<Chosen Elite> hosted PvP Tournament #4

Drunkshade

<Chosen Elite> is planning its next PvP tournament. We have some ideas but we would like to see what others are interested in. Please post your suggestions here in a mature format. There are no restrictions to tournament format sugesstions. (1v1 or 4v4, Imp vs Repub...)

If you would like to see results and videos of past tournaments go to our website at http://www.chosenelite.com/duels

- Wolfshade <Chosen Elite> GM

Edited by Drunkshade
update

Eh, I'm for 2v2 or 4v4... But why limit class numbers?

I'd like a tournament with as little limitations as possible. Let people get creative!

I should be more specific - Advanced class # limitation.

Cilas, I know you know where I am going with this, and you know the advantages of stacking advanced class abilities :) in an organized scenario.

Its just a suggestion, i am nobody. But those with real PvP experience knows this should be done if you want it to be competitive.

I should be more specific - Advanced class # limitation.

Cilas, I know you know where I am going with this, and you know the advantages of stacking advanced class abilities :) in an organized scenario.

Its just a suggestion, i am nobody. But those with real PvP experience knows this should be done if you want it to be competitive.

Nah I fully understand and know where you're going with it. It would create some more interesting class choices and team make ups for sure, I guess I just prefer a tournament where anything goes. Easier to moderate and more accurately reflects what type of pvp you may come across in a warzone or open world.

Nah I fully understand and know where you're going with it. It would create some more interesting class choices and team make ups for sure, I guess I just prefer a tournament where anything goes. Easier to moderate and more accurately reflects what type of pvp you may come across in a warzone or open world.

Oh totally agree with your last point. However like MMA vs real street fighting, if there are no rules its no longer competative as a sport. Tournaments/Rules are there for people who want to view a sport. Its like Huttball, if you have a whole team with no pullers or charge, or intervene that would be quite one sided. Same concept. Build parameters to make it as even as you can.

1v1 is good too though :D

While I would really love to see a competitive 2v2 tournament happening, I feel that it would get griefed too easily with outlaws den being the only place that allows same faction team pvp.

In case of another duel tournament I would support the no sap+seethe solution as it is way too powerful in a 1v1 situation.

So I guess the huttball idea is getting thrown out the window I mean we have two teams a referee to target the ball carrier and two goallines. It would kinda be like backyard football

What is the range of the ball toss? Would be hilarious to do a makeshift football game. Two teams on line of scrimmage, center ball tosses to QB to start play, QB tosses to RB or reciever or runs it himself. When ball carrier dies, thats where the new line of scrimmage is. No laterals or interceptions would be possible, though it would be easier to keep track of ball.

Probably not feasible in the least but it does make for a funny image in my head.

Thanks everyone for your input. We are still looking for ideas, we have tossed around some ourselves and it look like it may be a two part tournament. I would suggest to start looking for some buddies to play with and to stay tuned to this thread and our website http://www.chosen-elite.com/duel as this tournament will be going down soon.

- Wolfshade

• 3 weeks later...
it would be cool if you had more than one fight at a time , like have organizers at different areas and those organizers would take control of the fight, almost like a referee, tht way you could have it run faster and more organized