Thana Vesh as a companion

lowflyingmeat

Thana makes Taris even more unbearable for me than the incessant killing of rakghouls. She's petulant, incompetent and boastful. I'd definitely categorise her as 'chaotic stupid'. :p

Even my completely lightside SW enjoyed sticking a lightsabre in her innards.

Having said that - I'd love to have been able to loot her armour. Very nice (even with the clipping issues).

So, it would be nice for those who like her to have her as a companion, but I'd prefer not.

Her over-inflated ego was UNBEARABLE!

I always jumped like a school of piranha at a chance to snap back at her. She acts so high and mighty that I usually tip out of my chair everytime I be a snob to her. Ha! I enjoyed it so much that I usually reset the mission!

Honestly, the story arc with her in it is more entertaining than my class story.

Edited by Darth_Eminok

She also reminded me of that additional player you add on to your raid group in the last minute just to fill the group. She gets in the raid and does everything wrong, running ahead and getting the entire group wiped.

She will NEVER BE A COMPANION CHARACTER. I hate to be the bringer of bad news but here is why:

1.) half of us killed her, how will the possably make it so people who killed her get it as a companion. And yes everyone would have to get her. Why? well leme show you what would be posted on the forums fast "No fair I killed her before she was a companion why do i not get one in compensation" "No fair I didnt know she would later become a companiion" "***** ***** moan moan"

2.) why would agents/Bhs want a force user character? i happen to like that i have a team with absolutely no lightsaber toating hot heads

3.) It doesnt make sense that she would have a role in ALL 4 class stories i mean really, not only did she help the wrath get his titel recognized, she also helped seat a new councile member, and she helped uncover a conspiracey, and she helped kill the supreme chancellor but you know she wont remember doing anything but yours....yeah that makes sense.

4.) they will NEVER EVER EVER add a companion to the empire with out giving the republic one as well. And, from what i have seen, there is no republic character npc from a generic questline that would make any sense as a companion character.

I get that a lot of people fell in love with her, but it will never happen with out drastically changing the imperial quests on taris. They will sooner add HK-51 like they originally said they would and even adding him has some issues unless each class gets a different model of him or somthing.

It was fun to mess with her like leaving her in the jail cell. Overall I found her annoying but ultimately outmatched and harmless, especially when she tries to kill me. She was more like a spoiled kid who could be amusing sometimes. I briefly considered not killing her but decided to anyway to see if her armor could be looted. Sadly no :( Edited by Projawa

She will NEVER BE A COMPANION CHARACTER. I hate to be the bringer of bad news but here is why:

1.) half of us killed her, how will the possably make it so people who killed her get it as a companion. And yes everyone would have to get her. Why? well leme show you what would be posted on the forums fast "No fair I killed her before she was a companion why do i not get one in compensation" "No fair I didnt know she would later become a companiion" "***** ***** moan moan"

2.) why would agents/Bhs want a force user character? i happen to like that i have a team with absolutely no lightsaber toating hot heads

3.) It doesnt make sense that she would have a role in ALL 4 class stories i mean really, not only did she help the wrath get his titel recognized, she also helped seat a new councile member, and she helped uncover a conspiracey, and she helped kill the supreme chancellor but you know she wont remember doing anything but yours....yeah that makes sense.

4.) they will NEVER EVER EVER add a companion to the empire with out giving the republic one as well. And, from what i have seen, there is no republic character npc from a generic questline that would make any sense as a companion character.

I get that a lot of people fell in love with her, but it will never happen with out drastically changing the imperial quests on taris. They will sooner add HK-51 like they originally said they would and even adding him has some issues unless each class gets a different model of him or somthing.

Hey now. I /signed here for Optional. Why? Because. I believe in "BE CAREFUL WHAT YOU WISH FOR" in her case especially. :D I also support the option to kill her instead. lol

Signed. She has potential to be a high-tier Sith, but she needs a good backhand from either the Warrior or the Inquisitor once in a while.

That said, as a male Inquisitor, I'd like her as a romanceable. She's more physically appealing than Ashara, but at the same time, her personality made it VERY hard for me to choose not to kill her.

Edited by BodyThetanMan

Make Thana the first Bi companion (Romanceable by either gender) and it would work out quite well.

For those that ended up killing her, we'll just George Lucas her back in to life through Midichlorians or something just as contrived.

Nah. Like I said, make her Optional. Works better that way. I for one would not want to put up with her permanent PM... yeah. I'm stopping right there. :p

I personally loved the rivalry with her along with the romantic undertones...reminds me of Obi-wan and Ventress in the comics (and perhaps clone wars cartoon now too?).

Anyway I would love to have her along as an optional companion even if all she does is hang out on the ship and has random conversations with me while doing her own thing.

Even though I killed her, the lack of strong characters in Jaesa and Vette annoys me to no end. That, and the voice acting for Jaesa makes me want to ignore her.

So, signed.

Kind of surprised by the forums. I really like Dark Jaesa (no clue about light). I think her character is fascinating.

Edited by Scoobings

/signed

I did Thana's entire story arch while playing with a buddy of mine.

His stone cold, sociopathic SW was determined to kill Thana the first chance he had (he does that with every character that is killable, it can get old quick). My glib tongued, flirtatious SI on the other hand went out of his way to try and keep Thana alive, while all the while attempting to be as snarky as possible to her. The dialogue between her, my friend's SW, and my SI was priceless. Thana hates both of us, but has no clue that one is totally out for her blood while the other is trying to save her.

Even though my buddy managed to trap her in the cell, I saved her in the end. :D

The entire thing was one of the most amusing aspects of the game. I'd love to get into more shenanigans with that insane girl!

The only companions I liked in this game were Vette and Blizz. The others were either boring, or annoying (especially Quinn and the robot).

A shame you can't romance Thana Vesh.

Quinn is awesome.

Sorry, but my ship is full up on crazy.

Ouch... :(

I just want a little more story persistence, and I think this could be a good step towards it. I mean, you do an entire campaign to 50 and then it's like "Oh it never happened". None of your choices really finish off/yield themselves in anyway, its always just a casual encounter. I mean it is a MMORPG, and there are a milllionnnn variables - but I think a few universal companions could work.

<3 Thana :wea_03:

I can't stand her arrogance. Even my LS Sith Sorc killed her, though that was because she is the standard Sith-madman and there's no place for her in Her Empire.

My BH and SW killed her because they hate her, and in my BH's case because she was a loose cannon that nearly got me killed a bunch of times.

This would be the perfect opprotunity for choice to matter in this game. bioware you are constatly harping on about how choice matters in your games. Prove it. If somebody chooses not to kill thana they get her as a special companion. If they choose to kill her then tough tata.

I'm for Thana as a companion. that would be sweet.

/Signed

i think it should be OPTIONAL, those who killed her mostly dun like her so they dun need to have her as companion, but those who didn't kill her can recruit her as a companion.

i would like her to be force user's companion, makes more sense

/signed

i let her live and it is definitely open if bioware wants to bring her back in some capacity. i really enjoyed thana, at first i hated her, and then she just kinda grew on me. so yeah, i think this will be a great future companion addition.