Legacy Race Unlock Concerns

Doominater

No, they are talking about races that you haven't been able to choose overall. And that would be crazy. You won't be running around as a Chiss smuggler, that would be crazy. So like for the Jedi side they MIGHT(Possibly) have the yoda race pick-able but I highly doubt it.

No, go watch the 1.2 Video, or watch the Guild Summit, if they have a video of it. If you make an agent or BH who's a Chiss, you can make a Chiss Smuggler. It won't make sense, but deal with it, Lol.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are independent Chiss. Just as there are Imperial leaning Mirialans in

The Jedi Knight Storyline, Alderaan.

Ran into a Chiss bartender once. Nobody says they have to be Imperial. Granted my IA is a Chiss, and

Kaliyo loves making my balls even bluer, up to a certain point.

Apologies, had to make the prerequisite joke on that subject. lol

Btw, that Chiss bartender was in Jedi Outcast when I was playing as Chuck Katarn... err, Kyle Norris... Whichever. xD

Edited by Captain_Zone

The Dawn of the Jedi series has several Sith (as in the original species) Jee'dai, the precursors to the Jedi. It is some 20000-25000 years before this game, but it's there. On Tython no less.

That's irrelevant to the game universe though. There were Neanderthals in France 20,000 - 30,000 years ago. That doesn't mean there'd be any walking around downtown Paris this year.

Hey Guys,

I am very concerned about some aspects of the upcoming race unlock options through the legacy system. If I understand this correctly if I have a level 50 Sith Pureblood, and I then make a Jedi I have the option for my Jedi to be a Sith Pureblood?

I am ok with many of the lore exceptions that Bioware has made (at one point they were not going to allow inquisitors to be Sith Pureblood because of the way that story starts), but I feel like all immersion will be completely and totally lost if there are a bunch of Sith Pureblood Jedi running around. I hope that I have misunderstood and that race unlocks are only for the Faction you unlocked it on as even though Sith Pureblood Agents would be a stretch it seems a much better alternative to having this warring species that despises Jedi to be a peace loving Jedi.

Nope, if your characters have the same legacy. That means that they get to have certain abilities like your other character because you other characters would be brothers, fathers, mothers, sisters, etc.

So hint hint. the possibility of being the same race is a lot.

my current list of new rolls once 1.2 comes out

Sith Pureblood Sage (using red lightsaber)

Chiss Sentinel (using one red and one blue lightsaber)

Rattataki Vanguard (blindly obedient to the Republic)

Miraluka Commando ("No wait, i thought you were blind. It's alright, trust me.")

All light side. and why, to make people upset and nerd-rage as much as possible;)

Edited by Moitteva
quoted removed post

My list of new rolls....

Pureblood Trooper (****smack Jorgan and Vik)

Pureblood Smuggler (****smack Corso)

Pureblood Consular (****smack Qyzen)

Pureblood Agent (****smack Kaliyo when she wants it rough)

Pureblood Bounty Hunter (****smack Skadge for being a dingleberry)

Pureblood Knight (for the ultimate ****smacks. Rusk and Scourge, who are BOTH in dire need of it)

Confirming I will buy the pureblood unlock, and then level a jedi knight to 50 just for the irony.

I saw this post and I just had to say as someone who's first character was a Jedi Knight I'm going to say your in for a surprise in Act I

now on to what I originally wanted to say. for my choice I would so roll a Chiss Smuggler if the race unlocks can be purchased in game. I cures that 1.2 trailer for making me rethink my Mirialan smuggler!

Honestly, my solution to the whole "There can't be Blind Troopers!" and "There can't be jedi sith!!" Is this...

Certain classes like Sith Pureblood CAN'T be played as other classes, and Mirilian on the Republic, then no very special races which are "Faction specific" could be played on the other faction. I think this is the only possible solution to all this >.<

but I feel like all immersion will be completely and totally lost if there are a bunch of Sith Pureblood Jedi running around.

Pureblood Jedi

that kind of stupid nonsense is what made me quit wow in the first place,please don't do that,don't destroy the game and its lore.

There is no way IN HELL,EVER,EVER that a pureplood can be part of the republic and a jedi at that.

Please dont do it.

Ok miraluka can be a sith,but comon, a pureblood can't be any Republic class,dont do it ,its just ... wrong.

Edited by Kaedusz

That's irrelevant to the game universe though. There were Neanderthals in France 20,000 - 30,000 years ago. That doesn't mean there'd be any walking around downtown Paris this year.

Actually, those big hulking guys that everyone mockingly call neanderthals in real life are probably displaying recessive neanderthal traits. And at any rate, it is completely relevant, because it shows that there were at one point Sith living places other than Korriban, pre-Sith Order. Which means Purebloods that came from interbreeding don't have to have come from the Sith Order - maybe they came from some temporarily lost colony world instead.

Yes, yes, purebloods were created through alchemy. That was when Star Wars was anti human/non-human hybrids through natural means. They no longer seem to follow that restriction.

that kind of stupid nonsense is what made me quit wow in the first place,please don't do that,don't destroy the game and its lore.

There is no way IN HELL,EVER,EVER that a pureplood can be part of the republic and a jedi at that.

Please dont do it.

Ok miraluka can be a sith,but comon, a pureblood can't be any Republic class,dont do it ,its just ... wrong.

Except of course for the fact that there can be pureblood jedi, there are pureblood jedi, and so there will be pureblood jedi.

Also, Miraluka are not blind. They have no eyes. There is a difference. They can see perfectly fine, they can even read and use a weapon's scope.

Edited by CelticMutt

Anyone can convert.

Anyone.

And I, for one, will accomplish this by levelling a (pureblood) character to 50, deleting him, and rerolling him as a Jedi. Keeping the other pureblood (Inquisitor) character I have, of course, because she's no convert.

I WANT it to be hard, and I'll make it hard on myself, but I'll also do my damnedest to play one so well nobody will have cause to complain.

Please dont do it.

According to a JK, on Corellia you get the option to kill or spare a Sith Pureblood. If you let him live, he turns to the Order. :-/

Some kind of individual cases maybe.Some sith pureblood turned to the light/became jedi and forgot what the jedi and the republic did in the Great Hyperspace war.ok 1 in a million,it is possible.

But being a playable class/race combination is different and kinda wrong.Imagine coming to Tython with that little ship and every1 greets you ,'' oh hi padawn,the flesh eaters are atacking us,pls help us please''and you being a red Sith.Realy?Srsly?

Also,how can a Miraluka be a non force user?

Every other class and race combination is ok .But these 2...

Edited by Kaedusz

Some kind of individual cases maybe.Some sith pureblood turned to the light/became jedi and forgot what the jedi and the republic did in the Great Hyperspace war.ok 1 in a million,it is possible.

But being a playable class/race combination is different and kinda wrong.Imagine coming to Tython with that little ship and every1 greets you ,'' oh hi padawn,the flesh eaters are atacking us,pls help us please''and you being a red Sith.Realy?Srsly?

Also,how can a Miraluka be a non force user?

Every other class and race combination is ok .But these 2...

Bioware came up with them. Hence, if they are willing to make them able to be Jedi/non force users, then that's their decision. Anyhow, I'd personally send the red-skinned Sith Pureblood Jedi first to go fight flesh raiders and hope he dies. :D

People are actally making a big deal over this? if you want fluff to be so tight then go to an RP server.

Heck, most people on RP servers I have talked to are okay with this anyhow. A lot of the people complaining just dislike things out of the box to this level.

Edited by Guildrum

According to a JK, on Corellia you get the option to kill or spare a Sith Pureblood. If you let him live, he turns to the Order. :-/

Actually, it's on Tatooine, and he ends up as part of your Jedi strike force on Corellia during the battle to save the planet. Lord Praven FTW! :D

No, they are talking about races that you haven't been able to choose overall. And that would be crazy. You won't be running around as a Chiss smuggler, that would be crazy. So like for the Jedi side they MIGHT(Possibly) have the yoda race pick-able but I highly doubt it.

except... if you watch the Legacy video, they SPECIFICALLY HIGHLIGHT a Chiss smuggler.

It's really stupidly unfair that people that get to 50 on a human or zabrak char will get no unlock, will have to actually pay in game credits to unlock other races.

Way to punish us for choices we made months ago when we were unaware of the consequences.

We get beards. That alone is worth it.

But seriously, don't humans get a presence bonus? And Zabrak are different colors depending on their faction, so I'm guessing this means you can be a skin-tone zabrak as a sith or a red zabrak as a jedi.

Actually, it's on Tatooine, and he ends up as part of your Jedi strike force on Corellia during the battle to save the planet. Lord Praven FTW! :D

Praven was one of the few parts of the JK storyline that made me go "aw cool!" Just because someone's a Sith doesn't mean they need to be Palapatine evil. When I saw him on Corellia I wanted to huggle him. And trade in that other pureblood I got. I can't even remember his name lol. He just hangs out in the ship basement brooding.

Praven was one of the few parts of the JK storyline that made me go "aw cool!" Just because someone's a Sith doesn't mean they need to be Palapatine evil. When I saw him on Corellia I wanted to huggle him. And trade in that other pureblood I got. I can't even remember his name lol. He just hangs out in the ship basement brooding.

That's Lord Scourge. Pseudo-celebrity and former companion of Revan. But yes, I agree with your assessment! lol Btw, awesome sig! :D Firefly FTW!

Edited by Captain_Zone