Share Your 1st Anniversary Celebration Moments with the community!

CourtneyWoods

A complete slap in the face. Seriously? How do I celebrate with NO event? A multi million dollar AAA MMO on their first Anniversary gives out FIREWORKS?

You are so completely disconnected from your player-base if you think people are going to post "their celebration moments"!

This is just fail fail fail!

Edited by Klarick

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guess I'll celebrate the same as I did shortly after 1.2, the founders of BioWare leaving, the loss of the BioWare teams, and the complete takeover of ea sports devs (the intern department? [my guess]}.

I'll shelve my broken characters and hope that once again someday i will be able to actually play them.

Here would be a great way to celebrate the 1 year anniversary, bring back 45 minute queue times just to login. Those sure were fun times...

Thanks for the fireworks, now can you please fix the memory leak problem, you remember, the one that was in beta, the one that was in the game still at launch. The one you finally fixed with 1.2 only to break again with 1.4

Been playing since Pre-launch, Quit WoW after 4 years to play this game, glad I did too. But seriously BW, I don't care about the Cartel Market, I know its a cash grab, don't care about events or the lack there of, I just want to play this game without crashing to the desktop every 2 hours or less. My computer is far above the minimum requirements to play this game so I'd just like to actually be able to play it without having to restart the game every hour so that I don't have to live in fear of it crashing to Desktop in the middle of my guilds Hardmode TFB runs. :mad:

Happy Anniversary, please just make the game playable again.

Celebrate? What is there to celebrate? A year of not being heard and pre-launch bugs not being fixed to this day...and when new one show it's the players that are blamed? Yeah...I don't think so....you know what i did with the firework emails i got with my toons.....DELETED THEM/. Didn't even take the fireworks...so useless along with all the Life Day BS that we have to pay for either with money or in-game credits. Some celebration this is going to be.

It is rather sad that so much time and development went into for-pay features. Things like chair-sitting, chat bubbles and the like still are not around. These were said to be comming "soon" back in march of 2011. Daniel Erikson said it was "embarrassing" that these basic launch features still were not in as of March.

Too whoever decided that "celebration" :

Please next time :

- Check at least wookiepedia to see if your cannon in the universe your using. Life Day is a Wookie feast who will be generalized during and after the Palpatine empire. So in 3000 years you'll have been right.

- Check what other MMO have done for such event (Everquest fireworks anniversary, WoW "no it's not christmas" event and the like)

- Please avoid the Pay 2 Have Fun for people who already Pay 2 Play. (pre order CE 6 month subscriber speaking)

- And Pretty Please (with the cherry on top) Give us nice things for OUR anniversary. We've played 1 full years isn't it as much our anniversary as it is the game's one ? So far people are selling the "gifts" on Ebay (ok in SWTOR it's called the GTN) Is there a worst insult ?

P.S. : You're lucky, i'm a fan of Star Wars since 1977 ...

Edited by Cylnael

Well, I was all about clebration and had hope that fire works will be part of smth bigger.

I was wrong again.

It need to be said that this game heve only one thing that lures me here - Star Wars.

Trow it away and name it KotOR only and I'm out because there is absolutly nothing to do after You finish class story. No events, no mini games (ok we have Rail Wars which I like for some reason) which could help waiting for PvP or PvE.

Also there are TONS of unused space (ships in fleet, space stations etc.) no possibility to sit on banches. Really small thing that could help to make all surroundings less sterile.

I will not mention about Cartel Market...

If You really need me to celebrate smth I will celebrate lets say... This game survived whole year against all doom bringers.

B.R.

Leigabar

Edited by Leigabar

Celebrate.. Yeah I must have missed that memo, migth have been in the fireworks email? After what you've done for the holiday in this game you expect us to celebrate? You seen the backlash you had gotten from the other treads and yet you somehow felt the need to make this one? What did you think would happen, all your biodrones would show up in droves to defend you and play captain save-a-ho? Even they're embarrassed to show their faces in here.

I understand your need/want to sell stuff in the cartel store, I really do but to add the lifeday things is a slap in the face to your customers. I get that by people buying stuff it's for the better of the game so long as the profits go to further developement of the game and not recycled back into the cartel shop for an endless stream of fluff, oh wait :rolleyes:

You guys claim to have an ear to the ground, listening to what the players want and say you value our wants and desires but all you do is ignore or do the opposite, it's more like you have your head in your own *** with ear muffs on. How much more do you expect to your customers to take before they finally say "I've had enough of this carpet burn on my knees, I need a game where I don't need to worry about knee pads, chapstick and lube" because there's only so much someone is willing to deal with before it's gone too far.

If you want me to celebrate try GIVING your customers the holiday fluff or an event to earn them, if not then how about giving us the option to buy the licence back with cartel coins and give it to another company who will actually give the IP some actual love and care for it's customers.

Edited by H-aTreD

Why '25 stacks' as opposed to a reusable item similar to the flare gun?

So you can buy more ubber fireworks at the shop ..... XDDDDDDDD the guy that designed it is a pure genius

mmm i think ppl that buys fireworks from cartel market should get a title, but im refraining from saying what title :D

I gotta say, it's pretty sad that this got unstickied. It's almost like they want to quietly sweep it under the carpet...

The thing is look at what Warhammer Online managed to do for it's 1 year anivesary (and that game was in real trouble at that time), and yes SWTOR manages.......... 1 stack of fireworks..... in WARs 1 year aniversary fireworks dropped from MOBs for a whole month (never mind all the other rewards, the dungeon, the quests, the exp and RvR boosts also going on for the whole month).

I honestly had to sign in and post because the amount of...whining... is near meltdown level!

It amazes me how instead of taking the gift and thanking them, as is the custom when receiving gifts, you feel the need to rip them apart for it. It's astounding!!!

(you might say "thank THEM FOR WHAT?! I STILL HAVE XYZ PROBLEM THAT THEY IGNORE!!!) The bolded part is an accusation that I see leveled way too often and has no basis. Some people's reasoning might bring them to that conclusion, mine takes me to the reason that they are complex bugs that need time to iron out. Yes yes I know "MORE TIME???" well apparently so.

You can't say "I pay so I deserve to have these bugs fixed now!" because it's naive to want such instant gratification when you're not able to examine the problem. Besides there is the F2P version so you're not required to pay (Restrictions aside).

As to the quoted part, it amazes me how people (honestly?) think that if they work on one thing, they ignore another thing. Yes, i'm sure they stopped working on fixing bug fixes to make fireworks, real logical conclusion.

Bah!!!!

That is all.

I agree with this post

Dear EA/Bioware,

In celebration of OUR accomplishment of one full year of subscription, you have decided to bestow upon us fireworks and thank you kindly for those. However i find that they are quite worthless. I fired 4 of them.

It's especially joyous when my character just stands there when i fire off the firework, doing his/her normal lookaround shuffle idle thing. You can't even tie a /cheer into it, make it so we clap hands and squeal or something (yes in the future all emotes must cost us CC, but you could have recycled existing ones at least) It would be nice if there was at least some imaginary simulated delight going on somewhere, over this trumped up, much heralded and celebrated firework.

Joy upon Joy, i have fired a firework, when all of my Characters were given an even more useless flare gun at the start of their simulated lives...

I know those "I quit" posts are soooo annoying to people, but I get them now. I gotta say this somewhere, and this thread is asking for it. You want input as to how I am celebrating our 1 year anniversary.

I am celebrating by downloading Secret World and moving on. My subscription has been cancelled.

This whole event is a blind cash grab to squeeze us, subscribers or not, and it as transparent as glass. You guys are just riding high off the cash you have raked in since going F2P.

I hope that one day I can come back and not be repulsed by the in-your-face greed you exhibit, but something tells me that this behavior is just getting started. Maybe it's the miles worth of wasted text in these forums i have been too fanboyish to pay real attention too. Wish I did sooner.

SO LONG SUCKTOWN!

-Q

This is my first post, perhaps could be my last post... :p ...given all the current long-term unresolved issues in the game amidst a seemingly successful short-term cash grab, I actually thought the Fireworks were a practical joke they were playing on us and the real celebration with gifts we may remember one year from now will come shortly, perhaps we can still live in hope. ;)

Tip to Management: More Soul less $oul. :cool:

I agree with a lot of people that the Life Day stuff was nothing but a greedy cash grab by EA/Bioware.... I think they saw a lot of subscribers spending money on the cash shop when it first came out and figured we would continue to spend on items normally given free to subscribers in other MMO's.