Updated Formulae for Stat Values in 2.0

KeyboardNinja

So power or main stat? Especially on augments...

As the bonus damage contribution hasn't changed (AFAIK), the crit portion on mainstat couple with the +% increasing buff (and talents) should still make mainstat better than power, point per point.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

going main stat or power depends on your base dps (before crit, surge, alacrity, power, mainstat etc) and how much crit you get from skill/buffs etc...

i think before they changed the crit equation i found that if you got more than 8% buff to mainstat, you should go main stat...and this number increases with increased amount of crit boost to abilities... so if you get 20% boost to your crit chance, then u need 11% buff to main stat to make main stat better than power.

but everything depends on everything in the model im using, so your boost to surge would also affect this number, and since surge trades with alacrity and accuracy, those boost will change the amount of surge that is optimal

etc etc etc

going main stat or power depends on your base dps (before crit, surge, alacrity, power, mainstat etc) and how much crit you get from skill/buffs etc...

i think before they changed the crit equation i found that if you got more than 8% buff to mainstat, you should go main stat...and this number increases with increased amount of crit boost to abilities... so if you get 20% boost to your crit chance, then u need 11% buff to main stat to make main stat better than power.

but everything depends on everything in the model im using, so your boost to surge would also affect this number, and since surge trades with alacrity and accuracy, those boost will change the amount of surge that is optimal

etc etc etc

Ok so under this Sniper MM build I get:

--+9% main stat

--+3% Ranged and Tech Crit Chance

--+3% Ranged and Tech Accuracy

--+4% Crit Chance to Snipe, Series of Shots and Follow Through (main bread and butter Sniper attacks)

--+15% Crit Chance to Series of Shots and Takedown (Sniper execute ability)

--+30% increase to crit damage to Series of Shots and Takedown

I presume that because of the 9% increase to mainstat that I should augment main stat, correct? Should I put the rest into power? What about crit and surge?

after buff you get 14% to mainstat, so you should definatly go main stat for all augments. in terms of crit vs. power, i honestly think they made it so there is around a 2% difference between going all power vs. having around 400 crit. this makes gearing much more forgiving. if you were lethality, then the crit on dots regening energy could be an argument for going with more crit, just tio stabalize the rotation, but not sure about MM.

at the mmo-mechanics forums there is someone that is working on a program where you enter your stats, your base dmg, your crit buffs for eacha bility then it determines the best power/crit balance for each ability, and you enter the % dps form each ability and gives a weighted sum result for BiS crit/power... once they update for 2.0 you might want to look into that. i have been doping something a little different, where i take a parse, use the % dps and the crit % to set a base boost to crit equal to the weighted sum form those values, then perform an analysis based on that info... i have not yet used a similar method for determining an "average" surge boost, which wil;l also affect the equations.

using this rough model i have found that going less than 100 surge and putting the rest into accuracy and alacriy to be best for just about everything... but that does not take energy regen tiers into account. i have tried an even split between surge/accuracy against alacrity./accuracy and didnt see much of a difference in dps, so again... gear is very forgiving. i ended up using one alacrity enhancement so my rotation lined up perfectly... and i will typically use a more forgiving build/rotation than one that out performs.

all that being said... i really wish some people would update simulation craft for swtor, so we dont have to use these crap models for analyzing damage/healing dynamics.

Edited by dipstik

at the mmo-mechanics forums there is someone that is working on a program where you enter your stats, your base dmg, your crit buffs for eacha bility then it determines the best power/crit balance for each ability, and you enter the % dps form each ability and gives a weighted sum result for BiS crit/power... once they update for 2.0 you might want to look into that. i have been doping something a little different, where i take a parse, use the % dps and the crit % to set a base boost to crit equal to the weighted sum form those values, then perform an analysis based on that info... i have not yet used a similar method for determining an "average" surge boost, which wil;l also affect the equations.

Those persons would be me and a guild mate. We're currently working on improving it while adding the new formulae which are found here. There is a lot of work from us to come in the near future.

And as far as I've been able to see, if you have the 9% buff to your stats then mainstat's the way to go, but if not then power it is. (that's a very general statement that has NOT been extensively tested)

So I've been doing some testing with levels 50,51,52,53, and 55 tanks.

The equation I've been able to come up with for Defense is the following:

Defense Chance = bonuses + 30*[1-(1-(0.01/0.3))^{(Defense Rating/Level)/(Level*0.13-5.95)}]

Or ^{\big%28\frac{DefenseRating}{Level%280.13Level-5.95%29}\big%29}%20\bigg%29&bc=White&fc=Black&im=jpg&fs=18&ff=arev&edit=0"]here for a clearer representation.

For Shield and Absorb I've been getting discrepancies in the Coefficient that multiplies against the level, at 55 the coefficients that are next to the level are 0.78 and 0.65 respectively but I don't have enough data to put together the formulae because there are discrepancies I can't make up for, which is either a data problem or points to I have the wrong equations.

Edited by unluckyperson
added in the LaTex image

Thanks for all the effort you guys have put in so far!

Is there any way now of knowing what the amount of points we should be putting into the various stats now? My math is hopeless so if anyone could spell it out that would be fantastic. (i.e pre 2.0 crit was 350, surge 300 etc)

I tried to see if the crit formula gives me the same numbers I see in game and it's correct, (just 3 points at 55), are correct too the crit former main stat?

About how much crit to stack, as shadow infiltration (so all about crit surge and power) I'm so dubious cause I need crit chance, since I have +50% crit to project and force breach (and 30% to shadow strike) but with new formula to stack it it's hard and it doesn't give a good efficiency: it seems the crit cap can be around 27/28%..(I didn't have calculations) with 450+ crit rating needed.. So what do you think about?

Surge around 78%.

For augments I think I will stack power.

Those persons would be me and a guild mate. We're currently working on improving it while adding the new formulae which are found here. There is a lot of work from us to come in the near future.

And as far as I've been able to see, if you have the 9% buff to your stats then mainstat's the way to go, but if not then power it is. (that's a very general statement that has NOT been extensively tested)

Are you able to link this program?

standard health appears to be 2686.

i am using standard formulas for abilities and i got the same number on 2 abilities after all modifiers. this isn't sound fact as several other abilities i could not get to line up but in most cases the formulas i have suggested that those abilities were supposed to be way more powerful, so it's possible those abilities were retuned (both are spec specific abilities) with the talent trees and the current formulas are not actually known.

standard health appears to be 2686.

i am using standard formulas for abilities and i got the same number on 2 abilities after all modifiers. this isn't sound fact as several other abilities i could not get to line up but in most cases the formulas i have suggested that those abilities were supposed to be way more powerful, so it's possible those abilities were retuned (both are spec specific abilities) with the talent trees and the current formulas are not actually known.

I concur, I think it's actually 2685, I've only tested with Tracer Missile ability so far, but that number works for me

Edited by odawgg

• 2 weeks later...

Maybe you(or someone) can resolve an question I've had when working to figure out the best option between main stat and power augs...

Doesn't the Knight buff(+5% Bonus Healing/Damage) improve the value of mainstat as well? Since the buff doesn't boost 'power' but instead Bonus Healing/Damage, the portion of those values that comes from main stat would be boosted as well correct? So, we're not only getting the 5% from Consular buff, but a 5% boost on the mainstat portion of bonus healing/damage as well. From what I've calculated, the easy answer on main vs power is to always say main stat. Only for very low levels of crit/surge(from skills/bonuses) and no mainstat boost does power ever win from my findings. And, when it does it's by a very tiny margin, so the easy answer, is go for mainstat.

Maybe you(or someone) can resolve an question I've had when working to figure out the best option between main stat and power augs...

Doesn't the Knight buff(+5% Bonus Healing/Damage) improve the value of mainstat as well? Since the buff doesn't boost 'power' but instead Bonus Healing/Damage, the portion of those values that comes from main stat would be boosted as well correct? So, we're not only getting the 5% from Consular buff, but a 5% boost on the mainstat portion of bonus healing/damage as well. From what I've calculated, the easy answer on main vs power is to always say main stat. Only for very low levels of crit/surge(from skills/bonuses) and no mainstat boost does power ever win from my findings. And, when it does it's by a very tiny margin, so the easy answer, is go for mainstat.

I know you asked dragon but I thought I'd chime in. Yes the buff will improve bonus damage for both mainstat and power. And you're spot on, go mainstat augs.

First of all, thanks for all the great content here. I've run into a problem when it comes to calculating armor value (sounds stupid right?). Basically, the modifiers for a tank stance that increases armor value and talents that increase it seem to not add up right.

Step 1) I have a piece of armor with 561 armor, I equip it without any other gear or talents that modify armor value, and of course I get 561 on my character sheet.

Step 2) Now I add a talent that increases it by 16%, so 561 * 1.16 = 650.76, and I see 651 on the character sheet.. fair enough.

Step 3) Now the strange thing, I activate my tank stance that adds 60% to armor value on top of the talent, so I'd think it would be 561 * 1.76 = 987.36, but I'm actually seeing 996 on the character sheet.

What's going on in step 3, is there something I'm just missing here or is there some bug that's calculating it wrong in-game?

First of all, thanks for all the great content here. I've run into a problem when it comes to calculating armor value (sounds stupid right?). Basically, the modifiers for a tank stance that increases armor value and talents that increase it seem to not add up right.

Step 1) I have a piece of armor with 561 armor, I equip it without any other gear or talents that modify armor value, and of course I get 561 on my character sheet.

Step 2) Now I add a talent that increases it by 16%, so 561 * 1.16 = 650.76, and I see 651 on the character sheet.. fair enough.

Step 3) Now the strange thing, I activate my tank stance that adds 60% to armor value on top of the talent, so I'd think it would be 561 * 1.76 = 987.36, but I'm actually seeing 996 on the character sheet.

What's going on in step 3, is there something I'm just missing here or is there some bug that's calculating it wrong in-game?

Just throwing this out there, it seems like for both the Jedi Knight and Vanguard, the tank stance armor modifier is applying itself as exactly 61.5% instead of the 60% as the tooltip reads. The respective 15%/16% talented armor modifiers are correct though. Thus, if you take a piece of armor and equip it (with the talent and stance), the resulting number is:

JK = Armor*1.765

VG = Armor*1.775

However, for shadows, the modifier seems to work accurately, so for them: Armor*2.15

Unless I'm missing something, seems like a in-game bug with the 60% stance modifier... I guess it's to our favor so I'm not going to complain, but for someone building math from armor to get DR, you might want to know that little tidbit.

interesting. Good to know.

the guardians are working right, but vanguards get extra 1.5% from stance, which i think comes from bioware using some of the guardian stance code in the vanguard stance.

Edited by dipstik

• 2 weeks later...
interesting. Good to know.

the guardians are working right, but vanguards get extra 1.5% from stance, which i think comes from bioware using some of the guardian stance code in the vanguard stance.

Actually, the tank stance modifier for both Guardians and Vanguards are applying an extra 1.5%, they both report 60% but are resulting in 61.5%... it's the Shadow's 115% modifier from tank stance that is the only one working right and not applying extra. The 15%/16% armor bonus talents that Guardians/Vanguards have apply their modifier correctly too, so it's just a tank stance issue for the classes that have 60% boost from stance.

What is the formula to determine new cast time if we know the alacrity %? It doesn't seem to be exactly NCT=CT*(1 - alac / 100) because in game having 8.09% alac on my operative's character sheet i receive 1.85 cast of KI (normal cast is 2s): 2 * (1 - 0.0809) = 1.8382 =/= 1.85

Or does alacrity from skill tree apply in different way then alacrity from rating? In this example it is 2% from skill tree + 6.09% from 460 rating.

What is the formula to determine new cast time if we know the alacrity %? It doesn't seem to be exactly NCT=CT*(1 - alac / 100) because in game having 8.09% alac on my operative's character sheet i receive 1.85 cast of KI (normal cast is 2s): 2 * (1 - 0.0809) = 1.8382 =/= 1.85

Or does alacrity from skill tree apply in different way then alacrity from rating? In this example it is 2% from skill tree + 6.09% from 460 rating.

Should be... 2 * ( 1 / 1 + 0.0809) = 1.8503 ~= 1.85

What exactly is the ToHit process. For example:

Roll Attacker Acc (only). If less than attacker Acc then roll Crit/Def roll.

Crit/Def Roll: Stack target Def on top of attacker crit and cap at 100%. If roll is less than crit only, attack is a crit. if above attacker crit but less than defender Def, then attack is avoided. If roll is greater than crit+def then anormal hit is scored.

?