Aric Jorgan Looks Aweful, What Did Bioware Do?

AlaricSevGirl

I like how I'm the only one who admits that Arc is just plain ugly. It doesn't matter what skin they upgrade or down grade. He's just plain ugly.

I believe that his relative unattractive-ness is part of his charm. He's not a typical male romance option in the game. He's not conventionally handsome and he's pretty much a jerk to the Trooper from the get go. But for female Troopers who choose to romance him, he grows on them. The more they progress his story and find out about him, the better he starts to look. I can't imagine using a modded look for Jorgan on my female Trooper. From jerk to husband he's always had one look and I want it back.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dev Post

This is indeed a bug and not an intended change. There was a data error that I mistakenly introduced back when we were working on putting Cathar in. It's the reason the Cathar color 1 is broken as well. We fixed it prior to release of course, but unfortunately, stomping out data errors like these can be particularly hard to remove when in such a parallel development environment like ours. All it took was missing one place, and eventually, the error crept back in with this latest patch.

So, I'd like to apologize for Jorgan's untimely sickness. I will work my magic and heal him and other poor sick Cathar for 2.2.2.

I'm not 100% convinced that the actual face shape is different. Color and shading can make drastic differences very easily. (Ever see someone with really great skull makeup on, for instance?)

However, I decided to do a little comparing. It seems all the fur colors are off, not just the original standard Jorgan. The under-eye area is also way too dark for some reason, regardless of customization.

I didn't have screenshots of the old/non-bugged looks, so I snagged this one off a fan site:

Jorgan's customizations as he looked before.

My own screenshot of Jorgan's standard/normal face.

My own screenshot of customization 2.

Now, here's how some of those look in-game today:

Regular Jorgan, no customization: Close up and on fleet.

Blue Jorgan, customization 4: Close up and on fleet.

Spotty Jorgan, customization 2: On fleet (could not get a good close up.. no ship yet on this one).

So... if you compare the jaw angle and some of the oblique portrait shots, ignoring the color, it looks like his head might still be still shaped correctly. However, the color and shading, even with customizations on is undeniably very, very wrong. Also, if you look at the jawline, he has some very strange lumpiness going on -- I think that's probably supposed to be ruffled fur, but it was not there before (except, perhaps, in customization 3).

EDIT: I see that we have a BW response now, but I'm still posting this in case the issues with customizations and the jawline fur still being different can help at all.

This is indeed a bug and not an intended change. There was a data error that I mistakenly introduced back when we were working on putting Cathar in. It's the reason the Cathar color 1 is broken as well. We fixed it prior to release of course, but unfortunately, stomping out data errors like these can be particularly hard to remove when in such a parallel development environment like ours. All it took was missing one place, and eventually, the error crept back in with this latest patch.

So, I'd like to apologize for Jorgan's untimely sickness. I will work my magic and heal him and other poor sick Cathar for 2.2.2.

That's a relief. Thanks so much for letting us know and for working on the fix!

Horray! Thank you! My FemTrooper will just close the door to the weapons locker and lock it until 2.2.2. Because, you know, he might be a Skrull or something. Can't be too safe.

Can you please clarify whether this fix is simply changing his fur color (as with players' Cathar fur color 1), or are you actually bringing back his original appearance with the original model?

Edited by Jenzali

Thank you for the timely response :3

YYYAYYYYYY!!!!!! THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU Kathryn Long!!! My heart just leapt out of my throat when I read your response just now!!!!! Just gotta hang in there till July 9th when the next patch is due ... OMG I can't wait to have Aric back to normal again!! WOOO HOOOO!!!

Happy to read this, thanks! Glad I have the Sith Warrior story to record until this is fixed.

Edited by LtGeneralGezlin

I'm still not convinced. Judging from the (unclear) wording in Kathryn's post, and how Jorgan will be healed "along with the other sick Cathar", it sounds to me more like his original appearance isn't actually being restored but rather his fur will just be made darker.

... but unfortunately, stomping out data errors like these can be particularly hard to remove when in such a parallel development environment like ours.

This peaked my curiosity.

Does this mean different development teams create content using different builds of the game, and kind of slap them together in a patch?

An example scenario: The CM folks are probably using the most current build of the game, while someone nailing down a bug fix from two patches ago has an update to go live, and another guy has a fix from the last patch. Patch day comes around, and you have 3 different "updates" for a single patch. Some code will other parts and cause problems.

Is this the reason why we have reoccurring bugs, patch notes for fixes that aren't actually fixed.

I'm still not convinced. Judging from the (unclear) wording in Kathryn's post, and how Jorgan will be healed "along with the other sick Cathar", it sounds to me more like his original appearance isn't actually being restored but rather his fur will just be made darker.

I looked at Jorgan as he is now in the game, and looked at an old recording I made a few months ago, And I can't see a difference in his original model. Just the change in his fur color. Am I missing something?

I looked at Jorgan as he is now in the game, and looked at an old recording I made a few months ago, And I can't see a difference in his original model. Just the change in his fur color. Am I missing something?

Comparison between two screenshots of mine, before and after change.

http://i.imgur.com/ZzwSzXG.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/yN7gGhJ.jpg

It seems to me the change goes far beyond just fur color. His face, eyes, teeth, ears, and overall facial structure seem quite different. Here's a closeup of the original Jorgan, with teeth showing: http://i.imgur.com/kGPsvx3.jpg You can see he has fangs rather than human teeth.

My question to Kathryn is, are his original features (fangs, eyes, etc.) gone forever to be replaced "new" Cathar look? If so, are there any plans to add a customization kit so we can use his original features?

Edited by Jenzali

Comparison between two screenshots of mine, before and after change.

http://i.imgur.com/ZzwSzXG.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/yN7gGhJ.jpg

It seems to me the change goes far beyond just fur color. His face, eyes, teeth, ears, and overall facial structure seem quite different. Here's a closeup of the original Jorgan, with teeth showing: http://i.imgur.com/kGPsvx3.jpg You can see he has fangs rather than human teeth.

My question to Kathryn is, are his original features (fangs, eyes, etc.) gone forever to be replaced "new" Cathar look? If so, are there any plans to add a customization kit so we can use his original features?

Actually they look the same... only difference is he is talking in the "new" screenshot.

Get two screens from the same point in the game and we can talk...

unless game update 2.2.2 is this coming tuesday, it is unacceptable as a time frame, if anything, you guys at bioware could very well make a patch for this and name it 2.2.1a for all i care, just fix the cathar's fur color #1 asap.

I saw the thread title and i just figured the OP was just overreacting. I dont play my commando a lot, but i thought i would check it out.

The OP wasnt overreacting....Jorgan looks like a dang zombie. I dont use any customizations for him cause i think his default look if good enough. Area under his eyes are too dark, and the upper half of his head looks like skin but the bottom half is white.

I used the default too & loved it. I do hope Jorgan is rightfully changed back to the same exact untouched original version that he used to be (Of course for those who picked other skins, I hope those are fixed as well). I just came back to the game not too long ago & I had no idea plans were being made to change his appearance. His old look is something that all of us became used to, it's like a best friend getting a botched plastic surgery, it's just awful! He looks like a sickly old Cathar :( I don't care what players are able to do with their own looks, that should have nothing to do with how Jorgan looks. I could care less about Jorgan having fluffier hair, seriously that should be an option we can turn off if we wish, I want my old Jorgan back please. :3<3

I put the customization kit #4 on him that you can get from the security key vendor in the Republic Fleet, and while it's not the Jorgan I love, it's a hell of a lot better than what they gave us. Hope they fix it soon, but until then, I'm sure I'll learn to love this look now that I can look at him without wanting to throw up. Edited by Ravenna_Flynn
adding more

Oh i hope he will get better soon. He now looks really awful :( . Trooper always was my favorite class story, and Aric my fav companion, but now he looks just awful. Poor thing.

This is still a problem. I logged in today, and while Aric's default coloring is back to normal, his overall features still look sickly and abnormally thin.

Was this not part of the bug? Several people asked for clarification as to whether we were getting our old Jorgan back in this patch, and none was given. Does this mean we will not be getting Jorgan back to normal?

Please, someone let us know. Jorgan is a vital part (and for some, a favorite part) of playing as a Trooper, and we want him back as soon as possible.

This is still a problem. I logged in today, and while Aric's default coloring is back to normal, his overall features still look sickly and abnormally thin.

Was this not part of the bug? Several people asked for clarification as to whether we were getting our old Jorgan back in this patch, and none was given. Does this mean we will not be getting Jorgan back to normal?

Please, someone let us know. Jorgan is a vital part (and for some, a favorite part) of playing as a Trooper, and we want him back as soon as possible.

Aric Jorgan still looks off, I agree that we need the original Aric Jorgan back. Why force the players to look at a different companion, this does not seem like our Aric that we are used to! The original cathar look is more appealing to me than the revamped version for players & Aric IMO, the fur just makes Aric look at bit rugged & too rough now. Aric looks like he has bags under his eyes due to the darker unblended color underneath & he looks like he is wearing dark lipstick now when before his lips were a lighter nude color. The colors still seem to be a bit off. It was a bad idea to change Aric Jorgan & it was a bad idea not to give the players an option to toggle the new look off if we desire! Please of all things holy & good change our Aric back!!!!!

Edited by Borgkitten