1.3 Character specific legacy perks

Iwipe

The entire legacy system is a bit underwhelming if you ask me. I haven't purchase a single Legacy thing because of the absurd costs. Bioware was so proud presenting it, but to me it was a major disappointment seeing the money costs.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking at the gift one, for a 15% increase in gifts, you need to shell out 250k. At most, this saves you about 1300 affection, assuming you gain NO affection from conversations. So roughly 13 rank 5 blue gifts, 78 per character (5 comps + ship droid). Please correct me if I'm off though, but if I'm adding it up, I'm not seeing this as cost effective, at least on my server, where they run about 3k each for pretty much everything except cultural artifacts. Same with the conversation one.

What is with the long time delay on everything in this game (Emergency Fleet Pass, Transport Pass to Outlaw Den, etc)? Is it going to harm anyone that someone else can move around at decent time, say under 30 min.This would help with load screen as even though I love the game, they are far too many of them .

As other have said a 9 hour timer isn't worth it. It’s same reason I didn’t buy the emergency fleet passes legacy perk, is to useable multiply time in play session to worth it.

To max out one type bonus xp (Flashpoint) it is 275,000 which yes to person who run daily every day, all time that isn’t much, but for other that want play the game (raid, level alts, etc) its lot credit. If you want all bonuses on one character its 1,375,000. If this was for the whole account it wouldn't be so bad, but it isn’t.

It would be nice to get some perk that unlock with just legacy level or if a person want to buy them. The legacy has become just another grind for credit, one that does not seem worth it to me. :mad:

The entire legacy system is a bit underwhelming if you ask me. I haven't purchase a single Legacy thing because of the absurd costs. Bioware was so proud presenting it, but to me it was a major disappointment seeing the money costs.

^This is exactly how I feel .

My overall feel on looking at this is the costs are too high for single character unlocks. I am also disappointed that the crafting unlock appears to be for augments only as I was hoping for general mission crits so it would help with getting the crit missions to find new schematics.

That would have been pretty nice, actually. As it stands, 350k for an extra 3% crit chance just on your crafting profession, and only on stuff that can be augmented, seems a little exorbitant.

Costs definitely need to be reduced: They'd be fine if they were legacy-wide, like the first batch of perks, but for character-specific they're WAY too expensive.

something like 5/10/25/50 K would be reasonable for the EXP-perks, if they are single-character.

Costs definitely need to be reduced: They'd be fine if they were legacy-wide, like the first batch of perks, but for character-specific they're WAY too expensive.

something like 5/10/25/50 K would be reasonable for the EXP-perks, if they are single-character.

^ Yeah that would be a lot more reasonable .

At first I thought level 25 was reasonable because legacy level goes up very fast doing dailies, but then I found out that the exp required for a level starts increasing quite dramatically from level 20 onward so its quite a lot of work.

Yeah I have 2 lvl 50's, one of which I have been using 2-4 hours a day doing PVP and Black Hole - Ilum Dailies, and I am only at Legacy 21, now I gimped myself a little by a. rerolling my main like 3x (for stuipid reasons like I didnt like his name or skin) so it took me a long time to actually start accruing legacy xp and b. I pvp a lot so I am always over leveled on my class quests (meaning until the 50 dailies the ONLY legacy xp I earn is from PVP)

All that to say, I am a dude who has played this game between 1-3 hours a day and 4-6 on weekends pretty much EVERY day since launch. I feel like I should be a lot higher in Legacy. Maybe if they just made so legacy xp never gets nerfed i.e. you get normal legacy xp for killing gray mobs, even if you get no actual xp.

Actually, can see keeping the higher-level perks locked in such a way that it would take most players a while to get them (they presumably want us to keep working on our legacy)

That said, I think having both a prohibitive cost and a very high legacy level is kind of problematic. (

Well, I do wish the quick travel to the Black Hole were a little cheaper, but I guess I'm going to buy it anyway. The cost represents about two hours of doing dailies, which is worth noting since it's probably only saving you about five minutes each time you use it. So basically, you'll have to use it 24 times before you break even on what you paid for it.

Not ridiculous, but I almost just wish this were something we got for free, since if the rest of you are like me, you just like to get your dailies over with as quickly as possible so that you can move on to things you like to do more.

In fact...didn't they originally say these rewards would be awarded with legacy levels, OR with credits - not both?

Yeah, they made it sound like that at the guild summit (I think, that was the event?), which would have made the whole system a lot better, in my opinion. I wouldn't mind having the perks and such even at a higher legacy level over this, as now it has just become a rather annoying credit sink and grind. In this system you tend to just play your 50 over your alts. The race we’re done right- allow those who have the money to buy them, while other could just earn them in game.

Okie, here is my constructive criticism.

Number Uno. The big thing:

Stop complaining!

The legacy system is something that Bioware give us and reading this thread its "underwhelming" there and "all to bad" there. BW won't listen to that cause it's not constructive. The "if I add up all the rank 5 blues it would take to cover the 15% it costs XYZ and it costs 250k (way more) to get the bonus" is constructive. That's the type of arguments we need.

Okie, now for my reflections (aimed at Bioware, hope you read it):

Improved experience ranks:

Notes/reflections: It helps a lot and for those doing lots of Space missions/PvP or Flashpoints it can be a huge bonus, but the Class quest is a limited set of quests and Explore is a limited number of areas - you cannot affect them as you can with the other three categories.

I would consider a lower price for Class quests and Exploration compared to the other three.

I do miss the "Improved exp from non-class quests". I would have loved that :D

Cost: Sensible, but Class quests and Exploration are too limited and should be lowered IMHO.

Legacy level: As far as the Legacy level is concerned, it's a bit high, but it's OK. Check the amount of chars on Legacy level 25 or more, guess you can do that easily, and see if that high a level is realistic.

Legacy of Altruism/Legacy of Persuation (companion gifts/costs):

Notes/reflections: Well, it's been pointed out by several people in this thread that the gain you get is not at all comparable to the cost. I assume you didn't think this through 100% when you set the prices and made a mistake.

Cost: Way to expensive compared to what it cost to buy (or fix) the gifts. Consider slicing the cost way down. I think that even if you made these Legacy perks account wide, these prices are still too high meaning that you have to put them at less than 14% of today, so I guess 10% of the price is reasonable - sorry BW.

Legacy level: Seems reasonable.

Legacy of Crafting:

Notes/reflections: No notes. Perhaps consider fixing an account wide version.

Cost: Seems great.

Legacy level: No problem.

Legacy of Leadership:

Notes/reflections: No notes. Perhaps consider fixing an account wide version.

Cost: Seems great.

Priority Transport:

Notes/reflections: Okie, the 18 hours on the Emergency Fleet Pass is OK since you can buy other fleet passes with much lower cool down. But here you cannot. Ranks perhaps? Shared 9 hour rank 1, shared 4 hour rank 2 and individual 4 hour on rank 3?

Cost: Generously low apart from Black Hole which might be a bit high. Half price would be generous, lower than that would be awesome, so maybe 150k? 120k?

Legacy level: A bit low. I don't have access to the amount of people on different Legacy levels, but it seems to me that 10 is waaaay low. Seems like 12, 15 or 18 would be better. 20 will be too high, I agree. I would probably set it to 15.

Field repair droid:

Notes/reflections: Wonderful! Thanks! I wanted this! Someone in this thread asked if it can be used everywhere and I must say that I assume you can summon it absolutely everywhere (questing, FP, Fleet, op, own ship, everywhere), anything else would surprise me greatly. An answer to that question would be awesome.

Cost: It's not cheap. Aouch. But it's definitely reasonable. Since it's a single char thing I would really love to see the prices a bit lower, but - hey... It's OK

Field Respecialization:

Notes/reflections: I love you, I love you, I love you! But seriously? NO cool down? I would actually suggest a 15 minute cool down to prevent switching spec super fast. Maybe even 30 minutes. But sure. I'll take no cool down if you insist. :D

Cost: OHHHH, cheap! This will be on all my chars.

Legacy level: *gasp* 10? I thought this would have like 30 or 40. I think 10 is waaaaay too low. Double it. At least.

End comments: I think you have done a good job with the Legacy system. It's pretty cool and it's an addition without being too cumbersome or complex. I like it. Overall it's something to look forward too.

Though you really have to rethink the Companion things. That's not priced right.

Thank you kindly for reading all this way.

I have to go with SithEmpress on this.

I don't particularly have any major problems with the pricing or legacy level requirements, but I do have a bit of an issue with the way it's implemented. The only way in which it even vaguely fits into the legacy system is that it works off of the "financial legacy" of your other characters, which I think is a bit of a weak connection.

I would be a much bigger fan of this is they functioned more like the 1.2 legacy unlocks. Having the option to buy them with credits earlier (per-character or for the whole account, I wouldn't mind), or to work on your legacy level or some other in-game feat and unlock them that way. Obviously that means that a legacy-level unlock would be account based, so setting the legacy level requirements higher would be no bad thing, and would also give a purpose to having a legacy level beyond 30. Mine is 38, and I haven't been trying to get it high, I've just been playing atls when I feel like it and doing dailies for the cash.

Indeed. The credit costs and cool downs times need to be reduced a lot.

Well since the server seems to have crashed, here's my thoughts as someone whose main is level 37 and legacy level 1. Experience buffs are only useful when leveling. They should be as useful to everyone, regardless of whether they are leveling 8 characters at the same rate or 1 character exclusively.

I think the buffs should have their costs slashed to a 10th and legacy level requirements set to between 1-5. They should also maybe be account wide, but if someone wants to opt-out one of their characters maybe they could only apply to characters that are part of the extended legacy family tree.

I don't know if I agree with the costs exactly, but I do agree that current costs are FAR too high. Even being fairly picky about which ones you want, if you start picking up the top level bonus for even a single alt, it will add up. FAST. These costs should break the bank of the alt itself, not that of the sugar daddy supporting character that's been level 50 and actively played since February.

I haven't been able to download the PTS patch yet... so can someone answer something:

Do you have to buy/train the speeder skill in addition to the early speeder legacy perk? Or does the legacy perk grant that skill automatically?

I haven't been able to download the PTS patch yet... so can someone answer something:

Do you have to buy/train the speeder skill in addition to the early speeder legacy perk? Or does the legacy perk grant that skill automatically?

I believe you need to purchase the speeder skill in addition

Haven't had my characters copied over yet, so I haven't been able to test the legacy stuff. From what I've read here and in other threads, though, I can't see myself ever purchasing any of the new legacy perks. The few I'd be interested in seem pretty pointless if they only apply to one character.

While I can understand why some perquisites make more sense to offer on a character-by-character basis (for example, one might not want all of his characters to benefit from increased experience gain), there are other perks that for the life of me, I can't figure out why anybody wouldn't want them for all of their characters. Mostly, I'm talking about the Convenience features, which are:

• the field repair droid
  • the field mailbox
  • field respecialization

I guess the idea is they can offer these things at a lower cost if they're granted character-by-character, but we all know these costs are more or less completely arbitrary anyway. While it's not a big deal to log in to each character and purchase these convenience features on each one, I still think they should simply be placed under the "Other" section of the "Global Unlocks" category. If you think any of these features is a good idea, you think it's a good idea for all of your characters.

Just my two cents on that.

Btw, someone pointed out something that I didn't notice before. the Priority transport: Fleet vanguard vessle actually shares a cooldown with the emergency fleet pass (18 hrs) and ports you to the vessel for operations supposedly.. Not too bad for 50k I gues.

Too bad the increased sprint won't make it heh. Not that I'm surprised it got cut heh.

All in all I'm dissapointed with the legacy system implementation. I expected a seperate progression system. I dunno, get a point every legacy level and spend the points on your "legacy spec".... but it turned out into a glorified credit sink. Sad. Could have been so much more.

Edited by aeterno