Jugg Tank vs Shadow Tank in PvP

Ayelinna

Full jugg tank spec vs assassin tank hybrid who wins?

shadow tank hybrid every time because they can pretty much heal up when they damage you.

I'm fully geared jug tank and I was in the pvp area and this shadow kept killing me, I could never take down more than 1/4 of its health because it was constantly healing itself the more it damaged me.

Edited by Ayelinna

Sap+combat stealth = win for shadow tank

Not an entirely black and white situation. Tankasin won't do as much damage within a stunlock as Deception, so the Jugg can Unleash out of the sap and smack the Sin. Between 2 stuns, fear, push, the Jugg can severely limit the Sin's healing from Harnessed Shadows.

But I do agree that a Tankasin would be at a slight advantage vs a Juggernaut tank as far as 1v1 is concerned. One of the reasons is that the tankasin can engage at his convenience, allowing him to pick the conditions of the fight. Not even mentioning instant kills by <Phase walk on cliff edge>, <jump off cliff, pulling the enemy>, <Phase walk back>.

Edited by Helig

as always: the better Player will win.

assassin self-healing? you mean harnessed darkness? use your Interrupt or stun on him. What else can you Interrupt? Assa skills are nearly all instant anyway, so Interrupt that ONE skill.

i am an average Player and i can never heal me fully just with harnessed darkness.

as always: the better Player will win.

assassin self-healing? you mean harnessed darkness? use your Interrupt or stun on him. What else can you Interrupt? Assa skills are nearly all instant anyway, so Interrupt that ONE skill.

i am an average Player and i can never heal me fully just with harnessed darkness.

Harnessed Darkness renders Force Lightning uninterruptable. It can be cancelled/stopped with CC though.

too late edit: ok, you cant interrupt him (but stun?)

i mean, this is normally a skill with a range of 10m (except you use that one skill which makes it 30m), you need 3 stacks and it heals a maximum of 10%. Bad part of it is probably, he is dealing a good damage while doing that.

so if stun doesnt work, probably the reflect so he is healing but also damaging himself?

i dont know, playing both jugg and assassin, i never feel that invincible or unbeatable with my sin.

tell me about that hybrid spec. when you want harnessed darkness you need 27 points into this tree. A lot of points which are wasted when you want to be in surging charge. Or is it in dark charge? then, how is he damaging you so much without the lot of internal damage?

What is he doing and how is he/she playing that you dont stand a chance?

too late edit: ok, you cant interrupt him (but stun?)

i mean, this is normally a skill with a range of 10m (except you use that one skill which makes it 30m), you need 3 stacks and it heals a maximum of 10%. Bad part of it is probably, he is dealing a good damage while doing that.

so if stun doesnt work, probably the reflect so he is healing but also damaging himself?

i dont know, playing both jugg and assassin, i never feel that invincible or unbeatable with my sin.

tell me about that hybrid spec. when you want harnessed darkness you need 27 points into this tree. A lot of points which are wasted when you want to be in surging charge. Or is it in dark charge? then, how is he damaging you so much without the lot of internal damage?

What is he doing and how is he/she playing that you dont stand a chance?

When people refer to hybrids, I believe they mean Darkness+Madness. They grab Death Field, Claws of Decay and key utility/mitigation in Darkness. Run around in Dark Charge, you get good, flexible damage and good survivability, as well as fantastic utility.

Also, Reflect is best used when you see the Shock autocrit proc. Fun to reflect Recklessness procced shock crits. Tank Juggs have it last longer, thus the reflect window is easier to align. But it's still hit or miss sometimes. Use it too soon and the enemy detects it and refrains from using Force powers. Use it too late and server delay won't recognize Reflect activation and you'll get a facefull of Force lightning.

Edited by Helig

does force lightning count as periodic damage?

(i have to respec my assassin lv 46, didnt play him for a year. Was full darkness tree, but thinking about deception with the 11 points into darkness because of that force speed thing for PvP of course)

Darkness/Madness also seems good i get that now. Have to try that too.

Edited by ishbindeinvater

does force lightning count as periodic damage?

(i have to respec my assassin lv 46, didnt play him for a year. Was full darkness tree, but thinking about deception with the 11 points into darkness because of that force speed thing for PvP of course)

Darkness/Madness also seems good i get that now. Have to try that too.

Channeled is not periodic, but direct damage, for all intents and purposes.

two tanks pvping.. well, open a can of energy drink and find out... be prepared for atleast 1,5minute fight.

sin has healing, jugg has more CD and reflect. if we assume no accuracy many hits will miss...

make that 2.5 minute...

imo jugg has more chances... whole fight sins/shadows dps will be cut in half while juggs dps will be more or less constant

pvp tanking is not about killing tho, so experiment would be waste of time..

two tanks pvping.. well, open a can of energy drink and find out... be prepared for atleast 1,5minute fight.

sin has healing, jugg has more CD and reflect. if we assume no accuracy many hits will miss...

make that 2.5 minute...

imo jugg has more chances... whole fight sins/shadows dps will be cut in half while juggs dps will be more or less constant

pvp tanking is not about killing tho, so experiment would be waste of time..

tried to kill the same guy with dps gear, he pretty much owned me, i never took more than 1/4 of his health because every crit he does, he heals..

tried to kill the same guy with dps gear, he pretty much owned me, i never took more than 1/4 of his health because every crit he does, he heals..

Tanks do not heal themselves when critting. They have other ways.

you tried tank spec with dps gear or a guy used tank spec in dps gear?

also, as mentioned, crits don't heal, doesnt work like that.

assassin can have 3 heals when i remember right.

harnessed darkness with 3 stacks (5 x 2% = 10% max-heal)

skilled death field (1% per enemy hit, against 1 it is 1%)

1% periodic damage (in a darkness/madness-spec not countable imo)

so in fact, most healing is from harnessed darkness and if you dont CC him while doing the force lightning, he is able to do that about every 15 secs (approximately)

warzone medpac 35%

normal medpac i am not sure how much.

so there is a lot of healing. i guess its a learn to play issue, or know your foe better. i dont mean that in a bad way. and its also possible that he is just playing great and you just average.