Best Class Ever

NumberZeroX

I have played a lot of classes but Guardian has been the best. When I play Guardian I am able to take out people that are about 5 lvls higher then me. I always get a ton of medals playing my Guardian. It is my most favorite class I have played. It is a fun class to play. Guardian also works really well in hutball. My sent. was ok but over all I'd say Guardian is better :D. Anyone else agree?

Out of all the classes, my guardian had the best story but my bounty huntard is so much more fun to play. Funny thing is I waited until last to make a BH, assuming I wouldn't enjoy it. :p Edited by Connar

Having played every class, most to 50, my opinion is:

Marauder/Sentinel is hands down the most fun, most versatile, most well-rounded class in the game. Most other classes have gaps in their game, but that's not the case here. They have all the tools they need and all 3 trees are viable depending on how you want to play, PvE and PvP.

Funnest class to play: Bounty Hunter/Trooper

Nope ---Female smuggler. Not even close.

Best story I will agree with you.

Love the solo play style of the inf Shadow, but have been frustrated in the after 50 content with it.

Sawbones is my main, so it has a special place. I will fight to my last breathe saying it is the best healing class (or tied with my Operative), but I will not call it the best class because the difficulty is solo leveling a sawbones. My Agent on the other hand I leveled dps and respec at 50, easy leveling. Shadow was the same, solo leveling, solo heroics while CCing and killing everything. Still, watchman does not need CCs or Stealth to solo and kill everything, don't even need to waist time with a healing or tank companion.

Haven't gotten to the rest on the Imp side, but for now I will go with Knight - Sentinel Watchman. I was really worried about this class when I started soloing it. I have been on many boss fight for the Knight with both my Sawbones and Shadow, guild mates, friends and many just from people in general chat frustrated to the point of almost quitting. However, I haven't had any problems with boss fights (maybe because I have seen most of them or because I have all the buffs all the time now).

I do know for sure the Tropper is my least favorite.

Edited by mikebevo

Marauder/Sentinel is hands down the most fun, most versatile, most well-rounded class in the game. Most other classes have gaps in their game, but that's not the case here. They have all the tools they need and all 3 trees are viable depending on how you want to play, PvE and PvP.

As a fellow Ebon Hawk player and one of the original Marauders I totally agree. The **** that I pull off in WZs in beyond bonkers. My first true love will always be my Marauder.

Having said that, I think that every single class is fun to play if you get into it. No matter what class, if you get into the class mechanics and open up your game, you'll have a good time.

But yes Marauders are awesome. For me the best spec by far is Annihilation and trust me, it is uber competitive with Carnage and Rage, don't let anyone lie to you about it.

I've played almost every class tree in the game at least somewhat (sig is outdated), and playing my 2500 rating Vigilance Guardian is definitely one of the best experiences I've had in MMOs. I've enjoyed almost every class tree, but I always come back to my Guardian. There are a lot of interesting ways to use the different skills that I don't see people doing that can really allow Guardians to contribute contribute greatly in full team battles and small skirmishes, in both offensive and defensive capacities.

I'm glad to see that you really enjoy your class, OP. Don't let anyone tell you that you're wrong for enjoying your Guardian.

Edited by Andrew_Past

Oh yeah, definitely. I've been a Marauder since the very beginning and we are Absolute Murderous Machines of Utter Death in the right hands. All three specs are viable, and I've mastered each one, though I prefer Carnage for its burst, Massacre and its awesome animation, and faster Predations.

And we also have one of the best stories in-game :p

• 2 months later...
Out of all the classes, my guardian had the best story but my bounty huntard is so much more fun to play. Funny thing is I waited until last to make a BH, assuming I wouldn't enjoy it. :p

I did the same thing with my Smuggler dude. I almost was planning on skipping the class entirely, but I decided to level it up and try out the AC. I am hooked, I currently love my Scoundrel. Dirty kick has my laughing, and so do the constant one liners ("OK Captain Crazy"). Glad I tried it. The Scoundrel is pretty cool how it has a mix of ranged and melee abilities.

/cough "hard stun and KB" /cough

I also agree that my Guardian is my most rounded toon. I've played most (although never a Sent/Mara, I'll roll one when they're nerfed) so I have a good idea of how to counter everything which helps. There is no WZ, Op or FP where I feel useless or unable to complete but I do acknowledge there are times other classes have it easier.

My first 50 was a shadow, I got him to cap very quickly, there weren't many other 50s at that time. Even so with non instance gear I was soloing heric 4 mans easily in balance spec. I was able to basically kite anything I didnt want to let hit me + stealth and cc ability that class is very strong.

I have a 60 sent and mara a that both run watchman/rage and all i can say is they can go toe to toe with most anything. You really dont need a healer when you are playing in watchman. I had my healer up in a spuer elite mob but he was out of range, my mara was still able to kill it solo without heals or extra dps from a companion, i have only been able to to do that while kiting with a shadow previously. Recently I have seen an absolute million of them running around. I remember in beta before they added the centering, zen mechanic sents were pretty weak. The centering mechanic however has made them pretty OP though, no other class can do that kind of sustained damage and heal + defensives. I find it weird that a watchman will out survive a guardian in solo situations. I love the class though lots of fun.

I also have an operative concealment in the 40's. Fun but compared to a sentinel it seems like you are going slow and working a lot harder to do what the sent just steamrolls through. I have a powertech in the 40s also but havent played him in a long time. When did they make the whole pyrotech tree 10m range? Totally kills it for me.

Currently I am playing a guardian focus spec and am at level 43. i love this class. I know sentinels seem to be favored much more but guardians are pretty sweet also. I havent played another class that can take out large groups of mobs faster than a focus guardian, i suppose a sent could do it also but I can imagine playing anything but watchman with one(best tree in the game imo). Dps guardians could use some more group utility to bring them in line with sentinels though.