A Summary of Increased Repair Cost Problems (for BW/EA)

Daemonson

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The repair costs need to go down. For me, and I'm Lv 46, it's 2000+ per death and that's really not acceptable, in any shape or form.

Seriously? 2k per death is too expensive? That's less than single quest at that level, you can get that much by defeating 4 groups of mobs.

Are you really going to quit? Can you please not go back on that?

Maybe you'll stop being an obsessive forum troll and at least spend effort in something your enjoy.

Let see how to respond to this ...

First of all anyone see the irony in how what one person may view as being a troll is not to another but, the fact of calling someone out as being a troll is in fact a troll? Just sayin'.

I promise you I won't be back. I have 27 more days to play my favorite part of the game. I am "still effectively subscribed" so that means I can post on the forums and voice my opinion as can you and others. If you want to stay on your white horse mores the power to you.

I did my time defending EA and EAware until I finally had it. I was accused early on of being a Biodrone and a "white knight". To each there own. I never claimed to be a proponent or an oponent of this game until very recently. So you have a promise from me. I won't be back after my sub runs out. :cool:

I wish they didnt fix this "bug". If they were going to fix a long running bug, they should have made the taxis on Coru and Nar solid and not flashing in and out. That bug fix wouldnt have caused an uproar... The only positive side to this is when I die from a PVP person as I try to do my PVE in Ilum, I dont have to face those high repair costs.

This fix and the change to the GTN search terms really made for a crappy 1.7 update.

I know. Of all the bugs in this game, from crashing to crafting to Soa still vanishing from the tank, to Dread tooth and his many antics, THIS is the one they chose to waste resources on? LOL

I

1 x Shadow tank, full black hole , with Cartel Chest, but BH shells otherwise: 9106 credites

1 x Sage DPS, mostly legacy gear, with BH and Dread Guard, 12600 credits,

1 x Commando DPS, mostly legacy gear, with BH and Dread Guard, 8329 credits,

1 x Gunslinger, mostly Tionese with some recruit, 5761

It seems there's a vanity penalty if you wear certain shells.

Ah. I'm running in lvl 50 'prototype' ( Dread Scout, cause it's Pimp ) shells, with BH inserts. Each wipe cost me a bit over 18k.

Seriously? 2k per death is too expensive? That's less than single quest at that level, you can get that much by defeating 4 groups of mobs.

Yes, seriously. Why would I post that if I'm not serious. I'm not gonna try golden guys from now on, skip difficult quests until I turn 50. Then I'm gonna invest in better gear. Kills all the fun for me. It's annoying.

I guess that's the way it's supposed to be played? Being annoyed and avoiding things? Yeah....

Edited by Lent_San

Ah. I'm running in lvl 50 'prototype' ( Dread Scout, cause it's Pimp ) shells, with BH inserts. Each wipe cost me a bit over 18k.

This is an actual example of the price being out of line. Another thread also suggested that people wearing Purples that can be remodded are paying twice, once for the shell, and a second time for whatever is inside the purple.

Let see how to respond to this ...

First of all anyone see the irony in how what one person may view as being a troll is not to another but, the fact of calling someone out as being a troll is in fact a troll? Just sayin'.

Search function, FTW.

You've made over 500 posts ( engine limits to 500 returns ) in 2 months.

A quick review of them notes that they're basically all negative.

If you'd stop trolling on the 'general board mini-game' and play the *actual* game, you might enjoy it.

I'm calling you a troll, cause you're a troll.

I would like an explanation from Bioware please:

With 1.2, you lowered the repair costs by about 60% and that was generally well received by the community.

Game Update 1.2 - Legacy

4/12/2012

•Modifiable items now have repair costs based on the level of their base modification.

10 months later, with 1.7 you claim that was a "bug"

Game Update 1.7: Return of the Gree

2/12/2013

•Item sell values and item repair costs now reflect the value of the items and any enhancements attached to them. Previously, items were incorrectly being valued without their enhancements.

As you can tell from the countless complaints, repair cost matters a lot to your customers!

(even those like me, who could afford them).

Are you trying to tell us that you need 10 months to fix a "bug" that has such a huge impact on the game?

Or is this a Marketing decision in preparation of a "Cartel Market Repair Kit" to be released soon?

An honest response would be appreciated!

Investigating? GTN farmers were making too many credits purchasing Cartel Packs and selling it contents at inflated prices. In your unholy fear of inflation you 'corrected' the market by raising repair costs, sort of like a release valve. When anger is sufficient and the head-less chicken you consult for your economy give the right signs, you'll lower back down for a few months and repeat.

It isn't a great mystery Clouseau.

More like a fox stole their chicken so they killed their pig because he saw it. ;p

L did my time defending EA and EAware until I finally had it. I was accused early on of being a Biodrone and a "white knight". To each there own. I never claimed to be a proponent or an oponent of this game until very recently. So you have a promise from me. I won't be back after my sub runs out. :cool:

Truth there. I called him that, myself. Still have the warning that earned in my PM's.

Isn't it a sad day when the game turns a "fanboy" into a former player?

Edited by DarthTHC

Too little too late. It cost you a subscription. Mine. Too little communication. Too much CM Store. Your employers ruined a potentially great Star Wars MMORPG with their unbridled short term greed, lack of communication and out right lies concerning the switch to F2P. Never again EA/ Bioware. Never again! :cool:

It's all good I just resubbed recently. Balance is restored.

Search function, FTW.

If you'd stop trolling on the 'general board mini-game' and play the *actual* game, you might enjoy it.

How about you stop trolling? What's your productive value to this thread? He has a point and he's not alone in his complaint. I think it's fair to say the vast majority of players don't dig the changes, so you calling him out achieves what exactly?

Search function, FTW.

He may be obsessive, he may even be offensive, and yeah, one could accuse him of being harsh

.....but he is absolutely correct in his assessment of this debacle. ;p

.....and you didn't go back far enough. Unreal has always been harsh, but he has never been a liar. I can also validate his claim that he was once a staunch supporter of this game, as was I.

Incorrect. Level 29 in all oranges with all level appropriate mods. One death about 1/3 into a flash point (as a tank) got an 8,800 credit repair bill. That's WAY outta whack with anything a level 29 could reasonably be expected to afford once, let alone multiple times.

This I say is a glitch(assuming that you hadn't accrued repair costs previously and simply neglected to repair them). That's roughly equivalent to what an Assassin in full BH currently pays, and more than what one in Rakata pays currently. That's also totally out of line with what my higher level alts of any class are paying.

He may be obsessive, he may even be offensive, and yeah, one could accuse him of being harsh

.....but he is absolutely correct in his assessment of this debacle. ;p

.....and you didn't go back far enough. Unreal has always been harsh, but he has never been a liar. I can also validate his claim that he was once a staunch supporter of this game, as was I.

FFS if you're both leaving, who am I going to forum-spar with? :(

People are unbelievable.

Complaining about a moderate increase in repair costs for a game that otherwise has NO death penalty is silly--especially in game that gives credits away.

Others have pointed out the plethora of ways these so-called "expensive" repair bills can be paid for with mere minutes of work. The "I have a life" excuse is baseless.

But, again, there is no other death penalty. Had the prices been set where they currently are at launch, no one would have noticed or cared.

However, like everything else, people have to feel entitled.

In the end, it's just another silly excuse people use to drama-queen quit.

This I say is a glitch(assuming that you hadn't accrued repair costs previously and simply neglected to repair them). That's roughly equivalent to what an Assassin in full BH currently pays, and more than what one in Rakata pays currently. That's also totally out of line with what my higher level alts of any class are paying.

Definitely not a glitch. I stop at the repair droid at the entry to every flash point to ensure I'm full up. I didn't have to repair at the start of that one. It's damage from about 1/3 of the instance plus one death. That's it.

I had already heard about the issues on the forums that day, so I paid close attention.

How about you stop trolling? What's your productive value to this thread? He has a point and he's not alone in his complaint. I think it's fair to say the vast majority of players don't dig the changes, so you calling him out achieves what exactly?

I would argue that the vast majority of the players are completely ignorant of the changes. BSN could be a case study for how different the forumites are from the general population. BSN polls roughly 50% of people view the ability to choose another race in the DA series determines a purchase or not, while internal metrics showed that over 90% of players of DA:O only ever played a single human character. To assume that a forum reflects the general population is a precarious position to take at best.

I keep seeing these apocalyptic 'you've lost my subscription' posts. And yet... I keep seeing them.

You do realise that the vast majority of people that have cancelled subscriptions have days left in their subscriber status? Oh wait, you just realised it. You're welcome.

People are unbelievable.

Complaining about a moderate increase in repair costs for a game that otherwise has NO death penalty is silly--especially in game that gives credits away.

Others have pointed out the plethora of ways these so-called "expensive" repair bills can be paid for with mere minutes of work. The "I have a life" excuse is baseless.

But, again, there is no other death penalty. Had the prices been set where they currently are at launch, no one would have noticed or cared.

However, like everything else, people have to feel entitled.

In the end, it's just another silly excuse people use to drama-queen quit.

Have you raided? Do you know how much money in repair bills a raider incurs in a night when they're working on new content?

What's your favorite method of making credits? How many ingame "minutes" does it take you to recover one night's worth of raid progression?

How many level 29 characters do you know - who have ZERO 50's - that can afford 8,800 credit repair bills for each death?

Edited by DarthTHC

Search function, FTW.

Limitations of a substandard search engine. I have pretty much posted daily since 20Dec2011. Not my fault that the full history of the forums is not visable via the search tool presented.

Your "research" is limited and your "causal" linkage is flawed. I did "play the heck" out of the game. I "enjoyed" what I played until I couldn't effectively play anymore. Patch 1.4 degraded my play due to nVidia graphics drivers and the "graphics enhancements" it never returned to pre-1.4 (and somehow around that time new drivers increased my WoW game play go figure ... ). I payed months of subscription after that waiting for a fix. Still to this date I am still in a "hitching" and degraded state. I can only solo, if more than a few people are shooting things I freeze so no war zones for me or ops. While I mainly solo this hasn't been too much of an issue, but I nolonger have the "option" of fully participating in all that SWTOR has to offer. Months of paying a sub. Waiting. Nothing. Now with the FFA PvP and all the jerks that it brings out and the untoward repair costs. How much more time should I give EA/EAware? Yeah I think in the end you and your ilk are the true trolls. You only offer strawmen and paltitudes with no substance for what passes for argument. :cool:

Edited by Urael

Definitely not a glitch. I stop at the repair droid at the entry to every flash point to ensure I'm full up. I didn't have to repair at the start of that one. It's damage from about 1/3 of the instance plus one death. That's it.

I had already heard about the issues on the forums that day, so I paid close attention.

Sorry, wrong terminology, meant a bug, not a glitch one time thing but something wrong that is charging your character for some reason well above the target baseline they meant to establish with this patch.

*EDIT

Actually has anyone else tried repairing in a fp or ops recently and seen unusually high costs? Purple moddable shells have already been identified as one possible cause, might be that repairing in specific locations can also cause higher than desired repair costs.

Edited by Vandicus