HK-51 applied to Legacy's

SparkTangent

Maybe I'm missing something, or late to the party and missed the explanation, but I just unlocked HK-51 to one of my characters, but then switched to another character on my Legacy, and he is nowhere to be found on the ship. Do I have to complete the quest line again to get HK on that character?

If given the choice of spending real money, or 1 million credits, I chose option 3, just went and re-quest it on the new character in about 3 hours, which was 2 Flashpoints and quick time searching the planets. Net gain, only spent 125k in-game money and kept my real money in the bank. Remember, each time you want HK-51 on a different character you have to choose 1 of 3 options, and for me 3 hours of in-game time was better.

You can open your legacy panel, choose character perks and unlock him there.

It costs 1.000.000 credits or 350 cartel coins for each character.

He will come with lvl 50 gear on, his gun won't work (does no damage) if ur below lvl 50 so if ur below 50 I recommend you replace it with a gun ur lvl along with replacing all his gear which will be usable at lvl 50 again.

If given the choice of spending real money, or 1 million credits, I chose option 3, just went and re-quest it on the new character in about 3 hours, which was 2 Flashpoints and quick time searching the planets. Net gain, only spent 125k in-game money and kept my real money in the bank. Remember, each time you want HK-51 on a different character you have to choose 1 of 3 options, and for me 3 hours of in-game time was better.
If you're a subscriber, you get more than enough "free" Cartel Coins every month to unlock HK-51, one of the more worthwhile things to use them for, it would seem.

Then perhaps I need to head over to customer support, because on one of the lower level characters I have, the Legacy slot for HK is already unlocked, but no droid to be found. Thanks for your input so far, everybody.

There are two different perks. One applies to granting you the ability to unlock hk-51 on all your characters -- you get that once you complete the series on any character. That's under "Other" under the legacy perks.

Then, under Character perks, under all the boxes that affect companion affection and junk selling, are two boxes, one for imperials and one for republic players, that allow you to unlock hk-51 for that character. Make sure you are checking under character perks.

Query: So then how do you get HK-51 for those low level characters?

Statement: I was under the impression that if you're subscribed, you get HK-51 for all new characters. I've seen some say that HK makes leveling easy. So they have him while leveling.

As said above you select character perks in your legacy panel and there you can unlock him, there will be 2 boxes, one is for unlocking him on a republic character and the other for a imperial character.

You need to be on the character you want to unlock him on and it will cost 1 million credits OR 350 cartel coins.

Sadly there isn't a option to unlock him on all character, you have to unlock him on each one paying full price on each character.

As said above you select character perks in your legacy panel and there you can unlock him, there will be 2 boxes, one is for unlocking him on a republic character and the other for a imperial character.

You need to be on the character you want to unlock him on and it will cost 1 million credits OR 350 cartel coins.

Sadly there isn't a option to unlock him on all character, you have to unlock him on each one paying full price on each character.

Statement: That's what I thought.

Agreement: Sadly indeed.

To unlock HK-51 on a low level character, it is a 2 step process

1. Unlock him via the mission chain on a level 50 character.

2. Purchase him via credits or cartel coins on the Legacy Character Perks page.

Note: it is a Legacy perk, if you start a new legacy on a different server, then you will have to get the new character to level 50 and unlock HK-51 via the mission chain.

As a subscriber I can tell you it is NOT automatic that you get him on all new characters.

Is he worth buying for a low level characters? Hell yea. You will need to get some level appropriate gear for him since he comes with lvl 50 stuff (untill you are 50, it is "broken" on him) a couple thousand at the GTN will work, but a decent blaster/sniper rifle and a couple other items, and frankly he is overpowered until around level 30. At which point things start balancing out, but he is still useful through to level 50.

I don't know why you would want to. He's cool and all, but has no dialogue in conversations so you're missing out on those from your other companions and their affection gains. If they really put the effort in and gave him special dialogue for your missions (mainly class ones) + possible to gain affection with your choices rather than just through gifts, I would use him.

I don't know why you would want to. He's cool and all, but has no dialogue in conversations so you're missing out on those from your other companions and their affection gains. If they really put the effort in and gave him special dialogue for your missions (mainly class ones) + possible to gain affection with your choices rather than just through gifts, I would use him.

I'm a completionist and want the availability really, even if he rarely was ever used. Thanks guys.

• 7 months later...

I'm gonna necro this thread:

Start a new smuggler and deck him out in the Czerka Security outfit, and apply the Czerka droid customization to HK as early as possible, and then run around as an ex-Czerka crew, or a pro-Czerka duo with whatever interesting story can come from that.

That's what I'm going to do.

• 1 year later...

hmmm - newer player to the game, but thought I might ask/post here before trying to submit a ticket.

I did the mission line (enjoyed it!), and unlocked it on my Shadow. The gear HK came with was below level, but I had acquired other essentially 'naked' companions during the 12x exp grab. I stripped out all the 50 blue mods, armoring, and enhancements from both his equipped gear and the bag of gear that showed up in my inventory, which is similar as to when you acquire Treek. (And for Treek, an extra bag of gear has shown up each time I have gotten Treek).

Yesterday, I went ahead and picked another HK up, vial the Cartel Coin legacy unlock, on a 35 alt. He showed up in my companions list instantly, and had his 1st convo when I got to my ship. However, the extra bag of gear - which I planned on stripping for all the blues when I hit 50, for myself and/or for Treek - is nowhere to be seen - not in inventory, not in mailbox.

Anyone have any insight? Should have I waited until 50 to purchase? Do the legacy/cash HK unlocks NOT get the extra bag of gear? Is it only a 1-time deal per account? Is it only awarded when you do the actual quests?

I have a stable of 6 other characters, and they well all get him - but that bag o goodies I do have a use for!

So summon whatever other companion needs an affection boost before you start the convo. Then switch back to HK after. His affection doesn't matter, unless you're sending him on crew skill missions.

Remember:

Affection boosts your companion's crew skill results, and only crew skills.

Presence boosts your companion's combat results (HP, damage, and healing), and only combat.

So summon whatever other companion needs an affection boost before you start the convo. Then switch back to HK after. His affection doesn't matter, unless you're sending him on crew skill missions.

Remember:

Affection boosts your companion's crew skill results, and only crew skills.

Presence boosts your companion's combat results (HP, damage, and healing), and only combat.

Not to mention it DOES gain affection from conversation choices on Makeb (why are we referring to droids as "he?"). HK-51 is the best DPS companion in the game, so it's quite sensible to want him early on a tank or healer toon.

Treek does, too. And is the best healing companion in the game, for your DPS toons.