KotFE Chapter 9 Lana romance.

Arlakh

Anyone know if there is a way to revert my game back to Chapter 9 if I'm just at the start of Chapter 10? I didn't realize that the [flirt] option that popped up when I was talking to Lana, Koth and Theron was towards Lana, at the time the camera was focused on Koth and when it said I need to speak to one of you, I assumed seeing the camera was on Koth at the time it was a flirt option towards him and was locked out the romance when I spoke with Lana 1 on 1. This is REALLY frustrating as there was no indicator of who it was towards.

If you haven't started chapter 10 yet and still in chapter 9 there may be a way, see if you can reset the mission from the fleet. If not....well if you want to romance lana you will have to make a new character.....

I know it sucks but it shouldn't take too long to get back to that point again.

Sadly if you've finished chapter 9 and started chapter 10, no there isn't a way to reset it.

The indicator you were after actually was in the sentence: [flirt] "I'd like to speak with one of you." that was meant to be taken literally as wanting to speak to one of the three people in the conversation (flirt option chosen or not). Lots of people got confused there though for various reasons, as dialogue wheel isn't always literally taken, for good reason really as shown in most conversations. The [flirt] there is towards any you've flirted with, you choose who in the very next dialogue wheel (or auto if you only ever flirted with one of the three).

If in doubt, click the flirt if in a group conversation like that cantina was and it's not stating a specific character in the paraphrase, can always esc quickly if it wasn't what you expected.

Feel for ya, one of my friends quit swtor after missing out in that scene for Lana.

I contacted support, that is *********** ridiculous, if they can't fix this for me, Im just gonna unsubscribe and quit too. I have way too much gear and time invested on that character.

I don't see why they wouldnt be able to revert me to Chapter 9, but we'll have to see.

Edited by Arlakh

I don't see why they wouldnt be able to revert me to Chapter 9, but we'll have to see.

They probably won't, because they don't do that stuff for things you did(1). I got one mission reset on one character because it was the mission where a companion (Corso on a Smuggler, so I couldn't even finish the starter world on the poor guy) joins as a "guest", and 4.0 dropped before I played the character again. (Guest companions disappeared when 4.0 dropped.)

(1) Even though the questionable design of the conversation is Bioware's fault, the action you took is *your* fault.

They probably won't, because they don't do that stuff for things you did(1). I got one mission reset on one character because it was the mission where a companion (Corso on a Smuggler, so I couldn't even finish the starter world on the poor guy) joins as a "guest", and 4.0 dropped before I played the character again. (Guest companions disappeared when 4.0 dropped.)

(1) Even though the questionable design of the conversation is Bioware's fault, the action you took is *your* fault.

As I said, I hope they can, if not im just unsubscribing and giving me buddy all my money and uninstalling the game.

I contacted support, that is *********** ridiculous, if they can't fix this for me, Im just gonna unsubscribe and quit too. I have way too much gear and time invested on that character.

Chill dude, I have had to remake a character twice to get that (I like to be a perfectionist when it comes to my mains and with the issues of the actual scene). If you don't want to remake it is Lana that important to you?

Edited by _Kezza_

As I said, I hope they can, if not im just unsubscribing and giving me buddy all my money and uninstalling the game.

That has to qualify as one of the most extreme over-reactions I've heard on these forums, and I *like* Lana a lot.

(Worth noting: I screwed it up on my first run through KotFE, but I did it as a dry-run on my free insta-60. On my main, I did it right. Well, sort of. I planned to have her resume her SoR romance with Theron, but a combination of things drove her to flirt with Lana instead.)

But if you feel driven to quit over that, well, bye, good luck with what you do instead, and leave your stuff with Tora as you go.

I played it during Early Access on my then-main Adraes, took the [Flirt] option, talked to Lana, and never got the pop-up asking me to confirm/deny the romance with Lana I suspect because Early Access was buggy af and I kept DC'ing. Her entry on my Companion list has been fubar ever since, too. I dutifully submitted a ticket explaining what happened and was told that my issue wasn't something support could handle, and that it was being passed on to another team and I would not be able to communicate with anyone about it.

So I definitely feel you, OP. It was frustrating af to be locked out of a romance I'd started in SoR and to then be told there was basically nothing that could be done.

I was pretty salty for a few months and didn't play, but after a while I got over it. Gave Adraes some plastic surgery so he looks like my Marauder's brother and rerolled a new Juggernaut. So my advice would be to take a break, then pick your favourite class and play through on a new character.

Really? of all the other things in the game that are quit worthy it was that which proved the final straw? I just don't get it. Lana isn't even that amazing.

Easily able to level back up too. So could have redone it.

Also, to the OP. You're not locked into that quite that quick. You should have been able to hit ESC as soon as you picked the option. So, why didn't you hit ESC?

What ticks me off about the Lana romance is:

The fact I did the whole thing with my Jedi knight(jumped to 60 as I had redone my JK before and didn't like the Kiran romance) and did the whole Lana romance and afterwards, not 1 damn thing from Lana, not even in chapter 16. Like it didn't even happen. Ticked me off.

What ticks me off about the Lana romance is:

The fact I did the whole thing with my Jedi knight(jumped to 60 as I had redone my JK before and didn't like the Kiran romance) and did the whole Lana romance and afterwards, not 1 damn thing from Lana, not even in chapter 16. Like it didn't even happen. Ticked me off.

Kiss and flirt in chapter 16. Do you mean something akin to her/you saying "My love" or some such?