LFG tool please add one asap

Im sure its been said before but we need an LFG tool one that groups you with people automatically who are also in the queue essentially just copy wow's or rift i dont care.

No one uses the LFG channel and if they do there just lfg no comment on what they want etc. I didnt pay 80 dollars to go back to the days of EQ1 dungeons and shouting in chat for a group that system is old and outdated. do it for the love of the sith please put in a LFG tool

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

just go into general chat and you should be good to go. I've always just used that and found a group within minutes. And yes, it's been stated. They've said that they want people to make their own groups for now but will eventually add in a group finder when things settle down a bit.

just go into general chat and you should be good to go. I've always just used that and found a group within minutes. And yes, it's been stated. They've said that they want people to make their own groups for now but will eventually add in a group finder when things settle down a bit.

^This

Also, what's funny is sometimes a player will go

"tank LFG HS"

and then someone else will say:

"need a tank for HS then g2g"

and this will go back and forth for minutes at a time and neither one wants to make the first move to msg the other. ppl are weird.

No. No. No.

LFG helped people ruin their own communities and turned players into self-entitled, lazy, and rude players.

There is such a thing as too much convenience.

The only thing I would favor is automatic transportation to the entrance once it's been discovered already.

Noticed a similar thing today, alot of people were going back and forth about LFG for Mandalorian raiders, <insert roles here>

So obviously I just said, LFM for Mandalorian raiders, need all.

Boom, 10 whispers at once.

Edited by Nylyan

Im sure its been said before but we need an LFG tool one that groups you with people automatically who are also in the queue essentially just copy wow's or rift i dont care.

No one uses the LFG channel and if they do there just lfg no comment on what they want etc. I didnt pay 80 dollars to go back to the days of EQ1 dungeons and shouting in chat for a group that system is old and outdated. do it for the love of the sith please put in a LFG tool

Yes!

It's not 2005 anymore, and a "Flashpoint Finder" tool would be nice.

Saying that it ruins communities is ridiculous, of course. People who won't talk to each other when an LFD tool is released won't talk to each other now, so nothing is lost.

In any case, here's the deal: Bioware is going to release a version of WoW's LFD tool at some point (because people want it and it's useful); you know it, and I know it, and all of the crying in the world isn't going to stop it. So let's just put it out now and be done with it. People won't leave over the addition of the LFD tool (no, you won't), but people might leave over the absence of it. And when I say "leave," I don't mean that they'll quit in a fit of anger; I mean that they'll simply just return to the games that are more polished and complete. To all of you people who are saying "good riddance": I'm sorry, but you need those people; your own subscription is not enough to keep the game in business.

There is no patience out there to allow a new game time to develop. There is no patience, because there is no NEED for patience; there is already a game out there that has all of these tools that are now perceived to be "basic." WoW is like your spouse of 25 years: you're not blown away by them anymore, but you are comfortable with them. You may have an affair once in a while, but how many people actually make it 25 years with their spouse, and then dump them for someone new? Not many. Everybody gets one month of free play time, so Bioware has exactly one month to convince people to give up the game that they know, the characters that they have had for years, the friends that they have made, etc. and persuade them to move to SWTOR.

And yes, so sorry, a Looking For Flashpoint tool is a requirement for that.

So are UI-customizing mods, but that's a subject for a different thread.

Adding a dungeon finder would be a sign of the end. Look at WoW now and compare it to back in BC and before. The game is a social wasteland. You can run dungeons and even raids without a word being spoken.

Just like instances in SWTOR are currently run... so... what was point again?

No. No. No.

LFG helped people ruin their own communities and turned players into self-entitled, lazy, and rude players.

There is such a thing as too much convenience.

This, BW are trying to encourage social connections within the game, and LFG tool destroys that.

global lfg channel - yes please. porting to instances once the group is formed - I can live with that. automatic matching tool? please, god, no. automatic cross server matching tool? subscription canceled.

LFD killed my enjoyment of WoW. i didn't leave WoW for SWTOR, I left WoW and all the characters i had for years, becasue I couldn't stand it anymore. tried resubbing few months ago, was feeling nostalgic. few days and multiple pugs later... I was done. for good.

automatic matching tool is like printing money to solve bad economy. it works beautifully for a short term but in a long run, it makes the situation even worse then before you implemented it.

right? talking to people is so outdated.....:rolleyes:

the game hasnt even officially launched yet. till then you can /who and mark yourself lfg with a comment or /1 LFG X quest/dungeon.

but that doesnt work you can get over it. heroics give good loot yes, but they dont give you anything if you really think ppl to lazy to form a group can work as one..........

Wow. Some of the opinions here are absolutely ridiculous.

So "creating social connections" or "chatting" is spamming chat channels with LFM for XXX PST and then responding with I'll go is the former or the latter? Get real. Including an LFG tool does away with the nonsense of such an archaic way of forming groups.

Creating social connections and chatting is done INSIDE the group. The reason it did not work in WoW is because it was cross-server. If you include a single server LFG tool then you don't run into this problem.

Don't hate what you clearly don't understand.

The tool is not the problem.

Sure, the /who list is limited in several ways (e.g. no way to do multi-filtered searches, i.e. a search for players of a particular level range AND in a particular place).

Yes, the flashpoints are located in a very inorganic place (having them on the "fleets" removes them from the normal play areas and thus the majority of the pve players).

But, the social panel <cough> does have the lfg comment function. You can invite (or /whisper) directly from the panel.

When I am looking for a group for a particular heroic or flash the social who tab is the first place I look. I'm not sure how long I will do that, since result by that method are non-existent.

Anyhow.

The problem is not the existing tools. The problem is that people don't seem willing or able (lack of knowledge?) to use the perfectly useful existing tools. I certainly can't justify asking Bioware to put a bunch of time into developing nmore lfg type tools if people already don't use the handy existing ones.

How hard is it to use the existing tools? Not very. It is very easy. Much easier, in fact, than filtering through ridiculous amounts of /general chat spam (already?!) to find teammates.

Sad.

That being said, I thing a predesignated lfg chat channel (/4?) would be helpful, and remove some of the spam from general. Assuming, of course, that people actually used it, that being the main likely problem (based on a few other games I've seen where there was a mostly unused /lfg).

I would like a LFG tool but not one that add with other player right one, for me the best tool would be a instance-info of the current tool we have, like :

X player joined LF Y quest was Z role, and then the we look in the list, but people don't use the tool so...