Alderaan Crystal Formation-Pristine Adegan Crystal

Blastoramaboy

Hello all,

Well, I've been scouring the internet for clues on how to get the Pristine Adegan Crystal required to craft the Advanced Magenta Crystals(+41 stats). Basically, from an old PTS thread(http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=368572&page=32), it seems that crystal formations on Alderaan will yield shards that have to be taken to Tython (for republic players, not sure where they are to be taken for Imps) and an ancient crystal tuner somewhere near the forge will have to be used to turn these shards into a pristine adegan crystal.

I've been searching for these formations on Alderaan for a few hours and have yet to spot anything, so I'm just wondering if any of you guys have had any luck and ,if so, exactly where did you find the formations? Any help at all would be greatly appreciated.

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, me too. If they don't sell well on my server, it's going to be such a waste lol. Let me know if you have any luck finding the formations. I'm going to give it another go tomorrow and will post whatever i find ( or don't find which may very well be the case) here.

Wish I could help, but I've also been doing the same. Skimming that thread you put up from the PTS, someone said around the Ulgo palace. He later went on to say that the crystal formation had a two hour cooldown on the spawn. Yikes... Wellp, back to searching! I'll letcha know if I find anything.

Speaking of which, has anybody seen the Ancient Crystal Tuning Device for the Imperials? It's on Tython for the Republic, but got no idea where to find it on the Imperial side. I've scoured most of Korriban, and Dromund Kaas is way too big!

Speaking of which, has anybody seen the Ancient Crystal Tuning Device for the Imperials? It's on Tython for the Republic, but got no idea where to find it on the Imperial side. I've scoured most of Korriban, and Dromund Kaas is way too big!

I don't know, but did you look at Dark Temple, Dromund Kaas? Maybe in the same room as the datacron crystal machine.

Im confused:

1. magenta crystal on alderean is mid level color (not +41 stat)

2. the magenta crystal on ilum is still there

3. a guild mate got the +41 schematic during a corellia daily

4. the schematic required the ilum crystal to craft

so bioware made a +41 stat magenta crystal schematic, which is better than the +32 schematic from the belsavis/hoth world bosses and they added lower grade schematics +25 and less that require the magenta crystal from alderean to craft.

so for bis alderean magenta crystal is a waste of time.

Im confused:

1. magenta crystal on alderean is mid level color (not +41 stat)

2. the magenta crystal on ilum is still there

3. a guild mate got the +41 schematic during a corellia daily

4. the schematic required the ilum crystal to craft

so bioware made a +41 stat magenta crystal schematic, which is better than the +32 schematic from the belsavis/hoth world bosses and they added lower grade schematics +25 and less that require the magenta crystal from alderean to craft.

Would be interesting to see the material list for the schematic that your guild mate had drop?

From what I understand: current Magenta schematic (+33) that dropped from the Belsavis world boss requires the Ilum Magenta Adegan crystal. The new schematics (+41) ALSO require the Alderaan crystal which you need to refine into a "Pristine Adegan Crystal", though I could be wrong about that as I haven't seen the mat list for the new Magenta schematics.

Would be interesting to see the material list for the schematic that your guild mate had drop?

From what I understand: current Magenta schematic (+33) that dropped from the Belsavis world boss requires the Ilum Magenta Adegan crystal. The new schematics (+41) ALSO require the Alderaan crystal which you need to refine into a "Pristine Adegan Crystal", though I could be wrong about that as I haven't seen the mat list for the new Magenta schematics.

Here you go, mate:

http://www.torhead.com/schematic/O5vORl/advanced-magenta-eviscerating-crystal

Hmmm, that could work i suppose.

Still, it's a bit ridiculous the amount of work we'd have to do to craft just one crystal. First off, we'd have to get the Magenta Crystal off Ilum after the various steps on Tatooine and Hoth. Then find the crystal formation on Alderaan. Apparently there's a timer on that, so we need to wait for like 2 hours or something to get another crystal shard since we need 2 Pristine Adegan Crystals. Then finally bring it to tython to refine it. And, on top off that, Imps would have to send it to a Pub toon just to refine it. Then we can finally craft the bastard lol.

These better sell well lol...

I suppose that's the point, make it hard so that they are still a "rare" item and the market doesn't get flooded with them.

Still, if it's true there's no Empire device, that would mean alot of extra effort for Imps to have to goto compared to Repubs.

Hmm just reading the patch notes, it says "Magenta Crystal Shards are now found on one planet in the game. They can be refined into Pristine Magenta Crystals used in the creation of mid-level magenta color crystals through obscure means."

So maybe it's true, the Alderaan crystals only make mid-level crystals. If so, that's a bit BS.

Yeah, me too. If they don't sell well on my server, it's going to be such a waste lol. Let me know if you have any luck finding the formations. I'm going to give it another go tomorrow and will post whatever i find ( or don't find which may very well be the case) here.

It wont sell well. because allmost everyone hates the color of the magenta crystals.

what most people wanted was purple,a nd back in the day magenta wa steh closest to it. Now that are purples... you can gess.

however happens taht i like the color :p i already crafted a few for my alts, and thus for this interest me as well. I have a 400 artifice toon :D

yeah specialy when you need a 50 to get to ilum to beat the force ghost champion.

Edited by Spartanik

I just got mine. Im looking for someone to cut it for me. anyone have the schem yet? or know where the schem drops?

Whoa whoa whoa. You can't just say you got it and then run off. Can you provide some info on location? Screen shot?

I've been told around House Thul, but that is a massive area.

I bought my schematics off of the AH. But have read that they drop via the new Black Hole daily's on Corelia.