Star Wars: Episode I (rewrite)

Klannad

It is a period of galactic strife. After the thirty year HYPERSPACE WAR, The Galactic Empire and its protectorate planets took on an oath of demilitarization, Arming themselves only with the necessary means to protect their own interests. Despite this, Imperial laws of taxation have gripped the galaxy, causing unrest among its citizens. In a shocking move , the TRADE FEDERATION blockaded the peaceful planet of Naboo, using its Merchant Ships as instruments of aggresion. The Jedi Council has sent KNIGHT OBI-WAN KENOBI and his apprentence, ANAKIN SKYWALKER to settle the dispute, to prevent another war from gripping the Galaxy...

TIMELINE : http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=535441

ALSO: Since someone pm'd me about some guy posting my story on fanfic.net... don't worry ahaha. That's me. But thanks for the warning. This is the second official link for this story, in more organized format as opposed to an ongoing thread. https://www.fanfiction.net/stats/story_eyes_chapter.php?month=10&year=2012&storytextid=31218656

Anakin sat uncomfortably in his hard mettalic seat. With the protective bindings strapped around him, It felt more like a prison than somewhere to plop down. He peered to his left to see the the vast expanse of space through his viewscreen. He was awed - So many stars! He thought. He wished he was in a fast single fighter ship- Not this bulkly military grade space crypt.

"Anakin, Focus." Obi-wan's gruff voice broke the young Jedi's daydream. The boy laughed to himself and stared ahead- Obi-wan sat infront of him, next to the ship's pilot- A nameless clone wearing a light gray uniform.

"Focus on what? How old this ship is? Is it really from the Hyperspace war?" Anakin asked.

"Yes. You know that, Anakin. The Empire hasn't produced an army in over ten years." Obi-wan answered, with a tint of annoyance.

Anakin laughed again. "And all the senators are amazed when something like this happens!"

This earned a chuckle from Obi-wan, and Anakin smiled as well, he could picture Obi-wan's face even though he couldn't see it.

"We're on a diplomatic mission- Anakin! Focus!" Obi-wan snapped. Anakin, who had been thinking about flying again, sighed.

"Could you not? The fact you spend so much time wandering around my head is a little creepy" Anakin answered back. He turned his head to the seat of the clone flying the ship.

"I'm sorry, he isn't always like this." Anakin said to the pilot.

The clone answered with a simple "It's alright, sir." Causing Anakin to laugh again, and was about to return to his fantasy when Obi-wan's voice broke him away from it.

His master had turned in his seat, having unschackled his bindings, and was looking at Anakin directly.

"Listen Anakin. This is a diplomatic mission. We are here to prevent a war from occuring. War is the last thing the Empire needs right now. " Obi-wan turned away from Anakin and settled back in his place.

"I need you to be serious right now Anakin." Obi-wan sighed. Anakin made a Hmph sound, but otherwise remained silent. The only sound was the rumble of the transport's rusty old engines-awakened by over a decade of slumber. Anakin looked down and examined his hands- They had gotten soft.

I don't even remember the heat anymore..

How old had he been when he left Tatooine? nine? He was fifteen now, and in only six years, all the vestiges of his past life were almost gone.

Mother. The thought of her, like always, came out of nowhere, crashing down on him and breaking away his mental shield that hid his negative emotions.

She's still a slave. The guilt ate away at him rapidly, consumed him, and he let it, he didn't battle the pain as it racked his body.

He could feel his essence, his force begin to seep out of his body. Anakin could hear sharp cracks begin to pop from inside the ship.

Obi-wan was beside him in an instant.

"Anakin! Focus!" He said, his head close to Anakin's as the boy's tears fell freely. The clone pilot was oblivious to the entire event, simply handling the controls- ignoring Anakin, Obi-wan, and the slight destruction of the ship completly.

"What is the jedi code, Anakin?" Obi-wan asked.

Anakin remained silent.

"The code! Anakin!" Obi-wan urged.

Anakin felt ease come over him slowly, the whirling emotions coming under control.

"The Jedi are the guardians of peace in the galaxy..." He choked.

"We use our powers to defend.." Obi-wan started.

"Never to harm" Anakin finished.

"We serve.." Obi-wan goaded again.

"Though we have the power to rule." Anakin answered.

His negativity was gone now, completely erased- an eerie sense of calm and tranquility taking its place.

He smiled at Obi-wan.

"That's the second time I've almost destroyed a ship like that huh?" Anakin joked.

Obi-wan allowed himself a slight laugh. "You're a handful. But I wouldn't want another apprentince."

"Sir," The clone pilot said over them,

"We're approaching the blockade. I've sent out the message. They should be accepting us shortly." The clone reported. Obi-wan patted Anakin on the shoulder, his hand touching the cold metal of his seat restrictors- and gathered his robes around himself as he returned to his seat, not bothering to lock himself in. His eyes grew wide almost insantly as he saw what waited for them.

The Trade Federation blockade was massive. No, more than that. Obi-wan brought a hand to his mouth as he was at a loss for words- the once peaceful merchant ships had quickly been outfitted for aggresion. Obi-wan saw, with a slight dark humor, how the turbolaser canons jutted from Trade-Federation destroyers didn't match the ship's design.

In truth, all of their ships had this appearance- Streamlined and smooth, qualities Trade Federation ships were known for, save for the random cannon or missile launcher that was quickly grafted onto them. But despite their odd apperance- the firepower was there.

And it was deadly.

"Have they sent a message?" Obi-wan asked. The Pilot shook his head simply, his brown eyes focused on the fleet before him. Obi-wan guessed that even clones could be awed.

Obi-wan saw two gray specs detach from the fleet and come speeding towards them- what were once specs grew bigger and bigger, until he saw them in their full form a mere hundred feet away from his own shuttle.

Single-pilot fighters. The alarms in his mind went off instantly. If the Federation wanted them dead...

"Pilot, dedicate twenty-five percent of the ship's energy to shields. Thirty to weapons." Obi-wan said. The pilot simply nodded.

"Already done, sir. Weapons are ready should they try to attack." The pilot said with confidence.

"Anakin," Obi-wan called.

"Yes, Master?" Anakin asked.

"How are you feeling?" Obi-wan inquired.

"Hungry. And cold. I hope they feed us." Anakin joked.

Cold. Obi-wan had learned that whenever Anakin felt cold, bad things were going to happen. He braced himself for the worst.

The Federation fighters flew by them harmlessly.

"Master Kenobi, a message from the fleet." The Pilot said, his voice monotone.

A miniature blue man appeared before them, his arms crossed behind his back. High cheekbones, a small, thin lipped mouth, and dark eyes found themselves on the man's face.

He smiled.

"Ah, the Jedi delegation has arrived. We have been expecting you. Master...?" The man trailed off.

"Kenobi" Obi-wan finished.

"Ah! good. My name is Wilhuff Tarkin. Commander of the Federation...merchant fleet. The two ships you no doubt saw will see you to my capital ship, the Azure. Oh, and Master Kenobi, you can lower your shields and weapons." Tarkin said with a smile, and the blue image fizzled out and dissapeared.

The two fighters swung back around and flanked the imperial transport, and then slowly moving ahead of it- leading the transport deeper into the Federation blockade.

"It was a show of strength. He wants us to know he is in control here." Anakin said suddenly.

Obi-wan smiled, proud of his young apprentince. "I was thinking the same thing, Anakin. You're starting to think like a Jedi."

"That was the first smart thing you've said to me in the past six years, Master." Anakin replied, and Obi-wan could hear his smile in his words.

The transport lurched softly, and Obi-wan looked ahead to see their descent into the heart of the Federation fleet- of which the Azure was the heart. They climbed lower and lower, the massive destroyer, shaped like the human letter C, hung in space like a beast suspended in animation. Federation fighters- Which Obi-wan now saw were mobile transformers, crawled like spiders ontop the arms of the capital ship. They flew closer to one of the arms and saw as the docking bay shield doors grew dim and vanished.

As their transport slowed down and landed, Anakin whispered,

"Into the belly of the beast." With a slight smile. Obi-wan smiled too, unaware that what would occur here would be the first direct act of war against the Empire in over a decade.

Edited by Klannad

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey thanks! and no...I should use chrome but I hate it. Sorry, English isn't my first language ahaha. But I will use chrome or google docs from now on. And thank you! expect the second chapter later today or tomorrow

CHAPTER 2: BELLY OF THE BEAST

Anakin and Obi-wan waited as the Imperial Transport sluggishly dropped its loading ramp with a chorus of loud hisses. Obi-wan was fully robed, his hood obscuring his face, while Anakin was simply dressed in a plain tunic, his apprentice braid dangling from his cropped head.

"Anakin." Obi-wan said without looking at him.

"Yes, Master?" Anakin asked, now walking down the loading ramp.

"Think before your act. I don't want a repeat of what happened on Taris".

Obi-wan began his descent down the ramp, Anakin's laughter bringing his mind at ease. But there was something here. Lurking... And what's worse, he could tell it was hiding from him. But the subtle ripples it made in the force stood out to Obi-wan like lighting in the sky.

It reminded him of the war.

The Jedi who killed without mercy. Without regard for life.

It reminded him of the dark side.

"Master..." Anakin called, and Obi-wan awoke to his immediate surroundings. And once he looked around, he could see why Anakin was uneasy. They were greeted by an armada. Hundreds of sentient soldiers and even more war droids marched themselves into line and were taxied off the capital ship, and to Naboo below.

"What does this mean, Obi-wan?" Anakin said anxiously. Obi-wan could only shake his head, his eyes not believing what they saw. Naboo was Imperial territory. And sending a force like this- was an act of war.

They stood infront of their transport while the Azure's forces marched by them. Anakin looked to Obi-wan and smiled glumly.

"When the council asks, I'm telling them you did it." He joked. Obi-wan frowned, and pulled his hood down from his head.

"Now isn't the time, Anakin." He said quietly.

"Sorry Master. But, I must say your skin is flawless in this Trade Federation docking bay/invasion launchpad light." Obi-wan shook his head, nodding towards the silver protocol droid that was shuffling towards them.

"Hello Master Jedi, Tarkin sends his regards." The feminine metallic voice greeted.

"Pft. He couldn't send himself?" Anakin quipped. The droid paused- this kind of response not answerable with her limited programming.

"I-sorry-I- Come this way please." The droid said politely. Obi-wan and Anakin turned to each other, each one with question written on his respective face, and then followed the droid to wherever it was taking them.

"Why do they design them like this? They move so slow." Anakin muttered underneath his breath. Obi-wan didn't respond to him. He didn't even hear him. He was was back on Concord Dawn, surrounded by fields of burning crops and bodies. Behind him, the army of the Empire- Clone troopers clad in white armor, pushed the offensive, led by Jedi. He remembered the sight of his former masters cutting down innocents and combatant alike. He remembered how the force screamed in his mind. He wasn't ready for another war. Not yet.

And then suddenly, he recognized the feeling he had felt when he first landed on the ship, the presence that had tried to escape his notice.

It was Dooku.

Wilhuff Tarkin was a respected man. From one of the noblest families in Imperial space, he had taken his clan from Eriadu and into Federation territory. He was one of the first defectors from the Empire. He had risen in the ranks quickly, the non-military minded Federation merchants practically begging him to become their military commander. As such, he was behind the quick reconstruction of the once peaceful merchant ships, turning them into weapons.

And he had never felt better. Ale from Cato swam in his belly and rolled in his wine glass as he watched the Federation ships- His ships fly to Naboo. Everything was going as was planned. He turned from his view screen and looked at the diverse crew of alien and human workers studiously clicking away at nav-computers and weapon systems. He walked through their rows, sometimes pausing behind one worker, chuckling as they would begin to work faster than what was necessary.

This, This was progress. This was industry. And most importantly, this was money. What the Emperor and the high senate didn't understand is that war was necessary for the survival of the Empire-It was needed. Without War, the Empire would crumble apart and fall. The old founders and the Jedi understood this after Ruusan; turning the Republic into an Empire- Creating a government system that prospered, and has stood for over a thousand years.

But the golden days of the empire were over. And the Empire was dying. Tarkin was a visionary, and he saw what was happening. He knew what had to be done. History was made by the victor, and he refused to be on the losing side. The Federation as a military power was young now- But under his direction, in a mere six years they would be able to challenge the waning empire.

It was his destiny to destroy it. And from the ashes of Coruscant, he would create a new dynasty, and his sons and grandsons would rule the galaxy, fighting in wars, ending lives and gaining honor.

A smile touched his lips. He was writing history.

"Tarkin".

Wilhuff''s dreams were shattered at the sound of that cold, calculating voice. He noticed that even the methodical clicking noises from the crew had ceased. It was quiet on the bridge.

"Tar-kin." The voice called again. Wilhuff blinked quickly and walked down the bridge to meet Dooku, who was waiting for him at the Bridge-doors. The former Jedi was dressed entirely in black, a great contrast when compared to his pale skin. Dooku was old, but he didn't look a day past forty, with jet-black hair and complexion unaffected by time. Wilhuff didn't look bad for his age, but when compared to Dooku, he looked almost insignificant.

"Master Dooku, I had almost forgotten you were on board." Wilhuff said, grinding his teeth. Wilhuff's eyes then noticed Dooku's companion, and his heart shrank even further. The man, if it was a man, had a face entirely covered by artistic red and black tattoos. Stitched with an almost savage grace, the tattoos were jagged and sharp- bright and violent. A hood covered this beings face, resulting in the red color of the tattoos seeming to almost jump out from the darkness.

Dooku noticed Wilhuff's gaze.

"This is my...associate, Maul." Dooku said. Wilhuff gulped deeply and bowed to this new enigma.

"Greetings, Master Maul."

Once the word Master left Tarkin's lips, Maul's eyes had turned on the old commander instantly, his expression going from general disinterest to deep anger. Tarkin's heart sank as Maul suddenly reached for him with intense trained speed. The old man gasped, narrowly jumping away. But Maul was faster, already closing the distance between them and preparing another move. He caught Tarkin by the cuff of his collar and pulled him in close, so that he was inches away from Maul's face.

"I am no Master. I am no Jedi." Maul snarled. Tarkin nodded emphatically, too gripped by fear to respond.

Maul, satisfied, allowed his expression to soften, and he almost delicately returned Tarkin to a respectable standing position. Maul gracefully moved to his position by Dooku's side. Dooku, who was chuckling during the entire ordeal, clapped.

"Bravo, Tarkin. Bravo. I haven't been able to get that much emotion out of him since we met." Dooku began walked down the bridge, Tarkin and Maul taking up step to his left and right.

"Now, On to business. Tarkin, I see you have carried out my altered instructions-Which is good. The invasion needed to be sped up." He said simply. Tarkin nodded gratefully.

"It was hard convincing the Gunray and his associates to-" Tarkin began, before he was cut off by Dooku.

"Tarkin.. I have need to alter the deal. Again." He sighed. Tarkin stopped walking, watching as Dooku and Maul walked to the end of the bridge, looking out the view-screen at the swarming ships.

"What is it..Master Dooku?" Tarkin asked hesitantly.

Dooku sighed deeply. "We must immediately take military action on Naboo."

Silence.

Tarkin reached for his collar, suddenly feeling like he wasn't getting enough air.

"Convincing Gunray to allow me to begin the invasion was hard enough as it is...and the Jedi..." Dooku and Maul both turned around at this.

"Jedi?" Dooku asked.

"Yes they have been sent by the empire to negotiate-" Tarkin trailed off as Maul stared at him with violent, yellow eyes.

"You know there can be no negotiations. Why am I just being told of this now?" Dooku asked.

"Gunray thought it was an internal affair..." Tarkin began.

Dooku swooped over to Tarkin with impossible speed. He brought up a pointed finger to Tarkin's chest, and placed it firmly by the old man's heart.

"There are no internal affairs. Deal with gunray, deal with the Jedi, and carry out my master's orders as they are given to you." Dooku said.

Tarkin nodded, and Dooku, with Maul, left silently and wordlessly, like ghosts, leaving the bridge and Tarkin in shocked fear and rage.

Tarkin noticed the silence and looked around to see his crew was not working, but in the same state of shock as he.

"What are you fools doing? Get back to your duties!" he screamed, and almost instantly the sound of industry resumed. But Tarkin couldn't help but feel that he had been undermined. No, he knew he had been.

Well played, Dooku. He thought to himself.

But there are many roads on the path to power..

Tarkin almost forgot he had been holding a glass of wine. He finished it with a swig, and threw it on the ground, closing his eyes as the sound of even that simple destructive act eased his thoughts.

Edited by Klannad

Thank you for writing this! I really hated the prequels so I think is a good take on the subject. I like the way you are doing this with no Republic but an Empire and a Jedi Council. Creative idea!:) I can't wait to see whats next.:)

Thanks! I thought it was a cool idea too! I'm oficially considering you my fan ahaha. Expect another chapter later tonight or early tomorrow!

CHAPTER THREE: A CHANGE OF PLAN

Obi-wan sat and looked at the food that surrounded Anakin with a frown.

foreign delicacies- sweetened meats and smooth wine. But he had no urge to eat- Unlike Anakin- Who had helped himself to not only two plates full but also Obi-wan's. But Obi-wan couldn’t help but smile at his naive but eager apprentice. He had grown well since Tatooine.

He had all but forgotten his anger. Anakin looked up from his plate with a mouth full of food, and smiled, showing Obi-wan perfectly white teeth tarnished with gushing foodbits.

“Anakin, you’re too old for that” Obi-wan sighed, putting a hand to his face- A habit, he realized, he had acquired when he first started training the boy.

Anakin laughed, gulping down his food and then taking a very generous drink of his wine- after which he put his glass down softly, patted his stomach, and laid back in his chair with his hands behind his head.

“You’re going to need to keep up your strength, master. Especially if they try to kill us or something.” Anakin said nonchalantly. Obi-wan didn’t respond, just stared ahead, looking at Anakin with a blank expression.

“...You do realize that, right? I mean- Tarkin doesn’t want to see us. They started the invasion. They’re going to try to kill us.” The young apprentice explained. But his master didn’t respond.

His facial expression didn’t change. Anakin sighed, and got up from the table, stretching his legs and walking to the wall of the suite. There were a few pleasing paintings on the wall, and though Anakin wasn’t exactly one for art, he did know a good piece when he saw one. He focused on one that caught his eye especially- It was a painting of a planet- deep green in color, almost similar to Naboo. He found himself smiling- He didn’t know why.

“I guess it’s a beautiful picture. The Federation has some taste.” He said. Anakin turned his head to look to see his Master, who was still sitting at the table- His face expressionless.

“Skark it, Kenobi.” Anakin muttered. He sat down on the floor, folding his legs, and began to meditate.

That was the only thing he could do, while he waited for Obi-wan to wake up from his nightmares.

Dooku.

Dooku.

“They’re going to kill us, Obi-wan!”

gunfire.

screams.

What is that smell?

burning skin?

Eighteen years ago. Stark Hyperspace war.

Obi-wan ran through the fields of Concord Dawn. He looked up to the red sky- Massive Imperial star destroyers hung in the lower atmosphere- throbbing rods of light coming from the ships and exploding on the ground below. He heard footsteps behind him. He turned while he ran to see them.

Clone Troopers.

He motioned them forward as he broke through the fields, ash smearing his face and his tunic. A militia of farmers met them- they were armed. Obi-wan, gasping for breath, began his speech- a statement that had been drilled into his mind the day before.

“I am A jedi representative of the Empire. If you lay down your weapons you will not be harme-”

A blaster shot zipped by his face and found itself crashing in the helmet of the first clone to push aside the crops to get through.

“No!” Obi-wan screamed as he ignited his lightsaber.

“You fools! They’re going to kill you!” He bellowed as the farmers released more shots at him and his clones. He weaved and turned, his blade flashing before his body like a round shield- No laser fire hit him.

Twenty clones now surrounding him, they raised their rifles- took aim- and fired. The militia returned fire, but the clones advanced on them, firing as they slowly marched forward. The farmers didn’t stand a chance. They all fell. Most died. As the clone troopers marched on to another settlement, Obi-wan walked by a youth who had been conscripted in the militia. a massive hole had sheared through his leg. It smoked and crinkled..

He was crying. Asking Obi-wan to save him.

To help.

“I’ll make it quick,” Obi-wan said. The youth cried louder and louder as Obi-wan raised his weapon, that symbol of peace and justice, and then brought it down.

Then it was silent.

He felt sick. But he was a Jedi. He had his duty. Just as the boy had his.

He vomited, then jogged after his clones.

Concord Dawn.

Dooku.

Maul watched as Dooku poked at a handheld device, the old former jedi entirely focused on the technology. He exhaled deeply and returned his attention to space.

He was never impressed by much of anything, but he did always feel awe when he saw the vast, dark expanse. Space reminded him of the embrace of the dark force. Cold. All powerful.

Everywhere.

“He’s going to betray you, Dooku.” Maul said quietly. He placed a hand on the fibroglass view-screen, all that separated him from space. His space.

“Who? Tarkin? Gunray?” Dooku asked, still absorbed in his device.

“Both. All of them.” Maul answered simply. Dooku laughed, and pocketed his object, and rose from his seat, the clicking of his boots causing Maul to turn around to see him.

“Of course they will betray me. Us.” Dooku said.

“Then why do we not just kill them? They are useless.” Maul demanded.

So blunt, so un-diplomatic. Dooku thought to himself as he regarded the Zabrak. Maul had taken off his hood, the disgusting reality of his alien heritage visibly apparent- multiple white horns curving from his skull. He felt like he constantly had to hold in the desire to vomit whenever he was with the beast.

“Because they are useful to us now. Once they are no longer useful, which won’t be for much longer, mind you, they will be killed.” Dooku said, wiping his hands as if he had touched something dirty.

Maul scoffed. “Real servants of the Bogan have no need for foolish tools.” He spat.

He’s challenging me. Dooku thought with a laugh.

“My dear boy, I know more of the Sith, the dark side, the Bogan as you call it, than you.” Dooku placed his hands behind his back and walked towards Maul, who still stared at him, not backing down.

“You’re still a Jedi to the Empire. They still view you as an ally. You cannot serve two masters.” Maul fired back. But he didn’t raise his voice. His voice was barely louder than a whisper, but hinted of unimaginable rage and power.

“You are young, Maul. But even you know the first Sith were Jedi. When we numbered in the thousands-no, hundreds of thousands, all of us could trace our lineage to one rogue jedi, one disgruntled jedi scholar-” Dooku began.

“Don’t bring this up with me again. The Rule of Two is law. It cannot be removed.” Maul said simply.

Dooku sighed. He had tried convincing Maul, and his master the ultimate failure of the Rule of Two. There would never be enough Sith to adequately challenge the Jedi. And the fact that this beast, Maul, would inherit all of the secrets of the Sith while he, Dooku, who outclassed Maul in skill and intellect by right of human birth alone, would be forced to sulk around the outskirts of the Sith teachings-

It was madness. But Dooku was a planner. He would get what he wanted. He always had, and he will continue to do so. He would use Maul, and their shared master until they ran out of their use, and he would be the one to end them. And then nothing would be in his way to demolish the foolish Rule of Two.

But he had to wait. And he had to be careful.

“I have arranged for us to be removed from this ship. We’re going to Coruscant.” Dooku said.

“Coruscant? What...what of the Jedi?” Maul hissed. Dooku smiled thinly.

So single-minded. Short-sighted. “They have been on the ship for quite some time.” Dooku teased.

Maul bounded up to Dooku in a flurry of black cloth and yellow eyes. The Zabrak repressed the urge to grab Dooku, but stared him down venomously.

“The delegation has arrived?” Maul asked.

“Yes. I know where they are.” Dooku answered.

Maul was silent. And then he darted for the door. Dooku simply raised a finger- And Maul was frozen in his tracks.

Immobile.

“That...would be unwise...my young sith friend.” Dooku warned. Maul grimaced, surrounded himself in hate, and broke free. Before Dooku could respond, Maul was already out of the room, letting his hate led him to where the Jedi were.

Dooku was speechless.

He summoned his holocom to his hand and phoned Tarkin. Immediately, the whelp answered.

“Yes, Dooku?” Tarkin said, bowing to the man.

“You have the Jedi in- Good. Lock them down. I will be there shortly.”

“Kenobi and his apprentice will not be leaving the suite, master Jedi.” Tarkin said respectfully, and fizzled out.

As Dooku was rushing out of the room, Tarkin’s words almost brought him to a halt.

Kenobi. Obi-wan Kenobi.

He smiled. Things were about to get much more interesting.

Edited by Klannad

AN (if the previous chapter read a little weird, it is because it was written on google docs and didn't translate very well...the next chapters will not be written on google docs. I hope you enjoy chapter 3, and expect chapter four later today or early tomorrow. Cheers)

CHAPTER FOUR: ESCAPE AND BURN

Anakin cracked his eyes open, stopping his meditation to see if Obi-wan had broken free of his nightmares.

Obi-wan sat with his hands in his head.

Well, it's better than nothing. Anakin thought to himself as he leaned backwards and jumped up to a standing position.

"Master?" Anakin called tentatively, looking at Obi-wan with cautious worry. His Master didn't move for a what seemed like hours, until finally he rose his head from his hands and smiled weakly and Anakin.

"I went out again?" Obi-wan asked.

"Yeah, you kinda did." Anakin shrugged with a smile.

"You..you were born a few years after the war..." Obi-wan said trailing off. Anakin walked towards his master, putting a hand on his shoulder.

"Master...what happened? what happened to you?" Anakin asked.

Obi-wan simply shook his head.

"I can't tell you Anakin. Not yet." He said grimly.

"You don't trust me."

"No- Anakin-" Obi-wan began before he was cut off again by his apprentice.

"I know the whole dynamic thing between Masters and their students.. and I know I should show you respect. But there can't be any secrets between us. You don't have to carry whatever you're dealing with alone, Master." Anakin

stated confidently.

"You're like a father and a brother to me all rolled up in one. You're my family, Kenobi. You are the only thing I have." Anakin said. He smiled brightly down at his Master.

"Thank you Anakin.. but I can't..I can't just-" Before Obi-wan could finish speaking, loud clicks came from the door that separated them from the ship.

"Did they just...lock us in here?!" Anakin said with disbelief. Obi-wan went over to try the door.

"They did indeed." He said with a grimace.

"Those..two timing...skarking... sith's blood! they're actually going to kill us!" Anakin exclaimed.

Obi-wan was now more worried about Anakin than the current situation.

"Anakin! calm down. The last thing we want to do is lose our heads." Obi-wan smiled.

We also don't want another anger induced force storm.. Obi-wan thought. He remembered when he first landed on Tatooine with Qui-gon, and then finding Anakin...

Qui-gon.

No. No time for that now.

"Well, we're going to look at the situation we're in, and find out the best and most peaceful way out of it." Obi-wan said, and smiled as Anakin nodded in agreement.

Then the green smoke started pouring in the room.

Poison.

"Kenobi..." Anakin hissed as he ignited his lightsaber.

"Relax" Obi-wan said, brandishing his own weapon.

Don't breath the air Obi-wan commanded Anakin, his voice reaching Anakin's mind.

The last image of Anakin that Obi-wan saw before the smoke overtook them was his face. He had his thumb on his forehead and rolled his eyes.

It meant Anakin obviously knew not to breath the air.

If we get out of this alive.. Obi-wan thought to himself,

I'm going to strangle that kid.

(PART TWO COMING EARLY TOMORROW, AHAHA...SORRY. I HAVE DUTIES TO ATTEND TO (grad party)

Edited by Klannad

CRASH AND BURN PART 2

Hate.

Fury.

Death.

Focus.

Jedi.

Maul sped through the corridors of this space-prison, hiding his presence from Dooku and the Jedi, whoever they were, as he ran past alien, human, and droid. His mind was only focused on one thing-

Jedi.

He allowed his mind to dwell on the truths of their crimes during the Hyperspace War. The sound of his people screaming as clones, led by Jedi, masscared them all. It was on the ashes of Iridonia that his master found him, rebuilt him, made him a tool of revenge.

His master had promised he would be able to strike back at the Jedi soon. But he couldn't wait any longer. Not with them so close.

Just these Jedi.. He thought as he ran through the ship. His master would no doubt punish him for his actions, But Maul didn't care. This went beyond the enternal strife between dark and light. This was personal. This was so that his family could find solace in the afterworld- so that they could stop roaming the endless expanse... stop screaming in his mind...

"You! stop! stop!" A voice frantically called. Maul didn't listen, and he could hear blaster shots hurl at him from smoking barrels of Trade Federation marines. Without turning, he weaved and ducked, the shots missing him completely.

Save one.

His right leg instantly numbed and he stumbled over, a silent howl escaping his mouth.

Cannot be stopped. He swung his head over himself to see who had shot him.

A human dressed in a blue uniform flanked by six droids.

Prey.

He opened his gloved hand in the direction of the company sent to arrest him and unleashed a torrent of blue lighting, releashing in the power of his fury. The human screamed as his skin melted from bone and his eyes boiled. The droids groaned as well as they were overloaded with a substance they once regarded as vital to their functions. He lifted the entire party with his mind while still firing them with lighting, and then hurled them against the wall of the corridor.

He had to move quickly. No doubt Dooku sensed his attack.

The numbness that began in his leg was spreading, and he released another round of lighting, but this time trained on himself. He bathed in the lethal energy, and then jumped to his feet- his affliction cured.

Jedi. He didn't know where they were. But Maul knew he was prepared to kill anyone, even Dooku, if they got in his way.

The gas was everywhere now. Obi-wan had slowed his breathing down, and hoped Anakin had done the same. He closed his eyes- He didn't need them.

The force saw for him.

He could see the room almost perfectly, as if he was looking about with his own natural eyes. He saw Anakin, his eyes closed, stumbling about the room, confused.

Anakin. Obi-wan called with his mind.

The young boy's face was immediately written over with an annoyed smile.

This is actually an elaborate door-opening dance. A hutt taught it to me. Anakin thought back to Obi-wan.

Obi-wan allowed himself a smile and approached the door. He could see past the massive metal barricade paritally- Droids and men had been stationed outside the room.

Anakin, I think they are going to open the door. Stay still.

Why don't we just cut it down? Anakin asked.

The thought occured to me. But we would be coming out of a small opening, unable to defend ourselves. We will have the element of suprise. They think we're dead. Or stunned.

The locks in the door gave way.

Anakin! Obi-wan projected, preparing himself.

"-They should be knocked out by now. OM-89, Are you finding any readings of cognitive function?" A young guard asked. The man turned his head to the droid, who's usually dark lenses began to glow red as it scanned the room.

"Rog-" It began, before being pushed into the wall behind it, shattering to pieces.

"Fire! Fire!" The young captian screamed, and his droids followed his command instantly, firing into the green smoke that was now seeping from the room and being pulled into the purification vents. Green laser bolts were abosrbed by the posionous smoke. Nothing moved.

And then two bright rays of light, blue in color, came shuffling into view.

Jedi.

"Fire!" The young commander said, but by the time his voice had left his mouth, half of his droids had been felled.

Damn Jedi.

Obi-wan pulled his lightsaber from the throbbing metal armour of a federation droid, swinging his blade back in order to defend his body from a flurry of laser blasts. The shots bounced from his sword, finding themselves in the bodies of the owners who held the guns.

He heard Anakin grunt behind him, and the young Jedi jumped over two droids, loosing them of their heads in the process. Now all that was left was the young human captain.

Anakin and Obi-wan both turned to face him, and the man had dropped his gun and was on his knees, glubbering for his life.

"P-please, I-..I had my orders!" He cried.

"Get out of here before I put my lightsaber where the sun don't shine" Anakin said, and the man nodded thankfully, getting up and running from them.

"Now we have to find a way out of here.." Obi-wan said.

But then he felt something.

And then heard a cry as the young man they had just released died.

"Master!..what is..what is that?" Anakin cried.

A crimson blade stuck out from the back of the captain's head, and a dark figure stood infront of the man's dying body.

The figure shook the body free of his weapon, and then flourished it above his head, revealing a second beam of lethal energy jutting from the butt of his weapon's long hilt.

Without a word, it charged.

(To anyone subscribed to this post)

Wow! almost 200 views and counting. I'm really glad i've been able to find this kind of support so early in posting this. But alas, bad news. I doubt i will be able to write anything substantial this weekend, and while i'll be able to post this upcoming week, friday, saturday, and sunday are bad days for me time wise. So don't lose interest! The first big lightsaber battle is coming up! and I'm going to be introducing a very different Jar Jar binks...stay tuned!

CRASH AND BURN: PART III

"Anakin! move!" Obi-wan screamed as the dark figure charged at his young apprentice, red blade swooping overhand, attempting to remove Anakin's head from his neck. The Jedi Knight reached out with the force and grabbed Anakin's tunic, pulling him to safety as the dark man stumbled on his own blow.

"Anakin..are you alright?" Obi-wan asked, his eyes focused on the dark brown cloak shuddering before them.

"Yeah...I...what is that? It feels-" Anakin began, but he trailed off.

"It's the dark side, Anakin." Obi-wan said grimly.

And you remember it. From Tatooine. Obi-wan thought to himself with a frown.

"Can you fight?" Obi-wan asked. Anakin nodded with a smile.

"Dark side, I don't know why Jedi are so melodramatic. It's some freak who twisted the force. It's that simple." Anakin said with confidence.

The dark cloak suddenly came hurtling towards them, Obi-wan grabbing Anakin by his collar and pulling him behind himself, his lightsaber in his right hand, ready to defend his young ward. He stabbed through the cloak, and then brought his blade upwards, cutting it in half.

But it was a trap.

The figure that was once wearing the cloak flashed over him, and landed behind Anakin.

Obi-wan could hear as his opponent's lightsaber fizzled in the air-

And then a crash.

Anakin blocked a blow to his legs, and swung his lightsaber to his right side as the creature attacked, pushing him back into Obi-wan.

Obi-wan ran, attempted to run past Anakin and their shared opponent, but the creature re-ignited it's second blade, almost cutting Obi-wan's throat out. Obi-wan grimaced and raised his weapon high, bringing it down hard on this new extension. Anakin then moved his own blade down the dark figure's own, creating sparks that threatened to blind them all.

Anakin's going to destroy the first portion of the hilt Obi-wan thought. We got him.

But then the red blades disappeared, and Obi-wan and Anakin fell forward. As Obi-wan rolled to get to his feet, he heard a swoosh as the red blade reactivated. He could feel its heat as it came down on his neck.

No.

Obi-wan, calling on the force, jerked a darkly clothed leg forward, causing his opponent to grunt and fall on his back, his blade again deactivating harmlessly. Obi-wan then picked him up with the force, and attempted to throw him forward-

But the creature hung in the air, then simply landed on his feet. Obi-wan's force had no effect on him.

But how... Obi-wan sat on his knees, stunned.

"Surprised, Jedi?" The creature called, his face still obscured by a second hood, attached to the black under-tunic he wore. Dark, almost black hands lifted to the cowl of his hood, and slowly, it pulled the hood backwards, revealing a horned head.

And ornate and savage Sith tattoos.

"I am Maul. And I am the scourge of your order, Jedi. I am Sith." It said.

"Master!" Anakin called suddenly, leaping over Obi-wan and landing in front of him, his blue blade shimmering.

Maul cocked his head to the side.

"I see your braid, whelp. You actually believe you can defeat me?" Maul hissed.

"Um, yeah", Anakin said, suddenly dropping to the ground and sending his lightsaber twirling horizontally at Maul's feet. The Sith roared, jumping over the deadly blade, and then charging Anakin.

"Obi-wan!" Anakin screamed frantically. Maul almost had him when he heard-and saw Obi-wan's blade come to his aid, stopping the lethal red bar of energy from maiming his face. Anakin disengaged from them and jumped to the wall, running across it and calling his blade back to his open hand.

Maul attempted to catch him, but Obi-wan blocked his advance, catching Maul with several almost fatal blows.

Anakin jumped from the wall, his blade held above his head as he launched himself at his enemy. As he was about to connect the blow-

Maul vanished.

Obi-wan, gasping, darted out of the way as Anakin's blade cut into the flooring of the ship.

"What in the world.." Anakin whispered, then gasped as he was pulled backwards, all of the air leaving his lungs.

It was behind him now.

Anakin held his lightsaber backwards, at his side, only to be thrown into the adjacent wall, being held there as Maul's hand began to spark with electricity.

"These are the powers of Bogan, Boy." Maul sneered.

"Anakin!" Obi-wan screamed, running towards him. Maul suddenly switched his gaze onto Obi-wan, and unleashed the wave of lighting he had been building for Anakin. Obi-wan blocked the initial blast, but the lighting crackled and twisted between Obi-wan's lightsaber and Maul's open hand, building up more and more. Maul's force grip began to lessen on Anakin, and he began to slowly slide down the wall.

Obi-wan suddenly rushed Maul, running forward, the lighting between them violently reacting, roaring and snarling.

"You fool!" Maul screamed, but Obi-wan didn't listen. He kept running forward, the lighting becoming a throbbing ball, until it exploded.

Anakin suddenly was no longer near the wall, but next to a crumpled up Maul.

They were both unharmed.

"You...foolish...Jedi...still...connected..." Maul stammered.

He accidentally teleported me! Anakin suddenly realized. Maul tried to get to his feet, but he was too weak, his body collapsing on the floor whenever he tried to put his weight on his palms, which were scratching the floor desperately.

Anakin ignited his blade and held it over Maul's head.

"Anakin! Anakin! no!" Obi-wan called. Anakin looked up to see his master, his robes ruined and ripped.

His blade arm snarled with spider-webbing open cuts and wounds. His lightsaber fizzled weakly.

"Master..." Anakin began, before another explosion erupted, cutting him off.

In the smoke, they were blind. But a voice called to them. Old. calculating.

And oddly enough, friendly.

"Obi-wan? Obi-wan Kenobi?" it asked.

Obi-wan instantly forgot about his wounded arm.

Count Dooku.

Count Dooku had revealed himself to them.

Edited by Klannad

CRASH AND BURN: IV

The smoke slowly cleared, and Obi-wan could hear the clanking feet of machines run against the steel flooring.

Great, more droids.. Obi-wan thought to himself. He looked down at his arm.

And he wished he hadn't.

Several gaping cuts, some of them from his hand to his elbow, traveled his arm like zigzagging roads, each one slowly gushing dark red blood. He could move it, but only slowly and carefully.

If another fight was coming, Obi-wan wasn't sure that he and Anakin could survive.

Dooku.

Was he sure that it was him? of course it was. He could never forget that voice. And he had felt him before. But why was Dooku here? with the Trade Federation? He had left the order, but he was still on good terms with both the Jedi and the Empire. What is he doing here?

And that darkness he felt...

"Maul had sealed off both doors leading to the guest suite." Dooku said, suddenly appearing before Obi-wan and Anakin, who had moved closer to each other. He was talking into a holocom, and backed by dozens of droids, weapons at the ready.

"Yes- Yes, of course. Good, Tarkin. No, I have them." Dooku spoke into the comm with an almost bored voice.

"Obi-wan. It's been some time." Dooku greeted. Obi-wan looked up at him, his hair falling over his face.

"Dooku." Obi-wan grimaced.

Dooku's eyes passed over Obi-wan and locked with Anakin's. Anakin looked at him with a confused smile.

"Uh..hey?" Anakin waved.

Dooku smiled weakly and turned back to Obi-wan.

"It's just as Qui-Gon said, Isn't it? Obi-wan? that he would find himself back with the Jedi." Dooku said. Obi-wan stumbled over himself trying to get to Dooku.

"Don't..Dooku!" He begged. The count looked at him with disdain.

"Please, Obi-wan, contain yourself." He walked past the Jedi and to the fallen Maul.

"You were able to stop this beast's rampage. Good. Guards! Arrest this creature." Dooku ordered. Instantly, the skeletal federation droids shuffled by, picking up Maul, and left.

"Now..." Dooku began, rubbing his hands together, and turning to face Anakin and Obi-wan.

"You're probably wondering why I'm here. And it's for the same reason you are, My Jedi friends. I tried to use my connections to halt the invasion- As you could no doubt tell, I failed. I have some power here due to my connection to Tarkin, but it is no longer safe for us to be here. I have arranged for your ship to be allowed to land on Naboo, where you may send a message to the Empire." Dooku said with a smile.

"Take the wounded one to the infirmary. Clean his arm." Dooku ordered, and turned with a flourish, his cape flowing behind him.

As droids delicately aided Obi-wan to the infirmary, Anakin called out to Dooku.

"What am I supposed to do? And how do you know me?" Anakin asked. Dooku turned his head slightly, and simply smiled.

"There is much you need to learn about your own life, Anakin." He said, leaving the young Jedi speechless and dumbfounded.

"Follow your master to the infirmary. Once he is healed, you will be on your merry way." Dooku said as he walked away, backed by a chorus of clanking steps of the Federation military.

Anakin followed his master, his head down, and silent, as he realized there were many things Obi-wan didn't tell him.

I have a right to know Anakin simmered, but still, he cared for his master, and wanted him to get better more than anything. Obi-wan was his Father. His Brother. His only family.

CRASH AND BURN: PART V COMING SOON

Edited by Klannad

Wow! three hundred and ten views in less than two weeks! I really want to thank you all. Just a quick AN, I wont be able to post until next monday/tuesday. Just a small note to anyone who checks this thread daily for updates. feel free to post some questions/comments during this short hiatus

AN: I've been really busy this past week, but I actually think I might be able to post early tomorrow. So stay tuned! And comment! your comments help me craft the story and inspire me to continue working on this. If you're a fan, drop a beat!

CRASH AND BURN: PART V

Obi-wan sat motionless as a Federation medic droid put the finishing touches on the tight gray bandages that wrapped his arm. Its touch was delicate and precise, which Obi-wan found almost amusing.

Droids were becoming more and more human.

The humor was short lived, however, for the revelation of Dooku's re-emergence came shattering down upon him like a rock falling on a glass window.

He was back. Obi-wan hadn't seen him since the last days of the Hyperspace war, more than a decade ago. What was he doing here? Obi-wan thought to himself as he eyed Anakin, who had said almost nothing, sitting by Obi-wan with his head down, his hands wrapped behind his neck.

"I believe you are fit for operation, sir." The medical droid's metallic voice croaked. Obi-wan nodded graciously, and rose from the seat in which he was stationed. Anakin slowly rose after him, his lightsaber clicking against his belt. They moved from the Medbay, sliding doors hissing as they opened and parted ways, revealing two droid soldiers led by a human in a gray uniform.

"I am to escort you to the hangar bay, Master Jedi." The human said quietly. Obi-wan looked at him deeply, and nodded.

"Where is Count Dooku?" Obi-wan asked.

"Master Dooku has returned to his quarters- His own transport will be coming soon to retrieve him" The man said with an almost bored voice.

"What of the one that attacked us?" Obi-wan pressured.

The man looked at Obi-wan with a tint of annoyance, but answered him politely.

"Dooku said he has taken care of him" The man said simply.

Obi-wan wasn't satisfied.

"No-We need to report his existence to the Emperor, to the Jedi council-" Obi-wan began. The man cut him off with a swift turn and click of his heels, his robot companions doing the same.

"This way, please." He said, cutting off all invitation for conversation.

Anakin and Obi-wan followed their guards to the hangar, the entire trip wrought by uncomfortable silence. The only sound seemed to be the clicking of the black heels hitting the floor, followed by the sound of light metal patting, coming from the two droids. Upon coming past a view-screen, Obi-wan's heart sank even further. Federation fleets were still swarming Naboo.

They had to get the word to Coruscant. But when they did, what would happen? The Empire would be locked in another war.

Suddenly, a thought occurred to Obi-wan as he saw his ship in the distance. Why would they allow us to escape? He continued to walk, but he felt alarm in his heart. Something was wrong.

"Anakin." Obi-wan whispered under his breath.

Anakin was silent.

"Anakin!" Obi-wan urged, turning to face his apprentice as he walked.

The young boy had tears streaming down his cheeks. Obi-wan quickly turned forward again, lest he embarrass Anakin, and turned his attention on his ships descending loading ramp. The human guard looked them and forced a smile.

"You are all set to go. Your heat signatures have been approved by the Federation Fleet." He said, and turned, leaving Obi-wan and Anakin to their ship. They boarded, slowly, where they were greeted by their clone pilot.

"Master Obi-wan, Anakin. How did the negotiations fare?" The clone asked. Anakin shook his head.

"They failed." He said darkly. Obi-wan turned to see him, and looked at him searchingly. Anakin glared at him, his voice brimming with anger.

"You need to tell me what happened on Concord Dawn. With Dooku. How does he know me? Who is Qui-gon?" Anakin demanded.

Obi-wan sat in the co-pilot's chair, his eyes staring ahead at the blue shield that was slowly vanishing to allow them into space.

"Another time Anakin...when you're ready. Take off." Obi-wan said, the clone pilot nodding as the ship lurched forward.

Obi-wan could hear Anakin whispering the Jedi Code.

At least he's controlling his anger Obi-wan thought as their ship picked up speed and weaved through the Federation fleet, which was like an insect hive, buzzing with activity. Suddenly, the clone's voice rose as he gripped the controls and activated the shields.

"Something is wrong- They've targeted us!" He screamed. He pressed the comm button desperately, trying to get in contact with the Empire, but all they received was static.

The Federation had blocked communications.

"Those bastards!" Anakin cursed as a massive blast rocked their ship. Obi-wan could feel the ship lose power as it began to be dragged into Naboo's gravitational pull.

Another blast came crashing into them, causing Obi-wan's head to crash against the controls. The last thing he heard was the screaming, and then the heat. After that, there was nothing, except the uncertainty of darkness.

CRASH AND BURN: PART VI

Rushing water.

Wind softly pushing the leaves of gigantic ancient trees to the side as it invisibly passed through.

Cool air.

Heat.

Anakin's eyes slowly opened, revealing an almost picture-esque scene: bright green trees and bushes lie ahead of him- He could hear a small stream bubbling, which he guessed couldn't be that far away. He slowly rose to his feet, his bones partially aching, and looked past the thick canopy of the forest to see the sun was just rising.

It was then he heard the dying fire. The young Jedi turned, and saw an almost mirror opposite of what he had seen previously. The earth was scorched- Anakin saw that once fine dirt had been burned to an almost complete crisp, having made a chaotic clearing in the dense forest. He saw the fallen, smoldering trees that had been forcibly parted to make way for their crashed vessel, which lay a few dozen feet ahead of him- still smoking.

He suddenly looked down at himself.

No bruises. No cuts. He touched his hair.

It was fine and smooth. Like always.

Obi-wan. He tried to reach out to his master with the force- but then suddenly felt as if someone had hit him over the head with a hard, blunt object. He doubled over, feeling pain from his head to his groin, and repressed the urge to vomit.

He lay on his hands and knees for a moment, and then tentatively reached out to the force again.

Instead of pain, he felt nothing. He suddenly felt blind, as if someone had turned out the lights when it had been bright and clear moments earlier.

I can't feel the force. I can't feel anything. Anakin thought to himself.

"Obi-wan!" Anakin called almost frantically. He ran to the ship, almost stumbling, and looked at the wreckage. The vessel was almost unrecognizable, burnt black with dying wires spouting their electric, sputtering eulogies. He walked around the wreck, looking for any sign of life- Or lack thereof.

He found a body.

The face was totally burned off, leaving a crisp mass of bright red flesh. The body was missing parts-both arms had been ripped off. Anakin followed with his eyes the outline of the ship in relation to the figure and realized with grim happiness that it was the clone's body, not his masters.

How am I unharmed..? Anakin asked himself as he circled the area, looking for any sign of his master. After he searched the crash site twice, he frowned, and started walking deeper into the green forest.

Naboo.. Anakin suddenly realized. He was on Naboo. How was he here? if he was still on the ship, he would have obviously died, with the clone. And his body, along with his master's, would be in there- Cooking like a womp-rat steak.

So Obi-wan was alive. The thought, although confusing, pleased Anakin's heart enough for him to flash a small, quick smirk. His feet depressed comfortably into the soft, fertile ground with each step, and his nostrils felt cleansed after breathing in the crisp morning air. He walked straight ahead from the site; almost aimlessly, searching for his hidden master with bright eyes.

And then he stopped.

He saw his master's boot- But it wasn't on his foot. It was in a hand- a gloved, metallic hand. The mysterious man's entire body was covered in dirtied armor, the sigil, which Anakin recognized as Mandalorian in design, paritally obscured by dirt and grime. Long dreadlocks, as dark as raven's feathers, fell from a handsome face that had the color of the fine bark of the forest.

Anakin had no patience for secrecy. He bounded ahead, straight at the man, his eyes filled with fury.

"Where did you get that boot!" He screamed, and opened his hand, calling his lightsaber into his palm.

It didn't respond. Anakin, dismayed, almost stopped running, and his trained instincts, rather than those given to him by the force, suddenly forced him to drop, as he did so, he could feel the heat of the laster bolt that almost brained him.

"Don't move, Jedi." The man said, and Anakin could hear his attacker approaching, his steps heavy on the forest floor, breaking dried twigs.

"I killed plenty of you during the Hyperspace War. I can kill again." He threatened. Anakin remained silent, his face to the ground. The smell of refuse filled his nostrils.

"It was a good war for many Mandalorians. I know the hunter was pleased, all of those years ago". The man said. His voice was deep and melodic, like a stringed instrument.

"But I haven't been hunting good sport lately, until I see the fire in the sky. I come, and see your ruined ship. I thought you were dead. But the one you are looking for-" Anakin didn't need to look up from the ground to see what this man was doing. He was shaking Obi-wan's boot.

"Has been taken prisoner. I just came back for his beauty. Maybe after I'm done with him, I can take the other boot, too." The man said with a tint of excitement.

"Get up." The man ordered. Anakin slowly rose, his robes damp from the ground, his hands behind his back.

"You're coming with me, Jedi." He said mockingly.

Anakin remained silent.

"Oh, where are my manners. My name is Jarjar Binks." He said smoothly.

What a stupid name.. Anakin thought to himself.

"And my name is Emperor Valorum." Anakin responded.

He was met with a harsh blow to the head with Jarjar's gun.

"Don't be doing that..boy." He said coolly.

"Turn, and walk." He ordered.

Anakin stared at him, his eyes brimming with anger.

"Turn, and walk." He stressed again. Anakin turned, but then quickly back around, his fist rushing for Jarjar's face.

The man wasn't there.

Suddenly, he was behind Anakin, and before the young Jedi could retaliate, Jarjar had caught him in a headhold- One that could easily snap his young Jedi head, if Jarjar willed it.

"Now you be good, Jedi. Two Jedi are better than one. I don't believe in odd numbers." Jarjar whispered in Anakin's ear, and then released him, slowly.

"Now walk." Jarjar commanded.

Anakin walked.

"When I poke your right shoulder you go right. When I poke left, you go left, Understand?" Jarjar asked.

Anakin nodded.

"Good. You know, you're gonna be making me lots of money, Jedi. Lots of money." Jarjar laughed.

Anakin sighed. I hate naboo already...

NEXT CHAPTER: JARJAR THE MANDALORIAN

Edited by Klannad

CHAPTER FIVE: JARJAR THE MANDALORIAN PART I

Stark Hyperspace War.

Iridonia.

16 years ago

Jarjar watched as Mandalorian and slaver gunships fell from the sky like brutal, fiery falling stars, crashing into the harsh iridonian landscape. Their armies burned. Jarjar wiped the grime from his T-shaped visor and ran forward, rifle gripped in his shaking hands.

This was hell.

The sky was practically on fire- He could feel the heat despite the cooling systems inside his suit. His squad ran by him- similarly dressed, their commander, Jango Fett, urging them forward.

"Ignore the skies! The Black Sun is sending air support! We are winning the battle on the field!" He roared, and in turn Jarjar, with his fellow men, bellowed in triumph. They ran over a bluff, and came rolling down on the flat valley that was to be their battlefield. The sound of laser fire and the smell of death immediately hit Jarjar with more precision and stopping power than any blaster could. He stumbled, quickly unshackled his helmet and retched. The full smell of the battlefield rushed into his nose, and he retched again. He looked ahead with hazy red eyes and saw Jango running farther and farther away, Jarjar's company of 30 men following him.

He put on his helmet and rushed to meet them. They still lay on the outskirts of the massive battle- But Jarjar could see, in the distance, the clones.

Imperial clones.

The boys in white.

Massive rows of them marching into the battle. Jarjar could see the Imperial war machines shimmering in the red sun, their massive cannons, strapped to their turtle-like backs, firing into the massive field of Mandalorian and stark forces.

The fear in Jarjar was gone.

Now there was only the lust for battle.

(PART TWO COMING SOON)

Edited by Klannad

JARJAR THE MANDALORIAN: PART II

He spurred ahead, his heavy boots picking up dust as he caught up with his squad. He could see Jango Fett standing tall among them, in the center, his armor blue and gleaming. He held two pistols, and was firing into the field of white troops.

Jarjar saw that they had been ordered to retreat, Their backs were turned to the mass of Stark troops and Mandalorians, and they were firing savagely into the fleeing corps. Jarjar caught up with his squad, who were in turn surrounded by no less than fifteen thousand men.

"They are retreating?" Jarjar asked his companion, Dazar Malo, who was aiming down the sights of his bandaged sniper rifle.

"Skarking Jedi ordered them out of the battle. We're pursuing, after we regroup. We need BlackSun ships to take out those walkers," He said gruffly as he fired. Jarjar's hazel eyes followed the bright red bolt until it met with the back helm of a fleeing clone trooper. It fell over, crumpled and defeated.

Jarjar turned his attention back on Dazar. "What about our Basiliks?" He asked over the roaring sound of battle.

Dazar shrugged, and Jarjar could see his eyes through the T-shaped visor he wore. His eyes looked searchingly for another clear shot. After a few silent moments, he shrugged and put the sniper rifle down, and removed his helmet, revealing tanned skin, and a head of curled blonde hair.

"They kept getting shot down. Mandalore wants to save them to help the BlackSun.. when they show their skarking faces" Dazar swore.

Jarjar nodded, and walked deeper into his core, where Jango was the center. His mask too, was taken off, revealing olive skin, curly black hair, and dark hawk-like eyes.

"We've routed them. But intelligence tells us that Dyas is rallying his troops, and they're launching a combined air and ground attack." Jango said, biting his lip.

The group was silent.

"There's no way we would survive that." One of the young mandalorians said. Jango nodded.

"I agree. That's why Mandalore ordered us to back out, into one of the deserted cities." Jango said simply.

More silence.

"There is no honor in that battle." Jarjar said bitterly. Jango glared at him.

"There is no honor in dying like fools." Jango retorted. Jarjar could several of his companions murmurer in agreement. The battle horn suddenly sounded, motioning them to move. Jango stood up, putting back on his helmet.

"That's our cue! Lets go! The Empire won't win this planet!" Jango yelled. Jarjar grimaced, and pulled his helmet on, ready to march on into the battle that would decide the fate of their cause.

Jarjar waited with his army in the scorched ruins of a once thriving capital. Burnt corpses of its inhabitants seemed to be everywhere- No matter where Jarjar was, he always saw a reminder of a past life- clothing, a black hand, crisp and hard, separated from its corpse. Darkness crept over the city like a blanket, not from night or a lack of sun, but from the black smoke that rose from the still burning fires.

The Empire had ravaged Iridonia.

And they were returning.

After their minor victory at the low-valley, which the locals called Hash Aban, The Jedi, led by their commander Sifo Dyas, returned to their former camp site beside the valley. After an hour of bombing runs, the Imperial forces discovered that the Mandalorian horde had moved. The Mandalorian forces had spies of their own, inside Imperial ranks, but as in most wars, intelligence and counter-intelligence go hand in hand. As they had learnt of their bombing attack, The Imperials learned of the new location of the Mandalorian army.

So Jarjar waited, led by Jango Fett, with his company for the oncoming battle. Jarjar was young, only eighteen years old, but Jarjar was confident.

And he was ready.

He sat with Jango and fifteen others, each one wearing their full battle armor. Jango sat with a holo-map before him, and Jarjar and the rest of the Mandalorians in the room leaned over to see his directions.

Jango's light brown eyes were visible behind his visor, His voice crisp yet distorted as he described the oncoming battle.

"-BlackSun air support should keep the Imps busy enough. They won't be able to land anymore Walkers. The smoke helps too. Fighting here eliminates the risk of coming under air fire. Which means-" Jango circled the blue perimeter of the ruined city.

"We only have to worry about a ground assault." He finished.

"How many clones does the Empire have?" Jarjar asked, his voice stern yet young.

"Thirty thousand." Jango said without looking up at him.

The room was silent.

Jango rose to his feet, his shadow causing the hologram to glow.

"There is another reason why I gathered you all. Without the rest of our squad." He looked at them all and shook his head and laughed.

"You all look like real Mandalorians. But you're young. Children."

Jarjar opened his mouth to protest, but no sound came out.

"When the battle goes badly, I've made arrangements for each of you. You all need to survive. And keep the Mandalorian spirit alive. This planet will not be our people's grave." Jango said with determination.

Jarjar remembered those words as they were routed by the Empire. He remembered them as he saw Sifo Dyas behead his comrades, loose Jango of his arm and take him prisoner. He remembered When Sifo looked at him with those slanted, yellow eyes, his blue lightsaber shimmering, his long, dark hair waving in his face, partially obscuring his tanned profile.

He locked eyes with the Jedi, and Dyas smiled almost warmly when Jarjar turned to run. And Dyas didn't pursue him, just watched as his clones rounded up the surviving mandalorians.

And murdered them all.

Edited by Klannad

CAMP

Jarjar had led Anakin deep into the Naboo forest. Anakin watched, with wide eyes, as the environment around them slowly seemed to talk over. Massive dropping trees literally blocked out the sky, allowing only bars of light to slIp through their natural shield. The sounds of animals were like a chaotic orchestra- numerous bird calls and growls and chirps scattered throughout the jungle. Anakin saw dozens of insects, all of them of which he had never seen, some of them as massive as his hand.

Throughout the entire journey Jarjar kept silent, save when he directed Anakin to their destination. Anakin had entertained the idea of escaping, but there was no way. Without his force powers, Jarjar outclassed him in strength and in cunning.

He could only wait and see what Jarjar had in store for him. And so they walked, deeper into the darker portions of the jungle-like forest, where the trees grew even bigger and more menacing. As they walked, Anakin spotted something, humanoid in appearance, squatting over a fallen horse-like animal.

"What is that?" He asked quietly, stopping. Jarjar's eyes found Anakin's target, and the young Jedi heard him click his teeth in disgust.

"Gungans. Skark it. I thought we cleared them all out." He said with a grimace.

"We?" Anakin inquired.

Jarjar laughed, roughly prodding Anakin in the back with his pistol as he did so.

Anakin frowned, and began walking. They past the Gungan, who didn't even acknowledge them for a moment.

"You think I would be here all alone?" Jarjar asked. Before Anakin could answer, Jarjar did for him.

"No, I would be far dead. I am here with the Binks. My clan." Jarjar finished, a tint of pride in his voice.

"The Binks?" Anakin asked, genuinely curious.

"Foolish Jedi! The Binks! one of the oldest Mandalorian clan and preserver of Mandalore's honor!" Jarjar hissed.

I knew he was a Mandalorian.. Anakin thought to himself as he walked.

But an entire tribe? here, on Naboo?

Anakin picked up his head and looked at the towering trees. They seemed to go on forever.

"I thought all the Mandalorians were killed." He said simply. Anakin heard Jarjar draw in a sharp breath.

"Most were. The Binks were smart. They had abandoned Stark's War. Other Clans did not. The Fett, the Ordo, The Cosa.." Jarjar trailed off.

"They were all killed." Anakin finished. Jarjar didn't respond.

"So your clan left your fellow Mandalorians to die." Anakin spat.

In no less than three seconds, he was on the ground.

A sharp dagger pointed at his throat. Tugging at his skin.

Begging for blood.

"Watch your mouth, Jedi. We had no choice. It was either that or die. Your Empire gave us no honor. No mercy. The great Jedi Sifo Dyas was no hero, he was a butcher." Jarjar growled. It was silent, and after a few moments, Jarjar released him, and helped Anakin up. Anakin felt a trickle of blood fall from where Jarjar's blade nicked him.

"Sifo Dyas?" Anakin said after they had begun walking again. Jarjar didn't answer him, but whacked him on the side of the head with his pistol.

Anakin got the message.

Sifo Dyas.. Anakin knew Dyas had fought in the war. But he had been a hero in the Empire's eye. He and Yoda had led the Imperial forces to victory. But Anakin knew that after the war, Yoda and Sifo had taken a select few Jedi with them and ventured into the Dark space. No one knew why, Not even Obi-wan. They had been gone for over a decade. Some thought they had died. Anakin had no real love for the two Jedi, but their names seemed to hold power within themselves. Whenever one brought up Sifo Dyas or Yoda, a sense of unspoken awe was suddenly felt.

Will my name ever cause those to feel awe? Anakin wondered.

"We are here." Jarjar said. Anakin had been so absorbed in his thoughts that he hadn't noticed his surroundings. The way the Jungle gradually turned into a misty, sparse bog, with the trees shrinking from massive to barely his height. He looked ahead of himself and saw a wide lake, a thick white smoke covering it.

"Where?" Anakin inquired. Jarjar suddenly violently pushed him into the lake, and before Anakin could recover, jumped in after him, and dragged him deeper and deeper underwater. Anakin inhaled water instead of air as he struggled to get free. Jarjar forced him deeper into the water, pulling him along with strong swimmer's legs. Anakin felt himself attempt one more time to breathe, and his lungs expanded, filled with water that burned.

It was then he lost consciousness.

Edited by Klannad

POLITICS

EMPEROR Finis Valorum woke up with a start, his face beaded with sweat.

Another nightmare. He looked over his shoulder, strands of his long silver hair sliding across his field of vision, and looked at his wife. She was still sound asleep, stirring, but sleeping. He released a silent sigh as he quietly moved from his bed, making sure not to wake her. She needed her sleep now more than ever. The windows of their apartment were darkened, but even then Finis could tell the from the slightly slowed traffic that it was either late night or early morning. He walked into his long-hallway closet, which instantly began generating a light that allowed him to see, but not bright enough to disturb his sleeping spouse. Finis slid his hands across his numerous tunics and robes, before finally settling on a thick, dark brown robe with a heavy hood and a furred collar. He slowly and methodically wrapped the robe around his naked body- which was old, but still toned and strong.

He tip-toed from his dresser and to the door of his room- Lifting up his hand, and calling the gold-plated lightsaber to his open palm. The blade was lifted from his silver stand and floated slowly, and Finis couldn't help but feel a rush of chill as his fingers closed around the ancient hilt. He then commanded the lightsaber to travel up his sleeve, where it was hidden from view, and walked out of his apartment, the heavy durasteel doors moving apart for him.

He was greeted by a low-light hallway, and almost instantly, two red-robed guards stepped into place behind him.

Jedi Lords.

He ignored them, as they were accustomed, and he continued walking to the end of the hall, its walls adorned by stone reliefs of the seven battles of Ruusan. He came to an elevator, and he creeped inside, his two silent guards taking place at both of his sides, their saberstaffs dark among the vermilion robes. Finis clicked his desired destination, and the melancholy company descended in absolute silence. After a few moments, Finis walked from the elevator doors, the heavy boots of his guards plodding like Naboo purebred race beasts. His eyes shifted and narrowed at the sight of the Jedi Temple, which lay directly ahead of his Imperial building.

He had a transport already waiting for him. He walked stiffly, the true cold of Coruscant biting into his skin; they turned off the weather emulation during the night cycles to save credits- Causing Finis to walk briskly as he pulled his robes closer together. As he leaned into his taxi, he noticed his guards also making their way into the transportation vehicle.

"No," Finis rasped, his voice sounded like an animal's claws being dragged over a spiked comb.

"No, tell Alara and the children I went to the temple to speak with Grand Master Windu." He said.

"I won't be needing your protection."

One of the guards piped up, his voice surprisingly young.

"What shall we tell the press and the politicians when morning comes?" He asked as he stepped away from the taxi.

Finis settled in his seat and answered as the doors began to close.

"Have Palpatine deal with them. I shouldn't be long." He said. The Jedi Lord bowed, and said something, but his words were lost in the roar of the taxi as it lifted off. Finis looked down at the fastly shrinking guards, looking like red ants, as the made their way back to his imperial palace. His eyes settled on the Temple, then, and sighed.

He was ready for some good news in these dark times. But, seeing as his jedi delegation had not responded in nearly three days, he knew that bad news lay on his horizon.

Anything but war. He begged as his blue eyes burned.

Anything but war.

PART TWO COMING SOON

Edited by Klannad

POLITICS: PART TWO

DARK LORD SIDIOUS Sat atop an abandoned windy weather control tower, his leg lazily dangling off the side of the building, occasionally hitting the smooth fiberglass paneling that walled the tower. Despite the rushing air, his hood remained attached to his head, hiding his features in a veil of darkness. Not even his eyes could be seen, when you looked at Dark Sidious, you never saw his face. You just saw emptiness.

The Sith Lord watched the early morning commuters of Corsucant speed by, from his high position he could see far, for miles and miles, until his vision was obscured by the piling smog and mist. Sidious enjoyed mornings like this, where he could sit in solitude.

And think.

The wheels were turning. All of his expertly placed pawns would soon spring into action, and he would have his prize. He was anxious, however, as all master planners were, that his plan, so close to completion, would be compromised. Count Dooku's report of Maul's attack on the Jedi still troubled him. He never thought Maul a liability, but what was he, truly?

And then there was Tarkin. Sidious swung his leg from over the edge of the tower, and slowly stood, his robes wrapping around his body like a second skin.

Tarkin was too ambitious. He was useful, but the fact he didn't tell Dooku about the Jedi stabbed at Sidious' thoughts even deeper than Maul's actions. He had been too careful, and had been waiting for far too long to be undermined by Tarkin's foolishness. Tarkin would be dead soon enough, however, his existence already wearing out its usefulness. Sidious allowed himself a feeling of relief, then, as he pulled his holo-device from folds between dark robe. He brought the device to the blackness of his hood, and spoke, his voice distorted by dark powers.

"Dooku." Sidious spoke.

Sidious waited a few moments, turning his attention back to the lower portions of Coruscant, until he heard a high-pitched beep, that signaled Dooku's response.

"Yes, Lord?" Dooku inquired, his voice scratched by digital interference.

"It is time we made our first real move in this game. Has the Federation begun landing troops in the designated areas?" Sidious whispered.

"Yes, Lord. Communications have been blocked from Naboo since the blockade began. Their last message was to the Empire, which in turn resulted in the Jedi.." Dooku trailed off.

"The Jedi delegation was a move I should have predicted. You handled the situation well- The Jedi could not have returned to the Empire with the knowledge that the blockade was not breaking. Their silence will no doubt alert the Empire, but at that point, the invasion will already have started. We have cast the first stone." Sidious said.

"Maul is getting anxious. He has not calmed since the Jedi appeared." Dooku reported. Sidious couldn't help but laugh.

"I am not surprised. Have Maul return to Naboo. He will lead the invasion."

Dooku was silent.

"Is there a problem, Count?" Sidious asked.

"No, Lord." The holo-device fizzled out as Sidious cut the communication. The Sith Lord took one more look at the cityscape, and then placed his hands to his head.

It will all come into place.

The Dark Lord vanished.