Darth Malgus vs Darth Sideous

Galvetyce

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Except for the fact that Sidious can disintegrate a legion of troops with his Force Lightning.

Regular troops. Malgus had alot of sith with him.

I think this is so irrelevant though.

This whole thing of debating who has a bigger dick is so stupid and un star warsy.

Regular troops. Malgus had alot of sith with him.

I think this is so irrelevant though.

This whole thing of debating who has a bigger dick is so stupid and un star warsy.

This is the very essence of nerd culture though.

I just don't understand the love for Palpatine really. Boba Fett gets a huge following for awesome looks and attitude; Luke is your hero ideal; Han 'shot first' etc.

How did the old guy in the robes amass such a following?

I just don't understand the love for Palpatine really. Boba Fett gets a huge following for awesome looks and attitude; Luke is your hero ideal; Han 'shot first' etc.

His entire character maybe? The character was portrayed and written well.

Well i think is a sort of darkside of nerd culture that could well pass without. It can become very petty and inconsequent. Wich is ridiculous. Mainly because one can very easly lose perspective and forget what realy matters.

The "love" for Palpatine is mainly in my opinion because of Ian Mcdiarmid , specialy his performance in the prequels, wich gave palpatine a new light.

Edited by Spartanik

Well i think is a sort of darkside of nerd culture that could well pass without. It can become very petty and inconsequent. Wich is ridiculous. Mainly because one can very easly lose perspective and forget what realy matters.

The "love" for Palpatine is mainly in my opinion because of Ian Mcdiarmid , specialy his performance in the prequels, wich gave palpatine a new light.

Ian Mcdiarmid was awesome!

Darth Sideous is incredibly cunning and knowledgeable in the force but going of of sheer charisma and sword fighting skill I believe Darth Malgus takes the title if they were to duel in a lightsaber battle :ph_lol:

No even in a saber duel, Malgus is still loses. Sidious holds all the cards here.

Infact, I am shocked that this has gone on for 9 pages...I really am shocked, this is just ridiculous.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

I find it strange that no one has pointed out that in a straight up lightsabre duel Mace Windu (a combat machine like Malgus) beat Darth Sideous. Now it can be argued that Mace only won because he used Vaapad a form that Sideous was unfamiliar with but, a counter argument is that Malgus has years of experience fighting Jedi (and to a lesser degree Sith) that would give him an equal advantage to Mace’s vaapad form. Now don’t get me wrong, I’m not saying that Malgus would win I’m just saying that he could win just like Mace did.

Now as for the question of who is more powerful? I don’t see any argument that can be made. Malgus is a combat monster but that is all he is. Sideous’s power and knowledge of the force and his political/ military power are far greater than Malgus’s. Sideous is clearly more powerful.

On a side note; for just a good butt kicking fight Darth Malgus vs. Mace Windu. I can see the fight going either way but, regardless of who wins it would be a great duel.

I find it strange that no one has pointed out that in a straight up lightsabre duel Mace Windu (a combat machine like Malgus) beat Darth Sideous. Now it can be argued that Mace only won because he used Vaapad a form that Sideous was unfamiliar with but, a counter argument is that Malgus has years of experience fighting Jedi (and to a lesser degree Sith) that would give him an equal advantage to Mace’s vaapad form. Now don’t get me wrong, I’m not saying that Malgus would win I’m just saying that he could win just like Mace did.

Now as for the question of who is more powerful? I don’t see any argument that can be made. Malgus is a combat monster but that is all he is. Sideous’s power and knowledge of the force and his political/ military power are far greater than Malgus’s. Sideous is clearly more powerful.

On a side note; for just a good butt kicking fight Darth Malgus vs. Mace Windu. I can see the fight going either way but, regardless of who wins it would be a great duel.

Malgus can't do what Mace did, because Vaapad hasn't been invented yet. Mace only lasted as long as he did because of that, any other form he would have gotten killed quickly and really Mace only won because he exploited a fear which was coming from Anakin who was on the way. Prior to that point, Mace and Sidious were fighting at a stalemate, even then Sidious could have ended the fight at any time with his Force superiority, Mace only lived so long so that Sidious could turn Anakin.

Sidious is more powerful then Malgus in every aspect, saber combat, force power, etc so there really is no argument your right.

No the fight wouldn't go either way, because Mace would mop the floor with Malgus using Vaapad.

Now this thread really needs to stop, it should have stopped after the 1st post. There is no way, Malgus is beating Sidious...at all.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

Malgus can't do what Mace did, because Vaapad hasn't been invented yet. Mace only lasted as long as he did because of that, any other form he would have gotten killed quickly and really Mace only won because he exploited a fear which was coming from Anakin who was on the way. Prior to that point, Mace and Sidious were fighting at a stalemate, even then Sidious could have ended the fight at any time with his Force superiority, Mace only lived so long so that Sidious could turn Anakin.

Sidious is more powerful then Malgus in every aspect, saber combat, force power, etc so there really is no argument your right.

No the fight wouldn't go either way, because Mace would mop the floor with Malgus using Vaapad.

Now this thread really needs to stop, it should have stopped after the 1st post. There is no way, Malgus is beating Sidious...at all.

I disagree, I understand that form is very important but I don’t think that it is an auto win over experience. Malgus is a master duelist in a time when Jedi vs. Sith fights are common. Mace and Sidious are masters of form in a time when Jedi vs. Sith fights are uncommon. So I think that Malgus’s experience gives him an advantage that you not taking into account (at least against Mace). Now I know that Vaapad is a powerful form, but is it really so powerful that no other form can beat it?

I disagree, I understand that form is very important but I don’t think that it is an auto win over experience. Malgus is a master duelist in a time when Jedi vs. Sith fights are common. Mace and Sidious are masters of form in a time when Jedi vs. Sith fights are uncommon. So I think that Malgus’s experience gives him an advantage that you not taking into account (at least against Mace). Now I know that Vaapad is a powerful form, but is it really so powerful that no other form can beat it?

No Mace would destroy Malgus. Vaapad is THE ultimate form for fighting Sith. It uses the darkness within the user and the opponent to strengthen the user. But even without Vaapad, Malgus would be no match for Mace Windu. Just like Malgus is no match for Darth Sidious.

No Mace would destroy Malgus. Vaapad is THE ultimate form for fighting Sith. It uses the darkness within the user and the opponent to strengthen the user. But even without Vaapad, Malgus would be no match for Mace Windu. Just like Malgus is no match for Darth Sidious.

I think I need to watch these clone war cartoons to find out just what the heck is going on to make people so convinced about the unbeatableness of any characters that appear in it.

Edited by DarthTyranid

I think some people here have been watching too many flashing lights and ridiculous saber moves that have been able to be implemented simply because of our own improved technology, and are assuming that these OR characters are simply much more powerful in order to pull off such moves.

This is an incredibly unfair and skewed measuring stick to use on force-users from different time frames. There is plenty of material to show that the most powerful Jedi/Sith occurred right around RoTS -> RoTJ. Sadly, the movies didn’t have the tech to make them as blindingly powerful as you might like (I haven’t, but read the EU books if you want that). I find this idea laughable, as even a thread comparing Vilgate to Sidious finally clearly threw the ball in Palp’s favor.

This thread was over as soon as Aurbere posted anyway, so...

Thread.

Seriously, can this thread just die?? I mean really, this is no contest whatsoever, not even in any lifetime or any universe, or even any afterlife is this even plausible. Now Sidious vs Vitiate or Sidious vs Exar Kun i can understand to some degree (not much but still some) but this is Malgus, They could fight an infinite amount of times and in no universe whatsoever would Malgus even come close to coming close to even challenge Sidious. Malgus cant even beat Jadus or even challenge Vitiate, what makes anyone have the audacity to even think of this being a decent fight? Please just stop, this is driving us all nuts.

I think that's hard to compare because Darth Malgus is a front loaded warrior and Sidious is a deveiver and schemer. The nature of their power differs greatly from each other....

Its still Sidious, no matter how many ways you slice it. It will always come back to Sidious. There is no "what ifs" there is no "Buts" there is no "What about?" NO, there is NOTHING that Malgus holds above Sidious.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

Its still Sidious, no matter how many ways you slice it. It will always come back to Sidious. There is no "what ifs" there is no "Buts" there is no "What about?" NO, there is NOTHING that Malgus holds above Sidious.

There is one thing that Malgus has that Sidious doesnt, a respirator. But thats it, no ifs and's, or buts.

Seeing how easily Sidious was taken out, I mean he couldn't even use the force to prevent a long fall into a reactor, I got to think Malgus would have a pretty good chance against him.

....No he was taken out due to his focus being on Luke, and he wasn't expecting Vader to turn on him. Even then Vader still died, Malgus won't have the chance to do what Vader did to Sidious. People can't use that as an excuse, because the circumstances were very specific in what happened. Malgus dies end of story.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

You're saying Malgus is incapable of setting up a trap with young impressionable Jedi bait in order distract Sidious and take him out?

You keep speaking in absolutes. That does not go over well on the internet.

No, what you are suggesting is a situation biased towards Darth Malgus, a battle of power vs power Malgus loses, considering it's the only fair way to judge these things without showing some biased towards/against one or more characters, this is how we must argue these points.

No, what you are suggesting is a situation biased towards Darth Malgus, a battle of power vs power Malgus loses, considering it's the only fair way to judge these things without showing some biased towards/against one or more characters, this is how we must argue these points.

To take two characters into a vacuum and pit them against each other removes many of their possible strengths. Sidious' greatest asset was arguably his ability as a master manipulator and deceiver. So arguably he would see through Malgus' trap and set one of his own.

But some people are saying that no matter what trick/allies/giant space slug/what have you trick Malgus could attempt, that Sidious just gets to auto-win cause he is just so awesome.

Clearly there are many what ifs, buts and what abouts that could give Malgus an edge.

Malgus, riding the deathstar that is being driven by Batman for instance.