Not Your Ordinary - PvP Videos

Polymerize

This 100%. Plenty of rateds go on and yeah the population of us that actually do or want to do rateds is small but it's not a hard thing to do. My sin has been doing pug rateds since it got geared just for the sake of comms.

I'm pretty sure I could spam pvp chat too and get a kickball group going in game atm.

And look at all the people who care. You want a trophy? I guess its too much to ask for you to stop derailing the thread at this point? Someone broke the breaks.

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And look at all the people who care. You want a trophy? I guess its too much to ask for you to stop derailing the thread at this point? Someone broke the breaks.

Well you keep caring enough to respond.

Tell me something.

How does someone who came into a game for the pvp cry about the lack of competitive pvp then when it is finally given not participate in it and then claim "leet" status?

You can't quite claim leet status.

If you watch my videos, I won't even try - sadly, I have photographic evidence of being not so leet. :(

Still, back on topic - let's talk about donkeys!

...Ok, it's only minor dyslexia. Really back on topic: how about them PvP videos?

If you watch my videos, I won't even try - sadly, I have photographic evidence of being not so leet. :(

Still, back on topic - let's talk about donkeys!

...Ok, it's only minor dyslexia. Really back on topic: how about them PvP videos?

Well then at least you're not posting videos and going "HURR DURR LOOK HOW LEET I AM, TELL ME WHAT I DID WRONG! PROTIP: YOU CAN"T"

I'd actually bother to critique game play if you posted a video and said yeah sure you're not the best and you think you're good but watch my video's and help me out here I want to get better.

Well then at least you're not posting videos and going "HURR DURR LOOK HOW LEET I AM, TELL ME WHAT I DID WRONG! PROTIP: YOU CAN"T"

I'd actually bother to critique game play if you posted a video and said yeah sure you're not the best and you think you're good but watch my video's and help me out here I want to get better.

I agree Xerain. By the very nature of PvP, there's always a better contender out there. By showing what we do in a match, not in a 'ZOMG I AM T3H 1337!' way, we also grow as players. I've actually re-watched my recent Huttball match, and noticed that I've grown way to reliant on Combat Support Cell/Hammer Shot. On top of that, it's now two matches in a row, I could've given an ally possibly two additional seconds of life by simply continuing to spam CSC/HS. The match before that (that is, the one that didn't get made, though I have the recording), I made a simple discovery - Stock Strike before the repelling pulse, for max damage in a (short) melee encounter.

I like growth, and I like people who are a little further up the tree to look at what I've done and say their piece. One day, I'll be there, and it'll be some new, snot-nosed kid who won't realize that in 1.6 the Commando was a totally gimped class, or that at the time Scoundrels were arguably the best PvP healers. I'll have to help them become a better player so we can all enjoy closer, and thus more fun, matches.

Edited by Asvarduil

Well you keep caring enough to respond.

Tell me something.

How does someone who came into a game for the pvp cry about the lack of competitive pvp then when it is finally given not participate in it and then claim "leet" status?

lolwut? Do you even read what you write before you post? You are the stereotypical self proclaimed l337 pl4y3rz. (See I can do it too) At this point I'm starting to think you're aware that you are trolling. At least I would hope. In any case, stop trolling the thread. Discuss the videos, or get out. It's as simple as that.

Been busy with real life. Ill elaborate on the 1-minute clip and respond to some posts tmrw.

I don't support this thread any longer. Too many douchebags have apparently subscribed to it, bleeding their bullsh*t everywhere.

You talk about rated this and rated that. I've already said that rateds are garbage in the sense that the level of gameplay does not reach even a modicum of what I'd be able to exhibit by forming a rated team so tell me more about how special you are if you participate in rateds and Ill you more about how I could care less.

Been busy with real life. Ill elaborate on the 1-minute clip and respond to some posts tmrw.

I don't support this thread any longer. Too many douchebags have apparently subscribed to it, bleeding their bullsh*t everywhere.

You talk about rated this and rated that. I've already said that rateds are garbage in the sense that the level of gameplay does not reach even a modicum of what I'd be able to exhibit by forming a rated team so tell me more about how special you are if you participate in rateds and Ill you more about how I could care less.

And that's how anybody that is on Po5 knows you're full of bull*****. I've seen you and played against you in regs, so unless you would be letting somebody take your spot as the sin tank/dps then your mythical team would only be up one very average sin. However, with lines like that you surely do have a future in comedy because when I saw it, I burst out in laughter.

Edited by Azarai

Meh don't worry about these guys, they're just mad. There are people on my own server who like to throw around "rateds" as something for "pros" when in reality the people they fight in there are bad and they think they are good because they can beat them. Just nerds raging and always throwing around their "OMG I HAVE 4k RATING BROSKI" talk as if that is an indication of skill. Its the same story with the PvE nerds who want to call "server first" for killing something. They measure their success by these factors, which is why they will always be angry. To them its not a video game, arguing with them is pointless because its very difficult for them to see the truth and stop.

Sometimes I wonder if the people who do rated are limited to 10% of their normal power while playing unrated WZ, because otherwise the leaderboard might explode from their sheer power.

No, going from rateds to regs is a lesson in humility. A reality check. We have a guild on our server who likes to act as if they're the top pvp guild. Yet all they do is fight the same team that isn't as coordinated as they are, over and over again. They won't step foot into regs, becuase when they do they usually get destroyed, especially when premading. They're not used to unknown factors or variety in skill, only limited exposure fighting players who do the same rotation, so to speak, again and again.

Basically when you're so used to only fighting in one set condition for a long period of time, you forget how to fight in conditions that are always changing.

Symptoms you've arrived at this point include:

-Not queueing in regs in fear of losing to those deemed inferior, but acting as if the reason is because you're more advanced than them at pvp.

-Using terms like "leet" and "pro" when describing oneself.

- Bragging about rating as if its indicative of skill

- Challenging other players with your ranked team, rather than an individual basis. For example, player A kills player B in a warzone.

Player B: You can't beat me, get 8 people and queue for ranked lets go!

Player A: Why can't you fight me alone?

Player B: Yeah you noob I'm so leet I can beat you, you so scared rawr!

This behavior is evident throughout this thread, it can be observed in the players who continually troll the OP.

Edited by PoliteAssasin

I recently resubbed after taking a break at 1.2 to check things out, and have been pleasantly surprised by the general standard of pvp pugging.

Stealth play has been confusing me though, I keep ending up in groups with lurkers who stalk the map contributing almost nothing. The o.p.'s vids. at least offer me a glimpse of what's going on in these players heads.

In fact watching them was so frustrating that they have inspired me to dust off my big fat Assassin and take him out for a spin.

Put a few notes into the match w/ the Casual Premade.

First time using annotations. It is really clunky.

It does not look good with the video but that is not the point so try to deal with it, lol. It is hard to elaborate on each and every moment; not enough space to type - lots of words cover up the video.

Future videos will have better annotations; I am learning. I hope my thought process during the video is a tad more clear, although it is hard to display even with annotations.

Are you saying you suck so much that if you made a rated team it would just get destroyed because I bet that's what will happen.

Form your team up and queue and go see how rateds go for you man. Do 10 games and get a rating lets see how well you do. I want to see how well you do at a higher level of play.

No, going from rateds to regs is a lesson in humility. A reality check. We have a guild on our server who likes to act as if they're the top pvp guild. Yet all they do is fight the same team that isn't as coordinated as they are, over and over again. They won't step foot into regs, becuase when they do they usually get destroyed, especially when premading. They're not used to unknown factors or variety in skill, only limited exposure fighting players who do the same rotation, so to speak, again and again.

Basically when you're so used to only fighting in one set condition for a long period of time, you forget how to fight in conditions that are always changing.

-Not queueing in regs in fear of losing to those deemed inferior, but acting as if the reason is because you're more advanced than them at pvp.

- Challenging other players with your ranked team, rather than an individual basis. For example, player A kills player B in a warzone.

This behavior is evident throughout this thread, it can be observed in the players who continually troll the OP.

Lol what? Most of the rated players I know when it regs all they do is TDM anyways and winning and losing is never a problem.

What was that post I quoted also about people leaving regs right away or half the teams being full of people with like 23k hp currently. Yeah so competitive guys. so competitive in regs.

Lol what? Most of the rated players I know when it regs all they do is TDM anyways and winning and losing is never a problem.

What was that post I quoted also about people leaving regs right away or half the teams being full of people with like 23k hp currently. Yeah so competitive guys. so competitive in regs.

Already mentioned that none of the games I've recorded have been against bad players. Your point is moot.

Edited by Polymerize

I've found that people who obviously do rated don't even do that good in unrated unless they're running some particularly hard to counter formations for the average PUG, like double smashers. In fact if you go with the heavy heals, that's easily countered becuase a bad player can still heal decent too when he's guarded so the PUG isn't really too worried about being outclassed there. Invariably the rated players tend to ignore there are 4 other guys on their side and just let them die, and wonder why they get pummeled 8 on 4 when they have never healed anyone that doesn't have the same guildtag. Of course at this point the rated players rationalize that it's clearly because those 4 guys sucked and just died, never mind that there are often no healers in those 4, nor should there be one if the premade have say 2 healers out of their 4 (not an unusual formation).

Of course this is also self-fulfilling. If I only heal the guys with the same guildtag/premade as I do obviously those guys will almost always have better performance than other guys due to the fact I'm healing them. But right now, it's hard for any player to contribute the worth of 2 players even in idealized situation (e.g. Smasher on Voidstar versus 2 medicore DPS, the latter will still usually win). While you certainly shouldn't expect your PUG teammates to be awesome, letting them die immediately is a sure way to lose because nobody can fight 4on8 and even have a chance at winning.

Are you saying you suck so much that if you made a rated team it would just get destroyed because I bet that's what will happen.

Form your team up and queue and go see how rateds go for you man. Do 10 games and get a rating lets see how well you do. I want to see how well you do at a higher level of play.

If Overdoser starts playing again I will try to get a Rated team going. Otherwise, nah. He's the only person in the game, that I know; who knows how to play the game at the highest of levels.

Edited by Polymerize

I've found that people who obviously do rated don't even do that good in unrated unless they're running some particularly hard to counter formations for the average PUG, like double smashers. In fact if you go with the heavy heals, that's easily countered becuase a bad player can still heal decent too when he's guarded so the PUG isn't really too worried about being outclassed there. Invariably the rated players tend to ignore there are 4 other guys on their side and just let them die, and wonder why they get pummeled 8 on 4 when they have never healed anyone that doesn't have the same guildtag. Of course at this point the rated players rationalize that it's clearly because those 4 guys sucked and just died, never mind that there are often no healers in those 4, nor should there be one if the premade have say 2 healers out of their 4 (not an unusual formation).

Of course this is also self-fulfilling. If I only heal the guys with the same guildtag/premade as I do obviously those guys will almost always have better performance than other guys due to the fact I'm healing them. But right now, it's hard for any player to contribute the worth of 2 players even in idealized situation (e.g. Smasher on Voidstar versus 2 medicore DPS, the latter will still usually win). While you certainly shouldn't expect your PUG teammates to be awesome, letting them die immediately is a sure way to lose because nobody can fight 4on8 and even have a chance at winning.

When I see you post, I ignore it. Stop please.

Already mentioned that none of the games I've recorded have been against bad players. Your point is moot.

But you're still failing to see that a rated dynamic is a lot more competitive than a reg dynamic. No reg game has ever put me on the edge of my seat and made me work all that hard for a win.

Heads up, homies. I -never- said REGs were more competitive than RATEDs. You are putting words in my mouth.

I hold the belief that gameplay is not near as high as it could/should be in RATEDs. I've been in a lot of good REG matches on POT5.

I'm tired of having this conversation. This is not why I made this thread. Go make your own thread and fill it with simple minded BS and leave mine alone.

Edited by Polymerize

Heads up, homies. I -never- said REGs were more competitive than RATEDs. You are putting words in my mouth.

I hold the belief that gameplay is not near as high as it could/should be in RATEDs. I've been in a lot of good REG matches on POT5.

I'm tired of having this conversation. This is not why I made this thread. Go make your own thread and fill it with simple minded BS and leave mine alone.

Xerain is a troll. He will post to disagree with you if you say the sun rises in the east, and that is why we love his emo ***. I agree with the OP you can have some fun and competitive games in regs on POT5, and rateds are not popping no matter what people claim. I pvp all day long and look for my enjoyment where I can find it. If rated wzs only pop after 10 pm than I will have my fun in regs.

Xerain is a troll. He will post to disagree with you if you say the sun rises in the east, and that is why we love his emo ***. I agree with the OP you can have some fun and competitive games in regs on POT5, and rateds are not popping no matter what people claim. I pvp all day long and look for my enjoyment where I can find it. If rated wzs only pop after 10 pm than I will have my fun in regs.

Aye. In the evenings, you can usually bet on about a 70% chance of having a pretty solid game.

Recorded some matches tonight but was not on my Sin much. Hoping to get some new videos in tmrw. Cheers.