2/31/8 modding

jckimsey

So I run full deception at lvl 50 in wz's. I'm in full war hero gear but I'm not sure what item to purchase to ninja the mods. My power is only at 400 and, well, to be effective i was under the impression it should be closer to 700. Anyone have any ideas? Or could maybe point me in the right direction?

Sounds good, thanks! I've just been comparing my stats to some of the videos, and my mods are way off

Since I can see that you're looking for advice in a civil manner, I'll offer up some things that have helped me along the way.

Benchmarks to aim for...

25% crit unbuffed. With the operative buff and first tier madness talent this will leave you with 39% crit buffed. Anything more is overkill and stats wasted where they could otherwise be useful.

75% crit multiplier/surge. That's the cap and DR kicks in pretty hard afterwards.

96.9% accuracy. Same philosophy as excessive crit.

The rest allocated in power. You can achieve this more easily at the WH gear level by ripping the mods and enhancements from the force master boots. At EWH gear level work on obtaining your weapon, offhand, belt, bracers, and relics first. They're the most significant upgrades at that gear level. All other min/maxing after that point is give or take and can be tailored to personal preference.

Good luck and have fun.

Edited by Cowflab

Since I can see that you're looking for advice in a civil manner, I'll offer up some things that have helped me along the way.

Benchmarks to aim for...

25% crit unbuffed. With the operative buff and first tier madness talent this will leave you with 39% crit buffed. Anything more is overkill and stats wasted where they could otherwise be useful.

Good luck and have fun.

The crit buff is not working for deception as most of the build revolves the surging charge and that dont benefit from the crit bonus, which i dont really get considering that deception is the most crit heavy build.

The crit buff is not working for deception as most of the build revolves the surging charge and that dont benefit from the crit bonus, which i dont really get considering that deception is the most crit heavy build.

... :confused:

I'm talking about explosive strikes. Not crackling charge. If you want to maximize your dps, stacking crit is not how you do it.

Edited by Cowflab

So I switched some mods and I'm really starting to see the difference. Crit is at 24% surge 74% and acc 98% with about 480 power unbuffed. I think once I have everything augmented with the overkill augment I should be closer to 600 power. I'm already seeing those 5.5k crits with maul though so in quite happy lol. Thanks again for taking the time to educate me!

So I switched some mods and I'm really starting to see the difference. Crit is at 24% surge 74% and acc 98% with about 480 power unbuffed. I think once I have everything augmented with the overkill augment I should be closer to 600 power. I'm already seeing those 5.5k crits with maul though so in quite happy lol. Thanks again for taking the time to educate me!

Accuracy is high imo. I am just at 95% with around 23% crit unbuffed with around 1300ish power which I think I am around 670 bonus damage and 950ish force but I am still at the office so that might be off a bit. I also run all power augs.

Accuracy is high imo. I am just at 95% with around 23% crit unbuffed with around 1300ish power which I think I am around 670 bonus damage and 950ish force but I am still at the office so that might be off a bit. I also run all power augs.

I agree. I usually just run with the accuracy from the striker implants and earpiece and seem to do fine. I believe that puts melee acc at about 95.6% or something. Imo, as long as you keep your force acc at or around 100%, you'll be fine. From what I've seen through personal experience between running high crit vs. high power, I get better results running all power. Crits don't come as often but when they do, whoever you're hitting will notice due to 1/3 of their life disappearing in one hit.

Edited by Cowflab

... :confused:

I'm talking about explosive strikes. Not crackling charge. If you want to maximize your dps, stacking crit is not how you do it.

My mistake thought you meant the bonus lightning charge get, how ever i still think that having deception benefit from the crit bonus would make the most sence considering that massive damage buff we get to crit on shock.

Something to look at if you want more power is(sorry I dont remember wich piece exactly) one of the set of boots of the WH gear, there is something like 39 power on the mod. The only thing I remember is that those boots are on the top of the list when you scroll up and down the WH gear at the vendor (obviously its not the survivor boots)

I've not looked at the EWH but I guess there is at least one piece with power on the mod.

Something to look at if you want more power is(sorry I dont remember wich piece exactly) one of the set of boots of the WH gear, there is something like 39 power on the mod. The only thing I remember is that those boots are on the top of the list when you scroll up and down the WH gear at the vendor (obviously its not the survivor boots)

I've not looked at the EWH but I guess there is at least one piece with power on the mod.

Force master's boots. Already mentioned in my previous post.

Another update for you guys. Once again thanks to everyone for all the advice. I've got my power at about 620 and crit at 25% with acc at 95 and surge at 76. I'm seeing those 6k crits now and a lot of 5k crits. Soloing and even 2v1 are almost a given if my CDs are up! I'm loving deception and how far it's come!