LFG system

yes cant get no dungeons done, people in guild are never online and spamming random strangers is not fun, after finnishing the singleplayer quests there was nothing more to do, so only thing to do is end the subscription.

BioWare said it didn't implament a LFD system for PvE because it wants to "build community." So, it's for the good of the PvE player community. Of course, BioWare doesn't feel the need to build "community" for PvP players, because they have a cross-server LFD utility. So suck it up, PvE players, no-LFD is for your own good.

What community is there if you WANT to play with other people but CAN'T?

For instance, yesterday, I came home later than usual and started doing my daily stuff, but it was past peak time on my server. End result: no HM daily, barely 2 WZ in the span of 1h30m, not to mention, no heroic missions.

The excuse BW gave for not having it is not to build a community. They specifically mention that it was to avoid people leveling up via dungeons alone. Which in itself is kinda of weird as you can do it by PVP (and quite a lot of people did).

It's not game breaking for me at this point. 6 month down the road, I really don't know.

An in-server LFG queue might not be a horrible thing, but if you played WoW you'll know that the individual servers themselves mean virtually nothing now; the only reason to even join a guild is if you want to do heroic raids or have a reliable BG premade.

Honestly, levelling in WoW now is a pretty lonely experience because everything can be queued, and there's really no incentive to getting to know someone in an instance that you are very likely to never see again. I like that Old Republic forces you to at least speak with people (if only long enough to say what you're looking for) in order to do group content. It reminds me of old WoW. :(

I would love a Cross server LFG, it makes LFG easier. People are against it, but they are idiots, they just shouldnt use it, let them spend 30 mins looking for a party while i can get in one in seconds.

People complain about building community but i dont see how is spam in chat helping, people say join guilds well that works at times but i gotta go at their time when they want to.

And look, you will encounter idiots no matter what, at lease if you encounter an idiot from another server you can kick them from party, re queue and never see them again.

frankly I never see anyone talking of building a community in the instances that I have done so far. It is not far from a LFG system. The most people say is hello and will whine if someone pulled something accidentally.

if anyone wants a community why not have a guild. But thats just me. I strongly think that there is no community building in spamming for a group for hours.

The so called “community” you dream of is a mirage. I say this because even in a large guild of over 100 people, most don’t regularly speak two sentences with their fellow guild mates. Taking shots at WoW might be fun for fodder, but baseless in the real (business) world. WoW evolved into the system they have today through seven years of trial and error to become the most successful MMO ever. So don’t kid yourself about every other MMO out there wanting to be the next WoW. I’ll bet you dollars to donuts SWTOR Executives would walk over hot coals to have anywhere near 11 million subscribers.

Just a quick question have you even tried to use the LFG comment system that they already have in place?. I never have any trouble finding a group because I can just grab people that put comments up while questing and finish my group instead of just sitting on the fleet spamming.

The current LFG is a gimmick. I want automatic grouping system such as the Warzone one. Whenever the group is formed, ports you to the selected FP. Once you are done, ports you back to where you were. PVPers have this, why can't PVEers?

It needs to be cross-server. I don't want to be penalized for not playing on a high-population server or outside peak hours.

Please, don't come spread the false rumor about how much this ruins the community. There is only one community here, the SWTOR one. If I want to play in a group but can't, what community is there?

If you are afraid of jerks, grow up, they are everywhere. Learn to deal with them. If your group has one, either leave or vote to kick that person. Regardless, you will be able to queue again and do whatever you wanted to do.

The real question is this:

Instead of posting LFG, have you tried posting LFM?

It's a small difference, but I've had far better luck looking for players than looking for groups. No one wants to start them, ergo no one can join one. This is the real problem.

(Would a quene system be nice? Sure. Is it necessary? No. As one of the above posters stated, you can already flag yourself as LFG. It's just that not a lot of people are checking it and forming teams. Ergo, it's a community issue of people being lazy and not forming their own groups. I will admit it could use a better filter system though.)

Edited by SpaceJ

Just a quick question have you even tried to use the LFG comment system that they already have in place?. I never have any trouble finding a group because I can just grab people that put comments up while questing and finish my group instead of just sitting on the fleet spamming.

Yes, I've tried to use the LFG function in the Social window of the UI. You list yourself there and you may enter some information and grouping preferences. After listing yourself, you get a purple icon next to your name. You then have one of two choices; either go back to the Social page from time to time and see who else listed themselves on the social ledger (shades of Logan's Run...?), or you could wait around and hope someone sends you a tell and see if and when you want to group.

The system is clunky and not at all user-friendly. Compared with all of the popular MMO games of today, SWTOR's LFG tool is right out of the Stone Age. BioWare's *reasoning* for their substandard UI is even more bizzarre: to build community. If we take the Devs at their word, then the game designers purposely made it harder for people to team up and enjoy game content so they would spend more time spamming "LFG Directive 7 FP" to build community...? Just what the heck kind of "community" BioWare expect frustrated players to build?

(Would a quene system be nice? Sure. Is it necessary? No. As one of the above posters stated, you can already flag yourself as LFG. It's just that not a lot of people are checking it and forming teams. Ergo, it's a community issue of people being lazy and not forming their own groups. I will admit it could use a better filter system though.)

Don't make the mistake of excusing a SERVICE PROVIDER in providing bad serivces. SWTOR's LFG tool is not at all user-friendly, and in today's MMO environment, players simply wouldn't tolerate clunky social UIs. You could call people names if you like, but the onus is on BioWare if they offer features paying customers don't like.

Edited by Lowenblade

Don't make the mistake of excusing a SERVICE PROVIDER in providing bad serivces. SWTOR's LFG tool is not at all user-friendly, and in today's MMO environment, players simply wouldn't tolerate clunky social UIs. You could call people names if you like, but the onus is on BioWare if they offer features paying customers don't like.

My intention wasn't to call people names, but rather to point out a truth. People are too lazy, or don't know enough about the instances, to form their own teams. This isn't meant as an insult, this game is just new. Watch the general channel and you'll see a thousand LFG's and no LFM's.

If I cry 'LFG' no one responds.

If I cry 'LFM' I get a deluge of tells. (Usually, anyway.)

If you were looking for tips on how to find people to team with, I'm trying to help with information that has consistantly helped me out. Take it or leave it.

(Just to point out, there's currently a video up on the main page showing the new customizable interface. Perhaps it will include some LFG tools as well. If not, the above should work.)

The community that I'm talking about isn't a mirage at all. It existed, once upon a time, pre-Wrath in WoW on the server that I played. Like I said, modern WoW (and I use WoW because it's the only game I've played that had a PvE queue system) has nothing apart from hardmode raids and rated BGs to encourage people to play together for any length of time. WoW was growing in a big way before Activision acquired Blizzard and everything was made to cater to casuals.

Stop and think about your experiences so far in TOR: do you recognize toons outside your own circle of friends (and, if you have one, your guild)? If you've played WoW, is it the same there? A community exists on a server when there's a persistence of dialogue between the players on it; I'd like to see server-specific (realm) forums added to facilitate this further.

WoW was a fun game for me back when it mattered which server you played on apart from end-game raiding, though a lot of other things changed that made it less fun, as well (adding difficulty levels to raids, for example).

YMMV, but I like the direction that the devs chose on this one.

Very frankly community existed in wrath also and I pretty much recognized every decent player who raided on my server, participated in the general char discussions and random chats with friends from time to time.

Running instances is not the only way to build community (and I would argue if it even helps in any good way).

The community that I'm talking about isn't a mirage at all. It existed, once upon a time, pre-Wrath in WoW on the server that I played. Like I said, modern WoW (and I use WoW because it's the only game I've played that had a PvE queue system) has nothing apart from hardmode raids and rated BGs to encourage people to play together for any length of time. WoW was growing in a big way before Activision acquired Blizzard and everything was made to cater to casuals.

Stop and think about your experiences so far in TOR: do you recognize toons outside your own circle of friends (and, if you have one, your guild)? If you've played WoW, is it the same there? A community exists on a server when there's a persistence of dialogue between the players on it; I'd like to see server-specific (realm) forums added to facilitate this further.

WoW was a fun game for me back when it mattered which server you played on apart from end-game raiding, though a lot of other things changed that made it less fun, as well (adding difficulty levels to raids, for example).

YMMV, but I like the direction that the devs chose on this one.

So you want everyone to bow down to your elitist views, is that it? "everything was made to cater to casuals", "back when it mattered which server you played", "adding difficulty levels to raids".

Do I have to be penalized if I'm not playing during the 'right time' at the 'right server'? I don't think so. I felt forced to skip 3-4 mid level FPs because I didn't have the will to stay in Fleet spamming General to (maybe) form a group. And I don't care about semantics of LFG or LFM, really.

Do people that enjoy PVP have to worry about any of this crap (well, now they will start feeling the joys of a 'community' while waiting for a hour to do a single Warzone, just to get trampled by a pre-made)? No. Then why should I have to go to all these loops to do what I like? Why do I have to spend my time forming a group and moving from A to B to do a Flashpoint?

There's only one community, the SWTOR one. Server based communities are a fallacy, a fantasy, a myth. Stop spreading it. At best, you make friends on your guild. At best.

The game needs a cross-server LFG feature for both PVE and PVP content urgently.

I know man. This thing has been posted so many times on forums but unfortunately as of now no feedback from BW.

No feedback? Are you for real? They've said it over and over and over again, that there will be NO LFG system short/mid-term.

The current LFG is a gimmick. I want automatic grouping system such as the Warzone one.

I am confused as to how you would even implement an instanced pvp system without a "queue", since you need a team to play against?

I am confused as to how you would even implement an instanced pvp system without a "queue", since you need a team to play against?

You form you group, manually inviting interested people, you walk up to the PVP instance 'door' for your faction, enter the PVP instance and wait for the opposing faction to form a team and enter. Whenever 2 teams are present, the game begins.

Does this sound absurd to you? Well, that's what grouping for PVE content is.

All I want is the same easy process, such as the one you have for Warzones. Click a button, wait, whenever a group is ready I'm transported to the instance, play the game, go back to wherever I was. As little time wasted as possible.

While I understand the intention of leaving out a dungeon finder of some sort, it's really needed.

I know BW intended to build a community and encourage communication with players, but what they've really done is the opposite. More often that not, it's me and one or two others spamming general/guild chat trying to find a 4th person and we can't, so we have no choice but to abandon the group.

And then sometimes I really feel like grouping up, and after spending 5-10 minutes looking to no avail, I end up getting bored, giving up and logging out.

I'm at level 50 now, so all I really want to do is flashpoints/operations since I'm not a PvP fan at all. But it's damn near impossible to find a group, especially after around 10pm during the week. If there was a cross server queue option then I'd be more than happy to play through some flashpoints with people on US servers when it's late here.

And that's not to mention that even when you can find 3 other people to join you, it's rare that you can find a tank, healer and 2 DPS. Usually it's a tank and 3 DPS and off spec healer or something. Finding a tank for hard mode flashpoints is pretty much unheard of.

This is a pretty high priority complaint for me.

Add better grouping to this game please. I will post in every one of these threads I see because grouping is hurting my gaming experience tremendously.

I don't care what the solution is, but improve it! Right now, its broken.

That's my personal crusade at this moment. Going after every LFG thread to voice the desperate need for a cross server LFG system.