I am a level 11 trooper with no advanced class

bladetwo

You need to go back to the Fleet, and from there you can get a mission to pick your advanced class.

You'll get an item in your inventory containing your gun and other equipment, be sure to equip it! (I didn't on my first character. I did Esseles with another Commando and I couldn't figure out how he got an assault cannon already :-) ).

You need to pick up the quest to get your advanced class before you can actually choose it. The quest giver is right off the elevator on the fleet, or located on your capital planet. For the republic, I believe they stand right outside the main senate building.

Look around for the quest symbol on your map, and they will talk with you about being approved for specialized training, and tell you your choices.

Then go the the Advanced class trainer and choose. Then go to your class trainer and train (note there will be two tabs now of things to train, don't forget to get your AC specific powers).

Hope this helps!

There's a fleet shuttle nearby the senate tower taxi. I don't see why you wouldn't be able to use it.

Yep, in the spaceport. And you should also have an ability called "Emergency Fleet Pass" or something similar which transports you to fleet.

Edited by amantheil