Scheduled Maintenance: June 25th, 2013 [Updated]

AmberGreen

... but I am looking forward to seeing if they hold on their promise that paid character transfers will be happening in 2.2.1.

Transfers are targeted for 2.2.1, but can and will be deferred if they discover additional critical bugs. The last post regarding this was on 6/18.

Hey folks,

Yes, Paid Character Transfers are still slated for 2.2.1. The reason we didn't post anything about it is that simply put, nothing changed. I will typically only post about something changing from what I had already stated previously.

Paid Character Transfers are still slated for 2.2.1 which is targeted for next Tuesday, June 25th. I will let you know if anything changes, the second it changes.

-eric

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why not do a staggered update?

I'd speculate that some small vocal minority would complain about others having access to content first. With the vehement arguments that arise from "world firsts", this seems like a likely result.

Will companions finally be fixed? Such as forgetting to enter various stances, buffs randomly vanishing, the same colored gear in story scenes not really happening (what if someone payed for that feature hmm?), helmets stay on in story scenes and finally the annoying stuttery companion random respawn? Edited by BounceDK

A new vehicle is available in the Cartel Market! The Aratech Rose

Yay new mount! :)

Paid Character Transfers are now available! Players can visit their Account Page on swtor.com to transfer their characters to a new server. Cost: 1,800 Cartel Coins

:D Nothing more to say.

•Adjusted the Exhaustion Zone boundaries in The Sandstorm Juggernaut area to prevent players from exiting the intended game area.[/Quote]

Shouldn't ten be listed under Scam and Villainy and not TFB?

Legacy

•Achievements which require a task to be completed a certain number of times (such as "Kill 100 Flesh Raiders") will now transfer as intended when players switch servers.

•Titles that are earned by completing Achievements will now transfer as intended when players switch servers.

Worded deceptively :jawa_confused:

"When players switch servers" - does this intend to mean everyone who already switched servers and has a completely broken achievement list are NOT being fixed, only those who will transfer after the patch will transfer as intended?? :(

The patch notes don't say that the achievements will be fixed for those who are already broken (APAC), they just say from now on it won't break.

Are our achievements still being fixed tonight? And *how* are they being fixed? Will it just fix the broken ones? Will it erase ones we've gotten since? Will partial ones we have achieved since transfer now be reduced by the number of toons we transferred?

If we don't know how the fix is supposed to work, how will we know if it's acted correctly?

For example...

Dance with 10, 100, 1000 womprats

You had danced with 5 before transfer (1/10, 1/100, 1/1000)

You transfer 10 toons, you get the bug

You have 50/10, 50/100 and 50/1000

The first one is bugged (10), the other still work

Since transfer, you dance with 50 more womprats

50/10 is still bugged, no change

But you now have 100/100 = achievement is complete

And you have 100/1000

What will the fix do? Possibly options I can see...

A) Divide everything by number of toons: 5/10, 10/100, 10/1000

Does completed achievement break or reset? Do you lose the work you've done since transfer?

B) Divide partial achievements only: 5/10, 100/100, 10/1000

You lose some of the work you've done since transfer, but not completed achievements

C) Reset of any partially completed: 0/10, 100/100, 0/1000

You've lost all your work if it wasn't completed

D) Divide only broken achievements (i.e. anything over the total required): 5/10, 100/100, 100/1000

Best solution because the broken stuff is fixed, you don't lose any completed and you have actually gained from the bug (100/1000, even though you'd done 55).

E) Another option...

I'd really like to know how this is supposed to be implemented so I know if it is fixed properly for me. If there is an exploit, please add it to patch notes after the patch is deployed. Otherwise, unless it is D, I'm gonna have to put in a ticket for whatever has been lost cos I won't know if it's deliberate.

Edited by CrazyMcGee

The Turncoat Armor Set is now permanently discounted. Cost: 600 Cartel Coins

The Turncoat Armor Set is now discounted by 75% (off of the new permanently reduced price). Cost: 150 Cartel Coins

I'd be lying if I said I didn't see that one coming.