The smash situation

gabusan

Is it me, or it is getting ridiculous? A guy jumps at you and crits you for 5k damage. And not only to you, but to everyone around you. It is bad enough when one guy is jumping around and causing havok like this, but when it is a group of two or three doing the same, they steamroll everything on their path.

Maybe I am being an alarmist but dont you think it is about time to balance things a bit? Like, maybe reducing the damage a bit for each target affected beyond the first? Put a "shield" on people affected by smash so next one in 6s will deal less damage? Put a cap on maximum damage smash can do? I dont know, I dont design games. Just do something. Because if operatives coming out of stealth and killing people with no chance to fight back was worrying, this smash-fest we have lately feels just as abusive.

Something has to be done but I doubt BW will address this before xpac. I've been in games where I died in 2-3 sec with all CDs up because few smashers leaped and smashed at the same time wiping my team before healers could do anything.

best part about smash fotm is, when Juggs full Vengeance or Immorta/Vengeance hybrid jumps and starts ravage, you see enemies wasting all of their cc first 3 sec while immunity is up... lolz.

some of them later post 'omg, smash hack immunity 31/31/31 legend hybrid' and accuse of hacks...

Yesterday I had a voidstar wz as a republic character. Mixed republic characters, ok. Enemy: 6 sith lolsmashers and 2 snipers.

First round was a little bit slow but we could capture the final node in the last minute.

Second round: the six lolsmasher jumped to our defenses, instakilled everyone, opened the door. Same at the second door and the final door. They captured the final node in 2 minutes. Everybody who survived the first smash was executed by the snipers.

Is it me, or it is getting ridiculous? A guy jumps at you and crits you for 5k damage. And not only to you, but to everyone around you. It is bad enough when one guy is jumping around and causing havok like this, but when it is a group of two or three doing the same, they steamroll everything on their path.

Maybe I am being an alarmist but dont you think it is about time to balance things a bit? Like, maybe reducing the damage a bit for each target affected beyond the first? Put a "shield" on people affected by smash so next one in 6s will deal less damage? Put a cap on maximum damage smash can do? I dont know, I dont design games. Just do something. Because if operatives coming out of stealth and killing people with no chance to fight back was worrying, this smash-fest we have lately feels just as abusive.

How dare you. Smash is fine. This has been reconfirmed from sents/maras across the board.

What about a topic "The bubble situation" ?

To kill a sorc/sage with the stun bubble we need a huge burst because warriors and knights has a lack of crowd control, we do not have a 4sec stun. Force choke it's not a stun, it's chaneled.

Smash always been 5k+ since expertise boost, but now you can just reduce the cooldowns to 9~10sec, instead of 12sec. And the Rage/Focus management it's better now.

With my assassin I can do EASILY 10k damage in 2GCD, I come behind you and maul 2x.

Powertech, flameburst and 5k railshot.

Operative and Scoundrel with the backstab, it's a single hit like smash..

The problem is that smash it's an AOE and do the "same" damage in all the targets. A nerf to AOE and do 50% less damage in targets 5+ meters from you will be more balanced.

With my assassin I can do EASILY 10k damage in 2GCD, I come behind you and maul 2x.

Powertech, flameburst and 5k railshot.

Operative and Scoundrel with the backstab, it's a single hit like smash..

The problem is that smash it's an AOE and do the "same" damage in all the targets. A nerf to AOE and do 50% less damage in targets 5+ meters from you will be more balanced.

Assassin say about "balance"... lololol :D

Marauders and Jugs saying they lack cc is absolute bull. The only cc you lack is a no channeled 4 second hard stun.

The cc you actually have is:

1. 3 sec channeled hard stun (which does damage, builds focus and in rage spec builds shockwave stacks)

2. Awe for a 6 second PBAOE mez up to 5 people (this gives 1 CD more then your opponent and allows burst setup)

3 Jug gets push with a 2 second knockdown which is a hard stun (it also resets leap)

So stop saying you lack cc and that's your weakness because you clearly don' t lack cc

chocke in tank tank/dps hybrid is not channeled.

I know i was referring to the Jug specs that are in popular usage being rage and the tank hybrid which both dont take the talent that allows choke to be a non channeled hard stun.

Edited by Esiqual

Part of the problem is, both the rage and the mirror focus talent trees are almost entirely build around smash/sweep. The talent tree itself makes the spec a one trick pony.

Unfortunately, since it's the shared tree between the advanced classes, Maras and sents are getting in on the act now too. The other problem is, they can leap to you 2 times. So even if you get them off you to avoid one smash, they can immediately leap right back on your and smash you anyways.

It should have been a warning sigh screaming bloody murder when you started seeing pvp groups with 7 juggs and 1 healer running around....winning a lot. The way I see it, focus/rage specs have a between 220% and a 240% increased damage of sweep/smash, with a 100.02% chance to crit on that 220-240% damage. So, with baseline stats, a crit would be about a 330% increase in damage over a baseline sweep/smash. And that's MINIMUM! This is based on talents that increase the damage 20%, and another that increases it 25% that stacks up to 4 times.

Wouldn't you like to have an ability on a non jugg/guard/mara/sent that had a 100% chance to crit and do 330% damage? BW nerfed just about every other talent tree for every class since launch in one way or another, in many cases for being far less ridiculous than this is. And yet, this hasn't been addresses yet?

Now, if you removed the singularity/shockwave talent completely, it wouldn't be bad at all. But what would you replace it with is the question. I'd personally recommend something that would make those trees worthwhile still, but not ridiculous like it is now.

The thing that peeves me off is BW says that a sage/sorc bubble stun is OP and it's going to get nerfed...Well, I personally see it as not bad at all. It builds resolve for one, and it breaks on damage. It's really an escape mechanism. And frankly, not many people run bubble stun spec at all anymore. It's all madness/balance. Yes, my mains are a sage and a sorc. Both are the madness/balance specs for PvP. Honestly, I think BW is behind the times a bit. Eight or nine months ago when everyone was tele/light, ya the bubble stun WAS a problem. But I've seen maybe, MAYBE 3 people run those trees in the last 2 weeks and I PvP constantly.

For my guardian, I actually prefer vigilance over focus. The aoe damage isn't as great, but that leap CC immunity is great against panicking players hitting all their CC abilities like crazy. I just think vigilance/vengeance trees have better survivability than the smash monkeys, barring they don't kill you outright with their lolsmash spam.

Meh, I make sure to /lol at smash monkeys now. Most of my characters are geared enough to eat a lolsmash and be able to overcome that burst for a win. It's when you have 3-4 of them flying at you doing it that makes it not worth pvping at all.

The thing that peeves me off is BW says that a sage/sorc bubble stun is OP and it's going to get nerfed...Well, I personally see it as not bad at all. It builds resolve for one, and it breaks on damage.[/volor] It's really an escape mechanism. And frankly, not many people run bubble stun spec at all anymore. It's all madness/balance. Yes, my mains are a sage and a sorc. Both are the madness/balance specs for PvP. Honestly, I think BW is behind the times a bit. Eight or nine months ago when everyone was tele/light, ya the bubble stun WAS a problem. But I've seen maybe, MAYBE 3 people run those trees in the last 2 weeks and I PvP constantly.

Off-topic, I know. But no, you're wrong. It builds way less Resolve then it should for any other equal duration stun and it does not break on damage. If you have both a Sage and a Sorcerer, I find it a bit weird that you did not know this.

Some classes have damage reduction against area effects. You have to spec for it and give up other things to have it, but it is there for them. Couldnt we get that kind of protection in all other classes that have to eat the smashes unmitigated?

please cry more all u smash hater, i have yet to see any of you tell the truth

almost half of the fight goes like this, hit rage, jump oh watch out here it comes im gona kill everyobdy with one shot....oh wait i just got knocked back and in 5 sec root, root downt i just got stunned, trying to close in got rooted again, my resolve goes from full to none, here comes other stun...I'm Dead

wow i just did so much damage, i almost killed the entire team only if i could do more then 0 damage

rage jugg goes down faster then a clothy, so what are you peep keep complaining about, every class has a spec that can pwn rage jug in one on one, never hear good players complain , they adjust to the situation not like you no skill crybabys