Flashpoint Loot

So a friend and I were having a discussion about how the loot works in flashpoints. He thinks that it is just random stuff that drops but I think that the loot that drops is always relevant to the people that are in the flashpoint (i.e a group with only jedi in it are not going to see a blaster drop). Can anyone clarify this for us please.

No, all flashpoints are meant to drop class-appropriate loot, but sometimes the system screws up and drops the wrong thing. To check this, do a few solo runs of low-level flashpoints like BT or SLS. 9 times out of 10, the drops will be for your class, which would be extremely unlikely if it were just random.

Trash greens are trash greens, completely random. Zone-drop blues seem to be random as well.

Edited by theStirge

Not ture, wish it were. I did a normal mode FP with all inquisitors and got a couple warrior drops. :p

Yes, like I said, sometimes the system screws up. Aside from your couple of warrior drops, everything else was for inquisitors, right? No agent or hunter drops? Most of the time, the drops will be class-appropriate. (And hey, at least for you guys, you could use the warrior gear for Khem.)

I think the check, not drop gear for classes not present, is done for operations only

I remember several times where some BH gear dropped with no BH present on the group when doing flashpoints

I really need to go find the posts where they introduced this feature so I can link them, since people are apparently not listening.

All flashpoints, whether story mode or hard mode, are supposed to drop class-appropriate gear.

The system does not work perfectly and will occasionally drop gear for classes that are not present.

I did 10 solo runs of the Black Talon in a row on my Juggernaut, and I ended up with 5 pieces that were not Juggernaut gear. 5 out of 46 drops(got 6 non-boss zone drops) in a completely random drop system is almost impossibly low. I have some theories about what might cause the discrepancies, but I'm not a programmer so I can't really say, but the system is designed to drop only class-appropriate gear in all flashpoints, it's just slightly broken.

• Dev Post
Hi everyone! You may be interested in the answer from David Hunt in this Q&A from June, where he describes how loot is determined in the various parts of the game. It's quite a long answer and has a lot of details about how the loot you get is determined. The short answer is that, yes, class very frequently factors into the loot you receive, but you aren't guaranteed an item for a class that is present.