Most fitting race for Sith Inquisitor?

Indivu

the most fitting race human female

as lord zash wanted to take over a new body

I've always assumed this.

Zash repeatedly refers to you as "my beautiful apprentice." It's also follows as to why she wasn't too keen on Pfon, since (if memory serves) she scolds the overseer for trying to rig the trials and push him on her; He's probably not the body type or sex she wanted.

In cannon (if and when Bioware ever releases cannon), I think it's likely that the SI will end up being a human female, perhaps the only female out of the 8 classes. My runner up race would be Zabrak though.

It's funny to hear folks try and deduce what the SI's actual race is because of what Kallig says or doesn't. say, or how it can't possibly be Twi'lek because Kallig's ghost doesn't have Lekku, etc.

I can't take credit for this; someone else posted this long ago. Are we 100% sure...

Kallig isn't just strait lying to you? There NO proof that the SI was at all related to him. Basically, you're taking his words at face value, and because he's oh so helpful at pivotal points in the story. Don't get me wrong; his help was crucial, but that's just it. Some things he says just don't add up. I'm not going to list them here; play the story again with that possibility in mind and you'll see what I mean.

Remember, HE was the fallen Sith Lord spirit responsible for corrupting all the workers in the Dark Temple and making them believe they were old Sith Lords working for Kallig. Isn't it possible he ran across you in the Temple, sensed your potential, saw what your master was planning and decided to make YOU his vessel so he can return to life and really take over after positioning you where he wants you? I mean, hell, you're on the damn Dark Council now, a Forcewalker and undying (pretty much). Now, obviously that scene hasn't happened yet, but I'm betting we see the ghost of Kallig in the the expac, and he's not going to be the nice guy you remember him to be. I have a feeling the conversation will go something like 'Wow, good to see you, hey about all those things I did for you to get nice and powerful..."

Just food for thought :)

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the most fitting race human female

as lord zash wanted to take over a new body

I'd think any humanoid female strong in the force would likely fit using that criteria, which leaves most of them except for Twilek. And going by lore and knowing a few things we do know, not likely Purebloods or Chiss (Purebloods being made available due to players clamoring for it, and Chiss as a racial unlock).

Human, mostly because of Kallig, and my reasoning is more based on the presumption that the Old Sith Empire would be even more speciesist in favor of Humans and Sith Purebloods, and that pins him down to those 2 races. Add in the notion that Sith purebloods are given special status in the Sith Empire, the SI's slave background, and Harkun's treatment of Ffon (he recognizes Ffon's purebloodedness but not yours? And you don't get to point that out [AFAIK]), that rules out Sith Purebloods. Human it is.

Well, I think that Zash does not give a damn about gender of her apprentice.

She wants someone strong in Force, so that she would be even stronger. She might prefer a girl as her apprentice, but she just rolls with whatever she has (also, Andronikos is lame, so more reason to not play Female SI :) ).

I think he disliked Ffon because he was not that strong in Force, and he was an idiot who just got through because of his Sith blood.

As for race, I am still leaning more and more to Zabrak, because of the voice-overs, as they fit the race really well, maybe even more than Humans

I am going to go human. Because

You are hated by your instructor because your not a pure blood, not that he is either but thats besides the point. He actually seems to treat you like an alien.

You become a dark lord of the Sith and only human's and purebloods are on the council at the point this happens in the time line.

I'd like to say human as well mainly because of Zath.

She seems to have wanted to set things up before stealing your body, by ensuring her apprentice was made a lord before hand. I don't know why she would handicap herself within the Empire by taking over the body of a. alien even if that alien were stong in the force, and she doesn't seem xenophobic.

I just can't get on board with the pureblood slave either, even though people have provided convincing explanations as to how it could happen.

I'd like to say human as well mainly because of Zath.

She seems to have wanted to set things up before stealing your body, by ensuring her apprentice was made a lord before hand. I don't know why she would handicap herself within the Empire by taking over the body of a. alien even if that alien were stong in the force, and she doesn't seem xenophobic.

I just can't get on board with the pureblood slave either, even though people have provided convincing explanations as to how it could happen.

To bad the devs couldnt just come up with a new storyline all-together for a Pureblood Inquisitor.

• 3 weeks later...
I'd like to say human as well mainly because of Zash.

Zash is an alien, a Clawdite. I don't see a problem with an alien wanting to enter the body of another alien.

Anyways, I think any species that isn't Human or Pureblood, simply because the Empire doesn't usually take Human slaves, and would probably never take a Pureblood as a slave. Purebloods are even treated better than humans, despite them being "alien scum."

• 1 year later...
I say a chiss, they just look really cool shooting force lightning. Any alien can work in this case. Maybe Kalig was just so unbelievably friggin powerful his species made little difference to the purebloods. There is an exception to every rule, or maybe Kalig or one his descandants fell in love with an alien, and used some sort of sorcery to make children with her. Kalig was a powerful sorcerer after all. In that case the inquisitor is mostly alien, not full alien. Edited by DARTHOSIRUS

• 1 year later...

I personally think that a pureblood inquisitor is possible as an option, I would like to share my thoughts and explain why I think this.

The ancestor to the inquisitor was a Sith Lord named Kallig, he was one of Tulak Hoard's top Generals, Tulak Hoard considered Kallig a threat and so he had him assassinated, Kallig tells the inquisitor that the reason that they were a slave was due to Kalligs own disgrace having allowed himself to be thoroughly betrayed, I would summise that Tulak Hoard being the victor had Kallig's relatives enslaved which would be a fate worse than death to a pureblood, I think that it is entierly probable that in order to preserve their lineage the family of Kallig may have bred amongst themselves and with other disgraced Sith families, purebloods being disgraced and sold to slavery as has previously been said, does happen.

It is for this reason that I find no problem playing a pureblood inquisitor.

Edited by Loranix
Punctuation

The issue with pureblood Sith Inquisitors is that the pureblood traits should have long ago been bred out of the family line. The Inquisitor's family has been enslaved for centuries, which mean your ancestors were effectively being bred with other slaves to produce more slaves. Slaves are basically livestock to the people who kept them.

While it isn't far-fetched that members of the Sith species could end up enslaved as a side of effect of the cutthroat politics on Korriban, there probably shouldn't be a large population of them floating around the galaxy. This should particularly be the case since Sith Purebloods as a species are considered rare by the time of SWTOR. There aren't many of them left. Any Sith Pureblood slaves would probably have ended up bred with the more common humans, since the two species can interbreed, and eventually they'd lost their Sith traits.

Chiss have the same issue. Since they aren't part of the Republic or the Empire, there shouldn't be a slave population of them large enough in Imperial space to support a Chiss Inquisitor, several centuries later.

As far as aliens go the more common species work best for the Inquisitor's background, like Zabrak or Twi'lek.

Edited by Aeneas_Falco

I can't see a Chiss being a Sith Inquisitor.

My reasons:

(1) Most Chiss are not force sensitive, though there were rare exceptions.

(2) The Chiss were for the most part allies to the empire which means that most Chiss would not be slaves and the Sith Inquisitor background is from slaves.

(3) Chiss were rare in the empire, other than a few that served in the Imperial Intelligence most Chiss were on their homeworld.

I don't see a Chiss really working for a sith Inquisitor based on those reasons.

The issue with pureblood Sith Inquisitors is that the pureblood traits should have long ago been bred out of the family line. The Inquisitor's family has been enslaved for centuries, which mean your ancestors were effectively being bred with other slaves to produce more slaves. Slaves are basically livestock to the people who kept them.

While it isn't far-fetched that members of the Sith species could end up enslaved as a side of effect of the cutthroat politics on Korriban, there probably shouldn't be a large population of them floating around the galaxy. This should particularly be the case since Sith Purebloods as a species are considered rare by the time of SWTOR. There aren't many of them left. Any Sith Pureblood slaves would probably have ended up bred with the more common humans, since the two species can interbreed, and eventually they'd lost their Sith traits.

Well what if some of the inquisitors distant ancestors survived the purge and changed their identities and spent the rest of the Tulak hoard era living on the sidelines, so those that werent enslaved were effectively forced to deny their heritage, this could account for alot, and as for being a slave what if the inquisitors direct family became enslaved for repeated or a major mistake leading to the inquisitor being born of pureblood but slave parentage and then released due to a significant connection to the Force as per current ruling?

I can't see a Chiss being a Sith Inquisitor.

My reasons:

(1) Most Chiss are not force sensitive, though there were rare exceptions.

(2) The Chiss were for the most part allies to the empire which means that most Chiss would not be slaves and the Sith Inquisitor background is from slaves.

(3) Chiss were rare in the empire, other than a few that served in the Imperial Intelligence most Chiss were on their homeworld.

I don't see a Chiss really working for a sith Inquisitor based on those reasons.

^ Also, remember, some Chiss were stationed on Hoth.

The only way I see a Chiss Inquisitor is if you give them a background that completely deviates from the game's story(i.e., your Agent or Hunter somehow has a Force sensitive child).

A friend of mine said that Chiss tend to look down on Force sensitives of their race, but I can't find a source for that.

Well what if some of the inquisitors distant ancestors survived the purge and changed their identities and spent the rest of the Tulak hoard era living on the sidelines, so those that werent enslaved were effectively forced to deny their heritage, this could account for alot, and as for being a slave what if the inquisitors direct family became enslaved for repeated or a major mistake leading to the inquisitor being born of pureblood but slave parentage and then released due to a significant connection to the Force as per current ruling?

That is a good point. Now that you mention it, it isn't really made clear when the Inquisitor's family fell into slavery, is it? We know that Tulak Hord was responsible for their downfall, but isn't specifically stated that he enslaved the family.

You're right that some of the less common alien species could work if the Inquisitor's family first flees as refugees after Kallig's fall, and the descent into slavery didn't happen until centuries later.

That is a good point. Now that you mention it, it isn't really made clear when the Inquisitor's family fell into slavery, is it? We know that Tulak Hord was responsible for their downfall, but isn't specifically stated that he enslaved the family.

You're right that some of the less common alien species could work if the Inquisitor's family first flees as refugees after Kallig's fall, and the descent into slavery didn't happen until centuries later.

I Have to say you also made a good point, I was about to accept that it couldn't be justified to have a pureblood inquisitor, If it had been stated that the entire bloodline was enslaved in Tulak Hoard's era then any pureblood traits would likely have been bred out due to the rarity of pureblood slaves, they would have had to breed with the more common Humans as you said, I think I read somwhere that it was roughly 2000 years between Tulak Hoard and the events of SWTOR, don't quote me on that though incase im wrong but by suggesting the inquisitor's family fell into slavery closer to SWTORs time I think it can work.

• 3 months later...

If I remember right, first time the Inquisitor talks to Lord K., he says . . ..flesh of my flesh, child of my child . .. ..(submit child with son or daughter, depending on what sex you are). . .. .

So, direct blood relation between Lord K and the Inquisitor.

Lord K was also a "friend" of the Lord that originally had Khem Val. Then he was betrayed by him.

Usually, from what happens at the end of chapter 1, with the information that Thanaton says, It is assumed that anything that connects to the Darth\Lord that was killed, is either wipped out (killed?) or "done away" with.

So, being put into slavery would work for a pureblood sith.

Since some pureblood sith are all about being pureblood and all, it stands to reason that they would, as slaves try to stay as much pureblood as they can, might breed with human once in a while. Might even go so far as seduce other pureblood non slaved sith to breed with 'em.

I have 2 inquisitors personally, a zabrak assassin and a twi'lek sorcerer. I don't know I just thought alien went with the back story better than human. And pureblood really doesn't make sense to me given the back story.

I noticed that in the advanced class window they show representations of the Sorcerer and Assasin as certain species. Now it may be that its a design decision, but I also think its a pretty good indication of what species are a pretty good match with the story.

I Have to say you also made a good point, I was about to accept that it couldn't be justified to have a pureblood inquisitor, If it had been stated that the entire bloodline was enslaved in Tulak Hoard's era then any pureblood traits would likely have been bred out due to the rarity of pureblood slaves, they would have had to breed with the more common Humans as you said, I think I read somwhere that it was roughly 2000 years between Tulak Hoard and the events of SWTOR, don't quote me on that though incase im wrong but by suggesting the inquisitor's family fell into slavery closer to SWTORs time I think it can work.

In the Andronikus convos you actually can talk about your history.

I think it varies a bit depending on species but I remember one of them being the SI was enslaved for killing some Imperials oppressing their people, so it's quite likely that the SI wasn't born into slavery at all.

• 6 months later...