Marr?

VirtualMorrigan

So when precisely did they decide to fix the groundbreaking, game-destroying bug where you could nope out of the first chapter of kotfe and keep Marr as a companion?

Whose stellar idea was it to priorize that bug?

Given that I kept a copy of my main character from that point in time for precisely that reason, I am more than just a little pissed off.

Game has more bugs than a mattress from a low-class motel, but they fix one that is actually fun. Is that the point there, sucking what enjoyment is left out of this game? (The bug hunting fix is another that comes to mind)

Yeah. I hope they are really, really proud of themselves there.

Whose stellar idea was it to priorize that bug?

No one because they didn't. Charles posted about this in March.

Hey folks!

Thank you for calling attention to this issue. We didn't really intend to remove the ability to use Marr and others outside of their respective chapters; this was a side effect of solving a bug that would have blocked progression through the Ossus storyline for some players (under certain conditions, the game gets confused about which temporary companion you should have, and chaos ensues).

As some folks have guessed, taking temporary characters out of their chapters was never really an intended or supported feature. But since it didn't really hurt anything or give anyone an unfair advantage, we decided to leave it in when it was discovered.

Given that some of you have put a lot of time into these characters, it is our goal to find a way to give you access to them again. Unfortunately, I can't give an ETA for when that might happen as we still have to ensure that any solution we pursue doesn't risk blocking players' progress elsewhere in the storyline.

Maybe the extract didn't work in March, I wouldn't know, I had him there since kotfe dropped. But I know that my character had him out as a companion not too long ago. So that changed recently.

The only reason I am still subscribed is cosmetics (I build models of the things I like, characters, ships, pets) and some old achievements, since the whole gear nonsense got way past the time I can spend on a game.

There is little enough left that is just fun and not grind there. This seriously makes me want to uninstall.

I'm glad you brought this up, because I had forgotten they "fixed" the bug around Ossus. I was planning to pull Acina on my main as soon as I finished up the Master Chapters but now that I'm reminded of this I'll just need to wait until Charles' statement comes true.

Maybe the extract didn't work in March, I wouldn't know, I had him there since kotfe dropped. But I know that my character had him out as a companion not too long ago. So that changed recently.

The only reason I am still subscribed is cosmetics (I build models of the things I like, characters, ships, pets) and some old achievements, since the whole gear nonsense got way past the time I can spend on a game.

There is little enough left that is just fun and not grind there. This seriously makes me want to uninstall.[/QUOTE]

** Can I have your stuff?? Not even asking for a friend, just me.

I'm glad you brought this up, because I had forgotten they "fixed" the bug around Ossus. I was planning to pull Acina on my main as soon as I finished up the Master Chapters but now that I'm reminded of this I'll just need to wait until Charles' statement comes true.

I will be genuinely surprised IF it comes true.