Focus on what attributes? Sage/Seer

Daeso

So, I have been playing the same way since level 1 and haven't really thought anything about it until now. Now being higher level and doing harder flashpoints I am noticing my Force seems to disappear much quicker.

I am focusing on Willpower and Power.

What else should be be focusing on because these flashpoints are getting much more difficult.

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Willpower and endurance are the basic stats to focus on. Power is a stat to focus on later along with alacrity. Make sure you put those 5 points into TK for the 100 points of force and the discounted cost of heals and force powers.

Thanks, I was wondering if I was going to get some feedback.

Although I am sure this was posted before but since there is no search option..... yeaaaaaah.

The focus on willpower and force is correct, and +critical will benefit as well. Though raw Force power will be more useful at higher levels, at lower levels the additional heal is just so little.

Make sure to get 5 points in telekinetics tree in the beginning... I don't know what Bioware was thinking, but that's where healing sage will benefit a lot: Put points to Mental longivity (+100 force!) and Inner strength. It will give you more force and less cost of spell.

Unfortunately, most of the groups will come with WoW mentality of storming low level dungeons and pulling everyone and everything and then blaming the healer. CC spells are important, and group cooperation is necessary, otherwise we sages are out of force in no time.

For more I recommend this thread: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=638#Seer

• 2 months later...

Enhancements I get from quest rewards and other gear have...

higher endurance rating with lower stat such as defense (Good for Shadow right?)

or

Lower endurance stat with high stat such as crit.

For a Seer Sage does the crit, or surge/power replace endurance as a secondary stat? Do I go with the lower endurance rating to get the crit or surge/power stat instead of the defense stat?

Edited by porfinicle

For a healer, you want Willpower first, then power because it increases the strength of all your heals. You want at least a little alacrity to get better cast times. Crit and surge are OK. Crit heals are nice, but being able to consistently heal higher numbers with power is your best option.

Willpower and Endurance in that order are a must, but that's a given for all Consulars. Crit is then the priority for the Seer. Then after that I personally go for alacrity to boost my Deliverance speed, but I've heard others say otherwise. Up to you after Crit I guess.

You said you were having issues maintaining force? Around level 36 you shouldn't have that problem. If you spec all your points properly into Seer thus far, you should have spent 27 points allowing you to have both points of Resplendence. If you don't have both points in Resplendence yet, respec.

If you are planning on healing your way to 50 from here on out you need this talent. It will turn you into a Force Battery.

I personally did not add points to other trees until i got Salvation in the Seer tree. Inner Strength is tempting at first, but wait till you spend 31 in Seer.

For a healer, you want Willpower first, then power because it increases the strength of all your heals. You want at least a little alacrity to get better cast times. Crit and surge are OK. Crit heals are nice, but being able to consistently heal higher numbers with power is your best option.

What you are saying about the draw backs of crit is very true until you get Salvation (the 41 tp at the end of the seer tree). Then Crit becomes important as a way to regenerate force. The good news is that Willpower contributes to your crit chance on heals so regardless what level you are that should be your most important stat. How much crit chance you need will really depend on how often you run out of force but 25% chance to crit was enough for me to keep my force bar up when I was starting out. 30% is some what of a soft cap. It's not that you won't benefit from a crit chance over 30% so much as it takes so much crit to get over 30% that those stat points would be better spent in to willpower, power/force power or Alacrity.

But until you get Salvation, Willpower and power/force power should be your focus and make sure you get inner strength and Mental Longevity (on the first level of the Telekinetics tree). At level 40 you can respect and put all your points in the Seer tree and get Salvation if you want. If you only re-spec once a week I think it's free.

Edited by Ilayas

Willpower is first. Endurance means much for pvp and is not so important for pve. Then u need to have crit at least 30% (as it is said above) . Then i think it's the matter of your preference what to choose: crit/surge or power. I prefer crit cause it's not more crits, it's also allows me to get free noble sacrifice buff earlier and sometimes i can't cast healing trance till the end (i'm pushed/stuned/interrupted, i have to move, my target can move out of sight). And i don't like alacrity actually: for urgent healing i have force armor+rejuv+deliverence (and alacrity effects only deliverence) and in over situashions 0.1-0.3 sec don't really matter much

Willpower is first. Endurance means much for pvp and is not so important for pve. Then u need to have crit at least 30% (as it is said above) . Then i think it's the matter of your preference what to choose: crit/surge or power. I prefer crit cause it's not more crits, it's also allows me to get free noble sacrifice buff earlier and sometimes i can't cast healing trance till the end (i'm pushed/stuned/interrupted, i have to move, my target can move out of sight). And i don't like alacrity actually: for urgent healing i have force armor+rejuv+deliverence (and alacrity effects only deliverence) and in over situashions 0.1-0.3 sec don't really matter much

Between crit/surge and power, Power is generally better assuming you're not completely gimped on crit and surge. Especially as a healer, you tend to care more that you are critting at all, and beyond that adding more power increases your total throughput and makes your heals more force efficient (both crits and noncrits) whereas Surge still requires a crit event to even be a part of the equation.

Surge IMO is better than crit once you're at ~30%-35% crit self buffed. Then at that point surge improves your autocrits on Trance and when using Force Potency in a pinch along with your unaided crits. At this point, if you're otherwise pretty much full Columni, you can start spending your Columni commendations on the Smuggler gear with Power/Surge enhancements.

So from this thread I am seeing this as the order of stat importance for the Seer Sage.

Willpower>Endurance?>Crit>Power>Surge>Alacrity Possibly best after Resplendence.

Or

Willpower>Endurance?>Power>Crit>Surge>Alacrity

Now does endurance become less important, and move to the 3rd most important stat. It seems that in forums people talk about willpower then crit, or willpower then power. Where does endurance fit?

So from this thread I am seeing this as the order of stat importance for the Seer Sage.

Willpower>Endurance?>Crit>Power>Surge>Alacrity Possibly best after Resplendence.

Or

Willpower>Endurance?>Power>Crit>Surge>Alacrity

Now does endurance become less important, and move to the 3rd most important stat. It seems that in forums people talk about willpower then crit, or willpower then power. Where does endurance fit?

Endurance is impossible to stack intentionally without gimping your Willpower, and vice-versa. If you're stacking Willpower and secondaries instead, Endurance will still be high but not as high.

Currently, a mix of crit/surge, power/alacrity, and power/surge enhancements are probably the best. Stop stacking crit at around the 30% total mark (Including the 5% from your Seer tree and Willpower), 10% is a fine stopping point on Alacrity, and put Power and Surge wherever possible everywhere else.

• 9 months later...
I don't believe there is any sense of stacking crit/surge because you have a very useful talent that grants you crit bonuses to 2 abilities and mana cost reduction for two more every time you cast Rejuvenate. So you better stack Willpower and Power :) For bigger heals AND crits :p

Gearing sub 50 is pointless unless you immediately get all orange gear. Even then the mods from vendors are meh at best. Other gear is just gonna be messing with your stat values the whole time you level. The info on what stats you need is correct though, but just focus on Willpower first and know that any secondary and tertiary stats you may want are power/crit/surge/alacrity. Do not take anything with accuracy/defence/shield/absorb. Endurance also just comes on the gear regardless so there is no point focusing on it. As to how much of the sec/ter stats? Since you are not going to reach diminishing returns with sub 50 gear unless you focus solely on surge or alacrity it really makes no difference. Once you reach 50 it is time to mod your gear, read Onager's thread on the values you want (and even those are a general guide the exact numbers will depend on preference, play style and currently available mods.)

For Force management it's all about rotations. What also helps immensely is resting between pulls, just let the team know that you need a few seconds after each pull to regen Force with your rest ability, particularly as a healer.

Edited by Darth_Dreselus

• 2 weeks later...
I don't believe there is any sense of stacking crit/surge because you have a very useful talent that grants you crit bonuses to 2 abilities and mana cost reduction for two more every time you cast Rejuvenate. So you better stack Willpower and Power :) For bigger heals AND crits :p

The only time Willpower and Secondary stats compete is in some mods, and even then I prefer to use secondary heavy mods, because for a small decrease in willpower there's a larger increase in Power/Crit.

Ignore endurance completely, it'll come with the rest of your stats. People saying that you should focus on it are talking rubbish, don't even take endurance into account when gearing up.

Also, someone said 'self-buffed' crit should be around 30-35%. Is that ONLY with the Consular buff, or is this to say fully buffed?

There honestly isn't a A > B > C > D> E ... because that is not how the trade offs work in this game.

As a sage, you can trade between willpower and endurance, crit and power, and surge and alacrity. While leveling, you might as well take whatever new gear you find that has a net increase the non-endurance stats I listed. You'll be churning through replacements faster than its worth stopping to optimize. Once you get to 50, I recommend the following.

Willpower > Endurance always

Crit Rating > Power until total chance over 30%. Once there, take a mix while keeping your crit rating below 400

Surge > Alacrity until surge rating over 65%. Once there, take a mix while keeping your surge rating under 75%

For augments, take Willpower.

Finally, always choose unlettered mods when giving the choice.