Legacy and Species Unlock -- Same thing? No?

Xina_LA

I got burned buying a Legacy Unlock Speeder Piloting 1 that only unlocked SP1 for one character.

Not so Legacy after all. Now I'm a bit gun shy.

So I see these...

Species Unlock: Togruta

Species Unlock: Cathar

Legacy Unlock: Miraluka

Legacy Unlock: Rattataki, Chiss, Cyborg, Mirialan, and Sith Pureblood

So... Legacy Unlock... really for all toons?

And Species Unlock... what's the difference here?

Thanks!

Legacy Unlock is available for all the species that were available at launch (Human, Cyborg, Zabrak, Twi'lek, Miraluka, Mirialan, Sith Pureblood, Chiss, and Rattataki)

Check your legacy to see which species are legacy unlocks. You can unlock those either by starting a new character with one (some species are only availalbe for certain classes) and levelling them up to 50, or by a credit or CC unlock. (1.5 mil credits to unlock if I'm remembering right).

These species will unlock for your legacy, not your account (so unlocks on 1 server only). Which mean if you start a new legacy on another server you will NOT have these species unlocked on that server.

The non-vanilla species added later in the game are not available to unlock through your legacy but are availlable with the cartel market unlock (cathar, togruta, and eventually nautolan). These unlocks are account-wide, meaning they are available for your entire account, not just one legacy on one server.

Edited by LD_Little_Dragon

Yea, I almost did the same thing but I am almost always weary of buying things that I think work one way but am not sure. I thankfully checked what was included in that buy and saw that it said for one character and I was like "No thank you". Same with mounts. If it doesn't apply to whole Legacy I am not even bothering with it.

I got burned buying a Legacy Unlock Speeder Piloting 1 that only unlocked SP1 for one character.

So I see these...

Thanks!

The Legacy unlocks can be done via your Legacy and lists the requirements in the legacy window. Cathar and Togruta have to be unlocked via the CM unlock and cannot be unlocked in game.

So I see these...

Thanks!

The wording on some of these unlocks can be very misleading, and there has been many posts about it. The species unlocks you buy from the cartel work for your legacy once unlocked, ie, for the server you are on, not all servers, and every char you create on that server after the unlock. Now if you transfer a toon, and bring the new legacy with it, some things do cross over, but not sure about the spieces unlocks.