Sparkly eyes

Cuiwe

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey folks,

We are looking into what is up with the "sparkly eyes" following the 5.5 launch. I will let you know what I find out!

-eric

I like these eyes, they feel more alive.

Their moisture and glass body reflect light sources ike real eyes now.

I remember them being like this quite some time ago, but for some reason they went away (can't remember why). Maybe you could add a toggle on/off option according to people's preference instead of doing away with them completely again.

Edited by Glzmo

Characters currently have very glossy, reflective eyes that are very distracting. They seem to have the same asset that is usually used on metallic surfaces mapped to them that are meant to serve as reflections of general areas. That really needs to be fixed.

Example: My character has these very shiney, polished eyes now that have a reflection texture of what looks to be Balmorra in her eyes, whilst being in the Dromund Kaas stronghold.

Edited by BenKatarn

I like these eyes, they feel more alive.

If you're a replicant maybe! (Forgive me, dumb blade runner humor :o)

I think it's fine if you like them, the first step for me was to figure out if it was really a bug and now that question is settled. If you'd like an option to keep this (double glass eye imo) look I fully support it.

I also support killik joiner eyes and voss eyes and cat eyes and glowing eyes and compound insect eyes and cyborg eyes and Acina eyes and.. I'm getting towards the end of the list of eyes I can think of that would be neat to have.. lizard eyes.. and.. eyes with no iris.. can I stop now? I can't think of any more:o Oh! mismatching eyes, I always loved that look.:)

Huh? I don't think my characters eyes have changed? Does it affect aliens? I'm playing a Twi'lek right now and his seemed fine. I feel like I'd notice if they changed just because I tend to pay attention to how his face looks and I really like his green eyes :D

They need to add some more/better eyes tho. Special people like us have special eyes!!!! Acina has special eyes, Arcann, Vaylin, Senya, Valkorion ALL have cool eyes we can't get!!!!! Why? I mean if they are on other NPC's in the game I don't get how it would be difficult to add them as an option for our character?

To be frank there is something... different about the eyes in the cutscenes as well. They seem to be more... realistic? Or at least, they look very glassy which makes them look more real but at the same time also comes dangerously close to uncanny valley. I noticed this too after patch 5.5.

Huh? I don't think my characters eyes have changed? Does it affect aliens? I'm playing a Twi'lek right now and his seemed fine. I feel like I'd notice if they changed just because I tend to pay attention to how his face looks and I really like his green eyes :D

They need to add some more/better eyes tho. Special people like us have special eyes!!!! Acina has special eyes, Arcann, Vaylin, Senya, Valkorion ALL have cool eyes we can't get!!!!! Why? I mean if they are on other NPC's in the game I don't get how it would be difficult to add them as an option for our character?

From my observations, Purebloods and Red Zabraks don't have that problem. Twi'leks seem to have it. At least mine does.

Also, what was that about Zabrak Skin Color?

I kind of like them. It gives emotion to the character.

https://imgur.com/jfmjBGp

First of all, that's a very lovely couple :) Second, I don't mind it myself when I flip the camera and look at it. But it's pretty overwhelming in cutscenes, it looks like 6 or more separate points of light and I find that too much. It completely blots out the white of the eyes in certain scenes and angles.

Plus there might be two different things going on? One is the sparkles, and the other is a sort of see-through effect? I dunno. I don't want to speculate too much and sound like an idiot. But as you can see from the screenshot I posted, Quinn's eyes look icy, like icecubes, or something. (The sparkles are there but I don't mean that.) His eyes look transparent and I think he looks disturbing.

As I already asked, what about Garza?

I dunno, go make a trooper and report back :o

My sister and I both have two different video cards, both updated and she has an uber gaming screen and we both have the watery eyes sparkles. We play a lot and they were not there before the patch. I am all for lively eyes but these downright glow unnaturally and are the absolute worst in cutscenes. It's like the entire top third of my characters eyeballs are getting laser burned away. Outside cutscenes and panned way back the eyes get totally taken up in the sparkle and my characters stand there eyes glowing in places eyes shouldn't reflect like that.

First of all, that's a very lovely couple :) Second, I don't mind it myself when I flip the camera and look at it. But it's pretty overwhelming in cutscenes, it looks like 6 or more separate points of light and I find that too much. It completely blots out the white of the eyes in certain scenes and angles.

Plus there might be two different things going on? One is the sparkles, and the other is a sort of see-through effect? I dunno. I don't want to speculate too much and sound like an idiot. But as you can see from the screenshot I posted, Quinn's eyes look icy, like icecubes, or something. (The sparkles are there but I don't mean that.) His eyes look transparent and I think he looks disturbing.

I dunno, go make a trooper and report back :o

Well, thanks :D Those sad faces are what happened when they learned they'd be forced apart...and that the devs were going to punish Theron for being too awesome by shaving his hair. *insert my sparkly sad eyes here*

I am also apparently blind, because I missed your screenie the first time through the thread, but I went back and looked and you're right, it looks weird, his eyes look like you can see behind them or something, they're a bit too transparent. I did an Umbara run through with my Sorc earlier just so I could see if the effect was on the cutscenes now and they are, and it is a little much. When I ran the others earlier, (closer to release) they weren't quite so sparkly.

I hope they manage to strike a happy medium. I like more realism and emotion, but I don't want creepiness for anyone either. :) I'm a little afraid though...ask for a tiny adjustment and they come in with the sledgehammer, kind of like the d vs l timer.

Edited by Lunafox

I like them also. Maybe give them to Lightside chars who near or reach Light V or as a cosmetic unlock.

Or they could just offer it to both light and dark and make it like an appearance 'ticky box' that we can check or uncheck. My lovely Jedi knight is dark side 5, and I think the glossy eyes would be great for her...but for those that don't like it, let them be able to have normal like before.

Very annoying shader. I hope it'll be corrected soon. Characters now look like puppets with glass eyes.

This. I didn't see it as I've been doing FPs and WZs however now I've gone back to levelling alts I see it and it looks awful and a bit creepy. It's also on the start up screen on all my characters except my pureblood sith who I gave reddish coloured eyes.