The NEW *INSANE DPS* 1.2 SORC Spec!

Saltydogz

Bigger numbers = better class?

Might want to think on that one a bit more...

Side note, a Sorc with bubble active will still die quicker to Energy or Kinetic damage than an afk Guardian (without a generator!).

QFT

Force run sounds cool but it only gets u so far...chances r u will get interrupted and die when they sneeze on u.

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I could care less about pvp... but for pve:

in our own guild testing, we've found sorcs averaging around 1200dps on the combat dummy... snipers average 1500, marauders average 1600, and mercenaries average 1800 (round about)

I imagine sorc numbers will go up to 1400 in a raid situation with full buffs, stims, adrenals, etc... but everyone elses numbers will go up too.

We're still incredibly far behind all of the other classes... I'm a guild leader for a world top 10 guild (7th right now) and I play a sorc... and I'm going to be asking DPS sorcs to sit for progression fights (myself included.)

That's how bad it is.

But that's ok, because sorcs have bubbles and sprint, so they don't need to do damage. Right? C'mon marauders, back me up here.

Ok, you guys are all cry babies

To put this out I am a Jedi Guardian.

I **** hate sorcs. Your bubbles are just insane, absorbs almost 3000k dmg and you guys are complaining that you have light Armour?

how much does my shield absorb when it's on you?

As a guy with a marauder, I feel it necessary to say: ahahahaha.....ahahahahaha....AHAHAHAHAAAAAA.

Someone doesn't know how MMOs work. The more OP you are, the harder the coming nerf. It's only going to take a few weeks before Marauders get nerfed even harder than Sorcerers did. Enjoy being the flavor of the month.

Someone doesn't know how MMOs work. The more OP you are, the harder the coming nerf. It's only going to take a few weeks before Marauders get nerfed even harder than Sorcerers did. Enjoy being the flavor of the month.

The game is going to be free-to-play by next month's flavor. I figure it like this: Sorcs had 4 months, Marauders get 1 month before the tolling of the bell.

Edited by Sentenzas

I have a War Hero Sorc and a Battlemaster (almost War Hero) Marauder. I can unequivocably say that the Marauder was the stronger PvP class pre-1.2. With the nerfs (both classes got nerfed if you had a good build btw), the Sorc really becomes second-rate as a dps'er. The damage is poor, the burst is extremely sub-par, and the survivability is the worst in the game. The bubble is nice, but even with it Sorcs are the least survivable class in the game.

If you want to see Force Lightning and still PvP, reroll as a Darkness Assassin and gear up for dps. You get faaaaaar more survivability than a Sorcerer, just as much if not more utility, and you get to use the cool looking Force Lightning. Stealth? Check. Force Run? Check. Tank survivability? Check. Grapple pull (of foes)? Check. Dominating 1v1 abiltiy? Check. Control? Check. Burst damage? Check.

Apparently Darth Maul not only kicked azz with a light saber moreso than the Emperor, but also Darth Maul was better with the force too. :(

I have a War Hero Sorc and a Battlemaster (almost War Hero) Marauder. I can unequivocably say that the Marauder was the stronger PvP class pre-1.2. With the nerfs (both classes got nerfed if you had a good build btw), the Sorc really becomes second-rate as a dps'er. The damage is poor, the burst is extremely sub-par, and the survivability is the worst in the game. The bubble is nice, but even with it Sorcs are the least survivable class in the game.

If you want to see Force Lightning and still PvP, reroll as a Darkness Assassin and gear up for dps. You get faaaaaar more survivability than a Sorcerer, just as much if not more utility, and you get to use the cool looking Force Lightning. Stealth? Check. Force Run? Check. Tank survivability? Check. Grapple pull (of foes)? Check. Dominating 1v1 abiltiy? Check. Control? Check. Burst damage? Check.

Apparently Darth Maul not only kicked azz with a light saber moreso than the Emperor, but also Darth Maul was better with the force too. :(

Are you high? We WILL find a way to pwn again in PvE, mark our words. Judging by some of the posts here, seems some of my sorc brothers are already starting to.

But EU? SERIOUSLY? Darth Sidious was the greatest Sith Inquisitor/Sorcerer, greatest SITH EVER. The strongest, the smartest. MASTERED EVERY Dark Side force technique, & yes, every lightsaber style. Who was master & apprentice again?

ALMOST EVERY Sith Emperor has been a sorc. The other classes can enjoy their TOR charity, cuz ANYWHERE else, EU, all that, sorcs run the show.

This is my honest opinion on this whole shenanigan. Keep in mind I don't play a sorcerer or a sage, I play a scrapper and am currently working on a sniper. It happens in most mmo's where a class is only good for one thing. I'll list a few examples below.

WoW: in the days of vanilla, people laughed at you if your paladin was anything but holy. Nobody wanted you for raids unless you healed. Then in the days of TBC, the ONLY thing arcane mages were good for was to buff the raid, then they were taken out and replaced with that player's main.

Rift: At first, the thing to be was a Champion warrior. They were unstoppable, but they got nerfed to the stone age. suddenly it was a pyro mage that was the faceroll class.

The point I'm trying to make is that classes with fluctuate. The only way pre 1.2 anyone would take my scrapper into a raid or wz group was if I was healing, and that forced many scrappers to play heals. Now it seems that day has come for sorcerers and sages, where it'll take a bit more work and a lot more elbow grease to play effectively. If you truly love your class, which I'll always love my scrapper, then you'll find your way through and still have a good time. Whether your role is now a healer, or whatever it may be, try to learn to adapt and make the best out of it. Your class is (in my opinion) never unplayable, but rather now a more challenging class to play.

See it in this perspective, remember the sayings from a few weeks/months ago: "A well played guardian/jugg is brutal." The same was said about snipers and gunslingers, they were hard classes to play, and still are, but when you learn the ropes and apply what you've learned, you'll still be unstoppable. They may have nerfed the Sorcerer class, but they can NEVER nerf your skill. Hang in there guys, and it'll be even better when you still end up beating people who mostly assume your class is "Dead." when you get beat by a "dead" class, it's much more of a slap in the face because you assume no sorcerer can beat you. Learn your class, perfect it, and you will be highly respected, I promise you that. Don't quit, sorcs, we all truly do enjoy playing with AND against you. :D

only the baddie sorcs will fail in pve. just because Hybrid is dead doesn't mean sorcs dps is dead. QFT with QQ and just re roll the new flavor of the month: marauder.

Hybrid is still the top dps... all specs got nerfed about 200dps across the board when we were already not the top dps class.

So you all just cry because the wrath doesn't proc your chain lightning any more? Wow just wow! And you called that burst dps, before 1.2? Please stop polluting the forums with your useless whines.

Rolling sorc for DPS (even pre-1.2) is like rolling Sniper for utility. Dudes.. calm down. You have shields, force speed, slow, extricate, RANGED STUN, ranged mez, debuff cleanse, knockback and the last but not least, the most annoying force lightning with 50% slow.

Seriously, WHAT MORE DO YOU WANT? Your class together with your assassin friends have been polluting the warzones for months now.

THANK YOU BIOWARE FOR CHANGES! THANK YOU.

oh you mean unlike your consulars and their pebbles spamming ******** with 50% slow?

I'm a pure madness sorc so i really don't feel the nerf that was meant for hybrid classes, although I would have to agree that an already OP calls has been buffed a couple of times so now they can kill sorcs easier.

Yes we have a bubble but 1 skill can take it off and it takes just another 4 skills to pawn a sorc, and some of you guys are telling us sorcs that it is easy to use? easier than just jumping on someone, then use maybe 3 or 4 skills? and remember maras have the god mode skill.

I think instead of nerfing sorcs they should have buffed our survivability.

The game is going to be free-to-play by next month's flavor. I figure it like this: Sorcs had 4 months, Marauders get 1 month before the tolling of the bell.

Sorcs had 4 months of what? Having a double dipping healing bug that was pointed out since the game started?

High Dmg? Mara/Juggs hitting people with smash for 7-7.5k (up to 5 targets too) and sorcs hitting for maybe 4.5k on 3 targets get nerfed..

Yeah, I see how op sorcs were. Healing double-dip and dmg? lol.. Never was the top ever.

1st picture you only died onces when the 2nd lowest death count on your team is 4 times more death than you do. Enemy completely sucking at focusing doesnt mean its fine. And what about other sorcs on the very bottom?

And re-read the screenshots again... look at all the other average sorcs sitting wayyyyyyyyy on the button.

Edited by warultima

1st picture you only died onces when the 2nd lowest death count on your team is 8 time than then you.

And re-read the screenshots again... look at all the other average sorcs sitting wayyyyyyyyy on the button.

Well, they're healers.

1st picture you only died onces when the 2nd lowest death count on your team is 4 times more death than you do. Enemy completely sucking at focusing doesnt mean its fine. And what about other sorcs on the very bottom?

As was already said the bottom are healers.

2nd ever stop to think his team protected him and he was good with his cc and knockbacks allowing him to live and do that damage?

Just because the baddies qq does not mean the sorc that was OP before hence why it was played by so many is not balanced or fine.

0/10/31 is still fine.

http://i.imgur.com/rDA9K.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/BTdOs.jpg

//edit:

Still doing just fine:

http://i.imgur.com/AJTmi.jpg

Should I provide you with more screenshots throughout the evening? ;D

Give me some tips then. I consider myself to be a rather good pvper. Pre-patch I could 1v1 about 80% (possibly more) of the players on my server. I can still pull well over 300k damage against a good team that doesn't mark me (I broke 400k on an ald earlier without spamming dots like a loony person). However, once someone gets on me, I die (unless they start with low health); and I get marked a ton.

In the new WZ (NC), I was defending a turret. A sentinel came my way. My stun was on CD. He absolutely wrecked me. I only had him to 50% before I died. Keep in mind that I killed this same guy 1v1 with 70% of my HP remaining just the other day!

How do you keep them off you? My force speed is either countered with a stun or leap. (Especially with the longer CD). Knockback costs a gcd and since I'm slowed, they easily close that gap. Two seconds of root means about 10 meters and one ability before they close the gap. I'm constantly slowed, which drops that to about 5 meters. Root combo'ed with a slow/ gets met with force cammo. Stun meets stun breaker. Mez isn't going to work since I have dots up.

Please, educate me. I'd love for this class to feel fun again. Due to my reputation, I get marked the vast majority of the matches I go into. How do you 1v1 people? How do you manage to keep them off you?

Sorcs always had a hard time against Sentinels/Marauders.

A good marauder will usually **** you in a 1vs1, they even did prepatch.

Do you use Warzone Adrenals + Medpacks (35% Heal ***!)?

Dot them, slow them (they cant dispell themselves), shield yourself, break LoS, throw in flasheals (do you notice that I usually pull off 75k+ healing), Force Speed around corners when you know their Leap is on cooldown. And lastly, hope for aid from your teammates.

The good thing is, you got a lot of instants so use it to your advantage and break LoS alot.

Edited by Mgla