Kira Carsen Romance

GrayPenguin

So I recently decided to play through the Jedi Knight story again, and I was unable to initiate romance with Kira. I don't know what I did wrong but I've gone through all the dialogue options and nothing has come up. Also, during the attack on the Jedi Temple I never got the option to save Kira, instead the game had me save Rusk. I was really looking forward to Kira's story in the upcoming update and now that I didn't romance it seems like I ruined it. Needless to say, I'm pissed. Anyone have any ideas what I did wrong?

So I recently decided to play through the Jedi Knight story again, and I was unable to initiate romance with Kira. I don't know what I did wrong but I've gone through all the dialogue options and nothing has come up. Also, during the attack on the Jedi Temple I never got the option to save Kira, instead the game had me save Rusk. I was really looking forward to Kira's story in the upcoming update and now that I didn't romance it seems like I ruined it. Needless to say, I'm pissed. Anyone have any ideas what I did wrong?

I don't know that I'd worry too much about it. Thus far all of the companions that have been reintroduced have only about a one or two minute reconciliation ... then never heard from again. ( ie. the reunion between Elara Dorne and the Trooper)

Don't take my word for it... review this and you will see just how brief the reunion is. it should also be noted that as far as I can tell this is the last time you hear from her at all. This includes JUS where we are only permitted to utilize Tau as a companion during the entire story.

In short... it no longer matters. Aside from a brief one or two minute cut scene ... all companions have essentially been turned into a block of wood ! They hang about your neck like an amulet of some sort ... provide either healing or an attack boost ... but are utterly useless aside from crafting items.

I'm personally hoping that will change... we will see.

Edited by OlBuzzard

I've been looking over the Kira conversations clips online, and I think there is key conversation where she mentions the Jedi Council and how Jedi need to get out more. It's the one that begins with "You're not like most Jedi." From what I can tell, she offers you two opportunities to flirt with her in that conversation and if you don't take either of them, it seems like you lose the ability to romance her.

Or possibly it's the specific dialogue choice in that conversation "Be mindful of emotions" that causes her to stop pursuing you as a love interest. She replies "You enjoy moralizing as much as the Council. Too bad."

Edited by OldVengeance

I've been looking over the Kira conversations clips online, and I think there is key conversation where she mentions the Jedi Council and how Jedi need to get out more. It's the one that begins with "You're not like most Jedi." From what I can tell, she offers you two opportunities to flirt with her in that conversation and if you don't take either of them, it seems like you lose the ability to romance her.

All the romanceable class companion stories have a conversation like that, sometimes called the "critical" conversation.

If you pick "Flirt" in that conversation, you're stuck with the romance, and if you don't pick "Flirt", you're stuck with the non-romance. It's not clear when it is in some cases, but:

* It's really early for a Smugglerette and Corso Riggs, which leads to people accusing him (falsely) of being a creepy stalker who won't take "no" for an answer.

* For the Sith Warrior / Vette, it's *probably* when you suggest to Vette's old crew mate that she and you go off and spend some horizontal time. (In the companion mission with Cada Bliss on Nar Shaddaa.)

* For the Agent / Kaliyo, it's probably the Wheezer incident, and it certainly isn't *after* that.

* For the Sith Warrior / Quinn, it's probably the one where he queries you about you having expressed an interest in him that goes beyond the merely professional.

Remember also that the conversations have both story requirements and influence requirements. Meaning I would ensure you have Kira at rank 10 influence.

Comp influence is no longer a factor in unlocking conversations. The only requirement now to unlock comp conversations is progression of the class story.

Comp influence is no longer a factor in unlocking conversations. The only requirement now to unlock comp conversations is progression of the class story.

That has not been the case for a couple of toons that I’ve progressed in the past two years. Is there a developer statement confirming that to be true?

That has not been the case for a couple of toons that I’ve progressed in the past two years. Is there a developer statement confirming that to be true?

How about patch notes.

http://www.swtor.com/patchnotes/10202015/game-update-4.0-knights-fallen-empire-early-access

• Class Companion conversations will now unlock based upon class story progression, rather than affection/influence thresholds.