasn’t there.”

“Can’t say that I have. Mit! You see Oriah around this morning?” He called out to his fiancée as she emerged from their shared room.

“When would I have seen her?” She replied sarcastically with a little wink. She gave Aaron a hug, “Sorry big guy.”

Mitka turned her attention to Aric, “I don’t know why we need to meet them at the hangar.”

“Because it’s polite.”

“Well she wasn’t very polite when she frakking kidnapped you.”

“Mit, when are you going to let that go?”

“I’m sorry but I’m not about to just forgive her, even if she does have that nice new Blastech rifle…ok, I might forgive her if she lets me play with that thing, and her flame thrower…You think she’ll let me try out her flame thrower?”

Aaron heard Aric laugh as they got onto the lift heading to the hangar bay. Aaron smiled despite himself, he was happy for his sister, after everything she had been through she deserved to be happy, and she had found a good match in Aric Jorgan he had decided. He doubled back to the lift to try a different level, the space station was a maze, and with so few people it was easy to get lost. He was looking at his hands, reciting what he wanted to say to Oriah in his head when the lift door opened and he came face to face with her.

“Aaron!” Oriah blinked, trying to guard her expression but failing, she smiled shyly.

“Oriah.” Suddenly he was drawing a blank. She was smiling at him and it felt good, the lift door nearly closed in his face, he stepped in at the last minute.

“Aaron, I’m sorry, what you saw, it was unkind.” Oriah started, not knowing how to explain, how to tell him.

“No Oriah, I’m sorry, I acted like a baby, I had no right to get upset….” He said gently.

“There is nothing between Cohen and me! The kiss, it was wrong, it was with the wrong brother. I’m sorry you were hurt, I’ve been trying to tell you…” She shook her head, too shy to look him in the eye.

“Wait what?” Aaron stopped dead in his thoughts, positive something in his brain misfired. “What do you mean wrong brother?”

“I mean, it wasn’t Cohen I wanted to be kissing.” She forced herself to meet his intense dark gaze, then smiled at the bewildered look on his face.

“So if it wasn’t Cohen you wanted to be kissing…me?” Smooth.

Oriah nodded, grinning like an idiot, then suddenly fear gripped her, what if he didn’t want to. It was a needless fear, Aaron took a step closer hand brushing hair out of her face, he was grinning just as hard as she was, neither sure how to break the silly awkward happiness. Finally Oriah put her arms around his neck lifting herself up on her toes tilting her head back, blue eyes shining, her lips flush and full. It was all Aaron needed, he lowered his lips to hers. It was a slow tentative kiss, Aaron, still thinking he was dreaming. One of her hands trailed up and down his neck, he wasn’t dreaming, he exhaled as he gathered her closer to him, her slight body soft and pliant molding against him. She felt good there, she tasted sweet and smelled like vanilla, he ran a hand through her hair, soft and thick. He didn’t want to let her go, afraid he would wake up. The lift stopped, swishing open. They reluctantly broke apart.

“Meet me for lunch?” Oriah asked breathlessly

“Count on it.” Aaron replied stunned, biting the corner of his lip.

Oriah stepped off the lift, smiling at him and giving him a little wave. When the lift closed she felt a sharp sting in her neck before her world went black.

Sorry for the lack of new chapters recently, life has taken a turn for the busy, and I have been having some serious writers block. I promise I am still working on it, though my mind has been pre-occupied with watching the new Full Metal Alchemist. I have half the next chapter written, just need to sit down and finish it, then edit. I'm hoping end of today or tomorrow.

Thanks for being patient with me.

Voss

Shiloh ran, she didn’t want to go back to Voss Ka, she didn’t want to de-activate her stealth generator, she didn’t want to see the blood. She eventually came to a stream where she washed her hands and face, she applied kolto to her broken nose, and with a vicious yell, set it back in place. The blood wouldn’t come off her clothing, and her spare set was at Phi Ton’s house. She looked at the time, late evening, the tea house would still be open, she would be able to sneak in without him seeing her sin. Reluctantly she made her way back to the city.

Voss Ka was dark and the streets were quiet in the cool wet evening, the populace preferring to stay warm and dry. Still, Shiloh only unstealthed when she reached the house. She pulled the key Phi Ton had given her and cursed inwardly when she noticed the dry spattered blood on it. It felt like blasphemy to bring blood and murder into this house. This was a place to be respected, it was a holy place, and Shiloh defiled it with her very presence. She peeled her clothing off, careful to not let it hit the ground, she placed it all in her bag. She then went to the shower, and made the water nearly unbearably hot, she stepped under the spray, wincing slightly before she got used to the heat. She washed herself, her bright blue skin heating and turning a shade of purple red under the hot water and her scrubbing.

Kianna sat in the sparse room the Voss mystics had given her and her crew, five bedrolls in a windowless stone room. It was crowded, and the energy was stifling, thick with unspoken words. Scourge had kissed her in front of the rest of the crew and now Kianna was getting those all too familiar judgmental and slightly condescending looks. She needed some air. It was late dusk with the sky ablaze in reds and purples. Kianna looked down towards the path, blushing, the very nature of this place taunted her desires. The more she thought about it, the more anxious she grew, he was a whole man, she could feel it, she could feel his power, stronger then she had ever sensed in the past. His heart beat like a drum, that smoky dark energy that encircled him rippled like water around him, in constant motion, it was hypnotic and seductive, and dangerous.

The Jedi code felt far away, the words felt abstract, something else, more powerful was pulling her down a path she both longed for and feared. She arrived at the ancient Jedi statue, the stone pock marked by time, but the face was still serene and peaceful. Kianna knelt in meditation, trying to calm her excited and dancing energy, trying to center herself. His essence invaded her space, she inhaled deeply, releasing her own restlessness into him, water and smoke.

“Did I anger you?” His voice came from behind her, mocking, testing.

“No.” She replied quietly, eyes closed, body relaxed in front of the statue.

“You’re right, it’s not anger, it’s fear. Do you fear me Jedi?” She could hear the smile behind his lips, her spine roared inside her body. She bit her lip when his hands came to rest on her shoulders, thumbs tracing lazy circles on her sapphire neck.

“No, I don’t fear you. I fear what I will become if I allow this.” Kianna spoke gently, he was kneeling behind her, one hand dropped circling her waist, the other hand resting heavy but gentle over her heart. She felt his chest pressed against her back.

“Tell me Kianna, what will you become if you allow this?” His voice was dark, thick, testing her, always testing her, ever the teacher even now there was a lesson to learn. Kianna could feel the warm metal of his facial bead against her neck as he lowered his lips down its length. He felt her heart quicken under his hand.

“I fear I will become Sith.” She gasped out, allowing him to pull her closer, his dark smoky energy descending on her like a fog on a lake.

Scourge sat back on the ancient stone altar, pulling Kianna into him so that she sat with her legs entwined in his, “Is that so terrible?” His hand was still over her heart, “the force shall free you Jedi. Are you so indoctrinated that you would resist freedom, it is the calling of every sentient in the known universe, to be free, only you Jedi resist what nature intends.”

Kianna twisted herself in his arms, in one fluid motion she managed to wrap herself around him face to face, she didn’t answer his lesson today, she didn’t try to justify anything. She kissed him as the last of the red sky was chased away by the dark of night. His soft full lips gave way to hers, and he pulled her in. His hands were on her back, on her hips, in her hair, she felt herself get enveloped. The Jedi code was so far away when he lifted her in his arms then laid her down in the tall grass under the purple Voss sky, the winking stars the only witnesses to their passion and need.

Shiloh read the message again, Kianna would be there at any moment, she checked the clock again. It had been a week since the bloody fight, a week since she had seen the architects of her torment dead. Yet she still felt the blood sticky on her fingers, every time she stepped into the shower it circled around the drain.

“Drink this wife.” Phi ton placed the fine bone china cup in front of her. He was saddened that her trip to the shrine had done little to mend her. Saddened that she seemed worse, he had found the hidden bag full of bloodied clothing, he did not understand her life, nor did he try to, she followed a destiny, just as he followed his. His heart ached at the thought of losing her again.

“Thank you.” She managed a weak smile for the gentle soul who called himself her husband. The door opened and she knew before she turned it was her sister. She felt frozen in place, she forced herself to meet the woman her gentle seven year old sister had become.

“Shiloh?” Kianna asked the older and scarred Chiss. The moment their eyes met she knew. Her breath caught in her throat, what had happened to her?

“Kianna.” Shiloh stood, her skinny awkward sister had come into her beauty as an adult, tall and lithe, confident. She wore a long black and grey robe, with heavy armor underneath and a saber at her hip.

Kianna closed the gap between them and hugged her older sister. “Shiloh, what happened?”

Shiloh pulled back leading her sister back to the table and started the long painful story. Phi Ton brought them tea and the talked long into the day. When they parted Shiloh had her missing data cube, and her sister again. Kianna felt drained but happy, her sister hadn’t abandoned her, but her heart ached for the obvious pain she was in. Shiloh was good at guarding her emotions but there was no masking the sadness and pain that she carried with her.

“Do you trust them?” Shiloh asked as they left the tea house and headed towards the shuttle landing pad. “The Jedi council and the Republic military, do you trust them?”

The truth of the matter was that she didn’t, the council hadn’t supported her or looked to her best interest after the escape from the Emperor’s fortress. As for the military, she needed only look at the fact that they had funded any of Dr.Godera’s works to get her answer. She let her silence answer her sister. Shiloh gave her an encrypted private holofrequency and coordinates.

“Do you trust him?” Shiloh asked about Lord Scourge.

“Yes.” She thought it was strange that out of everyone, the Jedi, the Republic, her own crew, the one person she trusted above all others was a Sith. She knew how he would admonish her, but he was the only one to have ever been honest with her, his vision revealed her to be the weapon that would kill the Emperor, yet he was the only one to truly treat her as an individual, and not an instrument of destruction.

They stood in front of the shuttle, Lord Scourge waiting, alongside another Jedi, a human, a droid and a changrian.

“May the force be with you sister.” Shiloh spoke the Jedi words, but she meant them. Force preserve her, the last of her family, Force guide her through the impossible task she had been asked to do.

“And you Shiloh. I’ll call you when this is all over.” She hugged her older sister one last time before turning towards her crew and climbing up the steps into the shuttle.

Edited by Earthmama