Browsing GTN shouldn't log anyone out?

Camthylion

How about giving a alert before it kicks us back to the login screen? This is my only gripe with the game right now. I can't count how many times I have been booted to character screen while browsing GTN or using calculator and trying to sell my goods. Someone out there has to agree if you're being active on GTN don't boot?

I certainly agree, but I don't see it as a major problem. All I do is hit the spacebar or pan the camera around every once in a while. Both count as being active and at keyboard.

You do get a small warning though, in the chat window. Obviously this isn't where our attention is placed in these situations. :p

ETA: What I'd like to see, is the ability to set the time before getting booted, or disable it entirely. Options are good. :)

Edited by Eiter

you know, you CAN avoid being logged out by just MOVING AROUND with your fingers on WSAD every now and again ... or just do that stupid stuff that all the gold farmer bots always do near mailboxes.... they "jump (spacebar) every few minutes .... except you are going to need to do this manually (which is what i do so i dont get logged out when i am browsing GTN) lol

And so yeah FYI ... I dont think the devs would take kindly to macro-ing which is a violation of TOS.

What I currently do, about once a minute, is hit the up and down arrow key once each, which will move you forward and back but not get you so far away as to drop you from the gtn window. Then you've indicated to the server that you're still active.

That is EXACTLY what i do and have been doing while on GTN or in any other involved window (banks and so on) lol