Bring Back White Crystals

Twinbros

AllisonBerryman

I asked Jason Attard (Senior Game Balance Designer) about whether or not we intend to bring the white crystals back. He said that we do intend to make this crystal available again in the future, but we do want it to remain very rare even when we do.

Thank you for your response.

Edited by ScarletBlaze

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I disagree there were no white lightsabers in any SW games / Movies so this actually is not a part of the sw ideals... also remove Color-Black Crystals beacause these do not exist either!

I agree with removing coloured-black crystals or simply making them very rare and hard to get, not just for a few WZ comms. But there has been a black-white combination in Star Wars before, and it does look quite good. That one I would like to see, but again make it difficult to acquire and make sure it needs a lot of hard work to obtain, otherwise it isn't worth adding. That said, it is in game, but apparently only for ex-Bioware employees (or so I hear), which sucks on every level. Add more colours Bioware! I want a goddamned sea-green crystal! :D

Are you guys really insulting each other over white lightsaber crystals and individuality...in a video game based on Star Wars?

I hope I don't have to explain how silly that is.

No...please do... Not normally one to fan the flames, but I'm extremely bored at work, on a holiday no less, and would really love some more entertainment... Lmao

I disagree there were no white lightsabers in any SW games / Movies so this actually is not a part of the sw ideals... also remove Color-Black Crystals beacause these do not exist either!

In SW books there is a black crystal called the Black Wing.

In SW books there is a black crystal called the Black Wing.

I know anything created with the name "Star Wars" has to be passed by Lucas Arts. My mother and my Father both have to deal with Lucas over a great many things they do, since they are tied in with a costuming group. That being said, I am shocked at some of the things that George Lucas is allowing to pass as "canon".

A good number of us, including me, does not consider everything they write in comics or books to be canon. Dark Lightsabers and white lightsabers to be one of them...and some of the sounds this game uses to pass off as lightsabers to be another.

It's a losing battle, we know, because in the end, George Lucas has the say so, but it does not mean we have to subscribe to these new ideas as to what is "canon" and what is not. IMO, if it was not in the movies, it should not be here.

Seems to me that George Lucas is pretty much allowing just about anything to pass as Star Wars now. I do not think he even listens to some of these sound bites people offer to pass as Lightsaber Sound Effects. I mean, seriously, one of them sound exactly like somebody held the microphone next to a box fan and recorded it. Sounds like crap. And Dark Colored Crystals...??? How is that a "Light" Saber? Wouldn't that be more like a "Dark" Saber? I don't know, guess I am just an old grouchy man, but sometimes these changes just go too far fetched from what it was in origin.

Edited by Wraiven

I know anything created with the name "Star Wars" has to be passed by Lucas Arts. My mother and my Father both have to deal with Lucas over a great many things they do, since they are tied in with a costuming group. That being said, I am shocked at some of the things that George Lucas is allowing to pass as "canon".

A good number of us, including me, does not consider everything they write in comics or books to be canon. Dark Lightsabers and white lightsabers to be one of them...and some of the sounds this game uses to pass off as lightsabers to be another.

It's a losing battle, we know, because in the end, George Lucas has the say so, but it does not mean we have to subscribe to these new ideas as to what is "canon" and what is not. IMO, if it was not in the movies, it should not be here.

Seems to me that George Lucas is pretty much allowing just about anything to pass as Star Wars now. I do not think he even listens to some of these sound bites people offer to pass as Lightsaber Sound Effects. I mean, seriously, one of them sound exactly like somebody held the microphone next to a box fan and recorded it. Sounds like crap. And Dark Colored Crystals...??? How is that a "Light" Saber? Wouldn't that be more like a "Dark" Saber? I don't know, guess I am just an old grouchy man, but sometimes these changes just go too far fetched from what it was in origin.

in the end its all make believe, i'd love to see the white crystal, back and saber Whip in the game.

And Dark Colored Crystals...??? How is that a "Light" Saber? Wouldn't that be more like a "Dark" Saber? I don't know, guess I am just an old grouchy man, but sometimes these changes just go too far fetched from what it was in origin.

funny you should say that because

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Darksaber_(lightsaber)

Edited by Liquidacid

Hell no. keep the White crystals rare! and please don't make them buy-able with cartel coins. make some incredibly difficult quest line to get it. don't just give awesome **** away. It makes everything seem worthless.

"Omg I finally got the rarest saber crystal in all of star wars lore! ...... and so does everyone else with 5 bucks" :rolleyes:

Agreed, we should be able to buy any colour crystal at lvl 10. Make them stat-less if you have to.

I don't know about having access to all colors at lvl 10 but at 50 we should have access to all the basic colors and able to get them at the highest stats....the colors that I want for my sent are unavailable at the WH level stat and it is quite annoying....the one thing that the developers need to realize is look feel options should be available and relitively easy to achieve....I am all about working long and hard to achieve high level gear but the look feal of may charecter I should be able to achieve for the ride.

Just sell COLOR conversion kits in the Cartel Store so nobody is upset out about "pay to win" model.

$10 - You get to change the color of ANY of your crystals Solid Core (Once).

$15 - You get to change the color of ANY of your cyrstals with Black Core (Once).

• Works on any level crystal so those below 50 can use as well. (Not a lot of options below 50 today)
  • RARE ones remain via quest like vehicles and world events. (Rakghoul, Magenta, White maybe too?)

-ty

Edited by dscount

??? Isn't this very same white crystal the same crystal you can fight an ops run boss on ilum for?

No, that was Magenta (pink - sorry "Light Red" for Republic).

The white crystal should stay out of the game. I went to the trouble of getting it. I'm annoyed that I didn't get the complete Containment Officer set, but I don't believe I should get it, because I didn't earn it. Finally I'd've liked to have got the Cunning Bowcaster for my Smuggler (to rip the barrel off it and then have a weapon to pass mods around with), but just the Aim one will have to do, again because I didn't earn enough tokens.

And whoever came up with the bright idea of statless crystals...no no no no no! People turn up for Groupfinder Ops badly geared enough thank you very much!

What I would like to see is a trade-in system where my White +41 Power crystal can be traded in for the next step up same colour crystal, or make it an Artificer-made kit. Mats include the crystal's power you require (I'm going to use +75 as an example) and some of the usual Epic crafting materials. It is then traded to the player who wants to use it. They put in their Red +75 crystal, it becomes a "Primed Crystal Kit" and Bound to the player. They can then use that item on any colour crystal they have in their inventory. I'd use it on my white +41 that's been gathering dust because it isn't as good stat-wise as the Red I'd been using. Blam! The White is upgraded to the stats of the Red.

Well, it would be nice to have them as a super rare super difficult item to get, that you can't solo for, or even 4 man to get. Should be an interesting special thing that requires more of a puzzle to get then even what ever the Ilum boss monster crystal is to get.

Would be nice if it requires items from multiple 8 man HM ops runs side quest areas and multiple planets and related lvl 50 raid/ops world bosses, and still require real puzzle like puzzles that are not simply or complex smash grab, tank'n'spank, avoid AoE and the occasional mechanic, but real non-combat raid/ops puzzles greater then the +10 all stats datacron. Assuming BW wants it available while at the same time super rare goal met.

Well, it would be nice to have them as a super rare super difficult item to get, that you can't solo for, or even 4 man to get. Should be an interesting special thing that requires more of a puzzle to get then even what ever the Ilum boss monster crystal is to get.

Would be nice if it requires items from multiple 8 man HM ops runs side quest areas and multiple planets and related lvl 50 raid/ops world bosses, and still require real puzzle like puzzles that are not simply or complex smash grab, tank'n'spank, avoid AoE and the occasional mechanic, but real non-combat raid/ops puzzles greater then the +10 all stats datacron. Assuming BW wants it available while at the same time super rare goal met.

That's a little bit excessive to get a white crystal and would be too easy to get with a geared and capable group for raid/ops. BW needs to make the white crystal acquirable by any one solo, but be time consuming. It should take a very long time for a person to acquire a white crystal on one character if not months. First, this will give people some thing to do at max level. Sorta like wow has many things to do at max level like archeology if your into pets, rare bug mount, and so, which takes months to acquire. I spent months trying to get the rare blue bug mount, but never got one. There are other huge time sinks in wow, but that for another day. The point is at max level there aren't many things to do in swtor and making the white crystal acquirable, but time consuming is one way to adding content in much the same way wow adds things here and there.

Now before you all start trolling my post I did managed to get two white crystals and one of those big speeders before they went away, but it would be nice to be able to get those things on my new 50 level characters over a long and dedicated period. I don't want a white crystal to be acquired in a week or even a month, but take significant time to acquire like how hard it is to get a blue bug mount in wow. Maybe not to the same extent as that blue bug, but it should take months of dedicated work and not be some thing you can acquire with your friends in a week or two.

Just throwing this out there. Artifice should be given a perk of allowing to make any color crystal, but be bop and require 400 artifice. That would be a nice perk for the crew skill and cost of removing mods and color crystals on sabers should be zero, but again require 400 artifice.

Edited by Knockerz

Are you guys really insulting each other over white lightsaber crystals and individuality...in a video game based on Star Wars?

I hope I don't have to explain how silly that is.

That's how people are these days. All this tolerance and diversity you hear preached everywhere, yet I don't see it anywhere. As if someone else's opinion effects your life that much?

That's a little bit excessive to get a white crystal and would be too easy to get with a geared and capable group for raid/ops. BW needs to make the white crystal acquirable by any one solo, but be time consuming. It should take a very long time for a person to acquire a white crystal on one character if not months.

Huh, since I neglected the Archo stuff and related pet mounts in WoW, I didn't think to take that into account.

Ok well then, your modification seems perfectly reasonable.

• 1 month later...
That's a little bit excessive to get a white crystal and would be too easy to get with a geared and capable group for raid/ops. BW needs to make the white crystal acquirable by any one solo, but be time consuming. It should take a very long time for a person to acquire a white crystal on one character if not months.

I agree! Except it needs to be more complex than a simple You Tube video can show someone how to obtain in a few minutes (Magenta). Would need to use RNG and crew missions to build "Pieces" of a puzzle that require you to have say "FOUR" of the pieces in order to create a token or something that allows you to purchase that item. It should be something that requires you to build upon over days/weeks in order to obtain. (THEN it would be RARE in my mind - That is worthy of something RARE) Then - Your class would point you back to your respective homeworld to obtain said item.

"Rare White" really? It was vendor sold for a couple million credits. Only reason it's rare is because MANY people didn't have millions available when it went away. I barely had enough credits at the time to purchase and missed buying one by about a week. (Oh well - no big loss)

Not excited to hear they might be included in Cartel Packs. (That kinda makes it a slap in the face of those that paid big bucks - kinda like Rocket Boosts and GTN onboard ship prices for a few CC now).