Marauder PvP guide(short but helpful)

TrumpetNut

So after trying the 3 specs for marauder (Annihilation, Carnage, Rage) I have decided to mak a short guide on it. Note that this is from a PvP standpoint!

Carnage: I personally found Carnage the easiest to use and the most effective. Force Camo is a skill that will cloak you for 4 seconds and reduce movement speed by 30% during the time. Also all dmg is reduced by 50%. The Carnage spec is not "focused" on this ability but the main Idea is to run in with force charge, Kite(Don't stop running while you attack. This causes them to have a hard time focusing) the player you're attacking, and use all of your skills. When you begin to lose health about 25% left activate cloak of pain and blade ward. This will reduce dmg like crazy while you continue dmging then when you are about to die use force Camo and retreat. This works extremely well because Carnage does crazy burst damage but without a good healer on you you will die fast.

Annihilation: This one I like second best. The Annihilation tree offers less burst dmg then the Carnage tree but it also has WAY better survivability. The tree offers a self heals when you are bleeding. Many of the abilities here are mainly focused on Force Camo and bleeds. While the Carnage tree bursts in with heavy immediate dmg the annihilation tree slows and stacks many bleeds at a time slowly dmging the player you are attacking. Don't take me wrong annihilation offers alot of immediate dmg as well but not nearly as much as carnage. In a long battle the bleeds will add up and end up doing huge ammounts of dmg.

Rage: I tried this spec for 2 warzones and I switched back to carnage. I found it just lacked dmg. I don't want to talk bad about ppl's spec so I will just leave it at, Some could make it work but i can't.

So after trying the 3 specs for marauder (Annihilation, Carnage, Rage) I have decided to mak a short guide on it. Note that this is from a PvP standpoint!

Carnage: I personally found Carnage the easiest to use and the most effective. Force Camo is a skill that will cloak you for 4 seconds and reduce movement speed by 30% during the time. Also all dmg is reduced by 50%. The Carnage spec is not "focused" on this ability but the main Idea is to run in with force charge, Kite(Don't stop running while you attack. This causes them to have a hard time focusing) the player you're attacking, and use all of your skills. When you begin to lose health about 25% left activate cloak of pain and blade ward. This will reduce dmg like crazy while you continue dmging then when you are about to die use force Camo and retreat. This works extremely well because Carnage does crazy burst damage but without a good healer on you you will die fast.

Annihilation: This one I like second best. The Annihilation tree offers less burst dmg then the Carnage tree but it also has WAY better survivability. The tree offers a self heals when you are bleeding. Many of the abilities here are mainly focused on Force Camo and bleeds. While the Carnage tree bursts in with heavy immediate dmg the annihilation tree slows and stacks many bleeds at a time slowly dmging the player you are attacking. Don't take me wrong annihilation offers alot of immediate dmg as well but not nearly as much as carnage. In a long battle the bleeds will add up and end up doing huge ammounts of dmg.

Rage: I tried this spec for 2 warzones and I switched back to carnage. I found it just lacked dmg. I don't want to talk bad about ppl's spec so I will just leave it at, Some could make it work but i can't.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fBVcrh-a4Do

I'd call this an personal overview/opinion of the 3 specs, not really a guide. With a very misleading title and the little to no info on Rage, this post seems discreditable to be labeled as a "guide". There is some inaccuracy in your portrayal of reduced movement speed by 30% too when using Force Camo. You also say "all dmg is reduced by 50%". This is not true. The informative way to give accurate information is to write it correctly, "reducing all damage taken by 50%". I know I'm nitpicking, but if this is a guide and you claim it's "accurate" you are mistaken and you are giving out false information. Guides aren't supposed to give out inaccurate information, they are written to help people become a better player.

No offense, because I commend you for trying to present information to those interested in a marauder, but this post is nothing new and lacks any real information that isn't already known. Not to mention the information doesn't even touch on some of the key parts of these builds. Your only concern is your damage it seems and not PvP game play. PvP isn't always, and usually isn't, 1 v 1 situations.

From another one of your posts:

I am a lvl 11 marauder (don't take me wrong I have a lvl 50 merc heals) and I want to PvP alot on my way to 50 and on 50. I know synth makes medium armor and Biochem makes stims and medpacks. From Bio I just want the 2 things: The re-usable medpacks and adrenals. Synth I want 1 armor set. Which one?

So again, how can this even be an accurate portrayal of a Marauder when you are only a lvl 11 marauder, at this point, and that post was made today?

It's accurate.

:rolleyes:

Edited by Master_Nate

I'd call this an personal overview/opinion of the 3 specs, not really a guide. With a very misleading title and the little to no info on Rage, this post seems discreditable to be labeled as a "guide". There is some inaccuracy in your portrayal of reduced movement speed by 30% too when using Force Camo. You also say "all dmg is reduced by 50%". This is not true. The informative way to give accurate information is to write it correctly, "reducing all damage taken by 50%". I know I'm nitpicking, but if this is a guide and you claim it's "accurate" you are mistaken and you are giving out false information. Guides aren't supposed to give out inaccurate information, they are written to help people become a better player.

No offense, because I commend you for trying to present information to those interested in a marauder, but this post is nothing new and lacks any real information that isn't already known. Not to mention the information doesn't even touch on some of the key parts of these builds. Your only concern is your damage it seems and not PvP game play. PvP isn't always, and usually isn't, 1 v 1 situations.

From another one of your posts:

So again, how can this even be an accurate portrayal of a Marauder when you are only a lvl 11 marauder, at this point, and that post was made today?

:rolleyes:

Sry... I leveled it to near 50 obviously.(39) I spent a really long time on it leveling with 3 guildies. We all made it to 40's me at 39 another 38 another 41 another 41. XD.

Edited by TrumpetNut