Can't decide on Chapter 1 ending choice *obvious spoilers*

TheLambOfDeth

Ok, how different are the choices that lead to the different missions. I know there's

Persuade Darth Jadus his plan is doomed: Blackmail

Run Eradicator Program, pretend to join Darth Jadus: Defender of the Empire

Run Eradicator Program, join Darth Jadus: Tyranny Triumphant

Deactivate Eradicators: Hero of the People

But are the outcomes really all that different in terms of the story ultimately. My IA is pretty evil, but he is loyal to the empire, so i'm not siding with Jadus. What I really want to know is, if I persuade Jadus, do I ever get to fight him later? That's the choice i'm thinking of because I get to manipulate him...

The only effect on the story is that if you side with Jadus, you'll often be referred to the hand of Jadus by NPCs. Not sure if this effects your Chapter 3 choices at all. I know your end of chapter 2 decisions do.

This is your only chance to fight Jadus, unless it comes up again in future expansions.

Edited by chuixupu

The end of Chapter 1 is your only chance to fight Jadus.

If you join with him, not only do you get an alternate boss fight,

Darth Zhorrid,

but one of your endgame options may change (it's also dependent on an Act 2 decision) to allow you to once again cooperate with Darth Jadus's agents.

If you run the Eradicator program to delay things and then try to stop Darth Jadus I think you get a fairly devastating sequence of listening to Jadus's narration while the ruination goes down. Can anyone confirm that?

Edited by bright_ephemera

If you run the Eradicator program to delay things and then try to stop Darth Jadus I think you get a fairly devastating sequence of listening to Jadus's narration while the ruination goes down. Can anyone confirm that?

I don't recall hearing anything from Jadus himself, just transmissions from various locations crying out in shock and agony as the decimation occurs.

I don't recall hearing anything from Jadus himself, just transmissions from various locations crying out in shock and agony as the decimation occurs.

Sadly they were voiced pretty poorly and I got no emotion from any of them. You do get Jadus talking to you once you return to him though, putting the blame for the deaths on you.

The end of Chapter 1 is your only chance to fight Jadus.

If you join with him, not only do you get an alternate boss fight,

Darth Zhorrid,

but one of your endgame options may change (it's also dependent on an Act 2 decision) to allow you to once again cooperate with Darth Jadus's agents.

I would've choose that, but I played my IA as too loyal to the Empire....even if he is DS.

I just finished Taris, do you ever meet Zhorrid again if you picked another option?

I never did. I wondered about Zhorrid actually. I expected her to be the end of act 1 boss all along. When it didnt happen I was just like "Hmmm". I went light side though, although I always picked pure Imperial interests so I only barely hit light 3.

It IS interesting though. I wonder if my choice right there completely altered my story arc for chapter 2. I chose turning off the eradicators and I sent Jadus into hiding without a fight.

Edited by islander

• 2 years later...
But are the outcomes really all that different in terms of the story ultimately.

I've been asking myself the same question when I first got to choose. Turns out YES: siding with Jadus adds some good 20 minutes of dialogues to the game (or at the very least 20 minutes of alternative lines). Seeing people enumerating all the differences, I decided to make a compilation of all Jadus act 2,3,4 appearances and references. Enjoy!

• 1 month later...