Save 112 mil by doing new ransom achievement in a group (Dantooine spoilers)

TheRandomno

Edit: Doesn't work, it will cost 150 mil. Trying to edit title

There is a new achievement on Dantooine called "The Golden Way". It requires paying the bounty for the heroic mission "Reactor Ransom" 10 times, with each go costing 15 million.

If you want to save a considerable amount of money, do the mission in a group. You can split the cost 4 ways and it will only cost 37.5 million in total.

More information here.

Edited by TheRandomno

There is a new achievement on Dantooine called "The Golden Way". It requires paying the bounty for the heroic mission "Reactor Ransom" 10 times, with each go costing 15 million.

If you want to save a considerable amount of money, do the mission in a group. You can split the cost 4 ways and it will only cost 37.5 million in total.

More information here.

Is it just an achievement? Do you get anything more substantial than that? Do you need to pay 15mil to do that heroic or is it only for the achievement bounty?

Is it just an achievement? Do you get anything more substantial than that? Do you need to pay 15mil to do that heroic or is it only for the achievement bounty?

All answered in the link. The achievement gives an item called "Yarvok's Gratitude" which makes you glow gold for 30 seconds. The payment for the heroic is optional; the intended way is to fight stuff.

All answered in the link. The achievement gives an item called "Yarvok's Gratitude" which makes you glow gold for 30 seconds. The payment for the heroic is optional; the intended way is to fight stuff.

LoL, well Keith did say he wanted more credit sinks in the game

LoL, well Keith did say he wanted more credit sinks in the game

Are they credit sinking the right people? I can only see this affecting serious achievement hunters and people who have enough money that they can spend this much on a somewhat lame vanity item.

I've now heard that this doesn't work, which is entirely possible since I was just basing it off the line in the article.

Would appreciate any confirmation from someone who can test in-game

Confirmed, tried 2 times, didnt work 2 times. Only the buyer gets the credit for the achievements

If they wanna make credit sink, then they should give us options to buy copies of decos we already own, like you can do in guild sh's and flagship. And not by wasting 150mill on a achiv poo-doo and some glow. Good luck to those,who will spend it.

Can I spend it ? Yes

Will I spend it ? NO !

I could be wrong as I haven't spent much time on Dantooine but can't you buy some gratitude item from the rep vendor for 1 credit.

I imagine it does the same thing, if it does instead of a credit sink, shouldn't this be referred to as a moron tax? You can spend 1 credit or 15 million for the same thing. Though given some people defence of subscribing to a game no matter what it offers, they could well have found people that would pay 15 million times the price for the same thing and argue that its value for credits.

I could be wrong as I haven't spent much time on Dantooine but can't you buy some gratitude item from the rep vendor for 1 credit.

I imagine it does the same thing, if it does instead of a credit sink, shouldn't this be referred to as a moron tax? You can spend 1 credit or 15 million for the same thing. Though given some people defence of subscribing to a game no matter what it offers, they could well have found people that would pay 15 million times the price for the same thing and argue that its value for credits.

The prerequisite to buying that item is to have the achievement completed. The achievement is what takes 150mil to complete. That 1 credit item is for your alts ONCE you have completed the 150mil achievement.

Edit: Doesn't work, it will cost 150 mil. Trying to edit title

More information here.

I will personally wait to see if this is confirmed.

In the mean time I will say this: I don't even have that kind of credits.. If I did I would boost everyone of my companions to make preperation for something more useful like getting into crafting more . [please see note at bottom].

IMO... 15 mil for just a "glow" or achievement is a waste. 150 mi. IMO that's insane . Now If I'm looking for a nice new weapon , piece of armor ... or perhaps trying to get something REALY nice to enhance my game experience ... MAYBE ... but 15 Mil RELAY. I guess I really have been passed up by just about everyone in this game.

--------------------------------

**** [Note] **** proir to retirement I really did work a rediculous number of hours every week. No complaint. We did what was necessary to take care of one of my primary responsibilities in life. It was worth it to me. NOW I have a little extra time on my hands I can enjoy investing a little time here in attempting to explore areas like the benefits of crafting.

I did this with my bf and he paid, I did not get credit.

When contacting support about it, the reply was as follows:

"We have investigated the account and we would like to inform you that the reason you have not recieved the achievement is, you have not paid credits from your character. Since all the group member have to pay the credits, only then they are awarded with the achievement"

So sharing the payment apparently gives you the quest, not the achievement, and it is working as intended.

I have expressed my deepest disklike regarding this absolute ****-up of an achievement, it will apparentley cost you 150 million, no way around it.

I would not mind having the glowy item cost 150 million, I do not want it anyway. But an achievement?

That is just... so stupid I am at a loss for words.

Edited by AngelCath

"We have investigated the account and we would like to inform you that the reason you have not recieved the achievement is, you have not paid credits from your character. Since all the group member have to pay the credits, only then they are awarded with the achievement"

So sharing the payment apparently gives you the quest, not the achievement, and it is working as intended.

I have expressed my deepest disklike regarding this absolute ****-up of an achievement, it will apparentley cost you 150 million, no way around it.

I would not mind having the glowy item cost 150 million, I do not want it anyway. But an achievement?

It's like a sad April fools joke from Bioware to its players.

15 million is a joke (and should have granted to aura). 150 million is simply an insult, almost as if to mock the playerbase.

Even the way the achievement is worded seems to make fun of people who actually decide to pay the 150 million, basically sounding like "the pirate king wondered whether anyone would be foolish enough to actually pay his ransom multiple times."

I agree. Perhaps a beter question would be: " Exactly what achievement did you call this ... "

REALLY ??

Some of us might have a different title for that one !

:D :D :D

"No Reward is worth this " ???

Edited by OlBuzzard

At first I thought it was a joke, until I saw it myself. :eek: There are probably too many credits in the game. But I do not spend so much on a stupid title. If they had a title, an armor, a weapon, a mount, a pet, etc. (all together), I would have thought about it. ;)

It's a fun glowy thing for people who don't care about credits, or take life to serious. If you can't afford it, or don't want to spend money, then fine, that''s your choice, but insulting people who do have or want to have a little fun just puts a sour lemon in your mouth ;)

At first I thought it was a joke, until I saw it myself. :eek: There are probably too many credits in the game. But I do not spend so much on a stupid title. If they had a title, an armor, a weapon, a mount, a pet, etc. (all together), I would have thought about it. ;)

While I agree with you all about this.

SWG had one of those too late in the game.

Billionare Title, and I mean TITLE only!

Sink 1 Billion Cr, what you got was a Title, a few did get it just to have it and no other usefull thing to spend money on.

So yeah, I few of us did get it, but it's a way to have BW remove Cr, from the game, either you like it or not.

To answer the next one, No I don't have it here, No I won't get it, :D